Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ (40931 Views)

Russia Bans Biden, Zuckerberg, 961 Americans From Entering The Country / Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others / 10 Countries That Are Number One In Terrible Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Humphrizy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
President Donald Trump boasted Monday that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told him at dinner he is “number one” on the global social media platform.

“I had dinner with Mark Zuckerberg the other day and he said ‘I’d like to congratulate you… you are number one on Facebook,'” Trump said.

The president, speaking in a live interview with right-wing radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, did not specify when the dinner happened.

A spokesman for Facebook said the last such dinner took place in October.

The president noted the importance of social media to his messaging, which depends on bypassing much of the professional news media, which he accuses of bias against him.

READ ALSO: Indonesian Jailed For Life As UK’s ‘Most Prolific’ Rapist

Trump, who has nearly 70 million followers on Twitter, told Limbaugh that without the platform, “I think we’d be lost.”

“We wouldn’t be able to get the truth out,” he said.

US social media platforms have come under criticism for enabling misinformation and fake news in the build-up to the 2020 presidential election.

Trump himself has repeatedly used Facebook and Twitter to push untrue statements and conspiracy theories.

Both those platforms have responded by saying they will not attempt to weed out lies from politicians because their statements fall under the category of “newsworthy” content.

Trump is number one on Facebook in terms of political ad spending, leading to accusations that the company is unduly influenced by the Republican.

At the October dinner at the White House, Trump and Zuckerberg were reportedly joined by Facebook board member Peter Thiel.

After, Democratic presidential candidate Senator Elizabeth Warren called for transparency over Facebook’s links to Trump.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/06/trump-says-zuckerberg-told-him-hes-facebooks-number-one

3 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by BREYZ: 5:04am On Jan 07, 2020
Lol. Trump the drama King.
American showbiz president grin

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by leofab(f): 5:32am On Jan 07, 2020
Na wah
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by omlueh(m): 5:42am On Jan 07, 2020
One of the best President America has ever Produced, taken back Jerusalem to the Israeli, and dealing with all the Arab Terrorist, Kudos to you Mr President

314 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by APCNig: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2020
Mark Zuckerberg also told me that I am number one

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by jieta: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2020
omlueh:
One of the best President America has ever Produced, taken back Jerusalem to the Israeli, and dealing with all the Arab Terrorist, Kudos to you Mr President
And when the Arab start returning the favor then we will know if trump have indeed don well

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by deboysben(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump my man cool

That year

5 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by maynation(f): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2020
The way Trump shakes people ehn..

E dey give me joy. grin cheesy

His handshake shows confidence and 'I'm in charge'.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by realstars: 9:15am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump nø1, Putin no2, please what number is Buhari ?

13 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by maynation(f): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2020
realstars:
Trump nø1, Putin no2, please what number is Buhari ?
Number 195. grin grin

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by GamalNasser: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2020
4 time Billionaire
King of reality TV
Founder of Miss Universe Pageant
Founder of Miss Teen America pageant
Founder of Miss America pageant
Real Estate Mogul
Actor
WWE actor
Philanthropist
Super Model Playboy
winery owner
Best golf course owner
First person to win US Presidency without being a prior politician
Destroyer of ISIS
Slayer of Albagdadi
Slayer of Terrorist Soleimani
Destroyer of the Ayatollah system( loading)
Master of US Macro and Micro Economics
Unemployment killer
Number one on Twitter
Number one on Facebook

Stand up for man wey Sabi , a man after God's heart , A man in whom God is so pleased . GOD BLESS DONALD TRUMP

280 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by osamz007: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump my man
Iran's nightmare

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Daviddson(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2020
When is our Seuun going to meet Buhari?

7 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by StarUp: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
That's their headache...

By the way, if you see me talking to myself, just go your way, I am self employed and we are having staff meeting.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by ainas247: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
embarassed Like or Hate Him...
Trump has balls.....

2020 You need SEO for your business
Come let rank your website on Google
get more clients.
Chat up now

4 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Incandescent(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
I love this man so much

I always look forward to his social media posts.

Mr talk & do grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
I had dinner with Mark Zuckerberg the other day and he said ‘I’d like to congratulate you… you are number one on Facebook,'” Trump said.
This Donald Plays too much, haba!

Is this the urgent matter at hand now?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by naijaguy123456(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
What should we do now ?
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by candidbabe(f): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump the number one man, Nothing do you.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by compton11(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2020
This nigga trump is just acting like baby boy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by emeijeh(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Action man!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
compton11:
This nigga trump is just acting like baby boy.
You are right about that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Starz825(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
Wetin mark for talk...
You are the last on FB??
Mark will say same to buhari if he meets him grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
He told me I am number 2, then he, Mark is number 3.
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by WildChild00(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
APCNig:
Mark Zuckerberg also told me that I am number one

Who born you? shocked
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Ijaya123: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump with his over-bloated ego acting like a toddler.

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by cahat89: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2020
Humphrizy:
President Donald Trump boasted Monday that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told him at dinner he is “number one” on the global social media platform.

“I had dinner with Mark Zuckerberg the other day and he said ‘I’d like to congratulate you… you are number one on Facebook,'” Trump said.

Trump knows only himself
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by Typhoonsbane: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2020
If y’all direct all these attention to your country’s affairs then perhaps this country won’t be the shithole it is now.
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by KendrickAyomide: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ by wolesmile(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2020
So, dis one na news

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kim Jong-un EXECUTES His Defence Minister By Anti-aircraft Fire - For Dozing Off / Heritage Foundation Says US Military Is WEAK And Unable To Win War (Pics) / Photo Of The Nigerian Diplomat Equatorial Guinea Police Beat Up Mercilessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.