Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno (11586 Views)

Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by SerKris(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2020
No correlation between the description of the incident and the picture, the description of the incident is a minor incident while the picture shows a major fire outburst, try not to add fake pictures, it's better u leave it that way.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by nauto: 7:15am On Jan 04, 2020
Nawa
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Cutehector(m): 7:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Esseite:
Maybe it should be strongly recommended that all shops must have a fire extinguishers of a certain size provided by shop owners and checked by the LGA periodically.
most sensible comment.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by eghuan1(m): 7:43am On Jan 04, 2020
Rikon:
the generator was on the deck of the building, the light tripped off about four times. So before they could know what was happening the set caught fire on top of the shops and beds(foam) were burnt, though no causality but let me say some goods were destroyed by the fire.

Thank you for explaining. My problem is that all these got burnt and police said there was no loss of property.

Does the entire market have to be burnt before the police will know or say there was loss of property?

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by vaca1: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2020
4ckz:
This is not ogbete.

The picture looks like one village market.

Thanks to Ugwuanyi, giving fire extinguishers to the traders helped a lot. Fire was already controlled before fire service came.

Definitely true. This is not ogbete
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Slimchase(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2020
Britishcoins:
Very big and unorganized market, I nearly lost the day I was searching for one medical equipment during my mom's health challenges....
I think government should demolish that market and construct more modern market

Eyaaaa... so sorry for that.
You can always contact Upright Medical Equipment Ltd for all your medical equipment issues rathar than wandering in the market.
We re here to your 100%
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Todaynews2020: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by benoly(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Britishcoins:
Very big and unorganized market, I nearly lost the day I was searching for one medical equipment during my mom's health challenges....
I think government should demolish that market and construct more modern market

Government should destroy market worth billions?. Because you don't know anyone who owns a business there? Or because you lost your bearing the day you went to the market? You're a devil.

That market is well planned as far as am concerned, you've not been to ogbete.
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by preselect(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Edu3Again:
Markets in the South are all going up in flames.

Other market in Lagos is on fire, this time around its Okobaba Plank Market, Ebute Metta

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1192800162093109249

https://twitter.com/SubDeliveryZone/status/1192801573619011584

Remember Balogun market burnt not too long ago.

We all know Onitsha market burnt, what many missed is that Ughelli Market too burnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiwaDlrIo28

So now in about a month 4 markets have gone up in flames, Onitsha, Ughelli, Balogun & now Okobaba Plank Market!

With the Border Closer many will find it difficult to recover!

many people are now wondering if this is arson

and they say we have a government. So after the onitsha fire, these folks didnt take actions to prevent another disaster? they all sat back and HOPED it wont happen again? As much as I hate Buhari, this one no be Buhari o, this na local matter. Governors and Local leaders are to blame for this one o

TUFIAKWA!!! angry
AZHIGBAKWA IHE OJOOO angry

1 Like

Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Breather77(f): 4:53am On Jan 06, 2020
id4sho:
chai, fire run for your life.
Hi, I came across your old post where you mentioned that you served in army barracks onitsha.
Please I'd like to know if it's possible for a civilian to rent a self contain apartment in the barracks.
And how good was the electricity when you stayed there?
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by midnighter(f): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2020
benoly:

Government should destroy market worth billions?. Because you don't know anyone who owns a business there? Or because you lost your bearing the day you went to the market? You're a devil.

That market is well planned as far as am concerned, you've not been to ogbete.

Lol oga, I love that market but the fact is that if you dont understand it very well you can get lost in there for days. Its too disorganised abeg
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by id4sho(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
Breather77:

Hi, I came across your old post where you mentioned that you served in army barracks onitsha.
Please I'd like to know if it's possible for a civilian to rent a self contain apartment in the barracks.
And how good was the electricity when you stayed there?
247 power supply unless there's maintenance or general power outage. civilians live in mami , some rent in barrack blocks.
cheers
Re: Ogbete Market Fire: Police Says No Casualty Was Recorded In The Inferno by Breather77(f): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
id4sho:

247 power supply unless there's maintenance or general power outage. civilians live in mami , some rent in barrack blocks.
cheers
Just saw this. Thank you for your reply smiley.
One more question: how much would a self contain cost at the mami area?

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning / Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola / Why The CBN Has To Stop Street Dollar Trades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.