Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Now That She Is Hiv +ve - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Now That She Is Hiv +ve (1058 Views)

HIV +ve? No Sweats! Boost Your CD4 Count With Nigella Sativa/black Seed Oil / man-lover Man, Hiv+ve, 44 Cured By Colloidal Silver / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That She Is Hiv +ve by akinolasam: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2010
Pls, your advice is earnestly coveted:

I have a lady (just a friend), a young graduate, fresh from university, who came to me two days ago shedding tears. she just confirm from a comprehensive test run on her in her place of work that she is HIV positive. She has been working in the same organization for about a year now as a temporary staff, but with the help of one of her boss who happen to also doubled as her "man-friend", she stands the chance of becoming a permanent staff. But as part of the conditions, she was sent to the company clinic for a total medical check-up.
now that its been confirmed that she is +ve;
1. what will she do as she stands the chance of loosing her job with this multinational,
2. what is her chance to still enjoy good life,
3. how will the 'boss' react when he finds out that she is infected (meaning that the man and his wife too are already infected by now)
4. is it possible that she could have been infected from the 'boss' because she maintained that she had kept to only him for about a year now
5. how will she break the news to her own family

Pls, i need your FRIENDLY ADVICE so that we can jointly help a fellow in sorrow of heart.

thanks
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by Busybody2(f): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
Notify the Boss, and get him to check himself out, as from her story he could have passed it onto her undecided

The poor wife at home undecided
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 04, 2010
1) depends on the policies in place in this company and the type of work she does.
2) pretty high, if it doesnt get to her. we all know what her status means (long term wise) and there is nothing else to do BUT to enjoy her remaining life time the best she can. ps: do you know how long Magic Johnson has been HIV+?
3) who cares?! if he had any brains he would have used condoms rather than possibly infect his wife thanks to his stoopidity!
4) she could have been infected by anyone she had se.x without condom. just because the last one was her boss, doesnt mean he is the one who infected her.
5) different strokes for different folks. it all comes down to the kind of family she has!
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by atropin(f): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
Being an HIV + is not d end of world.she should try 2 inform her boss abt her status n d lady should start proper tment .
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by Nektar(f): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2010
I suspect she got it frm her boss.
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by Olumogun: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2010
I have copied out and explained word for word what you (NAIRALANDERS) have said in your post to the lady in question.

She was very pleased and appreciated all your advice

and I want to say thanks to the fwe who had taken pain not just o read the post, but contributed.

Thank you. Please whosoever still want to contribute is welcome
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by akinolasam: 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ Olumogun, thank you for helping a sister i need. Sorry for not getting through to you fast enough on this.
At least you got all the response already as shown ^^^

Tell your friend to keep hope alive to live.
this is the only know cure for HIV for now - having WILL ti live, and taking proper medications
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by tishat(f): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
It depends on the company she work with,for example in my company though they conduct annual medical test,HIV test is not included and even in their pre employment medical test.i will advise her to find out what is applicable in her company and rather than loosing her temp job while looking for a more permanent one ,she should hold on to that for now until she is emotionally stable to move on.

She should also know that been + is not even close to the end of life but the beginning of a more structured life.

Wishing her well.
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by Olumogun: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2010
^^^
thanks.

got a message from her through AKINOLASAM that the result of the medical test has been sent to the office, but was mistakenly delivered to her.
Re: Now That She Is Hiv +ve by michaelaudu: 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
embarassedlife truly has diff endings the boss must be notify

(1) (Reply)

Hiv+ Mama, Travelling To The Us / Moringa, The 'cure All Tree' / Acute Waist Pain After Allnight Love Making. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.