Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers (22857 Views)

Col. Ibrahim Sakaba's Wife Issues Ultimatum To The Nigerian Army / Plateau Killings: Angry Youths Protest At Government House, Turn Violent(photos) / Kano Youths Protest Against Buhari 'Pack Your Load' (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by OEPHIUS(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
A coalition of youth organizations in Enugu State, under the auspices of Enugu Youth Coalition for Good Governance, has berated a purported group of civil society organizations in the state for giving the state government a 14-day ultimatum to release the three suspects in the murder of Mrs. Maria Amadi, the former head of nursing services, Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Enugu.
In a statement by the coordinator of the youth coalition and the Executive Chairman, National Youth Council of Nigeria, Enugu State Chapter, Comrade Paschal Ugwu, the group disclosed that the murder case is in court and subjudice.
Describing the 14-day ultimatum to the state government as baseless, diversionary and mere shadow-chasing, the youth group warned the purported CSOs to respect the rule of law and allow justice to take its course, adding that any attempt to divert attention and mischievously ridicule the state government’s commitment to justice will be firmly resisted.
The youth stated that that the “kangaroo” ultimatum was the handiwork of those who are afraid of justice and have skeletons in their cupboards, wondering why they should not allow the judiciary and the security agencies carry out their due responsibilities, according to the law and constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Reacting to the threat by the purported CSOs - the group led by Comrade Igboke Onyebuchi - to embark on a protest if the three persons accused and detained over the murder of the nurse are not released after the expiration of the two-week ultimatum, the youth group warned them to desist from any act that could undermine the existing peace and tranquility in the state.

According to the youth coalition, “Enugu youths view this latest show of shame by this concocted coalition of civil society organizations’ group being mischievously propelled by one Igboke Onyebuchi as a charade and a diversionary measure to evade justice - we cannot allow this to happen.

“We, therefore, warn the originators of this baseless ultimatum to allow justice to take its course and stop bringing Enugu State government into this matter as it is neither the judiciary nor the police that are prosecuting the murder case in a competent court of law. We urge the state government to remain focused and undaunted in its resolve to support and promote the course of justice in Enugu State.

“We support the demand for justice by the late Mrs. Amadi’s family, the members of National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives, Enugu State Chapter, including the Joint Health Sector Union and Association of Resident Doctors, among other concerned bodies and individuals.”
https://thecitizenng.com/enugu-youths-berate-csos-over-14-day-ultimatum-to-state-govt-to-free-alleged-culprits-of-murdered-nurse/

1 Like

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by CotenantNIG: 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
just wow

Best places to rent properties in yaba
Check out no 4
https://cotenant.ng/shared-apartment-flat-apartment-for-rent-in-yaba/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by idiege12(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigeria!!! All perpetrators of evil should be brought to book. And the innocents, freed!..

Meanwhile, see beautiful interior of Emoney's new mansion and watch video of Uli festival below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0mIBrGpWA

4 Likes

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Humphrizy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
The government of dx country matter just tire person..... No standard law whatsoever.... We are talking about human life not chicken or cow life nii undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Officialgarri: 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Government instigated protest instead grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Aidejay(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
All these civil societies and organisations are more senile and confusing than I imagined contradicting themselves up and down. You want to tell me that the "coalition of civil societies", are unaware of the fact that the arrested suspects must face a judge of competent jurisdiction before anything is done but no they want due process to be subverted and the accused released in 14 days or else civil societies stage a protest to compel the judicial system to.......in fact it's not worth it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by RZArecta(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Who is Maria Amadi ? Who are her killers and who are the “faceless group” that demanded the release of the killers ? This story doesn’t make sense cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Crimes in Nigeria are becoming unbearable these days.I hope the government will listen to their threat
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by johnmario50(m): 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
l[b]ike for Apc share for pdp
cool cool cool cool cool cool [color=#990000][/color][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by dalongjnr: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
It's Unfortunate when those organizations that are supposed to be civil are now uncivilized

1 Like

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Zarrien2: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
Na wah
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by AdaJesus1(f): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
Government instigated protest instead grin
[/s]
pure lies
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by dalass(f): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is so sad. That they can't even establish the killers.. Cos I think that there won't be any agitation if it werent that they caught innocent people
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by ManishSmith(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
May God accept her soul...... If you can't create/give life the you have no reason to take a life....

1 Like

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Lavell9: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wonderful
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
In the absence of forensic investigations and/or CCTV, I wonder how criminal convictions are obtained in Nigeria. Na wa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Jabioro: 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ours standard had descended to substandard and still falling..I can see it nose diving.. eeeh it will crashed one this days..
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Elove1: 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
The way we do things here in nigeria, i don't think usa was this daft 50yrs ago
We don't even behave as people that were colonize by British and i am still asking where did we learn all this from??
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by MillerJnr(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
We are bunch of jokers in this country, we ain't ready for anything a country where there is no punishment for crime can never be in peace, governors are now God fearing that they now refuse to sign death penalty, killers are now happy that one day, one governor will grant them clemency. democracy people my foot, rule of law when a big man is arrested, US, UK, China etc punish people for crimes they commit.
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by MillerJnr(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
Elove1:
The way we do things here in nigeria, i don't think usa was this daft 50yrs ago
We don't even behave as people that were colonize by British and i am still asking where did we learn all this from??

we love forgiving criminals,
we are jokers, people are not punished fro crime,
governors keep converting death penalty to life in prison, then later clemency.
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by MillerJnr(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
ManishSmith:
May God accept her soul...... If you can't create/give life the you have no reason to take a life....

let them punish who did it first
God God God, and we don't follow his teachings
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Roon9(m): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by rosy1992(f): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
Get that sexy shape you have always wanted. No exercise!!! No diet!!! No addictive!!! Just natural herbs that helps you burn that excess fat. Since we are still in the new year season, the e-book will be sold for just #1000. Offer valid till 10th of January. For more info, contact me via ijeomaudobi@gmail.com
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Ajibade123(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
I am tired of this country

anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by dochenaj: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
dalass:
This is so sad. That they can't even establish the killers.. Cos I think that there won't be any agitation if it werent that they caught innocent people
If they are innocent, that's exactly what the courts are there for.

Any sensible civil society would rather give the police an ultimatum to charge them to court if they have sufficient evidence or release them if they don't.

1 Like

Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by Equity15(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
can someone explain to me what this is about? I'm totally lost
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by bewla(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
Humphrizy:
This government of dx country matter just tire person..... No standard law whatsoever.... We are talking about human life not chicken or cow life nii undecided
Even in heaven pls don't say God will judge the wicked and u let ur self been kill by one hopeless person

for if he changes before he dead God may forgive him but u

u are on your own
Re: Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers by tityboi: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Wike Turned ‘As E Dey Pain Dem’ Song To Rivers Anthem On Independence Day? / Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.