Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? (733 Views)

Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / Donald Trump Bombarded With Insults By Twitter Followers (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by chizgold80: 5:28am On Jan 06, 2020
Yesterday, a Nigerian wrote an infantile screed about why he supports Donald Trump. Okay, he has a right to be an idiot. But he did not stop right there; he went on and on talking about Barack Obama and how he did nothing for Nigeria, how he helped elect Buhari Nigeria’s president and so on.
For the records, there is not one shred of evidence that Obama played a role in the election of Buhari; he did not come to Nigeria to vote for Buhari.

That notwithstanding the man took his conjecture as true.

Regarding whether Obama helped Africans or not, that is up for debate. For what it is worth, let me state that it is the US Congress that appropriates money spent by America’s government and determines the amount given by the US in foreign Aid; it is not the president that determines US foreign Aid.

The US Congress appropriates about $19 billion dollars annually for foreign Aid. That money is generally used for US national interest calculations. They give money to nations that serve their strategic national interests not because they like you. If your country happens to be of interest to them they give you money. It is Congress that gives that money, not the president.

The USA foreign Aid to Africans during the Obama administration was about the same as under George Bush administration.

In case you need to be reminded of facts then know that to America Africa is not a relevant geopolitical area. Indeed, Africa is not even mentioned in US newspapers. Africans may have delusions of their importance the fact is that North America and Western Europe does not pay attention to them.

Open the New Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Time (America’s three major Newspapers) and see if Africa is mentioned in months (unless Africans killing themselves become so outrageous that they cannot be totally ignored so a line or two is devoted to the latest Africans killing themselves, as in the Congo Democratic Republic, Somalia, Sudan, Liberia, Sierra Leone).

The fact is that nothing good economically comes out of Africa. Africa is a place where some Western companies come to get raw materials, such as oil, gold, diamond but beyond that Africa is irrelevant in the world’s political economy; people outside Africa do not pay much attention to Africa.

Consider: Nigeria fancies itself rich, the giant of Africa. The budget of Nigeria’s central government is about $26 billion dollars annually (and much of that money goes to paying for the swollen workers of the federal government and what is left is stolen by politicians so that only a few million dollars is devoted to capital projects).

For the purposes of comparison, consider that the budget of my Alma Mata, University of California is $26 billion dollars.

If your government’s budget is the same as the budget of a university in the USA that tells you that your country is irrelevant in the world’s economy. Did you get that point into your thick head or would you still be running around saying that you are from a rich country? Africans do not know how ridiculously poor they are!

Obama was the first black President of the USA. During much of his administration, the Republican Party of Racist Americans controlled Congress.
White racists do not even think that Africans are human beings and therefore do not care to help Africa.

Racist Republicans who controlled Congress did not permit Obama to do for Africa more than Bush did. This does not make Obama useless for Africa, as the idiot that I am responding to said in his drivel.

Now, how about Trump, is he helping Africa? He has been in office for three years. What has he done for Africa? Why is he better for Africa than Obama?

I have not done a study of Trump’s economic policy towards Africa. My hunch is that he probably does not give Africa foreign aid beyond the level that Obama did. I further suspect that he probably has reduced that aid from Obama’s levels and would eliminate it entirely if he could, if black

Americans in Congress would not fight him.

Trump has made it crystal clear that he does not want black and Latino (brown) immigrants in the USA. He says that Nigerians live in primitive huts. He called Africa shithole.

He said that he wants immigrants only from the whitest countries, such as Norway, Sweden and Denmark to come to the USA.

The man probably closes his nose when he is around Africans and Latinos (does he have a business venture in Nigeria, Africa?).

I bet you that if one did a study of the level of visas offered by the USA embassy at Nigeria under Obama and Trump that it would be less during the Trump era.

READ MORE: https://ikengachronicles.com/you-are-african-and-you-support-donald-trump-eh/

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by zoedew: 5:38am On Jan 06, 2020
We will do well to do good for ourselves rather than lamenting how Trump does not like us. Only God genuinely loves without the consideration for what is in it for Him!

1 Like

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Nukilia: 5:39am On Jan 06, 2020
The last time, I could remember the Northern governors visited Obama and advised him to stop the sales of weapons to the Jonathan government. This led to a heavy casualty on the sides of the military and promoted the activities of boko haram. That to me is a treasonable offence on the side of the Northern governors.
Jonathan failed the nation by refusing to jail the traitors for sabotaging the Nigerian state. undecided

4 Likes

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:39am On Jan 06, 2020
This is total crap!
Obama was stopped from helping Africans by whites ??
But whites couldn't stop hin from allowing same sex marriage and transgender bathrooms! Just thank your stars hillary Clinton didn't win the elections. Your issue is you watch too much CNN

This is a video of Obama telling Nigerians they need "change" in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DVBY1H6o5d1E&ved=2ahUKEwjas5WBk-7mAhWvThUIHYRQCa8Qo7QBMAN6BAgAEAg&usg=AOvVaw3kweNJlSiIebRxFH5PYSyz

1 Like

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by potent5(m): 5:46am On Jan 06, 2020
chizgold80:
Yesterday, a Nigerian wrote an infantile screed about why he supports Donald Trump. Okay, he has a right to be an idiot. But he did not stop right there; he went on and on talking about Barack Obama and how he did nothing for Nigeria, how he helped elect Buhari Nigeria’s president and so on.
For the records, there is not one shred of evidence that Obama played a role in the election of Buhari; he did not come to Nigeria to vote for Buhari.

That notwithstanding the man took his conjecture as true.

Regarding whether Obama helped Africans or not, that is up for debate. For what it is worth, let me state that it is the US Congress that appropriates money spent by America’s government and determines the amount given by the US in foreign Aid; it is not the president that determines US foreign Aid.

The US Congress appropriates about $19 billion dollars annually for foreign Aid. That money is generally used for US national interest calculations. They give money to nations that serve their strategic national interests not because they like you. If your country happens to be of interest to them they give you money. It is Congress that gives that money, not the president.

The USA foreign Aid to Africans during the Obama administration was about the same as under George Bush administration.

In case you need to be reminded of facts then know that to America Africa is not a relevant geopolitical area. Indeed, Africa is not even mentioned in US newspapers. Africans may have delusions of their importance the fact is that North America and Western Europe does not pay attention to them.

Open the New Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Time (America’s three major Newspapers) and see if Africa is mentioned in months (unless Africans killing themselves become so outrageous that they cannot be totally ignored so a line or two is devoted to the latest Africans killing themselves, as in the Congo Democratic Republic, Somalia, Sudan, Liberia, Sierra Leone).

The fact is that nothing good economically comes out of Africa. Africa is a place where some Western companies come to get raw materials, such as oil, gold, diamond but beyond that Africa is irrelevant in the world’s political economy; people outside Africa do not pay much attention to Africa.

Consider: Nigeria fancies itself rich, the giant of Africa. The budget of Nigeria’s central government is about $26 billion dollars annually (and much of that money goes to paying for the swollen workers of the federal government and what is left is stolen by politicians so that only a few million dollars is devoted to capital projects).

For the purposes of comparison, consider that the budget of my Alma Mata, University of California is $26 billion dollars.

If your government’s budget is the same as the budget of a university in the USA that tells you that your country is irrelevant in the world’s economy. Did you get that point into your thick head or would you still be running around saying that you are from a rich country? Africans do not know how ridiculously poor they are!

Obama was the first black President of the USA. During much of his administration, the Republican Party of Racist Americans controlled Congress.
White racists do not even think that Africans are human beings and therefore do not care to help Africa.

Racist Republicans who controlled Congress did not permit Obama to do for Africa more than Bush did. This does not make Obama useless for Africa, as the idiot that I am responding to said in his drivel.

Now, how about Trump, is he helping Africa? He has been in office for three years. What has he done for Africa? Why is he better for Africa than Obama?

I have not done a study of Trump’s economic policy towards Africa. My hunch is that he probably does not give Africa foreign aid beyond the level that Obama did. I further suspect that he probably has reduced that aid from Obama’s levels and would eliminate it entirely if he could, if black

Americans in Congress would not fight him.

Trump has made it crystal clear that he does not want black and Latino (brown) immigrants in the USA. He says that Nigerians live in primitive huts. He called Africa shithole.

He said that he wants immigrants only from the whitest countries, such as Norway, Sweden and Denmark to come to the USA.

The man probably closes his nose when he is around Africans and Latinos (does he have a business venture in Nigeria, Africa?).

I bet you that if one did a study of the level of visas offered by the USA embassy at Nigeria under Obama and Trump that it would be less during the Trump era.

READ MORE: https://ikengachronicles.com/you-are-african-and-you-support-donald-trump-eh/
OP, park one side. Nonsense and ingredient.

3 Likes

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by madridguy(m): 6:00am On Jan 06, 2020
Can you help the house with pictures of the meeting.

Nukilia:
The last time, I could remember the Northern governors visited Obama and advised him to stop the sales of weapons to the Jonathan government. This led to a heavy casualty on the sides of the military and promoted the activities of boko haram. That to me is a treasonable offence on the side of the Northern governors.
Jonathan failed the nation by refusing to jail the traitors for sabotaging the Nigerian state. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by fredoooooo: 6:02am On Jan 06, 2020
All these I too know people don start again ... grin
The moment they start throwing statistics , they believe they know it all grin grin
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by helinues: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2020
Summary pls
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by RealLordZeus(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2020
helinues:
Summary pls
It's too early to be lazy grin grin grin
Well OP, you should have gather more info for us to reach a logical conclusion, Assumption and I don't know are too much in the article
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by LUGBE: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2020
Rubbish write up, so Obama must come to Nigeria to vote buhari before we know he supported him. Look at you calling someones and his opinion idiot.

This type of rubbish should not make FB

1 Like

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by allthingsgood: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2020
I actually enjoyed this read, save for the unnecessary insults

But the truth is that most people who link Obama to buhari and support trump, only do that out of frustration. They hate buhari and just need someone to blame, plus no brain to actually think rationally.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by uninspired07: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2020
OP, Obama helped install Muslim leaders all over the World. Obama himself is a closet Muslim who helped millions of Muslims immigrate & settle in Minnesota & Michigan — that’s why Ilhan Omar & Rashida Tlaib could get elected to Congress.

Personally, I support & love Trump more than I could ever like Obama because Trump is the only thing stopping Buhari from going all out to wipe out Christians from Nigeria & implement strict Sharia law over Nigeria.

If you do not know the extent of persecution Christians face under Buhari, you can never appreciate Donald.J.Trump.

1 Like

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by allthingsgood: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2020
LUGBE:
Rubbish write up, so Obama must come to Nigeria to vote buhari before we know he supported him. Look at you calling someones and his opinion idiot.

This type of rubbish should not make FB

What exactly did obama do to support buhari Think with ur brain and stop following unfounded rhetorics
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by uninspired07: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2020
allthingsgood:
I actually enjoyed this read, save for the unnecessary insults

But the truth is that most people who link Obama to buhari and support trump, only do that out of frustration. They hate buhari and just need someone to blame, plus no brain to actually think rationally.

But the truth is that there’s actually a link between Obama & Buhari. Obama helped install Buhari by threatening Jonathan who was too afraid to stand his ground against an Islamic gang on his rule. That’s water under the bridge now though. What we thank God for us that the republicans are watching Nigeria closely following intelligence reports of religious persecution. That is enough to keep extremists, that want to extend the persecution of Christians to the south at bay. The Christians in the north are suffering greatly amid their own Muslim brothers.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by allthingsgood: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
This is total crap!
But whites couldn't stop hin from allowing same sex marriage and transgender bathrooms! Just thank your stars hillary Clinton didn't win the elections. Your issue is you watch too much CNN

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DVBY1H6o5d1E&ved=2ahUKEwjas5WBk-7mAhWvThUIHYRQCa8Qo7QBMAN6BAgAEAg&usg=AOvVaw3kweNJlSiIebRxFH5PYSyz

Una get sense at all Same sex marriage is legal in most Western countries, why didn't u accuse Germany or UK of supporting buhari. BTW, aren't the whites the biggest promoters of gay marriage again Hian okorigba undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by allthingsgood: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2020
uninspired07:

But the truth is that there’s actually a link between Obama & Buhari. Obama helped install Buhari by threatening Jonathan who was too afraid to stand his ground against an Islamic gang on his rule. That’s water under the bridge now though. What we thank God for us that the republicans are watching Nigeria closely following intelligence reports of religious persecution. That is enough to keep extremists, that want to extend the persecution of Christians to the south at bay. The Christians in the north are suffering greatly amid their own Muslim brothers.

Omg! What is wrong with u guys Lol

AMERICA DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT U IR YOUR COUNTRY!! Why is that so hard for u to grasp. Neither Obama, trump or Hilary gives a shit about u. Lol

And Islamic gang Who are the members of this fictitious gang Biko.

2 Likes

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Seventy7kings: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2020
OP, those hypocrites know that Trump has done nothing for Africa. Is it not the Trump that said he didn't want black immigrants? That called our country 'shithole'? They only hate Obama probably because they believe that he helped General Buhari to power. You people should get over GEJ loss in 2015 general elections, Nigerians voted him out, stop blaming Obama.

What wrong did Obama do to us that you hate him and what good did Trump do for us that you hail him?

1 Like

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by chozzy: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2020
OP, how old are you?
I stopped reading your post when said "there is not one shred of evidence that Obama played a role in the election of Buhari; he did not come to Nigeria to vote for Buhari"

Perhaps you are too naive to understand how nations interred in elections

Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Seventy7kings: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
This is total crap!

of course we needed change in 2015.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2020
Again I ask what did Obama do for Africa?
I would admit he is a very good orator

allthingsgood:

Una get sense at all Same sex marriage is legal in most Western countries, why didn't u accuse Germany or UK of supporting buhari. BTW, aren't the whites the biggest promoters of gay marriage again Hian okorigba undecided
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2020
Seventy7kings:
of course we needed change in 2015. The fact that General Buhari is worse doesn't means Nigeria made mistake by voting out GEJ.

My point is that he interfered in Nigeria's polity.
The OP asked for proof and I gave him
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Blazebond(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Abeg this Na morning you hear,make everybody choose whom Dem like,life Na choice,make we face Nigeria problem so as to solve am.if we get serious about our Nigerian problems and solve them,we won't be needing another nations visas to escape to.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Subduer: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Obama is a Betrayer. I live in Nigeria. Using Igbo name can't help you. Trump kills Jihadists/Terrorists. Tell what's wrong with that.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Subduer: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
Seventy7kings:
of course we needed change in 2015. The fact that General Buhari is worse doesn't means Nigeria made mistake by voting out GEJ.
Now you have chains, less electricity, Cattle colony, killer herdsmen, $81b foreign debt according to Obasanjo, Rubber Stamp Senate, ...
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Subduer: 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Seventy7kings:

What wrong did Obama do to us that you hate him and what good did Trump do for us that you hail him?
If you live in Nigeria you won't be asking questions like primary school children. Or are you just trolling.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Horus(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7PWcPPV-Q

Trump's 'shithole countries' remark is racist, says UN
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Temple1288(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
As an African I've no reason to hate Donald Trump..

If at all he said Africa is a shîthole, then he's not far from the truth. Africa more than that!

Talking about Obama who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to better the condition of Africa.
Libya is a testament of Obama's Burger eating time in the White House. Obama, even as Senator did nothing positively to Black communities in Chicago. Just like Late Congressman Elijah Cummings!

A man who couldn't render anything to Kenya and left there angrily because their President disagreed with him.

I could remember 2008 when I rejoiced. I said to myself "THERE'S HOPE FOR AFRICA"
But alas, Obama disappointed me. He even won more than the 43% he was hoping for in White dominated zones.

Black Africans are too emotional and that's why we accept mediocrity just because HE'S OUR OWN!

Even as much as you hate President Trump, you won't deny the fact that he's left Africa to govern themselves. He doesn't interfere unlike the days of Clinton, and Bush.. Hillary Clinton is as evil as the devil but Obama wanted to choke her into the throats of American..

The unemployment in America reduced.. Seriously, it's better to sound mean, tough, foolish, less educated, politically incorrect but TELL ME THE TRUTH AND DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED!
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Seventy7kings: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
Subduer:
If you live in Nigeria you won't be asking questions like primary school children. Or are you just trolling.
you could have just answered the question.
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Seventy7kings: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Subduer:

Now you have chains, less electricity, Cattle colony, killer herdsmen, $81b foreign debt according to Obasanjo, Rubber Stamp Senate, ...
how is that Obama's fault? And why hasn't the almighty Trump done something to help us? I hope you all understand that voting Buhari in was solely Nigerians' decision and not Obama's
Re: You Are African And You Support Donald Trump, Eh? by Temple1288(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Seventy7kings:
OP, those hypocrites know that Trump has done nothing for Africa. Is it not the Trump that said he didn't want black immigrants? That called our country 'shithole'? They only hate Obama probably because they believe that he helped General Buhari to power. You people should get over GEJ loss in 2015 general elections, Nigerians voted him out, stop blaming Obama.

Is Africa less than a shîthole?

(1) (Reply)

Lieutenant Colonel Of The Armed Forces Of Ukraine Rostislav Lomtev Surrendered. / West African Terrorists Target GHANA As New Epicentre / Ukraine Accuse Russia Of Producing New Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.