Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days (23380 Views)

EFCC Gets Order To Detain Accountant-General Ahmed Idris For More Days / EFCC Gets Court Order To Seize Properties Linked To NSA Monguno / EFCC Gets Order For Forfeiture Of 8 General Jafaru Mohammed's Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by kutashi: 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has obtained a court order to detain the former senator Shehu Sani, for 14 days to allow thorough investigation of his alleged involvement in name dropping and extortion.

The development followed fresh allegations levelled against the ex-lawmaker by the complainant, Alhaji Sani Dauda.

Shehu Sani was arrested on New Year ‘s Eve by the EFCC operatives in Abuja for allegedly extorting $10,000 from Dauda, the Chairman of ASD Motors.
https://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-gets-court-order-to-detain-shehu-sani-for-14-days/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Alright
Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by daddytime(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
El-Rufai don support the motion... grin

11 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Diego1989(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
Chai, E don red for dis Guy.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by dochenaj: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
Shehu Sani is in for some rough ride.

How does holding him affect the investigation?

Our justice system is corrupted, because the judges are corrupt and most of them have skeletons in their closet and the FG is privy to that hence the blackmailing. Cos I don't understand how a sensible judge could order someone to be held, for investigations to be carried out implying that EFCC didn't have enough evidence before making the arrest.

Both the judge that issued the arrest warrant and the one that gave this stupid hold order need to be investigated. Oh! I forgot the NJC can't do nada.

100 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Dathypebruv(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
Dammnnnn Niggur !!!!

All these mf Senators on enjoyment budget...

This one above me $10,000...

Damn this Zoogeria....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by CapitalHYC(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
If anyone no matter the political or social status is found wanting of corruption charges, he or she should be Quizzed and detained and treated with the fair arm of the law under due legal process and that's how to make it transparent.. No one should be above the law

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Viking007(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
I knew his Twitter attacks against the dictator will lead to this. An ex Senator that was earning millions monthly will come "extort" $10,000? cheesy.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by inoki247: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Me I don't understand this our country again oh dem go arrest you before dem start investigations instead make dem charge u to court for ur crime dem go dey go court go colet court Judgement to detain you..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Mentorkaryhm(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Firstly, make them loose the seat, and arrest or torment them. Simply because they were antagonists, or they didn't hold d broom

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by babzo(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Funny country. Funny, but tragic.
You arrest someone and then ask to detain him for 14 days ( Shehu) 50 days (Sowore) so that you can investigate..
What were you doing before the arrest? Even if such people are guilty; wont they and their associates try and hide evidence now that you have made your move?
Why not conduct full investigations before arresting?
Whatever happened to under cover agents?sting operations? Wiretaps?
Cant we learn from security operatives in more organized countries?
Before issuing a warrant of arrest or arresting a suspect, they will conduct lengthy investigations even if it means 10 years EXCEPT they have ironclad evidence.

19 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Authoreety: 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
D guy Don enter

Because he's no longer in APC

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Daniel058(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
Before they said it's $30000 now , they are saying $10000 ,I no trust Elrufai for this matter Sha,but

If na True, Oga Shehu,ur shame dey shame me ooo : cry

7 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by chiemmanuel(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
As usual
A slap on the wrist is expected

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by GeneralPula: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
Chuuh grin

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by TooMuchStuff: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
smiley
Guy man don buy Buhari market.....!

Only God know the real thing that transpired btw ASD motors and our Distinguished Senator who is not a Buharist

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by IpobAntidote: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
Viking007:
I knew his Twitter attacks against the dictator will lead to this.
[/s]

Criminals always support each other.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Trutherme: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
shocked
Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by nurex01(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
I can't Still believe him getting involving in extortion. Ahah! cool
I believe the truth will still comes out

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Mikelarteta(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
At last world people don catch this guy, El Rufai go just Dey laugh now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by ThinkWISELY(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by nurex01(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mentorkaryhm:
Firstly, make them loose the seat, and arrest or torment them. Simply because they were antagonists, or they didn't hold d broom
do you just read your sentence?

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Antoeni(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Demons Appearing to be Saints
God will keep Exposing them

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by tunjilee003: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
If he is quizzed and found guilty of charges he should bear the consequences alone... This will serve as a detriment to others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by SarakiBukola: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
A prayer : Lord don't deliver me in the hands of my enemies.

If Shehu Sani is culpable, he is in deep shiit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by Mowoe(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
It usually starts with 14 Days. Ask Sowore!

9 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days by jbcul4ril(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wish him well in there cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Procures 32 Fighter Aircraft, Drones In Six Years / Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 / Ifeanyi Ejiofor Hosts Nnamdi Kanu's Co-defendants Released From Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.