Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? (24214 Views)

I Need Tips For Softening My Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Instipio: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Use ori

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Kingsteve(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
I keep afro, so these are my tips for making it soft.
(1) Using a good relaxer when there's undergrowth.
I use original touch up plus moisturizing relaxer for coarse hair.

(2) I shampoo and condition my hair twice every week
I use V05

(3) I apply shear butter every morning and night after each bath.

That's all really.
My hair is quite fluffy and soft.
The ladies love it!

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Get a comb thru relaxer for black men. It sure would do the trick.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by aimuan(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
crackhaus:
Shave it and keep it low.

A lot of women would have spent an average of 38000hrs on their hair by the time they turn 50yrs old...that's 38000 unproductive hours of their life.

Even sleeping is more valuable.
looking good is a good business. not everyone look good on low cut. hair is the beauty of a women according to Bible.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by solsticey2k3(m): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Soak d hair till d next day undecided

As a guy, you no need soft hair na. Unless of course u b lady
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
your hair problem is caused by lack of s*x , try improve on it and see your hair come out fine , you can tanx me later
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by 1Sharon(f): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
OkunrinMeta:
I have noticed that most of us men don't care about personal grooming. If your hair is l stubborn, most men would simply cut it low instead of looking for a way to make it soft and style it in a way that looks better.

I am not one of those men. I love my hair. So I do the following:

1. Relaxer: This only softens it. I comb my hair while the relaxer is in it. It trains the hair to allow me comb in that direction. Please note that my hair is so tough that you wouldn't even know after I applied relaxer, once it's dried. The main effect is that is much easier to comb for the next 1 week or 2. I use ebony relaxer, it's cheap and it helps darken my Grey hair.

2. Conditioner: I recommend leave in conditioner. Be very generous with it. But buy one that you like the smell. So that'll encourage you to use it. Apply generously to your hair then use a big enough comb.

3.Comb at midday: if your hair is as stubborn as mine. Combing once a day may not cut it. Put a comb in your car, laptop bag or pocket so you can quickly use it during the day. You simply entre a rest room and comb your hair, it's allowed.

For those of you that would say I am less of a man for doing all that. Don't worry, I agree with you. Yall are the real men. I am the man that likes my hair and how I look.

grin

Why don't you cut your hair instead of applying unhealthy relaxer? undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
Can you educate me better?

XX01:
Softsheen carson wave nouveau.
Buy the original. Works like magic.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by folake4u(f): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
My hair is full, thick and coarse but I've been able to manage it by using natural sulphate free shampoo and leave in conditioner, I use Cantu leave-in conditioner by the way. The smell is refreshing.

Next you can manage your hair by applying a daily mist from a spray bottle. For my spraying mist, I use water, glycerin, small amount of leave in and melted Shea butter for moisture and softness.

Yes, one more thing, don't use Shea butter in its hard state oh, melt it in fire, when cool apply on hair, your hair would stretch and be soft.

You can also apply avocado oil on it too for softness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by DaddyMorenike: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Semen.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by PerseDew(f): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
1. Whenever your hair is not made, always put it in big plaits of 2 or 4 or big cornrows just don't leave your hair like that for instance after combing except you intend to wear it that way when leaving the house.
2. If you know you will keep loosing the big plaits or cornrows cos you want to make an afro or style your natural hair to go out, pls just get your hair done.
3. If you are adult get yourself about 3 wigs to start with. Try braided wigs too (preferably done with frontal) if you feel odd in them human hair.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Sterope(f): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Lol grin
crackhaus:

A lot of women would have spent an average of 38000hrs on their hair by the time they turn 50yrs old...that's 38000 unproductive hours of their life.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by divineappo(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2020
XX01:
Softsheen carson wave nouveau.

Buy the original. Works like magic.
pls can u help with a pics , there are different types out there,

need pics so I can know the original u talking about pls
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Cutezt(m): 12:13am On Jan 08, 2020
Battling the same issue here, will like to learn

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 08, 2020
Use this it is fantastic.

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 08, 2020
Mutemenot:
Does that include kpekus hair Asking for my friend kiss

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by MissSlimbody(f): 12:38am On Jan 08, 2020
OkunrinMeta:
I have noticed that most of us men don't care about personal grooming. If your hair is l stubborn, most men would simply cut it low instead of looking for a way to make it soft and style it in a way that looks better.

1. Relaxer: This only softens it. I comb my hair while the relaxer is in it. It trains the hair to allow me comb in that direction. Please note that my hair is so tough that you wouldn't even know after I applied relaxer, once it's dried. The main effect is that is much easier to comb for the next 1 week or 2. I use ebony relaxer, it's cheap and it helps darken my Grey hair.

2. Conditioner: I recommend leave in conditioner. Be very generous with it. But buy one that you like the smell. So that'll encourage you to use it. Apply generously to your hair then use a big enough comb.

3.Comb at midday: if your hair is as stubborn as mine. Combing once a day may not cut it. Put a comb in your car, laptop bag or pocket so you can quickly use it during the day. You simply entre a rest room and comb your hair, it's allowed.

For those of you that would say I am less of a man for doing all that. Don't worry, I agree with you. Yall are the real men. I am the man that likes my hair and how I look.

I wish I could like your comment a thousand times.
You are the real deal. ���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by biggy26: 12:39am On Jan 08, 2020
sleit:
I've got coarse hair that's difficult to comb unless I thread it.

Kindly share softening tips.
There's a hair softener that sells for around 2,500#, stylist recommended it.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by shogsman(m): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2020
OkunrinMeta:

Only kids keep hairs, if you is a grown ass man you gotta shave every bit of that shit.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Kingsteve(m): 12:44am On Jan 08, 2020
shogsman:

Only kids keep hairs, if you is a grown ass man you gotta shave every bit of that shit.

Only confident and stylish men keep well groomed hair.
We don't follow the crowd.
We stand out!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Mariangeles(f): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2020
[s]
crackhaus:

[/s]
TRASH!

Why are some men so annoying ? Ehn ?
What is your damn business with how much time women spend on their hair ? angry
People like you will still make negative comments about a woman who's bald .
Women's lives does not center around what men want.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Originalsly: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2020
Brand: Mane and Tail.... water based. Various hair products.... excellent for ehmmm..... wire brush hair type. This one should work for you... if it doesn't...three options... dreadlocks.... low cut or bald head.

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by shogsman(m): 12:50am On Jan 08, 2020
Kingsteve:

Only confident and stylish men keep well groomed hair.
We don't follow the crowd.
We stand out!
So you telling me,you're gonna get married,raise kids and still wear punk like a teenager.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Kingsteve(m): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2020
shogsman:

So you telling me,you're gonna get married,raise kids and still wear punk like a teenager.
Not punk bro!
This

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by cococandy(f): 1:15am On Jan 08, 2020
In no particular order

1)
comb in sections. From the tips to the roots. Helps reduce breakage.
2)
when not styled in box braids or other styles, save hair in large twists or braids to reduce tangling prior to styling.
3)
Detangle and style with a large tooth comb
4)
don’t comb when dry or wet. Comb when damp.
5)
oils are your friend. Use oils when hair is wet or damp to seal in moisture. Oil is a sealant. If you apply when hair is dry, it will seal in the dryness. Dryness is an enemy to our hair texture.
6) avoid styles that are too hard on the edges.

These are the tips I use for my baby’s hair and she has the most glorious head of hair. . I usually just wear braids for myself. no time grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Yankee101: 2:20am On Jan 08, 2020
Coconut oil
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by fyneboi79(m): 2:21am On Jan 08, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

That reply was fallacious.
As fallacious as your fake marriage to a maga...
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Victorclean1: 2:33am On Jan 08, 2020
Quassam Suleimani will be enjoying her 72 virgins in the kingdom of Allah
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 08, 2020
when next u go to the supermarket ask them if they have MURRAY"S BLACK BEESWAX.Its a nice hair cream and its what i have been using on my hair.It makes your hair look good and easy to comb and your hair will glow under the sun.Here is a sample of the hair cream.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 08, 2020
OkunrinMeta:

lol i cut my hair monthly but i dont shave it to bald headed level(stone cold steve austin type abolo)..i just trim it down a little to make it look neat then i use hair cream.but for using hair relaxers..hmmm grin grin...if i may ask are u a christ embassy member? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Kingsteve:

Not punk bro!
This
in naija maintaining afro is very costly for the average naija guy oooo.u forget that is overseas where u can get cheap good hair products for maintaining your afro cheesy.the best the average naija guy can do is shave all his hair and leave his cranium bald grin.the lucky ones that find it hard to grow hair on their cranium will rub palm kennel oil or vaseline on top their bald cranium to make it glow like Glo cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Video: How To Do A Proper Eyebrow Fill / How Do I Get A Good Costmetologist In Lagos To Make A Good Tone Cream? / Tiana Uche Michael Crowned Queen Of South East Nigeria Pageant Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.