Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (97736 Views)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Breaking : Iran Attacks US Airbase / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Fash20: 12:49am On Jan 08, 2020
An airbase housing US and coalition troops in Iraq has been hit by rockets, according to US security sources. The Al-Asad base was reportedly hit by multiple rockets. It is unclear if there have been any casualties.

It come after top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani was killed in a drone strike in Baghdad on Friday, on the orders of US President Donald Trump.
Iran has threatened "severe revenge" for Soleimani's death.

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps takes credit for the for the rocket attack.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51028954

26 Likes 14 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by mactoni91(m): 12:50am On Jan 08, 2020
U.S just created more problems for themselves

266 Likes 24 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by padi94(m): 12:56am On Jan 08, 2020
So it begins, the rain of bombs on Iran

177 Likes 12 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Biodun556(m): 1:01am On Jan 08, 2020
Despite all U S flex.

Although Iran may suffer casualties, US mainland is not safe

186 Likes 16 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Trapping(m): 1:02am On Jan 08, 2020
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

515 Likes 54 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by coninse: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2020
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.

556 Likes 36 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sage7(m): 1:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Pray for peace.

Iran dropping bombs in Iraq.

These two countries will have disputes to settle alongside The US.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by MrMcJay(m): 1:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Biodun556:
Despite all U S flex.

Although Iran may suffer casualties, US mainland is not safe

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would rain bombs on whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.

453 Likes 29 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by nastyesco(m): 1:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Front page this new year... I am destined for greatness... that my girlfriend that left me in December for “I Just got back”, I want her to see this my achievement and its only January 08 oh

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by tuzle(m): 1:03am On Jan 08, 2020
sadThe war has started. USA and Iran have carried their problem to Iraq, Iraq that did not know anything is going to suffer too. But Iran get mouth o, Sha they should make sure they don't make mistake and send any rocket to Nigeria. CNN reported that there are Iraq casualties, they have not said anything about their soldiers yet

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by N2B2: 1:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Other presidents had the option to dispatch Soleimani, but they forewent it because US already had Iran in a good place.

Mr. Impeached could not seat still because new impeachment evidence against him was coming to light by the hour, so he went to do what he predicted in 2011 that Obama would do to get re-elected: declare war on Iran.

Iran is three times bigger than Iraq, and US spent more than a decade warring Iraq. Anyone who says It'll be easy to wipe out Iran must be eating a plate of half-fried akara with a can of Black Bullet.

277 Likes 33 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Koval12(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
I expect Trump to react within the next 24 hours. He had promised to hit Iran so hard and fast should they retaliate. But that will be very foolish of him. Americans have more to lose if this crisis escalates beyond this.

Since there's no casualty, no American life was lost, I expect Trump not to strike back and de escalate this conflict. It's going to do the world a whole lot of good and Americans importantly.

NB: Putin might have just saved us from WWIII
All American allies are pissed with Trump because he didn't notify them before attacking Soleimani, China are now tactically backing Russian, and Russia is Iran's biggest ally.

It's a win win for Iran IMO

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by H2ho(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Will comment tomorrow morning

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by etrange: 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Perilous times...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by escandon(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Trump over to you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by LegendHero(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Let me pack my bag and be on my way to naija sharpaly.

Oju mi o ni ribi!

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by ekaette1621: 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
RIP

IRAN

72 VIRGINS AWAITS THEE IN HELL

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by MrMcJay(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
I really pity Iraq. The hostilities are taking place in their country.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by jaxxy(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
For Iran’s sake I hope they didn’t.

I heard Iran say they must avenge on us bt they don’t expect/want the us to respond after that. I just don’t get it undecided

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Gertyman: 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
Eleyii gidigan oo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Capnd143(m): 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
This is a crying matter. But I don't know why I can't stop laughing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Oladim001(m): 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
Start of world war 3

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by psp2pc(m): 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
both side would suffer casualties.. that's for sure..
with more causalities on the Iranian side

12 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by IneedOT: 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
E Don dey happen
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by chigoizie7(m): 1:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Hmmmm

Some people think Iran will only be the ones with casualties?

US go hear am.

This is a war propelled by so many things, revenge, religion, etc.

Iranians so much loved the man that was openly assassinated. If they tell trump now to drop the evidence that the man killed is a terrorist, will he?

Trump perceived him as a terrorist and killed him, they have set a precedence that any citizen or government official of any country can be labeled anything and be killed anywhere in the world. because the world kept quiet to this. I am not saying that he is not a terrorist. Neither am I saying that Iran will win US. But we know US involvement in so many countries like Libya and other countries.just recently, we are hearing about their involvement in stopping the annihilating Boko Haram.

Iran cannot just go to war with US, ee get reason, ee get wetin de give them moral.

Onwee ife kaa Iran obi.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by martinlooter(m): 1:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Gan Gan!!!! World War 3 don start. Please let them bomb Buhari in Aso Rock pleas

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Opiosko: 1:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Iran is going down. They had to quit these grandstanding.

9 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by permit(m): 1:06am On Jan 08, 2020
grin it is well with Iran.
So Iranians has been waiting for their Allies to show interest of help before attacking US base??
Any country that identifies with Iran this time is in big trouble because, when US comes out victorious they be dancing surugede by ogun level undecided undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.