Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11716 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-06-27

✝�TOPIC: UNLOCKING YOUR MIRACLE

✝�TEXT: John 2:1-12 (NKJV)
1. On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." 4. Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come." 5. His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do [it."] 6. Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7. Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim. 8. And He said to them, "Draw [some] out now, and take [it] to the master of the feast." And they took [it.] 9. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10. And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the [guests] have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!" 11. This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. 12. After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.

✝�STUDY There was a marriage in Cana of Galilee and Jesus and His mother, Mary, were invited. Mid way into the occasion, the wine for the occasion finished. Mary approached Jesus for a miracle but Jesus said it was not time for Him to perform miracles. Mary demonstrated faith by trusting Jesus to remedy the situation and instructing them to do whatever Jesus would have them do. Afterwards, Jesus gave instructions and the servants obeyed and there was miracle. Today, we learn that ensuring that Jesus is present in your life and endeavours, approaching Him through prayer to ask for your need, being patient with Him till the appointed time and absolute obedience to His words (the Bible), are prerequisites to receiving your miracle. Therefore, you need to think deeply: Is He in your life? Is He in your business,work, academics, marriage, etc.? Do you have faith?Do you really pray about your need or your greed?Can you boast of absolute obedience to His word? Jesus is ready with your miracle if you are ready for it.

✝� PRAYER: Jesus, help me to position myself for your miracle, Amen!

Credits: Daily fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Date: 2020-06-28

✝�TOPIC: TRANSFORMED BY FAITH

✝�TEXT: Galatians 3:23-29(NKJV)
23. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24. Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29. And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

✝�STUDY In our text, we see that the coming of Jesus revealed faith to mankind. Humanity is justified by this revealed faithwhich qualifies us as children of God. This faith breaks barriers and differencesand presents all humans as one before God. It makes man to become Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. In other words, faith is synonymous to Christ whose death brought the said transformation. The faith here referred is beyond that of yesterday. It speaks of the saving faith, of accepting Jesus into your life. It is that faith that brings Jesus to live through you. When you come to this point, you become transformed from a mere mortal to a celestial being, thus no more Jew or Gentiles, bond or free, male or female! You become a citizen of heaven while living out God’s kingdom on earth. To have this faith, you must have Jesus.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, make me an heir according to the promise.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Jun 29, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-06-29 (St. Peter the Apostle)

✝�TOPIC: PETER’S DELIVERANCE

✝�TEXT: Act 12:1-11 (NKJV)
1. Now about that time Herod the king stretched out [his] hand to harass some from the church. 2. Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3. And because he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to seize Peter also. Now it was [during] the Days of Unleavened Bread. 4. So when he had arrested him, he put [him] in prison, and delivered [him] to four squads of soldiers to keep him, intending to bring him before the people after Passover. 5. Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church. 6. And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison. 7. Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by [him,] and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, "Arise quickly!" And his chains fell off [his] hands. 8. Then the angel said to him, "Gird yourself and tie on your sandals"; and so he did. And he said to him, "Put on your garment and follow me." 9. So he went out and followed him, and did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10. When they were past the first and the second guard posts, they came to the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened to them of its own accord; and they went out and went down one street, and immediately the angel departed from him. 11. And when Peter had come to himself, he said, "Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and [from] all the expectation of the Jewish people."

✝�STUDY Herod arose against the church. First, he killed James with the sword. Again, he imprisoned Peter with the intention to kill him after the Passover. The brethren prayed fervently, crying to God to save the church because Herod was ready to get ridof it. Heaven responded immediately and we saw the miraculous deliverance of Peter. Who knows, probably, if the church had kept quiet as it did in the case of James, Peter would have been killed. However, Peter had a role in the whole incidence -that of obeying divine directives. The church is being threatened and persecuted in several places. We have a work to doand it is that of fervent and endless prayer! Let us stop magnifying the activities of the enemies of Christ and resort to praying without ceasing. Let us pay attention to the Holy Spirit’s instructions and obey. God who delivered Peter will save His persecuted church.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, deliver your church from every attack of the enemies.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:38am On Jun 30, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-06-30

✝�TOPIC: A TERRIBLE END

✝�TEXT: Act 12:12-25 (NKJV) 12. So, when he had considered [this,] he came to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose surname was Mark, where many were gathered together praying. 13. And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a girl named Rhoda came to answer. 14. When she recognized Peter's voice, because of [her] gladness she did not open the gate, but ran in and announced that Peter stood before the gate. 15. But they said to her, "You are beside yourself!" Yet she kept insisting that it was so. So they said, "It is his angel." 16. Now Peter continued knocking; and when they opened [the door] and saw him, they were astonished. 17. But motioning to them with his hand to keep silent, he declared to them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, "Go, tell these things to James and to the brethren." And he departed and went to another place. 18. Then, as soon as it was day, there was no small stir among the soldiers about what had become of Peter. 19. But when Herod had searched for him and not found him, he examined the guards and commanded that [they] should be put to death. And he went down from Judea to Caesarea, and stayed [there.] 20. Now Herod had been very angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon; but they came to him with one accord, and having made Blastus the king's personal aide their friend, they asked for peace, because their country was supplied with food by the king's [country.] 21. So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them. 22. And the people kept shouting, "The voice of a god and not of a man!" 23. Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died. 24. But the word of God grew and multiplied. 25. And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem when they had fulfilled [their] ministry, and they also took with them John whose surname was Mark.

✝�STUDY The Text today began with the triumph of the righteous. Midway, it presented the terrible end of the wicked and concluded with the victory of God’s word. Our concern however is in the terrible end of King Herod, which came on the day he accepted the people’s declaration of him as a god, taking the glory of God to himself! He was smitten by an angel, eaten of worms and died! Considering this sequence, one would see that Herod was still alive when worms started feeding on him. Wickedness cannot end in glory. God is a righteous judge, who rewards every man according to his works. The end point of Herod was a typology of hell, where worms feed on condemned souls while they are alive (though dead – the second death). What a horrible thing! You do not need to be Herod to end that way. Sin is wickedness and sinners will end terribly. The solution is total repentance and abstinence from sin and wickedness.

✝� PRAYER: Save me from a terrible ending, O Lord!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 1, 2020

✝�TOPIC: LEADERS ARE GOERS

✝�TEXT: Acts 13:1-12 (NKJV) 1. Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." 3. Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent [them] away. 4. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus. 5. And when they arrived in Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. They also had John as [their] assistant. 6. Now when they had gone through the island to Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew whose name [was] Bar-Jesus, 7. who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man. This man called for Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God. 8. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. 9. Then Saul, who also [is called] Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10. and said, "O full of all deceit and all fraud, [you] son of the devil, [you] enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? 11. "And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord [is] upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time." And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand. 12. Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had been done, being astonished at the teaching of the Lord.

✝�STUDY It is amazing how the Holy Spirit works! In today’s passage, He (the Holy Spirit) came to the church in Antioch to commission some disciples for a certain mission – that of preaching Christ to a lost world; He wanted them to go to places where Christ had not been known. The persons He chose for this mission is an instruction for us and this experience is full of lessons for the believer in Christ: He chose Barnabas and Saul. In verse 1, we were informed that these two were among the “certain prophets and teachers”, apparently, they were among the leaders in the church. Why would God choose leaders for a foreign mission? Why not let them continue to teach in Antioch? Why remove the “cream”, the “stars” of the church? In our experience today this is hardly possible. We are more likely to send younger, less experienced people, while the “big men” sit to “eat the fruit of a blossoming ministry.” But that is apparently not God’s way. In God’s mission agenda, leaders are the goers. Untested, unproved, inexperienced men should not be sent; people who have not proved their callings should not be sent to the mission field. Maybe this is one of the reasons we sometimes have high casualties in the mission field. Experienced men, those who know and can adequately teach the Word, should be the goers. They go to conquer hard territories and like Paul will do, leave “a Timothy” “a Titus”, and go further. Leaders in church should be leaders of missions.

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me use all my experiences in You and Your ways to reach out to the lost.

*WELCOME TO JULY!*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 2, 2020

✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-02

✝�TOPIC: O FOOD, FALL INTO MY MOUTH!

✝�TEXT: ACTS 13:13-22(NKJV)
13. Now when Paul and his party set sail from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia; and John, departing from them, returned to Jerusalem. 14. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down. 15. And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, "Men [and] brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on." 16. Then Paul stood up, and motioning with [his] hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen: 17. "The God of this people Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an uplifted arm He brought them out of it. 18. "Now for a time of about forty years He put up with their ways in the wilderness. 19. "And when He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment. 20. "After that He gave [them] judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet. 21. "And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. 22. "And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, 'I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after My [own] heart, who will do all My will.'

✝�STUDY “God has finished the work of salvation in Christ”, the preacher was saying that day in church. Though that was my father preaching, his words hit me in an unusual way. “You are the one to repent, you are the one to accept His gift in Christ; God cannot repent for you.” He explained that that would be like sitting down on the table after your wife has served a good meal she cooked, and saying “O food, fall into my mouth!” Dad has since joined the Saints Triumphant. Paul’s message in Antioch in Pisidia reminds me again of what God has done and desires to do for all: “The God of this people Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an uplifted arm he brought them out” (v.17). This is a testimony to the power of our God: It demonstrates His strength and limitless divine capabilities. But it also points us to what God desires for all creation. He wants to deliver all from “Egypt” – sin. Have you allowed the “uplifted arm” of God deliver you from the Egypt of sin? Do you have a clear testimony of salvation? God has done all that is necessary; He only expects you now to play your part. Do not say you’ll be saved if God wants you to be saved. He already does and has done all in Christ. Do not sit and say “O food, fall into my mouth!”With your own hands, take the meal and put it into your mouth. Accept Christ today. If you already have, tell someone else about salvation today.

�ACTION: Insist on telling someone about salvation in Christ today if you’re already saved.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:40am On Jul 03, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 3, 2020

✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-03
✝�TOPIC: HE IS THE WAY

✝�TEXT: John 14:1-15(NKJV) 1. "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if [it were] not [so,] I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, [there] you may be also. 4. "And where I go you know, and the way you know." 5. Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" 6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7. " If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." 8. Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." 9. Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10. "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority;] but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11. "Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. 12. " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. "If you ask anything in My name, I will do [it.] 15. " If you love Me, keep My commandments.

✝�STUDY I stood by my suitcase at Heathrow airport looking very confused. I was on my way to resume school, and it was my first time of leaving Nigeria. For the first time, I knew what it meant to be lost. This was until someone spoke up beside me, I did not notice him approach: “Are you just arriving, and is this your first time?” I looked up to see a black face and something in me seemed to calm. “Yes”, I replied, “and I don’t know my way.” He did not just describe my way, but proceeded to take me to where I was going. Thomas was very blunt and real. “Lord, we do not know where You are going and how can we know the way?” (v.5). In this, I see two critical issues that everyone born of a woman must address. First, an acknowledgement that he/she does not know the way to Heaven and the way of life. No one has lived before; we’re all strangers on earth; only Jesus has successfully lived without disobeying God.Second, we must all ask the all-important question: “How can we know the way?Jesus is the Way (v.6); He is the way to the Father. Only by following Him can anyone arrive in Heaven. His principles constitute the best way to live our lives here on earth; we cannot successfully live here without His help and guidance. Ask for His guidance.

✝� PRAYER: Be thou my Guardian and my Guide.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:38am On Jul 04, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 4, 2020

✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-04

✝�TOPIC: GOD RAISED HIM

✝�TEXT: ACTS 13:23-35(NKJV) 23. "From this man's seed, according to [the] promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior -- Jesus -- 24. "after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25. "And as John was finishing his course, he said, 'Who do you think I am? I am not [He.] But behold, there comes One after me, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to loose.' 26. "Men [and] brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you who fear God, to you the word of this salvation has been sent. 27. "For those who dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they did not know Him, nor even the voices of the Prophets which are read every Sabbath, have fulfilled [them] in condemning [Him.] 28. "And though they found no cause for death [in Him,] they asked Pilate that He should be put to death. 29. "Now when they had fulfilled all that was written concerning Him, they took [Him] down from the tree and laid [Him] in a tomb. 30. "But God raised Him from the dead. 31. "He was seen for many days by those who came up with Him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are His witnesses to the people. 32. "And we declare to you glad tidings -- that promise which was made to the fathers. 33. "God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.' 34. "And that He raised Him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He has spoken thus: 'I will give you the sure mercies of David.' 35. "Therefore He also says in another [Psalm:] 'You will not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.'

✝�STUDY “But God raised Him from the dead” (v.30). In this factual statement of Scripture lies the weight and supremacy of Christ and Christianity. Without the resurrection, Christ would not have been any different from other “great leaders.” Great leaders have risen, but they have also fallen; each died, was buried, and have remained in their graves. Christianity is nothing without the resurrection;it could not have been different from any other religion. But that Christ is risen is the main and great story of the Christian faith. In it lies our hope of resurrection also, guaranteeing our hope of spending eternity with Him. This hope must influence the way we live here on earth, knowing that our “real home” is in Heaven. Are you living like a pilgrim, one who is on a journey home? Are you living as if this earth is your final destination? This message of the resurrection must be preached by us. It is, and should be, a basic component of any gospel message. To omit it is to omit the heart of the message of the gospel. You have not truly preached Christ until you include the fact that He was crucified, He died, and was raised.Faith in the risen Christ, therefore, guarantees salvation for lost souls. If you have known this and have experienced salvation, then it is your duty to tell others this good news. It is the responsibility of every saved soul. Are you doing this?

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me in this duty of telling others about the risen Christ.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:34am On Jul 05, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-05 (Trinity 4)

✝�TOPIC: AS CHRIST LOVED

✝�TEXT: EPHESIANS 5:1-10(NKJV)
1. Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. 3. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4. neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7. Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8. For you were once darkness, but now [you are] light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9. (for the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10. finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.

✝�STUDY One of the most used words today, I believe, is “love.” And yet, it seems to be the most misunderstood, if not altogether abused. It is interesting that verse 2 did not just say we should walk in love, but added something. The believer in Christ is not just expected to love the way he wants, or the way the world wants him, but “as Christ also loved us.” This immediately changes the matrix. This means that a Christian’s yardstick for measuring his love is the way Christ loved us. If I do not love as Christ loved, then I cannot be said to love at all. Why did God set the bar so high? Can I love as Christ loved? How did Christ love us? This is even more troubling! He loved us by giving “Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma” (v.2). This is really the crux of the matter, the real issue. Given our fallen nature and struggle with sin, can we truly love as Christ loved? Can I pray for the person who is mistreating me? Can I truly bless someone who is cursing me? The truth of the matter is that on my own, I cannot. But that is why the Holy Spirit is here as our helper. For as many as receive Christ, Heaven releases a power for them to become the sons of God. There is a divine enablement to live and love as God wants us to; but this is only possible as we depend on the Spirit of the Lord. We cannot produce a sweet-smelling aroma for God until we loveothers as Christ loved us; and we cannot love others as Christ loved us until we depend on His Spirit.

✝� PRAYER: O for grace, O Lord, to love as You love.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Jul 06, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-06

✝�TOPIC: HE SERVED GOD IN HIS GENERATION

✝�TEXT: ACTS 13:36-43 (NKJV) 36. "For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; 37. "but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. 38. "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39. "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40. "Beware therefore, lest what has been spoken in the prophets come upon you: 41. "Behold, you despisers, Marvel and perish! For I work a work in your days, A work which you will by no means believe, Though one were to declare it to you.' " 42. So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. 43. Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

✝�STUDY There are some statements that I meet on the pages of Scriptures that become “imprinted” in my heart. Here is one: “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep” (v.36). Two issues here are lessons to learn. (1) David served his generation. It seems God has given each one of us something with which to serve our own generation. No man can serve God in a generation other than his own. You can only serve God in your generation; and you serve God by serving your generation. Are you serving your generation?If you are, what are you serving them? (2) David died after serving his generation. No man is everlasting! David fell asleep (he died). But it is interesting that this was after he had served his generation. What opportunities are you wasting today? Are you wasting opportunities to do good, to preach the gospel, or to be kind to someone? What talents are you misusing today? Do you realise that you will not be around on earth forever? Even the people God wants you to serve will not be around forever. You have opportunity to do good today: To show love to your parents, friends or neighbours. They will not be around forever either. Serve your generation by doing good now that it is called today.

✝�Action: Do some good to someone today.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:07am On Jul 07, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-07

✝�TOPIC: CONTRADICTING THE GOSPEL

✝�TEXT: ACTS 13:44-52 (NKJV) 44. On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. 45. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46. Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. 47. "For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48. Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. 49. And the word of the Lord was being spread throughout all the region. 50. But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51. But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium. 52. And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

✝�STUDY It is noteworthy that the next Sabbath, after Paul spoke, almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God, but some Jews, out of envy, started contradicting the things spoken by Paul. They opposed the things he said and began blaspheming. It’s easy to see how what they were doing was inimical to the gospel; their actions were harming the cause of Christ. This had the potential of turning away would-be disciples, those who probably would have been saved. While this was regrettable, it is a reminder that some could be involved in thissame thing today. The gospel cannot be contradicted only in words, but can be contradicted by the lifestyle of those who profess Christ. Once our actions do not match the principles of the gospel, we are, in truth, contradicting the gospel. It is not uncommon to hear someone complain about a believer by saying “and he says he’s a Christian!” Such statements easily suggest that the person being spoken about is in some way behaving contrary to the spirit of the gospel and this has the capacity of driving away, or at least, discouraging others who otherwise may have chosen to follow the Lord. If you’re already known as a believer, then it is important you ensure your actions match your profession of faith. Lies, cheating, fornication, quarrelsomeness, irritability, etc., are all capable of contradicting the gospel. Choose to have nothing to do with such.

✝� PRAYER: May my life, O Lord, not contradict the gospel.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:56am On Jul 10, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-10

✝�TOPIC: DISCIPLES, NOT PUPPETS

✝�TEXT: ACTS 14:21-28(NKJV) 21. And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, 22. strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting [them] to continue in the faith, and [saying,] "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." 23. So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. 24. And after they had passed through Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia. 25. Now when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down to Attalia. 26. From there they sailed to Antioch, where they had been commended to the grace of God for the work which they had completed. 27. Now when they had come and gathered the church together, they reported all that God had done with them, and that He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. 28. So they stayed there a long time with the disciples.

✝�STUDY The pattern of ministry I see in Acts is noteworthy. A number of lessons can be learned from them by us today. For example, “So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed” (v.23). Note the following: (1) I see that the Apostles did not possess the churches God used them to found. They were not the “owners” of the churches they founded; they did not stamp their identity on them. (2) They appointed elders from among them, from among the locals. They did not “import.” Local people must be raised in every church environment; otherwise the church will be a foreign impostor among them. (3) They commended them to the Lord. This is a good principle in follow-up and discipleship. Do not raise men to depend on you; do not make them feel that without you, they cannot survive. Raise disciples, not puppets. Raise men to know and depend on God. Finally, it is interesting to note that when Paul and Barnabas finished this phase of assignment, they returned to the church that sent them in Antioch to give account of their stewardship so far. Have you become independent of the church? Are you accountable to the brethren, or you are too big now to be held accountable?

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me raise disciples, not puppets.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:04am On Jul 11, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-11

✝�TOPIC: RISE UP AGAINST FALSE TEACHINGS

✝�TEXT: ACTS 15:1-5(NKJV)
1. And certain [men] came down from Judea and taught the brethren, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved." 2. Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question. 3. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4. And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses."

✝�STUDY The Church at Antioch was doing well until certain Judaizers cameand began teaching that Gentile believers must be circumcised in order to be truly saved. By this they were saying that the Law, and not grace, is necessary for salvation! Paul never yielded to them because he had received a direct revelation from Jesus Christ concerning salvation even if the whole church had backed them. Even when he was appointed one of those to go up to Jerusalem, he didn’t go to hear their position on the matter but to correct the shameful failure of the apostles and elders in that city to admit the Gentiles, without any restrictions, into the Christian fellowship. False teachings might sound very good and may be according to our thinking, expectation or way of life. Sometimes they would be to us the perfect message we have been waiting, to authenticate some things for us. But friends, a false teaching remains a false teaching! It consumes like wild fire. Jesus has fulfilled the Law and so long as you live in Him and He in you, you have, through Him, fulfilled the Law. When you mix grace with Law, you produce death. Be careful with false teachers. Expose them and their sources.

✝� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help me to discern all false teachings. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-12

✝�TOPIC: CONFORMED OR TRANSFORMED?

✝�TEXT: ROMANS 12:1-8(NKJV) 1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your reasonable service. 2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what [is] that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 3. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5. so we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, [let us use them:] if prophecy, [let us prophesy] in proportion to our faith; 7. or ministry, [let us use it] in [our] ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8. he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

✝�STUDY Paul in this passage reminds us of the mercies we have received, notably,salvation by grace though faith. He calls us to respond appropriately by presenting our bodies to God as living sacrifices, rejecting any conformity to the world and accepting transformation of our minds. God is interested in the body and what it is used for. Believers are not to offer their bodies for sin, but to dedicate them to the service of God and doing His will. We are to reject any conformity to the world (the spirit or principle of evil that is pervading the world, the love of money, power and immorality) and allow the renewing of our minds by the word of God, prayer and His Spirit so as to become like God in character. Are you conformed to the world or conformed to the image of Christ? Is your mind being transformed daily by the word and Spirit of God? Conforming to the world separates us from God but transformation draws us nearer Him. Note that it is so easy to conform, to go along with the crowd and fall away from God, but you can say no to conformity by offering yourself to God as a living sacrifice today, allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell in you.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, transform me this day by your Spirit. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On Jul 13, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-13

✝�TOPIC: HEART CONDITION, NOT RITES

✝�TEXT: Acts 15:6-21(NKJV) ml6. Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7. And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8. "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as [He did] to us, 9. "and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10. "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11. "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they." 12. Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. 13. And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, "Men [and] brethren, listen to me: 14. "Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15. "And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: 16. 'After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; 17. So that the rest of mankind may seek the LORD, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, Says the LORD who does all these things.' 18. "Known to God from eternity are all His works. 19. "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20. "but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, [from] sexual immorality, [from] things strangled, and [from] blood. 21. "For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

✝�STUDY At the Jerusalem Council, presentations were made by Peter, Barnabas, Paul and James. The report of Paul and Barnabas was well received and the detractors became speechless. This message defeated the view of the Pharisees and the Judaizerswho believed that unless the Gentiles were circumcised, they would not be saved. What the Council saw as important was not whether or not the Gentiles were circumcised (physically) but whether they had been circumcised spiritually. What really matters is that converts are helped to avoid all practices or appearances of the evils which they formerly practised, or likely to be tempted to. One common temptation in our day is to pay attention to the rites and traditions of the church at the expense of the heart condition. Are you so tempted? Do you boast of your knowledge and practice of all church traditions but have not departed from iniquity - repented? Repentance is what matters and not rituals, rites and traditions. Why not come to God today and have your heart and conscience purified from the guilt of sin! He will give you His Spirit and grace to help you abstain from every evil that separates you from God. Unless one has been cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb, observance of rites and traditions do not yield any benefit!

✝� PRAYER: Lord, purify my heart and conscience from guilt and sin. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-14

✝�TOPIC: THAT THEY MAY BE ONE

✝�TEXT: ACTS 15:22-35(NKJV)
22. Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, [namely,] Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren. 23. They wrote this [letter] by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings. 24. Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law" -- to whom we gave no [such] commandment -- 25. it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26. men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29. that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell. 30. So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter. 31. When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement. 32. Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words. 33. And after they had stayed [there] for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles. 34. However, it seemed good to Silas to remain there. 35. Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

✝�STUDY The proposal of James (vs. 19-21) led the Council to proclaim that Gentiles could become Christians without fulfilling the requirement of circumcision. The Council wrote to the Gentile believers not to take heed to these false teachings, as those who taught such had no authority. The Council rebuked those men who sought to sow discord among the believers and charged the Gentile believers to be of one accord. To assure these believers of their unity in Christ, the Holy Spirit led them to send Paul and Barnabas to deliver this letter personally. See what great joy and encouragement this brought to all and how this decision won over the Christians in Antioch! A new sense of Christian unity between Jews and Gentiles emerged! Friend, the Christian life is a life of loving unity with all those who confess faith in Jesus Christ! Jesus prayed for this unity (John 17:20-21). Isn’t it good then that you meet a fellow Christian who attends a different church, one from a different tribe other than yours and share fellowship with them today? There is one God (and Father), one Lord, one Spirit, one baptism, one hope of our calling, one faith, etc. Even if we have nothing else in common at all, we can be best friends because we share Christ.

✝�PRAYER: Lord Jesus, make us one even as you and the Father are one. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Jul 15, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-15

✝�TOPIC: BEYOND DISAGREEMENT

✝�TEXT: Acts 15:36-41(NKJV) 36. Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they are doing." 37. Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark. 38. But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work. 39. Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus; 40. but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God. 41. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

✝�STUDY After the conflict over circumcision, another conflict arose over the choice of John Mark as Paul and Barnabas prepared to visit the churches where they had preached before. John Mark once left them and returned to Jerusalem when they went evangelizing,so he didn’t see the persecution of Paul and others. They disagreed over him sharply and went their separate ways – Paul with Silas and Barnabas with John Mark. While this disagreement lasted, God was concerned about His glory. Two mission teams emerged and God’s desire for the harvest of soulswas still accomplished. Even with the human disagreement, God still had the last word and worked to accomplish His purposes. He worked through less favourable circumstances to accomplish His plan. Even in disagreement,God’s work can still be advanced. If Satan cannot damage the church through false teaching, he will try from the inside. He stirs up discord among brethren within the church to damage it from the inside. We have to be watchful! Like Paul and Barnabas, we too are imperfect. We make mistakes, fail, sin and disagree. But failure and disagreement should not have the last word if you belong to Jesus Christ. Let the Lord have His way in your disagreement. Then He will work to His praise and glory and your own blessings!

✝� PRAYER: Help us, Lord, to acknowledgeYou in times of disagreement.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:39am On Jul 16, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-16

✝�TOPIC: GOD’S LEADING

✝�TEXT: ACTS 16:1-10(NKJV) 1. Then he came to Derbe and Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, [the] son of a certain Jewish woman who believed, but his father [was] Greek. 2. He was well spoken of by the brethren who were at Lystra and Iconium. 3. Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took [him] and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek. 4. And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem. 5. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily. 6. Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia. 7. After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them. 8. So passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas. 9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." 10. Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.

✝�STUDY Paul and Silas went to Derbe and Lystra in continuation of their journey to engage the brothers and strengthen the churches that God had established on their first missionary trip. Paul heard of Timothy’s commitment and invited him to join the missionary team. Timothy had resolved to follow Jesus Christ, no matter what the cost. So now it was the start of a lifelong and life-changing discipleship. Then something happened! God prevented them from preaching in Asia and Bithynia. And in a vision, they were asked to go over to Macedonia. At that point, they realised God had an agenda for them and was calling them to go and preach there. They believed that the sovereign God was leading them and they obeyed. God has, from the foundation of the world, decreed what would take place in your life. He has equally placed the very events that may take you to a different direction there. Remember that His ways and thoughts are not ours (Isa. 55:8-9). Therefore seek God’s mind and submit to His agenda for you. When you submit to God and His plans, He will lead you to accomplishment. Do you trust God enough to follow Him or would you rather that ‘He follows you?’Your agenda must always be flexible so as to follow God’s leading. God’s plans are greater than yours.

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me to understand your will and may I follow You

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:25am On Jul 17, 2020
✝�TOPIC: LYDIA’S CHANGED HEART

✝�TEXT: ACTS 16:11-15(NKJV) 11. Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next [day] came to Neapolis, 12. and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days. 13. And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met [there.] 14. Now a certain woman named Lydia heard [us.] She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. 15. And when she and her household were baptized, she begged [us,] saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay." So she persuaded us.

✝�STUDY After listening to Paul by the riverside, God opened Lydia’s heart to the truth of the gospel and she believed. She and her household were baptised. Lydia was a successful merchant, but she knew there was something much more valuable than money, hence her attending the prayer meeting outside the city. God had prepared her heart and placed her at the right place at the right time, though she may not have realised it. Until God worked to change Lydia’s heart, she was just a religious person, evil and wicked, though she may have done some good things. If God is going to save anyone, He first causes their hearts to be affected by the message of the Gospel, then, their behaviourwould follow. When Lydia’s heart was changed, her behaviour fell in line with her heart’s attitude. Friend, do you realise that the condition of your heart is foundational to your walk with Christ? Perhaps you have just been a religious and God-fearing person as Lydia was before she was saved. You need to have your heart changed by God today, if you must be saved! You need to put your trust in the Lord Jesus to save you from eternal death. It is your responsibility to do so and where you are now is just the right place and time.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, open my heart to heed the gospel today. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 18, 2020

✝�TOPIC: JOY IN THE LORD

✝�TEXT: ACTS 16:16-40(NKJV) 16. Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, "These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation." 18. And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And he came out that very hour. 19. But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged [them] into the marketplace to the authorities. 20. And they brought them to the magistrates, and said, "These men, being Jews, exceedingly trouble our city; 21. "and they teach customs which are not lawful for us, being Romans, to receive or observe." 22. Then the multitude rose up together against them; and the magistrates tore off their clothes and commanded [them] to be beaten with rods. 23. And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw [them] into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely. 24. Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. 25. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed. 27. And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28. But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, "Do yourself no harm, for we are all here." 29. Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30. And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31. So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." 32. Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed [their] stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34. Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household. 35. And when it was day, the magistrates sent the officers, saying, "Let those men go." 36. So the keeper of the prison reported these words to Paul, saying, "The magistrates have sent to let you go. Now therefore depart, and go in peace." 37. But Paul said to them, "They have beaten us openly, uncondemned Romans, [and] have thrown [us] into prison. And now do they put us out secretly? No indeed! Let them come themselves and get us out." 38. And the officers told these words to the magistrates, and they were afraid when they heard that they were Romans. 39. Then they came and pleaded with them and brought [them] out, and asked [them] to depart from the city. 40. So they went out of the prison and entered [the house of] Lydia; and when they had seen the brethren, they encouraged them and departed.

✝�STUDY The slave girl’s masters concealed from the magistrates the real complaint they had against Paul and Silas and lied against them. Paul and Silas were severely beaten, thrown into prison and their legs fastened in the stocks. They were bloody, extremely exhausted, and in much pain. Notice how Paul and Silas reacted: They never complained or grumbled. Instead, they resisted the devil and stood firm in the faith, knowing that when they are wrongly treated, God would be glorified and others would be drawn to Jesus. They sang and praised the Lord, with prayers. God responded and shook the ground with a great and violent earthquake which threw the prison doors open and set them loose from their bonds.
God's sovereign plan for his children often includes pain and suffering. whatever form it takes which should not be surprised. we should instead pray that God would use the situation for his glory and to further his purpose. Entrust your soul to your faithful creator by doing what is right and keep your joy in the LORD uppermost. God does not give Christians an exemption, even when they are doing his will and pursuing His kingdom and righteousness. Work on having joy in the lord in all situation. Everythings else flows from that

PRAYER:
Father give me a cheerful and joyous spirit when being maltreated. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2020
✝�TOPIC: WALKING IN THE LIGHT OF LOVE

✝�TEXT: 1John 2:8-17(NKJV)
8. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. 9. He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 12. I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake. 13. I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him [who is] from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father. 14. I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him [who is] from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one. 15. Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16. For all that [is] in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world. 17. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

✝�STUDY The apostle declares clearly that whoever walks in disobedience to God walks in darkness. We can know that we know God and walk in the light that Christ provides when we seek to obey His commands. In this passage,we’regiven a new command – to love our brothers and sisters as an indication that we are walking in the light and willing to obey God's commands. Doing so is a proof of our new birth and relationship with God. John also reminds us of God's love manifested through His forgiveness of our sins. God extended His forgiveness to us while we were living in darkness. John also warns us against loving the world. The love of the world separates us from the love of God. Walking in the light is essential to remaining in fellowship with Christ. But we must love one another if we are walking in the light. Are there persons in your life that you hate, dislike or have not forgiven? Take a step to such people today and reconcile genuinely. Until you do so, you are walking in darkness. The light Jesus provides is for us to love one another. God has the power to perfect His love in us as we seek to obey His commands and walk in the light of Christ.

✝� PRAYER: Father, give me grace to live a life of love, Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 20, 2020 -

✝�TOPIC: WANTED: ‘TROUBLE MAKERS!’

✝�TEXT: ACTS 17:1-9(NKJV) 1. Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2. Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3. explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and [saying,] "This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ." 4. And some of them were persuaded; and a great multitude of the devout Greeks, and not a few of the leading women, joined Paul and Silas. 5. But the Jews who were not persuaded, becoming envious, took some of the evil men from the marketplace, and gathering a mob, set all the city in an uproar and attacked the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 6. But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, "These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. 7. "Jason has harbored them, and these are all acting contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying there is another king -- Jesus." 8. And they troubled the crowd and the rulers of the city when they heard these things. 9. So when they had taken security from Jason and the rest, they let them go.

✝�STUDY Paul and Silas left the City of Philippi to Thessalonica. On getting there, Paul found the Synagogue and began to teach there on the necessity for the Messiah to suffer and be resurrected. This was particularly important for the Jews to understand in order to believe the gospel. He carefully laid out a foundation of biblical truth upon which the message of the gospel could be built. He wanted them to know that what they were called to believe is not made up fables or myths. While a few were persuaded, others refused and chose to accuse Paul and Silas of turning the world upside down. They sought to arrest them for being trouble makers. Truly, wherever the gospel is preached, the world of sinners is turned upside down. The gospel troubles dishonest people, workers of iniquity, idolaters, fraudsters, etc. as it seeks to bring a change in their lives. The church needs such “trouble makers”, world changers who will turn lives, families, communities, etc., upside down using the gospel. We need changers so that where there is darkness, there will be light; where there is hatred, love; where there is bondage, liberation; and where there is death, life. Will you be a world changer today?

✝� PRAYER: Lord, make me a world changer today. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:14am On Jul 21, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 21, 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE BEREAN COMMITMENT

✝�TEXT: ACTS 17:10-15(NKJV)
10. Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily [to find out] whether these things were so. 12. Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men. 13. But when the Jews from Thessalonica learned that the word of God was preached by Paul at Berea, they came there also and stirred up the crowds. 14. Then immediately the brethren sent Paul away, to go to the sea; but both Silas and Timothy remained there. 15. So those who conducted Paul brought him to Athens; and receiving a command for Silas and Timothy to come to him with all speed, they departed.

✝�STUDY The word of God today takes us into one of the ministry encounters of the apostle Paul and Silas – at Berea. This encounter takes the reader into the realm of the workings of God’s word. Here, Paul and Silas have just preached the word of God which was eagerly received by many. However,this Berean audience has a lot to teach those of us who hear God’s word today. Not only did they hear and receive the word, but they went on to search the Scriptures by themselves to be sure of the message they were receiving. Unlike many so-called Christians today, these Berean converts were not lazy. They valued the message they received and went on to dig deeper. This obviously reflected on their personal and collective growth. Unfortunately, our Christianity today suffers a lot from spiritual laziness. Many of us who profess the faith have no working relationship with the word of God. We tend to forget that faith can only come by hearing, listening to, meditating on, and obeying the word of Christ (Rom. 10:17). Our commitment to the word of God is what develops in us a firm conviction. A Christian who is not committed to the word of God cannot stand when the winds of opposition begin to blow. Our commitment to the word of God is what guarantees our personal growth spiritually (1Pet. 2:2). The word of God has power to break the yoke of sin over our lives (Ps. 119:11;John 17:17); and it enlightens the mind and gives direction for life (Ps. 119:97-105). When we know the word of God, we will know God.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, Please enlarge my appetite for Your word.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:22am On Jul 22, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-07-22 (St. Mary Magdalene)

✝�TOPIC: HE MEANT ALL TO HER

✝�TEXT: JOHN 20:11-18(NKJV) 11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb. 12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13. Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him." 14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus. 15. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away." 16. Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher). 17. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.' " 18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.

✝�STUDY Our passage today gives us a glimpse into the drama that played out on the resurrection morning. Mary had earlier gone to the tomb. Having found the tomb open, she went back and informed the other disciples of Jesus who also ran quickly to see for themselves. Having carefully looked things over, the other disciples left still perplexed, but Mary stayed back. Why did Mary Magdalene stay back instead of going back home with the others? There is a lot we can learn today from Mary, as we seek to draw closer to the Lord. Mary determined not to leave until she saw her Lord. Many times we seek the Lord but only superficially, half-heartedly. The other disciples came and surveyed the scene but Jesus did not reveal Himself to them. Mary sought with tears until she found Jesus. The Lord is always available to those who seek him wholeheartedly (Deut. 4:29).Circumstances of life may bring tears to our eyes, but when we seek the Lord earnestly, He is able and willing to wipe away our tears and restore our joy. The secret of Mary’s restoration of joy was her close relationship with the Lord. Many of us wish to experience the intervening power of the Lord in our lives but without nurturing an intimate relationship with Him. The extent to which the power of the Lord can work in our lives is determined by how much of Him we want as Lord. Mary had Him alone as Lord, do you?

✝� PRAYER: Lord Jesus,may I seek You above all else.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2020
Date: 2020-07-23

✝�TOPIC: MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY

✝�TEXT: ACTS 17:16-34(NKJV)

16. Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him when he saw that the city was given over to idols.
17. Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the [Gentile] worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.
18. Then certain Epicurean and Stoic philosophers encountered him. And some said, "What does this babbler want to say?" Others said, "He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign gods," because he preached to them Jesus and the resurrection.
19. And they took him and brought him to the Areopagus, saying, "May we know what this new doctrine [is] of which you speak?
20. "For you are bringing some strange things to our ears. Therefore we want to know what these things mean."
21. For all the Athenians and the foreigners who were there spent their time in nothing else but either to tell or to hear some new thing.
22. Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;
23. "for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:
24. "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25. "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
26. "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
27. "so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
28. "for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'
29. "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.
30. "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
31. "because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."
32. And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, "We will hear you again on this [matter."]
33. So Paul departed from among them.
34. However, some men joined him and believed, among them Dionysius the Areopagite, a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

✝�STUDY

Every day in life, we each are given opportunities to accomplish things. The way we handle each opportunity is largely determined by the priorities we set. For Apostle Paul, his priority was to make Jesus Christ known and to bring the blessings of Christ to sinners. On this occasion in Athens, Paul was waiting for the arrival of Silas and Timothy together with whom they intended to proceed to Corinth on their missionary journey. While waiting, opportunity presented itself, or better said, God presented him with the opportunity to proclaim the gospel of Christ. Paul was not one to miss a golden opportunity. He discerned that the city of Athens was highly idolatrous, and that was enough to distress him greatly (v.16).

Today, God is looking for such sensitive and concerned Christians. All around us daily (in our homes, offices, market place, public transport, in the church, etc.),we see immorality, wickedness, robbery, witchcraft, theft, dishonesty, corruption, idolatry, drug abuseand prostitution, gaining ground. As a child of God, if you are not distressed by this situation, then something is fundamentally wrong with you spiritually! Will you take steps to bring the light of Christ- the gospel of righteousness - into life’s situations today, or will you stand aloof as if it’s none of your business?Justas he counted on Paul, God is also counting on you and me today!

✝�PRAYER:Lord, open my eyes to see the darkness around me. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 26, 2020

✝�TOPIC: LIVE BY THE SPIRIT

✝�TEXT: Galatians 5:16-26(NKJV)
16. I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20. idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21. envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told [you] in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23. gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24. And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

✝�STUDY

Our passage today sets before us two kinds of lives and their outcomes. The first is the life that is lived under the control of sin. Such a life brings forth nothing good. Such a life is characterised by all sorts of evil practices. It does no good to anyone. It harms both the person who lives it and the people he comes in contact with. But of course, sin is a tool of destruction in Satan’s hands; and the only mission of Satan is to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10). Does this describe your life?
The second kind of life in our passage is the life lived under the control of the Spirit of God. Any life lived under the total control of the Spirit is always about good, truth and righteousness. The characteristics of such a life are also listed and one cannot miss them. When Jesus Christ comes into one’s life, the Spirit of God also begins to live and direct that life. That person attracts the blessings of God both to himself/herself as well as to the people he/she comes in contact with. Most importantly, the final destination of the sin-controlled life is eternal damnation, but the Spirit-controlled life ultimately inherits the Kingdom of God. Where do you belong?

✝� PRAYER: Jesus, I invite you to be the Lord of my life. Let the Holy Spirit control all I do and say and think. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2020
Date: 2020-07-27
(CMS Anniversary)

✝�TOPIC: MESSENGERS OF THE GOSPEL

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 28:16-20(NKJV)
16. Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them.
17. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20. "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end of the age." Amen.

✝�STUDY

The instructions in our passage today are among the last words of Christ before His ascension into heaven. We all know that the final words of a person at the point of departure are often very weighty, and it’s very important for the hearers to take them seriously. For Jesus, all He had taught, spoken and demonstrated to His disciples while He was with them is to culminate in this movement known to us today as the Great Commission- to make disciples of all nations. To further reiterate how crucial this matter is, St. Luke, writing to Theophilus, also noted the last words of Jesus instructing His disciples thus: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:cool.
This was the voice the disciples heard, which set them ablaze and caused the spread of the gospel like wildfire in the Roman world of their time. This was also the same voice the Church Missionary Society (CMS) heard in the 19th century, which inspired them to sacrifice their comforts and security and venture into the then unknown worlds to bring the same gospel to us. This is the same voice speaking to us today, motivating us to seek to reach out to people far and near. It took the sacrifices of others to bring the gospel to you – the gospel that has saved, delivered and blessed you. What can you do to extend this same gospel to someone else today?

✝� PRAYER: Lord, Make me a messenger of the gospel to others.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:43am On Jul 28, 2020
Date: 2020-07-28

✝�TOPIC: HE CAN PROTECT YOU

✝�TEXT: ACTS 18:12-23(NKJV)
12. When Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews with one accord rose up against Paul and brought him to the judgment seat,
13. saying, "This [fellow] persuades men to worship God contrary to the law."
14. And when Paul was about to open [his] mouth, Gallio said to the Jews, "If it were a matter of wrongdoing or wicked crimes, O Jews, there would be reason why I should bear with you.
15. "But if it is a question of words and names and your own law, look [to it] yourselves; for I do not want to be a judge of such [matters."]
16. And he drove them from the judgment seat.
17. Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the ruler of the synagogue, and beat [him] before the judgment seat. But Gallio took no notice of these things.
18. So Paul still remained a good while. Then he took leave of the brethren and sailed for Syria, and Priscilla and Aquila [were] with him. He had [his] hair cut off at Cenchrea, for he had taken a vow.
19. And he came to Ephesus, and left them there; but he himself entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.
20. When they asked [him] to stay a longer time with them, he did not consent,
21. but took leave of them, saying, "I must by all means keep this coming feast in Jerusalem; but I will return again to you, God willing." And he sailed from Ephesus.
22. And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up and greeted the church, he went down to Antioch.
23. After he had spent some time [there,] he departed and went over the region of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.

✝�STUDY

Paul, in the course of his missionary activities, continued to face a barrage of enemy attacks. There were times when he had to stand to his own defense. But this was not such a time. In our passage today, Paul was fully ready, as usual, to defend himself and his faith. The Jewish persecutors had forcefully brought him before the Proconsul, hoping they would finally put an end to Paul and his message. Unfortunately for the persecutors, God was in charge as usual, and God overruled the intentions of the enemies.
When you are completely set on pleasing the Lord, not even Satan and all his forces can stop you. In this passage, the Lord used Gallio the Proconsul (a man who under normal circumstances, was not friendly towards the mission of Christ), to scatter the schemes of the Jewish antagonists. In the same way, God is able to raise help for you even from the camp of the enemy itself. He is God and there is absolutely nothing impossible for Him. The hearts of all men are in His hands. He controls every situation in the lives of His children. Make up your mind to live, pleasing Him daily; He is fully able to defend and protect His own!

✝� PRAYER: Lord, I am so glad you are in charge of every situation that concerns me. Help me to please you with my life and to trust you through the day. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Date: 2020-07-29

✝�TOPIC: WHAT ARE YOU USING YOUR SKILLS AND GIFTS FOR?

✝�TEXT: ACTS 18:24-28(NKJV)

24. Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man [and] mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25. This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John.
26. So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.
27. And when he desired to cross to Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him; and when he arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace;
28. for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ.

✝�STUDY

Today we are looking at the person of Apollos as portrayed to us in this passage. Apollos possesses the character of a man who would go far in God’s scheme of things. Obviously, he was a man set apart to accomplish a lot for the Lord through his life and ministry. There are a number of things to learn:First, Apollos was a man knowledgeable in Scriptures. If we wish to go far, we must not only define our relationship with God but also our relationship with God’s word. Remember, the written word of God is the number one way that God speaks to us. Therefore, we need to give it priority attention daily.
Secondly, despite his vast knowledge of God’s word, Apollos was still humble and willing to learn some more. He was teachable. He still humbled himself to learn under the ministry of Pricilla and Aquila (themselves partners with Paul). The common temptation for many of us is to arrive at a point where we feel too big to still learn; to feel we know it all and no one speaks into our lives any more. This arrogant attitude has caused the downfall of many from grace. No matter how high you get on the ladder, you must always be willing to stoop down to learn some more. Thirdly, Apollos put his knowledge and zeal to full use in the defence of the gospel. His skills and gifts were not for self-aggrandisement. What are you using your skills and gifts for? Are you using them for the Lord’s glory or for your own glory?

✝� PRAYER: Lord help me to employ the resources of my life in advancing the gospel.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:16am On Jul 30, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 30, 2020 -

✝�TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT

✝�TEXT: ACTS 19:1-10(NKJV)
1. And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples
2. he said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" So they said to him, "We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."
3. And he said to them, "Into what then were you baptized?" So they said, "Into John's baptism."
4. Then Paul said, "John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus."
5. When they heard [this,] they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.
7. Now the men were about twelve in all.
8. And he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God.
9. But when some were hardened and did not believe, but spoke evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them and withdrew the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus.
10. And this continued for two years, so that all who dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

✝�STUDY

The subject of the Holy Spirit has often been a matter of debates over the centuries. However, what is of great importance in our passage today is Paul’s conviction that a Christian cannot do without the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Himself emphasised the importance of this when He instructed His disciples not to venture anywhere and not try anything until they had been empowered with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-5,cool. Why did both Jesus and Paul emphasise the necessity of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit alone has the mandate to cultivate the hearts of men for repentance. As messengers of the gospel, we all have the responsibility to make the message of God heard, but we do not have the power to convert a soul. Only the Holy Spirit has the power to accomplish that.

The Holy Spirit gives us the boldness and wisdom to proclaim the word of God and to live our lives effectively. Without the Holy Spirit, our human efforts can never achieve the impact required. The reason many of us are not fruitful and effective even as Christians is partly because we ignore the role and place of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives. Seek Him daily.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 31, 2020 -

✝�TOPIC: BEWARE OF THE PEDDLERS OF THE GOSPEL

✝�TEXT: Acts 19:11-20(NKJV)
11. Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul,
12. so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.
13. Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches."
14. Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.
15. And the evil spirit answered and said, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?"
16. Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
17. This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
18. And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds.
19. Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned [them] in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and [it] totaled fifty thousand [pieces] of silver.
20. So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.

✝�STUDY

The ministries of the early apostles were saturated with miracles, signs and wonders. This gave great expedience to the spread of the gospel, and Jesus’ Name was honoured far and wide. At this point, the ministry of Paul had become so powerful that even handkerchiefs that came in contact with him could be used to effect miraculous impact. Today, such supernatural endowment would have been used by many so-called men of God to achieve great feats for themselves - but not Paul. Many of the “ministries of miracles” today are more of exploitation centres where “men of God” set up shops to sell all sorts of “anointed” articles (handkerchiefs, anointing oil, t-shirts, books, customised Bibles, etc.), at exorbitant rates to the gullible public. No doubt, God is still in the business of doing miracles today, but only through the ministries of men and women whose sole motive is to honour Christ alone.
Many of the self-acclaimed miracle workers of our time are more like the “seven sons of Sceva” whose desire to perform miracles is only to enrich themselves and promote their own image at the expense of Christ’s honour. They make what Scripture calls “merchandise of God’s word” (2Peter 2:1-3; John 2:16). Their belly is their god (Phil. 3:18-19). For such deceitful individuals, just as the punishment of the sons of Sceva was severe, so theirs will also be at God’s appointed Day of Judgment. Child of God, be very careful so that you are not deceived.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, may I never use the gospel to promote personal honour.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:00am On Aug 01, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF AUGUST 1, 2020

✝�TOPIC: PREACH THE WORD!

✝�TEXT: ACTS 19:21-31(NKJV)

21. When these things were accomplished, Paul purposed in the Spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, "After I have been there, I must also see Rome."
22. So he sent into Macedonia two of those who ministered to him, Timothy and Erastus, but he himself stayed in Asia for a time.
23. And about that time there arose a great commotion about the Way.
24. For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, who made silver shrines of Diana, brought no small profit to the craftsmen.
25. He called them together with the workers of similar occupation, and said: "Men, you know that we have our prosperity by this trade.
26. "Moreover you see and hear that not only at Ephesus, but throughout almost all Asia, this Paul has persuaded and turned away many people, saying that they are not gods which are made with hands.
27. "So not only is this trade of ours in danger of falling into disrepute, but also the temple of the great goddess Diana may be despised and her magnificence destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worship."
28. Now when they heard [this,] they were full of wrath and cried out, saying, "Great [is] Diana of the Ephesians!"
29. So the whole city was filled with confusion, and rushed into the theater with one accord, having seized Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians, Paul's travel companions.
30. And when Paul wanted to go in to the people, the disciples would not allow him.
31. Then some of the officials of Asia, who were his friends, sent to him pleading that he would not venture into the theater.

✝�STUDY

In our text today, there was pandemonium in Ephesus about the Way. The Way here referred to the teaching of Jesus Christ which affected the worship Diana. When Paul preached in Ephesus, Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen did not quarrel with his doctrines. Their anger was because his preaching threatened their profits. The craftsmen knew that if people started believing in God and discarding the idols, their livelihood would suffer (v.27), hence, they stirred the people against Paul.

Christians are expected to preach the message of Christ against every evil, without fear of molestation. Christians should speak against corruption, greed, and every form of ungodliness ravaging our society and the church today. You as a Christian, should endeavour to preach the word by your word and lifestyle in all that you do today.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, give me courage to preach your word without fear of molestation in Jesus’ name! Amen.

*WELCOME TO AUGUST!*
Happy New Month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Life Is More Meaningless With God / Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video) / Money Keeps Disappearing Mysteriously.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.