Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,200 members, 7,842,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) (2235 Views)

Andreev, Russian Ambassador To Poland Splattered With Red Paint By Protesters / Trump Holds A Bible, Visits Church In White House Vandalized By Protesters / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Photographs have emerged of the charred remains of the security checkpoint at the US embassy in Baghdad after a pro-Iran mob laid siege on the complex.

The furious demonstrators broke into and set alight the embassy's secure entrance on Tuesday after a funeral procession for 25 Kataeb Hezbollah militants killed in US air strikes in Iraq descended into rioting.

They rushed rushed through the heavily fortified Green Zone, with one furious militant telling a broadcaster: 'God willing if this fire reaches inside the embassy, we will not spare a single employee.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7842673/Inside-scorched-embassy-Baghdad.html

1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
Members of Iraqi Shiite 'Popular Mobilization Forces' armed group and their supporters attack the entrance of the US Embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Cooking pots set up outside the embassy where 50 tents and a number of portable toilets have been shipped in for the long haul.

Protesters and militia fighters carry the logo of the US embassy in Baghdad during the massive protest that unfolded Tuesday.

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
U.S. Army soldiers from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, Task Force-Iraq, man a defensive position at Forward Operating Base Union III in Baghdad, Iraq, on Tuesday.

American soldiers inside the embassy have fired tear gas, stun grenades and warning shots at hundreds of fighters who broke down the compound gate and set fires within the complex in the Iraqi capital.

Demonstrators, including some wearing military fatigues, hurl rocks over the compound walls on Tuesday after they set fire to the barricade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
Vanity
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Johntitus: 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
Some countries and their affinity for violence eh. I don't know what is wrong with the middle east.

2 Likes

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by adolfHitler1934: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Why is it that the middle Easterners like violence more than food.
Sometimes I begin to wonder if it is only religion abi another thing follow.

The planet earth would be a very peaceful place if these people, including the Israelis are relocated to another planet.

Meanwhile....
WW2 will soon begin. This war will change the balance of power. America,China,Russia,Britain and France will emerge as world powers.
The UN is about to be born.
Hitler have just invaded Austria. The Nazis have occupied Vienna.

Brace up for impact!
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
Trump warns.

US embassy security personnel are seen through a glass window as protesters and militia fighters wreak havoc outside.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
What ever America started, It must finish

This country was averagely doing fine before it was invaded on unscrupulous grounds that still can be verified till date. Its all speculations.

In as much as I detest and condemn the attack on the embassy, I wont shy away from the fact that America out-rightly bought whats has come for them all for selfish interest.

Blaming Iran is funny

With a Putin alive, Nothing will happen to Iran. Just playing the music the media wants to hear.

US need to start thinking of withdrawing troop and leave this people to decimate themselves. They dividing more and making more enemies

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by softwerk(f): 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
angry

I stand with Donald Trump on this madness taken too far!

Give them hell, bunch on uncircumcised idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by HallaDaTruth: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
As at today I saw the number of soldiers been deployed there. Its about to go down
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
adolfHitler1934:

The planet earth would be a very peaceful place if these people, including the Israelis are relocated to another planet.

Meanwhile....
WW2 will soon begin. This war will change the balance of power. America,China,Russia,Britain and France will emerge as world powers.

Brace up for impact!
did u ask what caused the protest??

1 Like

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nmezor(f): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hmmmmm, war looms
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
As far as I am concerned, they did not burn the embassy.

They only attempted to burn it.

At least I watched the whole thing. DW, Aljazeera, BBC... CNN. Name it. All the angles.

Meanwhile, I am tired of this proxy ding-dong affair between the US and Iran. I want to see actual action. I said this during the North Korean face-off and I am saying it again. I am fed up with all the bedlam.

The only poor guy in this particular scenario is Baghdad. Neither here nor there. The Americans are a convenient ally facing off against the regional Shia hegemon. They have to join one of the feuding camps when push comes to shove because I strongly doubt that 'neutrality' will apply in this scenario should it escalate any further.

You get the feeling that this won't make FP until about a week later... smiley

1 Like

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by onward4life(m): 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
Islam is d way out!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nmezor:
Hmmmmm, war looms

You are wrong.

You should have said more chest beating looms. Imagine two hairy gorillas- one big one and a smaller one, each beating its chest at the other hoping to cow its opponent.

That is the story of the US and Iran. I am already bored... sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by basilico: 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
The protestors went within 200m of the main embassy building. An embassy is sovereign territory ,ask Julian Assange why he stuck in Ecuadorian embassy for donkeys ears until the Ecuadorian authorities finally allowed the British police in.
As far as I can tell the Mullahs are facing simmering revolt so a war with Americans will galvanise their support in the name of a sovereign country under attack.
They attacked and killed an American in Iraq and now protesting when Americans retaliated killed 25 of their militia.
Never forget Obama sent the Mullahs 1.7b USD in cold hard cash that they are now using to forment trouble all over the Middle East.
And that brigade shelling and killing an American contractor before the retaliation was fighting alongside Americans versus ISIS.
Then it was a battle between Shia and. sunni . The fanatical Sunni lost so now the Shia can fight and try and kill the infidels.
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Dpharisee: 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
Americans should go home, they have stolen more than enough oil from Iraq under the cover of fighting terrorism

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by michlins(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
What ever America started, It must finish

This country was averagely doing fine before it was invaded on unscrupulous grounds that still can be verified till date. Its all speculations.

In as much as I detest and condemn the attack on the embassy, I wont shy away from the fact that America out-rightly bought whats has come for them all for selfish interest.

Blaming Iran is funny

With a Putin alive, Nothing will happen to Iran. Just playing the music the media wants to hear.

US need to start thinking of withdrawing troop and leave this people to decimate themselves. They dividing more and making more enemies

tell you something, it's safer to keep the terrorists busy than allow them some breathing space to be able to organize and do a repeat of 9/11. That's why America will keep troops there 24/7. That's the little politics involved. I don't want to talk about the financial part which also is a very important part of the whole thing
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Nmezor(f): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You are wrong.

You should have said more chest beating looms. Imagine two hairy gorillas- one big one and a smaller one, each beating it's chest at the other hoping to cow his opponent.

That is the story of the US and Iran. I am already bored... sad
Hmmm, I hear you
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Omotaday(m): 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by erifeoluwasimi(f): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
God have mercy....war no dey tire this people
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by henryobinna(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
adolfHitler1934:

Meanwhile....

Brace up for impact!
including the Israelis in your write up shows you're a hypocrite.

How many times have you heard of violence from Israel?

You and you ilks just know how to lump people together to hide your bias
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by leofab(f): 11:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
Chest beating

2 Likes

Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by henryobinna(m): 3:56am On Jan 02, 2020
Omotaday:
Well, you bombed 28 or more shia soldiers on their land, a sovereign country. This same group is part of the allied forces fighting ISIS.

Israel still carried out an air strike in Syria last August. Violence and Israel is synonymous in the middle east. You are uninformed.
I expect you to say am uninformed.

If you can't show me how Israel and violence are synonymous, just don't bother replying
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by wayisshut: 7:33am On Jan 02, 2020
No fighting. Peace in its truest sense is not tenable anywhere especially in the middle east.

Come to think of it erase the middle easterners from the earth surface what will you achieve?

Your guess is as good as mine
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by luminouz(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Delve deep into this issue and you will find religion as the root cause of the bedlam. undecided
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Eife(m): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2020
Explorers:
Trump warns.

US embassy security personnel are seen through a glass window as protesters and militia fighters wreak havoc outside.

What is Mr Trump saying, oga Take your people back to your country joor.
Always feeling on top of the world. I know when the protest started the US workers in the embassy would have burnt all the classified documents there.
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by Riele(f): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
did u ask what caused the protest??

What caused it ?
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Riele:

What caused it ?
US bombed shia militia that helped defeat Isis without the authorization iraq(a sovereign nation)
Re: Inside U.S. Embassy Burnt By Protesters In Iraq (Pics) by klever18(m): 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
wtf ? I don't know what to say

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Forces Are Like Boys Scouts, See How Ukraine Forces Are Handling Them / Iranians Burn Down Saudi Embassy In Tehran Over Execution Of Saudi Shiite Cleric / Saudi Arabia Rebukes US For Asinine Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.