Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed (4210 Views)

You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by juiicii: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
I married last year. My wife is a choleric just like myself.she is the type that will not tolerate mistakes from me, if i don't keep things in their position, then hell will let loose,she hardly 'respects' me, she behaves independently and when i threaten divorce, she will say i should do it fast, because of her attitude i hardly give her money, when she demands for money, i will ask her, what of your salary, she will tell me that its my responsibility to give her money for somethings irrespective of her personal earnings. Meanwhile she never brings any money on the table for the family upkeep, i foot the bills :rentage,food,nepa, etc. I stopped buying clothes, etc for her since she put up those attitudes that piss me off. Infact i just don't love her again, we argue a lot except i just lock myself up in one room which is my new method now. Pls experienced advice needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by juiicii: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
The marriage is just one year and we 'hate each other', will it be possible for the old love we had before wedding to come back.pls if u know a similar case, share it here pls
Honestly i passively want the marriage to .....
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by 4tunebest(f): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
juiicii:
will it be possible for the old love we had before wedding to come back..

Yes

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by faithfull18(f): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Immaturity at play grin. Yes, keep working at it

Meanwhile, NL association of advicers(NLAA), your advices are needed here grin

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by freecocoahubby(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
juiicii:
I married last year. My wife is a choleric just like myself.she is the type that will not tolerate mistakes from me, if i don't keep things in their position, then hell will let loose,she hardly 'respects' me, she behaves independently and when i threaten divorce, she will say i should do it fast, because of her attitude i hardly give her money, when she demands for money, i will ask her, what of your salary, she will tell me that its my responsibility to give her money for somethings irrespective of her personal earnings. Meanwhile she never brings any money on the table for the family upkeep, i foot the bills :rentage,food,nepa, etc. I stopped buying clothes, etc for her since she put up those attitudes that piss me off. Infact i just don't love her again, we argue a lot except i just lock myself up in one room which is my new method now. Pls experienced advice needed

Just imagine the sense of entitlement. So disgusting!

This mentality right here is what makes the average Nigerian woman a completely useless non-entity who is undeserving of love, loyalty or respect.

I dont blame them sha.. it's some of these lilly-livered beta simps we call 'men' in the society who have done a fantastic job in convincing foolish women that they deserve the world simply because of that putrid GUTTER in between their legs lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by extralargehead(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
if she does all those things you just outlined, then SUE HER!!!. Like one sage once asked, if they can do this when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?. If she gives you any child then you are finished.
Better talk to her parents or complain to your parents. in-short call a family meeting, this case needs more than a third party to settle.
Abeg make una no kill meoooo

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by donbachi(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
make una just end d marriage....nothing come out.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
U know u are both choleric so why did u still marry her to start spewing rubbish now?
No 1 mistake by you.

Whatever u accuse your wife of doing, u do the same.
Why are u absorbing yourself of any wrong?

I have noticed that to every story here, the person always like to paint him/herself as saint that always married the devil.

Anyway, choleric personality have weak points and soft spots. Look for her weak point and get through her.
Also check her secondary temperament, u 2 May differ and look out for her strong points and encourage her through those strong points. Never ever cage a choleric. Give her maximum freedom and support and watch her relax. When she is relaxed, she will give you her best
Female choleric are very faithful and supportive. Tell us what u did or said that made her react this way.
Words are very important to u guys and u know it

There is one major thing couples that want to marry don't ever look into and that is how the intended spouse lived his or life during their formative yrs.
This to a major extent is what determines who will be as an adult.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by highcurrent: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
once there is no respect in marriage again, then that marriage is heading to the rock

with time love dies out, especially when what you love in her is fading away.

may be you guys need beneficial mediation.

remember communication is important.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nothing wrong sir.

Two cholerics will have to work hard at making a marriage work.

My husband is a very annoying choleric and am phelgmatic. Despite being phelgmatic i still find him very annoying most times.

I know how cholerics behave. Their opinions rule, whatever you think you have to say is zero. cheesy

Since your also choleric, look at it from this angle.
How do you want to be treated when you are angry?
How do you want to be spoken to?
Generally, how do you want people around you to behave so as not to upset you.
What would a partner do to make you feel happy and loved.

Ponder on these things and start doing them to her.

8 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by madone: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
sassysure:
U know u are both choleric so why did u still marry her to start spewing rubbish now?
No 1 mistake by you.

Whatever u accuse your wife of doing, u do the same.
Why are u absorbing yourself of any wrong?

I have noticed that to every story here, the person always like to paint him/herself as saint that always married the devil.

Anyway, choleric personality have weak points and soft spots. Look for her weak point and get through her.
Also check her secondary temperament, u 2 May differ and look out for her strong points and encourage her through those strong points. Never ever cage a choleric. Give her maximum freedom and support and watch her relax. When she is relaxed, she will give you her best
Female choleric are very faithful and supportive. Tell us what u did or said that made her react this way.
Words are very important to u guys and u know it

There is one major thing couples that want to marry don't ever look into and that is how the intended spouse lived his or life during their formative yrs.
This to a major extent is what determines who will be as an adult.
hear this
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by jesmond3945: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
juiicii:
it is normal, the masks are off. Dont always try to assert your authority. your wife is a human not a door mat. use wisdom to follow her. dont always expect her to bring to the table, continue to provide for the family. when she starts screaming, move away from the situation that doesnt mean you should not also register your displeasure when you are pissed. summary, marriage is hard work, you and your wife should come to a compromise to make it successful.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Pavore9: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Two Cholerics? Fireworks!

"One problem with people of this temperament is that they struggle to accept anything perceived as criticism. If they are criticized or even simply opposed, they will confront people and try to dominate those who they received criticism from. They will try to win through loudness and intimidation"

I suggest you both go for couples therapy.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
This Marriage shouldn't have held in the first place.

When you discovered both of you are choleric without intention of adapting to this union called marriage, the best option would have been to let go. But you managed it.

Well, it has be. First, I think you guys should sit down as Adult (oga go and meet her) and ask yourselves if you truly want this marriage to work.

Then develop a heart to heart template that works for your communication, finances and others.

Stick to that template until it becomes part of you.
Lastly, if you are a religious person, make the holy book a standard for living. I can tell you, it helps.

Please don't join the list of divorce.
All the best.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Lari03r(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
A few problems are obvious here.

First, you never discussed financial contribution before entering the union. This is wrong. It is important for intending couples to cooperate financially, and to set budgets for their lifestyle together. If you do it alone, then there's an obvious communication gap between the two of you.

An adult must take certain responsibilities not withstanding their gender. An understanding must exist for a balanced relationship.

Secondly, your wife might be a Choleric, but she will also be a mix of temperaments with the Choleric as the major temperament, while a different temperament operates in the background. Find out what her other interests are, and work on drawing her minor temperament out. Does she like tv, art or sports? What does she like to do for relaxation? You need to know this and work on building a relaxed atmosphere in your home.

You didn't mention the mistakes you made. Were they financial, moral or behavioural ? Sit your wife down and reason with her. Everyone makes mistakes and it is our ability to accept others mistakes that shows maturity.

Marriage is hard work bro, don't think it is easy for anyone. It is what you put into your marriage in terms of communication, cooperation, and coordination that will yield positive results for you.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by StrikeBack(m): 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
I can't compromise my happiness for someone else

@op it's better you deeevorce her because the future is not bright

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by lilmax(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
juiicii:
the nerve undecided

Bro divorce it immediately, we dey your back

No disrespect, rude, irritating attitude will be tolerated

DIVORCE her now bro, you will appreciate it

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Lari03r(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
angry
At this stage why will you be threatening divorce over mere verbal insubordination?

It shows that you need to work on your self, your expectations in your marriage, and communicate expectations of your spouse to her.

8 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by frozen70(f): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
juiicii:

She wasn't like this before marriage

There must have been some thing you did to her that she bent in taking her turn

A marriage without respect is like rival's sharing same apartments

You guts need to be separated for a while and see if you think you need to come back

She us nit scared of divorce because probably she is not even enjoying you irbtge marriage

If you are tough on her, you can only build her tougher

But then sut her do and ask her what's the problem, she has a lot to say and be ready to listen to her

Not just listening, there are some things you did to her years back, she is still holding it against you

If after her complaints, it's something you can treat, pls do and you guys will move on

Stop taking her for granted , she needs respect too

Treat her like a woman and her madness will be tamed

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by sisisioge: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
It is well...may peace be unto the land for it looks like the devil is out to destroy the heartbeat of the society...family.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
You knew what you were getting yourself into b|c these attitudes are too prominent to miss during courtship and these are things nobody develops overnight, meaning she was like these then and you must've noticed them then. Stay in your marriage and make it work.
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Mobree: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
freecocoahubby:

Just imagine the sense of entitlement. So disgusting!

This mentality right here is what makes the average Nigerian woman a completely useless non-entity who is undeserving of love, loyalty or respect.

I dont blame them sha.. it's some of these lilly-livered beta simps we call 'men' in the society who have done a fantastic job in convincing foolish women that they deserve the world simply because of that putrid GUTTER in between their legs lipsrsealed

Are the insults really necessary?

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Mobree: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
People are talking divorce already. What happened to seeing a counsellor?
This our generation sha..we're like a spoilt child who instead changing the batteries of his tired toy car, smashes and destroys it cos it wouldn't work. Let's try the "Fix" option before we destroy naa.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by ImaIma1(f): 12:27am On Dec 31, 2019
What were you both discussing during your courtship days? There are some issues that should have been trashed out while dating so that you know you are on the same page.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by jakandeola(m): 12:49am On Dec 31, 2019
Pavore9:

"One problem with people of this temperament is that they struggle to accept anything perceived as criticism. If they are criticized or even simply opposed, they will confront people and try to dominate those who they received criticism from. They will try to win through loudness and intimidation"

wat de meaning of DAT?
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by jakandeola(m): 1:03am On Dec 31, 2019
juiicii:
u are d man of d house u need to proove DAT.how can u have a wife who refuse to respect u and shout at u.do she still Cook or wash for u.do u still sex each oda. u paid her brideprice so u are in control.I think she is wicked she got her own money yet want to keep collecting from u. I think u mess up from d start of d marriage wen u start to collect rubbish from her have u ever dicipline her before? I keep saying it is bad to beat woman but is necessary sometimes. d way I see it she dont respect ur family.guy next time u quarell u dicipline her not too much to injure her did u know as shes crying u walk out for like 10 mins.
then u come back and apologized to her.she will still be forming. u now beg her well.she will accept.explain to her why u beat and DAT u feel sad for doing DAT.u take her to eatry later.and have mind blowing sex wen u get back.ur family will be stronger.pls dont listen to anyone who say u shd divorce ur wife. send ur email bro I wish we can chat inboxly
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by NotBeenPaid: 1:08am On Dec 31, 2019

The signs were very visible enough for you to see during courtship and you blatantly ignored them, went on to propose, then gbam marriage.

Please learn to manage her and enjoy your union. Thank you for understanding...

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by MVLOX(m): 2:21am On Dec 31, 2019
Honestly you most likely to see the real woman you got married to after marriage.... my advice is that you keep doing what you ought to do as a man.... that way nobody will fault you....
Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by CHoccolaTE: 3:13am On Dec 31, 2019
jakandeola:
u are d man of d house u need to proove DAT.how can u have a wife who refuse to respect u and shout at u.do she still Cook or wash for u.do u still sex each oda. u paid her brideprice so u are in control.I think she is wicked she got her own money yet want to keep collecting from u. I think u mess up from d start of d marriage wen u start to collect rubbish from her have u ever dicipline her before? I keep saying it is bad to beat woman but is necessary sometimes. d way I see it she dont respect ur family.guy next time u quarell u dicipline her not too much to injure her did u know as shes crying u walk out for like 10 mins.
then u come back and apologized to her.she will still be forming. u now beg her well.she will accept.explain to her why u beat and DAT u feel sad for doing DAT.u take her to eatry later.and have mind blowing sex wen u get back.ur family will be stronger.pls dont listen to anyone who say u shd divorce ur wife. send ur email bro I wish we can chat inboxly

So she should still cook daily and wash for him and do other things a woman is supposed to do at home and also be providing money for him at the same time as Co breadwinner?

As for the rest of your post about beating women, I hope you give your daughters husband the same advice.

15 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Pavore9: 3:48am On Dec 31, 2019
jakandeola:
wat de meaning of DAT?

Meaning of what?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by Cossybob(m): 3:50am On Dec 31, 2019
Pavore9:

This is so true... They try to seek public comfort by speaking ill about the opposing force.... They never admit the fact that they themselves were at fault... Always domineering and its very much annoying if you are in a relationship with them.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Love My Wife Like Before, Advice Needed by johnkey: 5:20am On Dec 31, 2019
My uncle marraige is like this but more fierce because they go physical and destroy things, just yesterday phones got spoiled. I'm seriously contemplating on just having a baby mama next year, after breastfeeding my baby for 2 years I collect my child and give to my mom. Marraige is scary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Spank Children? / How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank / The Most Painful Physical Experience Any Woman Can Feel.. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.