Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki (44737 Views)

Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor / Okpoko Clean Up: Anambra Begins Demolition Of Shanties And Illegal Structures / LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Lagosfinder(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2019
This is video clips of the demolition of illegal structures, shanties, kiosks and containarised shops at Marwa Waterside area of Lekki by the operatives of the Lagos State Task Force carried out over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY5XPCHrlFA

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by ProtectMyMoney: 12:40am On Dec 30, 2019
Lagosfinder:

This is video clips of the demolition of illegal structures, shanties, kiosks and containarised shops at Marwa Waterside area of Lekki by the operatives of the Lagos State Task Force carried out over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY5XPCHrlFA

Instead of the Governor to finish what is already on ground and uncompleted, he is going about to cause another chaos. .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Lagosfinder(m): 12:44am On Dec 30, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

Instead of the Governor to finish what is already on ground and uncompleted, he is going about to cause another chaos. .

You have to understand they are occupying the place illegally and also big men living around feel threaten by their continual stay

======================
Contact lagosfinder.com team for your property (land/house) sale, purchase, lease and Lettings around Lagos

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Citytrend: 1:04am On Dec 30, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

in this trying Time?

6 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by leofab(f): 4:54am On Dec 30, 2019
Any alternatives for them ?

5 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by baby124: 5:08am On Dec 30, 2019
leofab:
Any alternatives for them ?
Let their state governors grant those alternatives. What are they running from in their own states? So Lagos is a rubbish dump where everybody comes to set up dustbins

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by JohnieWalker12(m): 5:20am On Dec 30, 2019
Same thing was done in Asaba and I can tell you its for the best

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by agarawu23(m): 5:21am On Dec 30, 2019
No emotional comments. They are occupying there illegally

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Roon9(m): 5:22am On Dec 30, 2019
Hmmm....

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by TinyHacker: 5:23am On Dec 30, 2019
less congestion

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 30, 2019
angry
Hmmmmmm.
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by okadoo: 5:28am On Dec 30, 2019
How can you build shanties and shops on somebody private land? They deserved to be jailed.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 30, 2019
Chai... Just imagine how rough everywhere looks.

I curse what ever forces made me to be delivered in this zoo and stupid shithole called country

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by realestniggah: 5:29am On Dec 30, 2019
I hope they were compensated
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by pacespot(m): 5:29am On Dec 30, 2019
They are hunting for the high paying customers in the environs, but I think this move is necessary by the LASG, if they have set up their businesses very well, they won't be called shanties.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 30, 2019
agarawu23:
No emotional comments. They are occupying there illegally
Sad to say, but this is the truth.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 30, 2019
realestniggah:
No compensation will be paid if you occupy a land illegally.

66 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by helinues: 5:31am On Dec 30, 2019
For Dec?

Life is truly not fair..

2 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by onlyonechid84(m): 5:32am On Dec 30, 2019
baby124:

Let their state governors grant those alternatives. What are they running from in their own states? So Lagos is a rubbish dump where everybody comes to set up dustbins
The mechanic guy that was interviewed did he sound like someone from the north south Or east ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Haniel18: 5:33am On Dec 30, 2019
baby124:

Sorry to say but ur reply shows hw insensitive and myopic u are in ur thinking. U are d type dat complained abt those attacks in south Africa but unknown to u ur reply portrays d same tin. We are Nigerias for Christ sake and we should be free to live anywhere in d country in peace and harmony, do u knw hw many yorubas that live in the north, east and south living legally and illegally, trade and better standard of living makes people migrate to different zones for settlement.
If truly their stay there is causing havoc den d government should make an alternative to them.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by GreenArrow1(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2019
From Detty December to Jonzing January for most of these folks.
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by ikorodureporta: 5:34am On Dec 30, 2019
eradicating d poor

2 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Cirochukade: 5:34am On Dec 30, 2019
Chai!! some people no dey sleep oo. Just waiting for a topic to be created at anytime of the day, una weldone. Before you quote me referring to the 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's.

Back to the topic. If its illegal why not stop them before it becomes a menace to the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Lovelies1: 5:34am On Dec 30, 2019
Check my signature
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by darthv: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2019
Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Dshocker(m): 5:36am On Dec 30, 2019
baby124:

Would you have said same if you were an occupant there?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Bar1941(m): 5:37am On Dec 30, 2019
What a senseless set of people called government, if the so called big men in power did not embezzle the common wealth in the first instance, I'm sure their would have been more than enough resouces to provide low cost estate at least for everyone to put their heads at night, now that you demolished their shelters and means of livelihood, hope you realize you just unleash another set of frustrated minds, armed robbers, prostitutes and the likes to the already oversaturated level at hand. Until the government start to properly allocate the available resources the poor man will keep finding a mean to survive at all cost.

19 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 30, 2019
Right step in the right direction..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Or11: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Haniel18:

Sorry to say but ur reply shows hw insensitive and myopic u are in ur thinking. U are d type dat complained abt those attacks in south Africa but unknown to u ur reply portrays d same tin. We are Nigerias for Christ sake and we should be free to live anywhere in d country in peace and harmony, do u knw hw many yorubas that live in the north, east and south living legally and illegally, trade and better standard of living makes people migrate to different zones for settlement.
If truly their stay there is causing havoc den d government should make an alternative to them.

Yen yen yen, will you shut up. No where in the world tolerates illegal occupying of a land or property

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by hemmaoshos(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2019
onlyonechid84:
The mechanic guy that was interview did he sound like someone from the north Or east ?
They are different tribes, major: Northerners from Adamawa & Borno and Yorubas. There are good people but the other is high with different kinds of diseases, drugs, hustlers, thief, killers. I had to pray for transfer from my company due to high risk and danger to my life and God answered my prayers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by dominique(f): 5:45am On Dec 30, 2019
realestniggah:

For illegally occupying a state controlled area? It doesn't work that way

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki by Myself2(m): 5:48am On Dec 30, 2019
Lagosfinder:

You have to understand they are occupying the place illegally and also big men living around feel threaten by their continual stay

And some hardened criminals live in those places and they also collect rent and tax from the other Jew men who own shops there. Drug sales and abuse, teen pregnancy everywhere, innocent children are quickly corrupted and robbed of their childhood, countless sex abuse, the list goes on and on

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.