Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,069 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? (24125 Views)

I Need Tips For Softening My Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by sleit: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
I've got coarse hair that's difficult to comb unless I thread it.

Kindly share softening tips.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by okirewaju(f): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
I use Ori for my daughter's hair and it softens for a bit so I can comb

Secondly, only comb when its damp.

23 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by sisisioge: 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Conditioner...conditioner...coconut oil...Shea butter...good luck.

26 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Add hair mayonnaise

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by crackhaus: 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shave it and keep it low.

A lot of women would have spent an average of 38000hrs on their hair by the time they turn 50yrs old...that's 38000 unproductive hours of their life.

Even sleeping is more valuable.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Cutiekatty: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
If its natural black hair all you have to do is first, spray or sprinkle some distilled (boiled and cool)water on your hair,then apply your hair cream to your hair and comb.

Do this anytime you want to comb your hair. It will be very soft. And always remember to cover your hair with a silk scarf before bedtime.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
sleit:

Greenhouse method works.

Apply extra virgin olive oil to damp hair and wrap overnight.

You can add shea butter to the hair in the morning to lock in the moisture.

Spraying a mixture of olive oil + glycerine & rose water regularly before styling or making works for me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:27am On Jan 05, 2020
crackhaus:

A lot of women would have spent an average of 38000hrs on their hair by the time they turn 50yrs old...that's 38000 unproductive hours of their life.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by crackhaus: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
crackhaus:

What?

That reply was fallacious.
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by crackhaus: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

That reply was fallacious.
Is that all? grin
You should try disproving the fallacy na.

Okay let me help you out:
How many hours on average do you spend getting your hair made the first time (every 2weeks), and how long on average do you spend getting it ready each day before you go out?
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
crackhaus:

crackhaus:

Is that all? grin
You should try disproving the fallacy na.

Okay let me help you out:
How many hours on average do you spend getting your hair made the first time (every 2weeks), and how long on average do you spend getting it ready each day before you go out?

I want to know something, what exactly pisses you off about women Crackhaus, is it our very existence? Or every single thing we do? This is me asking a question out of curiosity, not otherwise or whatever you think.

31 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by lilyheaven: 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
Shear butter all the way
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by crackhaus: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I want to know something, what exactly pisses you off about women Crackhaus, is it our very existence? Or every single thing we do? This is me asking a question out of curiosity, not otherwise or whatever you think.
This is me trying to respond as civilly as I can:

1. What gives you the impression that I am bothered by your assumptions about me enough to want to deny, confirm, or explain anything?

2. Why do you even care in the first place?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by XX01(f): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
Softsheen carson wave nouveau.

Buy the original. Works like magic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by YorubaKing: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by FuckAllTheMODs: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Relaxer
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by AntiWailer: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
relax it na
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Mutemenot(m): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Does that include kpekus hair Asking for my friend kiss
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
crackhaus:

Kogheribe

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Samietbig: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
crackhaus:

You would have spent an average 26000hrs making comments like this by the time you turn 50yrs old...that's 26000 unproductive hours of you life.

Even saying nothing at all is more valuable

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nastofar(f): 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
crackhaus:

lolzzz sounds like my brother! Eko guys

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by OkunrinMeta: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
crackhaus:

This is me trying to respond as civilly as I can:

1. What gives you the impression that I am bothered by your assumptions about me enough to want to deny, confirm, or explain anything?

2. Why do you even care in the first place?

Did you just insult all women and ask why a woman cares about your comment?

16 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by iCauseTrouble: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sprinkle petrol and light it. It will get soft shocked

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
sleit:

texturizer,leave-in conditioner,Shea butter....

#teamnatural

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by OkunrinMeta: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
I have noticed that most of us men don't care about personal grooming. If your hair is l stubborn, most men would simply cut it low instead of looking for a way to make it soft and style it in a way that looks better.

I am not one of those men. I love my hair. So I do the following:

1. Relaxer: This only softens it. I comb my hair while the relaxer is in it. It trains the hair to allow me comb in that direction. Please note that my hair is so tough that you wouldn't even know after I applied relaxer, once it's dried. The main effect is that is much easier to comb for the next 1 week or 2. I use ebony relaxer, it's cheap and it helps darken my Grey hair.

2. Conditioner: I recommend leave-in conditioner. Be very generous with it. But buy one that you like the smell. So that'll encourage you to use it. Apply generously to your hair then use a big enough comb.

3.Comb at midday: if your hair is as stubborn as mine. Combing once a day may not cut it. Put a comb in your car, laptop bag or pocket so you can quickly use it during the day. You simply entre a rest room and comb your hair, it's allowed.

For those of you that would say I am less of a man for doing all that. Don't worry, I agree with you. Ya'll are the real men. I am just the man that likes my hair and how I look.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by bobbyL(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Get a sulfate-free shampoo as well as a conditioner e.g. Cantu. DO NOT wash your hair daily. Say every 1 to 2 weeks; some even go longer, depends on you, your hair length and style, weather etc. Get maybe coconut oil, olive oil etc for daily application to give some shine. Coarse hair can be something else but with consistent use of conditioners, you should be fine.

I assume you do not want to keep it natural, else relaxer is simply the way to go.

And I agree with the comb comment above.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by LUGBE: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ok
Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by LOVEGINO(m): 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Use "oga wash am wash am"

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by Daviddson(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
This crack guy and his penchant for silly and misogynistic comments.

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your Tips For Softening Coarse Hair? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
sassysure:
Add hair mayonnaise

And hair jam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Annie Idibia Goes From Sweet To Naughty Girl In New Magazine / My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) / Dressing Tips For Different Female Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.