Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (34288 Views)

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by LiftedMan: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Madlov3: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

Lool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by salford1: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by francisbarrack(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nigeria isn't a country.... set of unserious n disgraceful people

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by LiftedMan: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.

Oga, we have many unemployed Nigerians seeking for jobs here but the foreigners get the jobs at the Embassy.

176 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Beautyaddy: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by kunzzy4me(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.

U right bro...some foreign embassies too employed Nigerian...its vise versa

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Might be an outsourced call center

28 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by nlPoster: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
Are people implying there are data breaches in Nigerian passport processing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by sweetonugbu: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Following
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by buygala(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?

291 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Houseofglam7(f): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by bukkysam(f): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
what happened sef?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by EXLOVER(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sorry... I thought this topic was all about Christ Embassy.

I'm out of here.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by superlanny(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
This our country ehn, we have thousands of graduates of international relations and political science, with their knowledge and expertise, working in banks, driving Uber, teaching in schools, and other different skills not related to his or her trained field, yet we say we want to grow as a country.
Any country that has sense, will use all of its national as staffs at embassies, even with your people, you can be infiltrated, not to talk of foreigners.
Mods, pushing topics back to back when am logged in, they are looking for trouble o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by pansophist(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Maybe the Qatari guy is needed to bridge the language gap. The embassy does not necessarily have to employ national of their representing countries, as the scope and extent of their work extend beyond security, bilateral, consultatory operations. Also, I have friends that have done an internship at the embassies that is different from their own nationality. It is not uncommon.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by RomeoEmpire(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
If you ask me....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by 1mrprolific7(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Welcome to Year 2020.

If you wake up to log in to NL to learn about the bad news about the country or for tribal masochism, and spend the next 1 hour on facebook or twitter looking at the latest news or trends, then spend another 1 hour on whatsapp looking at peoples' status and personal lifestyle, then spend the evenings to go watch how Chelsea should win or how Barcelona should fail...then keep logging off and on NL to see how many likes or mentions you have had...

then I put it to you that if you continue this trend for the next 2-3 years, especially if you are a youth that has a bright future ahead, the likelihood that you'll end up as a failure in life is high.

If you put all the minutes you spend on unproductive things online, it's enough to find a bearing for your life and loved ones even in the midst of the hardship all around.

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Yankee101: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Why does the American Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by einsteine(m): 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Doesn't the US Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

If it's a non diplomatic position, a local citizen would most likely be employed. It's the norm everywhere

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by RapistOnBail: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020

I Don't Know

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Draught: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
So are you expecting them to hire a Nigerian cleaner? A nigerian driver? A Nigerian security guard? A Nigerian receptionist?

The menial jobs are mostly occupied by the nationals of where the embassy is situated.

There are some exceptions like the consulate in Douala Cameroon, most if not all the workers there are Nigerians, from the cleaner to the driver to the consulate general but these menial workers are not posted from Abj HQ rather employed from the locale.

But the main office work is exclusive to the Nigerian civil servant or foreign service officers.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by OlujobaSamuel: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, most countries employ locals in their various embassy, why go through stress of recruiting and training an employee at higher cost when there is a readily available potential employee.
Citizens are given sensitive position, while locals are used to fill operations/adminstrative post

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by oz4real83(m): 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
It is the same reason our leaders prefer foreign healthcare to local hospitals, holidays abroad to holidays within. We don't have confidence in the abilities of our fellow Nigerians due to inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by geedot: 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Not surprised at all, Everything is wrong with this country.
Too early in the year to start talking about this country various issues. Before you know it, December will be here again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by IMASTEX: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Okay
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by wwwihy: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stupid question
Are foreign embassies and missions in Nigeria, not employing Nigerians in their embassies and missions?

How will you carry stupidity of 2019 to 2020?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Chukwurah003: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
It was PDP’s fault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by kelvyn7: 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

I quite agree with your opinion
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Coldie(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Foreigners won't let EFCC know about any scam going on at the organization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / "My Sister From Abroad Survives Fatal Accident On Way To Benin" (Graphic Pics) / Police Officers Involved In Accident In Ebonyi, Rescued By Civilians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.