Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good (373 Views)

In 2013, NEF Clamoured For Power Shift To North But Today Says Zoning Is ‘Dead’ / Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki & Oshiomole Attends Event Together In Edo (pic / Desmond Elliot: Edo Can Be Lagos & Godfatherism Is Not A Bad Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by nwekeugochukwu: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2020
On Sunday, Governor Godwin Obaseki said that serving his people is a priority to him. He said he hates godfatherism because it prevents the people from receiving the dividends of democracy, as the elected leader will always work to please the godfather.

According to IgbereTV reports, he stated that Comrade Adams Oshiomhole deceived him into thinking that he (Oshiomhole) was also against godfatherism.

Obaseki made this known while hosting ward leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Oredo Local Council of the state.

He urged his visitors to keep supporting him as he continues to fight godfatherism. He said: “Comrade Oshiomhole came to me, asking that we join forces to fight and bring an end to the practice of godfatherism in the state. The partnership helped us in changing the narrative of development in the state. This led me into politics. I am into politics to better the lives of Edo people."

"We believed Oshiomhole and followed him to fight godfatherism. He said godfatherism is not good, but today he is saying godfatherism is good. He said let the people lead, but today he wants to lead the people against their interest.”

"Any politics that doesn’t benefit the majority of the people is bad politics. The resources we have in the state are to be used for the benefits of the people of Edo State, not a few politicians.”He urged the party faithful and supporters to be calm, as “no man is God”, adding: “When they say I am a mosquito, I was never worried; I told them that mosquitoes can bite. The bite can cause malaria, and if not well treated, it can kill someone. Those bitten are already on life support but we pray they don’t die.”Obaseki wondered “what antics and strategy would be deployed to make the minority decision supersedes that of the majority in a democratic system.”

“The last time an incumbent ran for the governorship (seat) on our party in the state, it was via consensus. It will happen again; we will all agree on consensus. Whether direct or indirect primary, you, the people, will vote. Our plan is on the election, not the primaries,” he asserted.

"Our people have no business being poor but our leadership has brought us here. I am in politics to improve the life of Edo people. We have done more in three years with less resources. Imagine what will happen in eight years."

“I am not trained to abuse elders or my seniors. But we will not allow anything that will negatively affect Edo people. I will fight with everything to make life better for my people. God has continued to fight for us. All the strategies and antics against this government have failed. We will build this party, and you will be the envy of others who are not in our party. But, we are sure they will join us soon.”

While speaking, the State APC chairman, Anslem Ojezua, pleaded with the ward leaders to support Obaseki, stating that Obaseki has supported the party greatly.

He said, “I urge you to support your son and never allow anyone to treat him anyhow. Possess your possession!”

http://igberetvnews.com/1221289/oshiomole-said-godfatherism-good-today-saying-good/

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by donbachi(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2020
He said it with the left side of his mouth.
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by ghettokid1(m): 9:28am On Jan 02, 2020
that is our politicians for you
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by rottennaija(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2020
And he keep talking about Adams Oshiomole, even in his dreams while Oshiomole is keeping quiet...

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by PapaBaby: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2020
rottennaija:
And he keep talking about Adams Oshiomole, even in his dreams while Oshiomole is keeping quiet...

Have you been offline? Oshiomhole have been running his mouth more than Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by donpapa(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2020
grin
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by Judeerons32: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2020
The shamelessness of Obaseki is really astonishing. There in that speech he said the minority cannot lord it over the majority in a democracy. Yet he gathered 9 members to inaugurate a house of 24. And today 10 members haven elected speaker a running a house shutting 14 out. Hypocrite.
2020 is here. The party members he has called touts,thieves,greedy will b the ones to vote in the party primaries. There is nothing like option of first refusal in a democracy. Let him go for primaries.and it wil be direct primaries in Edo

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by realstars: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2020
G
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomole Said Godfatherism Is Not Good, But Today He Says It's Good by EBMedia: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nawa

(1) (Reply)

Details Scanty As ‘operation Amotekun’ Starts In S/west / Progressives, Northern Governors’ Forums Pay Condolence Visit To Kogi Governor’s / Ile Arugbo: Saraki Makes A U-turn, Seeks Out Of Court Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.