Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year (53803 Views)

Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 / 6 African Business Books You Should Read in 2020 To Have A Productive Year / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year (2) (3) (4)

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by OYEDIPE(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
AyomideTenTen:
George R.R Martin once said "A reader lives a thousand times in one life. A non reader lives just once". (Pardon the paraphrase)

These books that I shall be bringing to your notice will so much help boost productivity as a business owner and individual.

The first book is;

1. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE written by DALE CARNEGIE in 1936.

In life, no matter how well you love to do things by yourself, you can't be all productive by yourself.
You need friends, most importantly you need to know how to influence friends. This book will help you know the kind of people you should befriend, how you can make friends and how to influence them.

2.YOU CAN NEGOTIATE ANYTHING by HERB COHEN

I can bet there is hardly any day you can do without negotiating. Most days of our lives we spend it negotiating (an example is negotiating with transporters who we want to reduce the price they'd use to transport us to our desired destinations). Herb Cohen is one of the greatest negotiators who has lived.
He even negotiated for nations.
In this book, Herb Cohen brings you the secrets to negotiating anything.

3. MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR by TOMAS J.STANLY

For every young person who would like to be a millionaire, this book is very helpful. This books helps you to understand HOW TO BE RICH and not HOW TO LOOK Rich. Many youths hustle for the FLASH these days and that's why you see that they don't last.
They spend every BOOM they hit on Phones,Television, Cars etc. This books helps you to understand how to be rich and act like a rich individual.

4. PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL by DAN ARIELY

This book helps you to understand the irrational behaviors of human beings and how to deal with them.
It helps you to understand the PSYCHOLOGY OF LIFE.

5. TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST TOUGH PEOPLE DO by ROBERT SCHULLER

In this book, you will understand you have no excuse you shouldn't be successful in life.
Research has shown that 80% of successful people are actually people who made it from nothing.
It doesn't matter if you are a PRINCE,there are days you will face challenges that will shake you.
These books helps you to be strong and how to stand the test of time.

6.WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO by TIM LAHAYE.

Just like the title of this book,this books helps you to set the right mindset about anything. There are times you act and you don't understand your actions. You will understand your irrational behavior if you read this book.

7.THINK AND GROW RICH by NAPOLEON HILL.

I know most of you have heard about this book.
However, I'm sure most of you have just heard about it but never read it. This book has helped a lot of people become and develop a millionaire mindset.
For you to act like or be a millionaire in 2020, you need to read THINK AND GROW RICH.

8. 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE by STEPHEN COVEY.

One of the lessons you shall be learning from this book is SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE PRO-ACTIVE.
They don't blame circumstances for their mistakes.
They stand up and make things right.
This book will help you develop a new insight to becoming a better version of yourself as a successful person.

9. RICH DAD POOR DAD by ROBERT KIYOSAKI.

I know a lot of you must have heard about RICH DAD POOR DAD,you probably might have read about it but forgotten its lessons. This book helps to give a different perspective about EDUCATION AND WEALTH.
A story of an individual with two different dads and how each dad influences him with WEALTH AND EDUCATION.

And lastly;

10.RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON by GEORGE S.CLASON

This book is one of the most populous books in history and has helped a lot of people acquire new mindsets towards wealth.
RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON is just one of those books in history a scholar,business owner or any individual should not do without reading....

These books I can promise you, if you consume them in 2020,you shall have a different story to tell.
Do not read the summaries, read the whole book and gain new insights to LIFE

OJEDIRAN AYOMIDE THEOPHILUS

YOUR DIGITAL PRODUCT STRATEGIST
I have read 1 3 5 9 10

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by OYEDIPE(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
danilmo:

Biko which one Dangote read?

hmm
You see the problem with our generation.... Short cut to everything.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
I have read 1,5,6,7,8,9,10 before now.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Social media right? True plus the fact that it's hard to find many of these books in paper form.

I have a lot of books on my phone but the distractions from the apps are out of this world. But this is 2020, we're going to read till we can no longer read cool
Lol,u made me laugh really hard.you're right indeed. an introvert like me only finds solace in books.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by xjiggy: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Earlier in life i read some of those books. I realized early that most of the principles they posited was not applicable in the Nigerian setting so I switched to my street wits and I'm better off for it. I'll still recommend you read them though. Only GOD know what will work for each individual.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by BitCraftman: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Rapmoney:
'Without A Silver Spoon' - Eddie Iroh.

That book go teach you sense.
The Holy Bible. That one fit turn fortune around join giving of sense.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Jossyroyal1: 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
www.pdfdrive.com

You may not find all though but it's a great resource for popular books.

Thanks czarina. I've downloaded 10 different ebook from the sight grin

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by chukzyfcbb: 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
i have read about 5 of those books years ago and nothing happened.....

The book just improved my way of thinking, how I viewed human beings and finances, However finances didn't increase until I started reading career books and dumped them.

So ogbeni calm down! Read books that will advance your skill set in your career instead.

Then when career starts giving headway, open that Rich Dad Poor Dad, to see Investment differently.

PS, I am a strong Kiyosaki fan, I have read plenty of his books and articles.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by czarina(f): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

Lol,u made me laugh really hard.you're right indeed. an introvert like me only finds solace in books.
Enjoy.... cool
Jossyroyal1:

Thanks czarina. I've downloaded 10 different ebook from the site
Glad it helped. smiley
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Theenchanter2:
I've read 8 of those books. wink

I'm finding it difficult to download this books. can you help me send them to email please. thanks
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by williams85(m): 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
You can listen to these books on audio.
You will enjoy it..
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Esthefaith(f): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Outiss:

You can get all the books on Telegram. Just search "ebookgallery" and you will see a massive group.
download "anybook" app... You can get any book on it

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Culin(f): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
belzieee:
Alright. Thank you

Just did, but sent 20 of them lipsrsealed was too lazy to check them properly before selecting, so I just marked everything in that folder. Sorry embarassed
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
Donald7610:

List them out and stop crying foul
Crying ke? It's stating the obvious sir.They are all over the internet but trust me, they are the ones nairaland should be pushing to front page to celebrate Nigerian authors.

http://www.chicamod.com/2016/11/15/6-african-business-books-read/
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by czarina(f): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Crying ke? It's stating the obvious sir.They are all over the internet but trust me, they are the ones nairaland should be pushing to front page
https://flexxzone.fcmb.com/2019/01/15/7-personal-finance-books-read-2019/
Why don't you create your thread, if you do, I think the mods will push it to the front-page.

Remember, Nairaland is a user-generated content platform.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Why don't you create your thread, if you do, I think the mods will push it to the front-page.

Okay let me create one.

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by 2pens: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
Read -Laws of Human by Robert Greene ( Thesame person who wrote 48 laws of power)
-12 Rules for life by Jordan Peterson
They are life changing

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by pansophist(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
I've read five out of the ten books. wink
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Klopp22: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Esthefaith:
download "anybook" app... You can get any book on it

Madam, calm down... Have you joined the group in question? .

Any book do not have the range of books I'm seeing there.

It's wrong to assert you can get any book there. Wrong!
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by poweredcom(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
No be to read book na to act
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:

You are right. It's just the coincidence all the time that only US authored business books make the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/5615333/6-african-business-books-should#85532290
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by czarina(f): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You are right. It's just the coincidence all the time that only US authored business books make the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/5615333/6-african-business-books-should#85532290
You see, now you can call the mods to take the thread to front-page

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by bluefilm: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
AyomideTenTen:
George R.R Martin once said "A reader lives a thousand times in one life. A non reader lives just once". (Pardon the paraphrase)

These books that I shall be bringing to your notice will so much help boost productivity as a business owner and individual.

The first book is;

1. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE written by DALE CARNEGIE in 1936.

2.YOU CAN NEGOTIATE ANYTHING by HERB COHEN

3. MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR by TOMAS J.STANLY

4. PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL by DAN ARIELY

5. TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST TOUGH PEOPLE DO by ROBERT SCHULLER

6.WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO by TIM LAHAYE.

7.THINK AND GROW RICH by NAPOLEON HILL.

8. 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE by STEPHEN COVEY.

9. RICH DAD POOR DAD by ROBERT KIYOSAKI.

10.RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON by GEORGE S.CLASON

Chai.

Not even a single Nigerian writer in your list.

This is a shame.

A very very very big shame to the so called Giant of Africa.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Balder: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
chuggy:
where can I download this books online?
or download this app ANYBOOK on playstore

Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by Easyman10: 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
danilmo:

Biko which one Dangote read?
hmm
some people are just too shallow..grow up man
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by forsto(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Love this and really testimony will come at the end of the year. This is commendable. Take action today.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by hylyne(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
www.pdfdrive.com

You may not find all though but it's a great resource for popular books.

God bless you
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by czarina(f): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
hylyne:

God bless you
Amen
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by egwajoe(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
Read THE CONCUBINE.
it will go a long way in shaping our youths that chase anything that wear Leggings!!!!!!
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by nathawoniyi(m): 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Read bible,the greatest of the greatest books on earth.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by banio: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
A reader lives a thousand lives than one.
Re: The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year by onojaford(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
The post should go by: TEN BOOKS YOU MUST NOT READ, TO HAVE A PRODUCTIVE YEAR.
Those are not good books.

Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage / The Lover Next Door II / Two Can Play The Game - A Competition To Test Your IQ (Be A Critical Thinker)