Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year (53758 Views)

Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 / 6 African Business Books You Should Read in 2020 To Have A Productive Year / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year (2) (3) (4)

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by tck2000(m): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Rapmoney:
'Without A Silver Spoon' - Eddie Iroh.
That book go teach you sense.
lol "Religious Kappa"

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by jodoh: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
I have read 7 out of the 10.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by princeSammyz: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
foolbuster:

I dont understand.
quoted you in error. Apologies
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by tityboi: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Oh
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by jodoh: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Stupid book
"48 laws of power " contain some ridiculous ideas but it's worth reading. No power-hungery man can manipulate u after reading it.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by lollybizzu(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
And don't forget to read the BIBLE too.
A book that has the answer to all the issues of life.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Culin:
I just realized I read alot cheesy

Lol I've read no. 1 'How to win friends and influence people'. It has helped me become less socially akward and introverted. I've learnt the kind of topics to discuss with what kind of person or people, how to do it, bla bla. I was also able to make friends with two influential people with that knowledge.

For no. 6 'why you act the way you do', my ex gifted me that book 3-4 years back when my head was catching fire anyhow, lol til today I've not finished it. But it helped me understand my temperament better, and how to handle situations calmly.

No 9. Rich dad poor dad was gifted to me by my sis I think. It's a must read.

I've also read 5, 'Tough times never last, tough people do.' If you're suffering from depression, that's the book for you.

Read 7 too. And the rest I have as pdf but never got around to read them.

I'll also refer 'Battlefield of the mind' by Joyce Meyer, I've reread that book every year since my sister gave me in 2014 and Lord knows how much my mind has developed since then.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Ronline(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
danilmo:

Biko which one Dangote read?

hmm
He Political Business Written by Roline

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
AyomideTenTen:
George R.R Martin once said "A reader lives a thousand times in one life. A non reader lives just once". (Pardon the paraphrase)

These books that I shall be bringing to your notice will so much help boost productivity as a business owner and individual.

The first book is;

1. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE written by DALE CARNEGIE in 1936.

In life, no matter how well you love to do things by yourself, you can't be all productive by yourself.
You need friends, most importantly you need to know how to influence friends. This book will help you know the kind of people you should befriend, how you can make friends and how to influence them.

2.YOU CAN NEGOTIATE ANYTHING by HERB COHEN

I can bet there is hardly any day you can do without negotiating. Most days of our lives we spend it negotiating (an example is negotiating with transporters who we want to reduce the price they'd use to transport us to our desired destinations). Herb Cohen is one of the greatest negotiators who has lived.
He even negotiated for nations.
In this book, Herb Cohen brings you the secrets to negotiating anything.

3. MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR by TOMAS J.STANLY

For every young person who would like to be a millionaire, this book is very helpful. This books helps you to understand HOW TO BE RICH and not HOW TO LOOK Rich. Many youths hustle for the FLASH these days and that's why you see that they don't last.
They spend every BOOM they hit on Phones,Television, Cars etc. This books helps you to understand how to be rich and act like a rich individual.

4. PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL by DAN ARIELY

This book helps you to understand the irrational behaviors of human beings and how to deal with them.
It helps you to understand the PSYCHOLOGY OF LIFE.

5. TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST TOUGH PEOPLE DO by ROBERT SCHULLER

In this book, you will understand you have no excuse you shouldn't be successful in life.
Research has shown that 80% of successful people are actually people who made it from nothing.
It doesn't matter if you are a PRINCE,there are days you will face challenges that will shake you.
These books helps you to be strong and how to stand the test of time.

6.WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO by TIM LAHAYE.

Just like the title of this book,this books helps you to set the right mindset about anything. There are times you act and you don't understand your actions. You will understand your irrational behavior if you read this book.

7.THINK AND GROW RICH by NAPOLEON HILL.

I know most of you have heard about this book.
However, I'm sure most of you have just heard about it but never read it. This book has helped a lot of people become and develop a millionaire mindset.
For you to act like or be a millionaire in 2020, you need to read THINK AND GROW RICH.

8. 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE by STEPHEN COVEY.

One of the lessons you shall be learning from this book is SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE PRO-ACTIVE.
They don't blame circumstances for their mistakes.
They stand up and make things right.
This book will help you develop a new insight to becoming a better version of yourself as a successful person.

9. RICH DAD POOR DAD by ROBERT KIYOSAKI.

I know a lot of you must have heard about RICH DAD POOR DAD,you probably might have read about it but forgotten its lessons. This book helps to give a different perspective about EDUCATION AND WEALTH.
A story of an individual with two different dads and how each dad influences him with WEALTH AND EDUCATION.

And lastly;

10.RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON by GEORGE S.CLASON

This book is one of the most populous books in history and has helped a lot of people acquire new mindsets towards wealth.
RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON is just one of those books in history a scholar,business owner or any individual should not do without reading....

These books I can promise you, if you consume them in 2020,you shall have a different story to tell.
Do not read the summaries, read the whole book and gain new insights to LIFE

OJEDIRAN AYOMIDE THEOPHILUS

YOUR DIGITAL PRODUCT STRATEGIST
As usual,they're all American books and same moderators and @seun who won't promote Nigerian books unless you pay nairaland for advertising will quickly do free ad for American authors by pushing it to FrontPage and even promote it as if we don't have Nigerian books that deserve frontpage and are better and richer with life experiences we can better relate to as one growing up and developing in Nigeria.
Please,dear OP, when are you doing our own Nigerian-authored books sir?

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by abbasajao(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
Thank you for copying and pasting without any reference.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Moniya4Real(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You can't be sure which one he did.
He probably read one, some or all of the above.
But most importantly, he read one book as far as Nigeria is concerned - A book called, 'Be close to people in the corridor of power'.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by jaxxy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
I love books bt not just any book so thanks for this op.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Galapagous(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Theenchanter2:
I've read 8 of those books. wink
where are u today? hope it help
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by balingaonline(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
I've read Richest Man in Bablony, it encourages and advocates saving, i've have been following it lesson, since then my life has changed.

I will try to read the others.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Emotionss: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
AyomideTenTen:
George R.R Martin once said "A reader lives a thousand times in one life. A non reader lives just once". (Pardon the paraphrase)

These books that I shall be bringing to your notice will so much help boost productivity as a business owner and individual.

The first book is;

In life, no matter how well you love to do things by yourself, you can't be all productive by yourself.
You need friends, most importantly you need to know how to influence friends. This book will help you know the kind of people you should befriend, how you can make friends and how to influence them.

I can bet there is hardly any day you can do without negotiating. Most days of our lives we spend it negotiating (an example is negotiating with transporters who we want to reduce the price they'd use to transport us to our desired destinations). Herb Cohen is one of the greatest negotiators who has lived.

For every young person who would like to be a millionaire, this book is very helpful. This books helps you to understand HOW TO BE RICH and not HOW TO LOOK Rich. Many youths hustle for the FLASH these days and that's why you see that they don't last.
They spend every BOOM they hit on Phones,Television, Cars etc. This books helps you to understand how to be rich and act like a rich individual.

This book helps you to understand the irrational behaviors of human beings and how to deal with them.

In this book, you will understand you have no excuse you shouldn't be successful in life.
Research has shown that 80% of successful people are actually people who made it from nothing.
It doesn't matter if you are a PRINCE,there are days you will face challenges that will shake you.

Just like the title of this book,this books helps you to set the right mindset about anything. There are times you act and you don't understand your actions. You will understand your irrational behavior if you read this book.

However, I'm sure most of you have just heard about it but never read it. This book has helped a lot of people become and develop a millionaire mindset.
For you to act like or be a millionaire in 2020, you need to read THINK AND GROW RICH.

One of the lessons you shall be learning from this book is SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE PRO-ACTIVE.
This book will help you develop a new insight to becoming a better version of yourself as a successful person.

I know a lot of you must have heard about RICH DAD POOR DAD,you probably might have read about it but forgotten its lessons. This book helps to give a different perspective about EDUCATION AND WEALTH.
A story of an individual with two different dads and how each dad influences him with WEALTH AND EDUCATION.

And lastly;

This book is one of the most populous books in history and has helped a lot of people acquire new mindsets towards wealth.
RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON is just one of those books in history a scholar,business owner or any individual should not do without reading....

These books I can promise you, if you consume them in 2020,you shall have a different story to tell.

Thanks for this

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=Theenchanter2 post=85500994]I've read 8 of those books. wink
Chop knuckle,bro.your a voracious reader,ain't you? though I envy u ohh.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by tonyimadu: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
mrsuccessful:
Meditations Marcus Aurelius
Wise man

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Culin(f): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
belzieee:
Hello good evening. Can you share the books you have as pdf with me please? My email-dammybelz@gmail.com

Seen. Will send them when I'm settled.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by DORS(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
For people like me i would Recommend, Mind is the Master by James Allen a great book for a thinker

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Rayfield: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
AyomideTenTen:

The first book is;

And lastly;

Thank you for this.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
It's so unfortunate that people read less nowadays and I will attribute that to the influence and addiction to social media.

I will recommend all books written by Robert Greene to you guys.that man writes piercingly

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by qanda: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
My personal list
Boundaries
7 habits of highly effective Pple
The subtle art of not giving a Bleep
Outliers
Talking to strangers
Blink
The power of habits
Good to great
As a man thinket also read from poverty to power
THE HOLY BIBLE

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by czarina(f): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
It's so unfortunate that people read less nowadays and I will attribute that to the influence and addiction to social media.

I will recommend all books written by Robert Greene to you guys.that man writes piercingly
Social media right? True plus the fact that it's hard to find many of these books in paper form.

I have a lot of books on my phone but the distractions from the apps are out of this world. But this is 2020, we're going to read till we can no longer read cool

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by lapagegirl(f): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
AyomideTenTen:

The first book is;

And lastly;

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Donald7610: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Donald7610: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

As usual,they're all American books and same moderators and @seun who won't promote Nigerian books unless you pay nairaland for advertising will quickly do free ad for American authors by pushing it to FrontPage and even promote it as if we don't have Nigerian books that deserve frontpage and are better and richer with life experiences we can better relate to as one growing up and developing in Nigeria.
Please,dear OP, when are you doing our own Nigerian-authored books sir?

List them out and stop crying foul
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
Culin:

Seen. Will send them when I'm settled.
Alright. Thank you
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Culin(f): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
belzieee:
Alright. Thank you

Uwc!

Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage / The Lover Next Door II / Two Can Play The Game - A Competition To Test Your IQ (Be A Critical Thinker)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92