Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,261 members, 7,829,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve (77175 Views)

Jailbreak: Ex-guinea Junta Leader Recaptured / How DNA Identified Australian Man As Escaped US Fugitive Who Murdered His Parent / Video: Afghanistan Before Russian Invasion In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Kingspin(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

The system Is working but that guy beat the system.

If he didn't get into crime again, he would never ever have been found.

Since 1979, and they are just busting him now. Imagine how many more that are out that haven't been found
Nothing is perfect.

2 over 100 is not a win or pass.

Cases like this will always occur sure but rare.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Felicity001(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

Since 1979, and they are just busting him now. Imagine how many more that are out that haven't been found
And you dare say he beat the system? Guy receive sensessss
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Explorers:
An inmate who escaped from a South Carolina Department of Corrections work crew in 1979 was captured in Delaware on New Year's Day, according to the department.

Jose Chico Romero, 64, had been living under an assumed name when he was first arrested December 28, 2019 after showing Dover police a fake ID, according to Chrysti Shain, director of communications for the South Carolina Department of Corrections.

Police processed and released him under the fake name Arnaldo Figueroa but his fingerprints later came back as a match for wanted Romero.

He was arrested on Wednesday.

He is being held in Georgetown, Delaware, on a fugitive warrant and has waived extradition.

He is also charged with public intoxication, loitering, trespassing, forgery, criminal impersonation and being an out-of-state fugitive.

Romero was serving an 18-year sentence for armed robbery when he managed to escape from a work crew in Anderson County, South Carolina, on December 13, 1979.

After he is returned to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, Romero will be required to serve the remainder of his original sentence, which is about seven years, plus any time added for an escape conviction, Shain said.

His picture as inmate in the 1970s and after his arrest in 2020.

https://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_2542e65ad9342df4876ad2bded2b6ce4

Upon as oyibo smart reach.
They should have waited until he entered the grave before recapturing him.
After Man don gbadun him criminal life finish, these ones are now coming to form recapturing tinz.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by fran6co(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
EJIOGBENIMI:
Na wa.....Only to be caught 40 years later.

And if anybody dares talk about this. Then, you will see his shameless supporters fuming from both sides of their useless mouths saying something like: “at this critical time of our democracy, this is nothing but a malicious propagation of lies from his political enemies, who are jealous of his widespread political influence, haven served this great country in many capacities” grin grin.
Naija na joke wallah
even when they present them concrete evidence they will still say it is doctored. lol I lov my country everything works perfectly well
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Eskimojar(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
shocked lalastically
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Ayobami7(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by Savagethe21st(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
At least he has lived most of his life out of jail..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0DM2WXazk Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and comment what you think or critique subscribe to support me and .Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by DavidEsq(m): 12:33am On Jan 04, 2020
SarakiBukola:
A friend has a similar experience....
I missed this so damn much. Dude is a blessed fiction writer.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by 9jaRealist: 1:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Oxb90:
System that's working. Who wouldn't wish he came from a place like USA

The US criminal justice system is despicably biased against the poor and people of color (often the same)...
And with the proliferation of for-profit private prisons these days, the warehousing of poor minorities is off the charts!

>
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by bigiyaro(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2020
izzou:

atleas he was busted, even after all the workforce at the time of the crime and sentence have all gone, in naija even if keke jam ur IPO, ur case is finished.
Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by GMbuharii: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
SarakiBukola:

Check TheFacelessMan.

He is my pal. Writes well.

CHAI!!!!!!! A MENTALus tantalus talking about a fellow MENTALus tantalus who happens to be "itself"!!!!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve by GMbuharii: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
SarakiBukola:
A friend has a similar experience....

MENTALus tantalus grin grin grin grin
2020 MENTALus tantalus lolsssssss

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son / . / This Train Supplies 2 Million Litres Of Water To Thousands Of Indians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.