Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. (1313 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:
You can't overcome lust when you free-mix with ladies puting on sexy apparels! No amount of "heart-conditioning'' can save you.
In this era of slay queens....we now have slay queens for Christ!
Even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays,he will close his eyes...
All na lie Sha...

You know me already that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and my opinion may be condemned most especially when Churchgoers hear that the one speaking is a Watchtower student.

But i'm not going to keep quiet sha since it's a public discussion and everyone is involved.

Regarding how women dress this days, we must be sincere to ourselves nudity has become the order of the day. But is that the main cause of LUST?
First of all, it's important we go back to the beginning when God first created the first human couple, THEY WERE COMPLETELY NAKED! undecided
This means even though they're aware of the use of their sex organs their thoughts were PURE, the organs are for their sexual pleasures and it's to be between the two that God hooked together!
Until the idea of ABSOLUTE FREEDOM occurred, the man and his wife can't think of any extra marital affairs, but gradually as their longing for absolute freedom intensified humans began LUSTING after so many things!
Today women dress provocatively because of one major reason!
POLYGAMY and FREEDOM to have extra marital affairs is granted in the human society!
If each female know that all married men will stick to their wives without looking here and there {Matthew 5:28} NO WOMAN WILL THINK OF SELLING HER INTEGRITY by revealing her body indiscriminately!

But since Jesus' orders is limited to few of those MEDITATING on his teachings, there is no way we can totally eradicate LUST.

And as for the sexually provocative dresses in the society, that has NOTHING to do with the real cause of lust.
Because even in religious countries where women are not supposed to expose their body in the public, their are hotels where SEX is for sale! embarassed

The picture below shows PROSTITUTES in an Islamic country, they are drinking WHISKEY and smoking WEED in the public!

So LUST is not just about how our females dress but what is in their hearts! undecided

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by WinningEleven(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"And Jesus answering, said, "You do not know what you ask for.
Are you able to drink the cup which I am about to drink?"
"
- Matthew 20:22a

""Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'?
No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
"
- John 12:27

"Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword back in its place!
Do you think that I will not drink the cup of suffering which my Father has given me
?"
"
- John 18:11

Thanks but no thanks for sign-posting me to this link and the original post there, but you werent expecting me to "second guess" what your point is, do you? Besides I dont see, any proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die? Also, you in a way, that fits well with your "agenda" decided to not quote Matthew 26:38 right on to Matthew 26:38, to show where Jesus said "But let Your will be done rather than Mine". Or how about Luke 22:42's "Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." This is not a talk of someone afraid of God's plan, but is the human dimension of Jesus saying something to the effect of: "is having to go through all this looming suffering, really necessary, but hey dont mind Me, let Your plan and will be done God"

You dont all appreciate and/or understand the gravity and extent of the suffering Jesus went through at the hands of deliberately cruel, grudge-bearing, vindinctice baying for blood people. Jesus had His beard plucked from His face as He was lead to His death at calvary. Jesus was so much and that much beaten, the bible said, to the extent He was unrecognisable. The bible said because of the immense torture Jesus was subjected to, people recoiled from looking at Him, because of the shock of seeing the awful, horrific and appalling state of Him.

Jesus was not and never afraid of God's plan for man's redemption and salvation, rather He was concerned of the "bestial" cruelty of man. No creature could ever be so cruel as man, who can be so artfully and so artistically cruel. Man didnt disappoint, they showed their worst on that day on the way to Calvary and at hill of Calvary.

Matthew 20:22a, John 12:27, John 18:11 and other verses doesnt show Jesus saying He is afraid of God plan. Doesnt show Jesus of being afraid to die. Rather they all show, someone being admirably brave and determined to see God's plan come into fruition.

If according to your correct definition of hermaphrodite meaning a half man half woman, then how did you manage to make the huge leap to equate hermaphrodite to mean half God half human, hmm? Are we to go along with your sentiment here to say the South African middle-distance runner Caster Semenya, then, is half God half human hmm? I dont think you thought it through properly enough before you made your comment
still learning Sir
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by WinningEleven(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2020
Maximus69:

You know me already that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and my opinion may be condemned most especially when Churchgoers hear that the one speaking is a Watchtower student.

But i'm not going to keep quiet sha since it's a public discussion and everyone is involved.

Regarding how women dress this days, we must be sincere to ourselves nudity has become the order of the day. But is that the main cause of LUST?
First of all, it's important we go back to the beginning when God first created the first human couple, THEY WERE COMPLETELY NAKED! undecided
This means even though they're aware of the use of their sex organs their thoughts were PURE, the organs are for their sexual pleasures and it's to be between the two that God hooked together!
Until the idea of ABSOLUTE FREEDOM occurred, the man and his wife can't think of any extra marital affairs, but gradually as their longing for absolute freedom intensified humans began LUSTING after so many things!
Today women dress provocatively because of one major reason!
POLYGAMY and FREEDOM to have extra marital affairs is granted in the human society!
If each female know that all married men will stick to their wives without looking here and there, NO WOMAN WILL THINK OF SELLING HER INTEGRITY by revealing her body indiscriminately

But since Jesus' orders is limited to few of those MEDITATING on his teachings, there is no way we can totally eradicate LUST.

And as for the sexually provocative dresses in the society, that has NOTHING to do with the real cause of lust.
Because even in religious countries where women are not supposed to expose their body in the public, their are hotels where SEX is for sale! embarassed

The picture below shows PROSTITUTES in an Islamic country, they are drinking WHISKEY and smoking WEED in the public!

So LUST is not just about how our females dress but what is in their hearts! undecided
wow
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2020
WinningEleven:

wow

Why do you say "WOW" at me? undecided

I'm just a student of the Watchtower {1Corinthians 4:7} if you start studying the Bible with them today, that's how honest hearted and sincere observers will also say "WOW" each time they listen to you! Act 26:28

So i'm not special! smiley
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 10, 2020
All we need to do is reach the hearts of people with healthful teachings that will make their thoughts as pure as possible. But giving them rules about how they should dress won't change what they're harboring in their hearts!

For instance, during wars female soldiers do rape defenseless men the same way male soldiers do rape women.

But if you're doubting this you can checkout the news i got on opera mini this morning.

Note that these FEMALE rapists must have used all forms of sexually provocative dresses to lure the victim but when all that has failed, they came out openly to have SEX with him by force!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahweh's Supreme Order To Parents: "Stone Your Children To Death" Deut 21:18-21 / How Prophet TB Joshua Ruined My Life - Man Cried Out / I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.