Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (85785 Views)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
wirinet:

Don't mind them. Muslims feels they are free to do as they wish in Christian or other religion's dominated countries, but others must abide by islamic laws in Muslim dominated countries or states. Imagine, I can eat pork and drink Heineken in my own private space in zamfara, but want to wear hijab in Christian dominated countries or inside a private business belonging to a Christian.

Ppl can be funny , and who told u the place belong to a xtian? Whites are not like u that one that's not a Muslim is a xtian NO. Securities, medical practitioners etc widely wear hijab all over USA. Read this story well u will see that the firm has already apologized to her on the ground of the Misbehavior of Its manager. Think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by back2sender: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Yes. Cos hijab is compulsory on every Muslim woman
In countries guided by Islamic laws but I will not accept this in non moslem countries.
Companies has dress codes and if you cannot keep to the company dress code, go and create your own company and wear hijab there.
This is what played out in Osun state back then during Rauf, Christians students and babalawo children aslo wera thier own clothes to school and everywhere scatter.
Same thing also played out in UI school and the school rejected it.
Wear hijab in moslem created business and schools and not in establishment created by people who has a dress code that they want thier workers to follow

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy
Okay...next

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
back2sender:

In countries guided by Islamic laws but I will not accept this in non moslem countries.
Companies has dress codes and if you cannot keep to the company dress code, go and create your own company and wear hijab there.
This is what played out in Osun state back then during Rauf, Christians students and babalawo children aslo wera thier own clothes to school and everywhere scatter.
Same thing also played out in UI school and the school rejected it.
Wear hijab in moslem created business and schools and not in establishment created by people who has a dress code that they want thier workers to follow

And when u are here shouting d firm have rendered apology. And who are u that u are saying u won't accept that? Think
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by back2sender: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Ppl can be funny , and who told u the place belong to a xtian? Whites are not like u that one that's not a Muslim is a xtian NO. Securities, medical practitioners etc widely wear hijab all over USA. Read this story well u will see that the firm has already apologized to her on the ground of the Misbehavior of Its manager. Think
Una be wohala people anywhere una dey jare

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Americanboy35: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

Will you keep quiet there !!
God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by BilltheDON(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one

Contact me for your plain and pattern materials, senator, brocade etc... Wholesales and retail. PAY ON DELIVERY
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by back2sender: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mummymahdi:

And when u are here shouting d firm have rendered apology. And who are u that u are saying u won't accept that? Think
Let her relocate to Saudi Arabia and wear it as she likes
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
chy101:
They shouldn't bring that their terrorism to America. If they want to wear hijab they should go to Afghanistan, Iran and other Islamic terrorist countries.

U are here shouting all over America muslim women wear hijab to work. Eg securities, health personnel etc from airport u will understand what I mean
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by jchioma: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
MetaPhysical:
I guarantee you that lady's mail box is overflowing with solicitation from attorneys. If i was her boyfriend i would ask for marriage NOW!

This girl is a confirmed millionaire already. That manager fvckd up!

Sometimes, I wonder where these Yoruba muslims keep their brains.

No wonder they are bein played by the Fulani muslims.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fat fool and a potential terrorist, you should have consulted with the management before showing up with the dirty hijab. Common sense seems not to be common anymore. Chicken Express did well grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by sammyj: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
I don't know which is why I wouldn't comment on it
Ttipsy:
do bankers wear hijab up north?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Firebomber: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Is it your body?

Hopeless troll.

So out of my points naa only body you see?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by doggedfighter(f): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Americanboy35:

God bless you jare
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Victor08032:
That's part of critical rules that has to abide at any where selling beverages or delicacies because if care is not taken, before you realize it, customers will be engaging in set back at that organization.

that's normal thin that the manager did.

besides, what could have make the lady started wearing it one she didn't wearing before.
She will learn her lesson now.

me too as manager at eatery, I don't allow such nonsense.

Had it been u understood d story u would have known that the firm apologized and call her back to work. US is sane ppl country u knw
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
back2sender:

Let her relocate to Saudi Arabia and wear it as she likes

She will be in US in that very firm and will cont. Wearing hijab. The firm has apologized and call her back. What will u do about that wailer
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by tityboi: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by cooltola(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

See your reasoning you that's claiming others are jumping into conclusion. You know the Constitution better than his American employer.
She's at home now you can employ her
Well the constitution is the law of the land, her employer violated her rights.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Even if it's compulsory can't she take a break by taking it off at work? Will that stop her from being a muslim?

It won't stop her from being a Muslim but when she decide to wear it who are u to ask her to take it off.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Bimpe29: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Really, people are not to be retrained for respecting other people's religion.
Those half naked girls are not disrespected or bullied, but ladies in Hijab are.

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Firebomber: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mummymahdi:

So why are you.mumuslim masturbating on the issue?

Lol. So because security and other sectors allow it now mean the private sector should allow it by force?��

And mind you, the company still have there stands on no hijab they only apologized because you troll feel offended by there comment.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Gforce2019: 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
All these Muslim hypocrite. She wore hijab and the next foto, she wore jeans trousers.
All these religion peddlers can't stop surprising us. They will always use the religion to make trouble...some establish his business with dressing ethics and after you were employed, you then want to prove a point. You could have proved that point by rejecting the job offers. Confusionist religion people.

Tueh!
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by semyman: 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Islamphobic bigots
You will all still be Muslims at last

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by 2chukwu(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
In 2020 too!! This one madness is still confirm factory fitted..
BuhariAdvocate:
Ipob propaganda. Just to paint yoruba bad.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Americanboy35: 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abeg how did coleman turn to folake o? Shes been a muslim all along
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Firebomber: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Is it your body?

Is it her company?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by cooltola(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
midnighter:

Its not about the hijab. Its the way she went about it. See how haphazardly she threw the scarf on her head. If you look at Islamic fashion there are so many nice styles you can use to tie that stuff and look good. She is just trying to provoke.

That hijab is not suitable for working in fast food with the way its dangling. Moreover the colour does not rhyme with the uniform. She didnt even try to blend it

She should have worn a grey or red hijab and used a short cloth that will look neat and professional and not with tassels that will be dipping in and out of the food and soiling everywhere

And she should have taken time out to consult with her manager and not announcing to everybody that she "will be wearing hijab soon" so that the manager wont feel like shes trying to take licence.

At least there are ways of doing things when dealing with human beings

Does the Iman of a Muslim include being stupid in the workplace Why didnt she discuss with her manager about how her hijab will comply with workplace regulation and food safety and hygiene beforehand?

What is persecution and discrimination there? What about "Al-Hikmah"?

Still they violated her rights. Her head was covered well so her hair will not enter with food preparation. I work in a restaurant before so I know I am writing about. The law is the law whether employer agrees or do not agree in which they must comply and obey. And she has the right in which she went about it, it is called freedom of speech. She should hire lawyers and sue the restaurant for violating her rights.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by cooltola(m): 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Firebomber:

And the same US constitution give the company right to choose dressing code. No one is stopping your terrorist sister from wearing hijab but not in the work that have dressing code. Hope you are okay now?
Dress code does not discriminate against wearing a hijab at a work place in the US constitution and the employers know that and to assume she is terrorist because she coverted to islam is just wrong .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by iammolise(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Why we just too carry religion 4 head like plantain chips
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by perdollar(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
I think its time Christians should start killing those who left Christianity for Islam bc it is blasphemy. enough of all this peace things, peace wasn't our slogan n those whose slogan it is make mockery of it, though its part of there deceptive nature.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by klax(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ogunnnowos:
see how you are boiling over this,Mr man I just hope you won't later bury yourself with hate soon

It's not about hate you people can be so annoying and act disgustingly.

And you are the one dem bury and not me.

Bitch!!!
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by rusher14: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
I'm still searching for the name Folake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.