Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno (11569 Views)

Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by OEPHIUS(m): 6:32am On Jan 04, 2020
The Enugu State Police Command said on Friday that no life or property was lost in the fire outbreak that occurred at the mattress section of Ogbete Main Market in the state capital.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, told journalists that the fire was first noticed in a shop at the foam section of the market at 3:30 p.m.

Amaraizu said the fire started from a faulty small generating set in the shop.

He said: “The fire and fume from the faulty generating set were put off by public-spirited traders.

“As I speak to you, no life or property was lost in the entire incident.”

The command’s spokesman, however, urged social media speculators and those that magnify incidents out of proportion to have a change of heart this New Year.

“I wonder what one wants to gain by raising an unfounded alarm or escalating minor issues,’’ he said.

The state’s Chief Fire Officer, Okwudili Ohaa, who came with a fire-fighting truck to the market, lauded the traders for putting out the fire at its nursery state. (NAN)
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/no-casualty-recorded-in-enugu-market-inferno-police/

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Roon9(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2020
God help us

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Nicklaus619(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2020
Thank God no life was lost, but ayam beginning to think that all these accidental fires burning market and business places in Nigeria is not accident at all,some sardistic and psycho paralyzed people can actually buy fuel and set these fires
If Nigeria is a sane country where things works as it is suppose I would have advised business people to insure their businesses in case of hazard, but Nigeria insurance company will always prmise heaven and earth, when things like this come up, nah SO so story them go dey. Tell you
May God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by whirlwind7(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmm.
Fire seem to burn everywhere there is commercial activity nowadays. Not that it is unusual, but it seemed to have increased in numbers and intensity since last year.

Same pic here was also used for the one that happened opposite NDU in Bayelsa State.

Lazy reporting
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
The state’s Chief Fire Officer, Okwudili Ohaa,
who came with a fire-fighting truck to the
market, lauded the traders for putting out the
fire at its nursery state.

As usual, the fire service department in this country are always lackadaisical when it comes to discharging their duties......

It will take them more than an hour and thirty minutes to stand up from a beer parlour to attend to any fire incident.

Thank Heavens it stopped at the nursery stage, we would have been mourning as a if it graduate to the secondary stage if not for the kind hearted traders.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by CallMeDrino: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Slawormir: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good to know
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by naijazee2: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by helinues: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Good to read
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Lincoln275(m): 6:39am On Jan 04, 2020
Inferno everywhere, May Almighty help us
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by 4ckz: 6:39am On Jan 04, 2020
This is not ogbete.

The picture looks like one village market.

Thanks to Ugwuanyi, giving fire extinguishers to the traders helped a lot. Fire was already controlled before fire service came.

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by RHAPSODYIDRIS(m): 6:39am On Jan 04, 2020
Oh glory be to God..

But wait oo.. how would police say no property was lost?
Although no life might be lost but definitely the burnt materials that announced the inferno are someone's properties, no matter how small..

The picture is not from Ogbete/Holy Ghost market though..
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Britishcoins(m): 6:40am On Jan 04, 2020
Very big and unorganized market, I nearly lost the day I was searching for one medical equipment during my mom's health challenges....
I think government should demolish that market and construct more modern market

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Crownbackhome: 6:42am On Jan 04, 2020
And I read that, " This fire outbreak occurred at Bayelsa". Bloggers and the lies sha
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by chidekings(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Britishcoins:
Very big and unorganized market, I nearly lost the day I was searching for one medical equipment during my mom's health challenges....
I think government should demolish that market and construct more modern market
The evil heart of men.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by macaranta(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Thank God, what Australian bush fires are causing ehn, you will know that fires are no jokes
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by id4sho(m): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2020
chai, fire run for your life.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Kingosytex(m): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2020
So sad!!!!!
I once witnessed a fire out break and I was really grieved in my spirit. It was like a festival if tears because tears rained and flowed ceaselessly for hours.

It was really pathetic. Thanks goodness this inferno was avoided to an extent.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Crownbackhome: 6:44am On Jan 04, 2020
They said this outbreak occurred at AMASOMMA in bayelsa state. Now ,its Enugu, Ogbeete
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by olaboy33(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by eghuan1(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Please someone should explain to me o, the small generating set that caught fire, no be property?

How is it that there was a fire, but no property was lost even when it was established that the fire started from a generating set of the generator did not burn?
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:46am On Jan 04, 2020
Advice to ppl burning bushes please bush una set on fire should be controlled and quench once properly burnt don't let to escalate the lands are dry, leaves tress, grass this harmattan is very strong blowing left n right..

Dnt let person property burn because of your carelessness

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by skkslar: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Thank God
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 04, 2020
Seun pls I keep getting banned by antispam bot..... Pls do something about it

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Maybe it should be strongly recommended that all shops must have a fire extinguishers of a certain size provided by shop owners and checked by the LGA periodically.

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Jamorezzi: 6:52am On Jan 04, 2020
At times , our government too dey start this kind fire, to relocate marketers.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2020
eghuan1:
Please someone should explain to me o, the small generating set that caught fire, no be property?

How is it that there was a fire, but no property was lost even when it was established that the fire started from a generating set of the generator did not burn?
the generator was on the deck of the building, the light tripped off about four times. So before they could know what was happening the set caught fire on top of the shops and beds(foam) were burnt, though no causality but let me say some goods were destroyed by the fire.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by pennywys(m): 7:01am On Jan 04, 2020
What more can I say

Chukwu imeka
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by dukeprince50: 7:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Crownbackhome:
They said this outbreak occurred at AMASOMMA in bayelsa state. Now ,its Enugu, Ogbeete
I school in Amassoma, that picture is not Amassoma

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Edu3Again: 7:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Markets in the South are all going up in flames.

Other market in Lagos is on fire, this time around its Okobaba Plank Market, Ebute Metta

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1192800162093109249

https://twitter.com/SubDeliveryZone/status/1192801573619011584

Remember Balogun market burnt not too long ago.

We all know Onitsha market burnt, what many missed is that Ughelli Market too burnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiwaDlrIo28

So now in about a month 4 markets have gone up in flames, Onitsha, Ughelli, Balogun & now Okobaba Plank Market!

With the Border Closer many will find it difficult to recover!

many people are now wondering if this is arson
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:05am On Jan 04, 2020
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Bank: Our South-East Branches Are Open / How I Use Aligator Pepper To Attract Good Luck In 2023 / GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.