Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve (77171 Views)

Jailbreak: Ex-guinea Junta Leader Recaptured / How DNA Identified Australian Man As Escaped US Fugitive Who Murdered His Parent / Video: Afghanistan Before Russian Invasion In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
backnbeta:
Once a soldier always a soldier...he had to commit a crime and be caught after 40 years undecided

US has biometric database as far back as 1979, and the record still intact. Damn!! We're really behind.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Emilokoiyawon: 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
Oxb90:
System that's working. Who wouldn't wish he came from a place like USA

40 years? That's a working system for you? Or you are just a typical brainwashed Africanus primate
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Seunpaul01(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nmezor:
He should have turned a new leaf since now....now back to square one. Serves him right

The heart of a criminal is very difficult to make good. It is just like Someone that became rich from fraud n illegal means. He/She will find it very hard to desist from it. Forget all the fake promises they do make to themselves - let me do this once, I ll set a business or do something good with the money and never go back to this line again.

Only if God find His place in their heart. Then u ll see some of them change for good.

1 Like

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Enemyofpeace: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Village people finally caught up with him .
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by backnbeta(f): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Adek13:

US has biometric database as far back as 1979, and the record still intact. Damn!! We're really behind.
He would have escaped the system if he had nothing to do with the police the rest of his life. He gave himself away eventually undecided
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by golddare: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wondering if it was a fair deal, lived 40years as a free man or served 18years to start all over. I think the later would have been better, the possibility of getting his life back then would have been high than now. Again nobody knows what the future holds. He should just give his life to Jesus Christ ..
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by jayboy007(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
I (almost) got away with it grin. Another series loading soon
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Seunpaul01(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

40 years? That's a working system for you? Or you are just a typical brainwashed Africanus primate

U think it's an easy job to capture an escaped inmate. He might have been living in isolation all those years. Deviate from engaging in any thing that could kept him from been caught. Wait, do u think he have been living alone all those years. The police will only catch who they see. You don't expect them to start checking all the houses in United state to catch him.

Ojo gbogbo ni ti ole, ojo kan ni fo olohun. The system is working that's why he was caught. The person that have been protecting him all those years were not available anymore, in view of this, led to his recapture.

2 Likes

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Bobbyfreshh(m): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
Waffarianman:

Chai 1979 that's the year my momsi born. Nawa

Lol you're probably a teenager
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Awoo88: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
Village people no rest for this one case
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Seunpaul01(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

So you want to tell me that for 40 years, that guy did not use a bank, make any transaction and no camera spotted him?

I did not say the system wasnt working. I just said he beat the system. If that guy didnt commit a crime, he wouldnt have been found.

He escaped for 40 years....40 whole years. Think guy, think

Wait, do u think he have been living alone all those years. He might have been living in isolation all those years. Deviate from engaging in any thing that could kept him from been caught. The police will only catch who they see. You don't expect them to start checking all the houses in United state to catch him.

Ojo gbogbo ni ti ole, ojo kan ni fun olohun. The system is working that's why he was caught. The person(s) that have been protecting him all those years were not available anymore, in view of this, led to his recapture.

Modified
izzou
Infact he did not even beat the system. He just escaped and avoided or run from the system. It was the system that caught him eventually. He could beat the system only if he was guilty but still won the case or he did something that would have hindered the system from identifying him. Dude, u can't come and win a guy with a natural criminology brain.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by izzou(m): 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
Seunpaul01:

Wait, do u think he have been living alone all those years. He might have been living in isolation all those years. Deviate from engaging in any thing that could kept him from been caught. The police will only catch who they see. You don't expect them to start checking all the houses in United state to catch him.

Ojo gbogbo ni ti ole, ojo kan ni fun olohun. The system is working that's why he was caught. The person(s) that have been protecting him all those years were not available anymore, in view of this, led to his recapture.

Yea, he did beat the system, we can regard him as a smart guy. But the system never dies. It is still working.

I never said the system wasnt working
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Onyenna(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
EJIOGBENIMI:
Na wa.....Only to be caught 40 years later.

And if anybody dares talk about this. Then, you will see his shameless supporters fuming from both sides of their useless mouths saying something like: “at this critical time of our democracy, this is nothing but a malicious propagation of lies from his political enemies, who are jealous of his widespread political influence, haven served this great country in many capacities” grin grin.
Naija na joke wallah

Nigeria really got served!!.... 9ja is fvcked in so many ways!....
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Stringz1: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
SarakiBukola:
A friend has a similar experience....

this was such a lovely story to read...any link fof more? you just won a fan

1 Like

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Dumte(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
so for nearly 41 years his village people were still after his life? Who do am this thing eeh.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by SarakiBukola: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
Stringz1:

this was such a lovely story to read...any link fof more? you just won a fan

Check TheFacelessMan.

He is my pal. Writes well.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Waffarianman(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Lol you're probably a teenager

Funny you 1979, 41 plus a teenager then tell me what year you were born. Apapa yo
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by lookingfly: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Prec1ous:
Should have stayed out of crime atleast!
e always de blood!!
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Charly68: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Trust America system,he can't run forever ..
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by anegbete: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Prec1ous:
Should have stayed out of crime atleast!

He did stay out of crime .Only crime was getting intoxicated and flashing a Fake ID would have continue living under an assumed name
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by mechanics(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wow, no hiding place for criminals.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Ultimate300(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
he was on the run for 40 years,if he had served his 18 year prison sentence,he might have been a free man today.
Free what? Give me your 10yr youthful age.... I will give you my 20 oldest age..
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Daughterboard(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

The system Is working but that guy beat the system.

If he didn't get into crime again, he would never ever have been found.

Since 1979, and they are just busting him now. Imagine how many more that are out that haven't been found

He attempted to beat the system!
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Deejaygold(m): 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
I fear US
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by tck2000(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
fran6co:
if it were to b my country him case file go dun rotten, him matter go dun even de forgotten and buried.
Hmm
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by DelphiOracle(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
fran6co:
lol after then he will now sit as a major stake holder and God father selecting who will become the next governor.
I hope u were not thinking about Tinubu when u were typing these words

1 Like

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Adams12345: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
overdrive:
Village people again.

No no village people no get hand for this one, nay him cause this one for him self, ar pity him, no bi small tin to go jail for this old age kai
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Legendguru: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
ohhh
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Nmezor(f): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Seunpaul01:

The heart of a criminal is very difficult to make good. It is just like Someone that became rich from fraud n illegal means. He/She will find it very hard to desist from it. Forget all the fake promises they do make to themselves - let me do this once, I ll set a business or do something good with the money and never go back to this line again.

Only if God find His place in their heart. Then u ll see some of them change for good.
Yeah, ur right...only God can mk the diff
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Bimpe29: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
Karma is a bitch
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by tessiko: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Where there is law no one escapes crime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son / . / This Train Supplies 2 Million Litres Of Water To Thousands Of Indians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.