Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq (290 Views)

Irbil: Iran Launches 12 Missiles At Israeli 'Strategic Centers' In Iraq / Iran Launches First Military Satellite Into Orbit After Months Of Failure / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by MalcoImX: 1:43am On Jan 08, 2020
The Department of Defense has confirmed : “At approximately 5:30 p.m. (EST) on January 7, Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil.”

The assistant to the secretary of defense for public affairs Jonathan Hoffman said that the US is “working on initial battle damage assessments”

In recent days and in response to Iranian threats and actions, the Department of Defense has taken all appropriate measures to safeguard our personnel and
partners. These bases have been on high alert due to indications that the Iranian regime planned to attack our forces and interests in the region.

As we evaluate the situation and our response, we will take all necessary measures to protect and defend U.S. personnel, partners, and allies in the region.

Iran’s Tasnim news agency has just reported a second wave of rocket attacks has commenced against the Al Asad air base in Iraq, according to The Guardian’s Michael Safi.

More to come.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jan/07/trump-news-today-live-impeachment-articles-iran-latest-updates-democrats
Re: Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by Kingpee2(m): 1:49am On Jan 08, 2020
They don’t have money to feed the poor truly just money to buy weapons .....Smh
Re: Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:25am On Jan 08, 2020
Kingpee2:
They don’t have money to feed the poor truly just money to buy weapons .....Smh
Really? Not every country has citizens who play with patriotism on social media o. They are born and trained to live and die in defence of their national interest. Even the adversaries of Iran is in awe of their patriotic zeal and it's just a matter of time,the killing of that General will be laid squarely on President Trump and not US as a country sir.
Re: Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by alizma: 3:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Those who say Iran was making empty threat you are free to adjust your post now because that is what you are good at doing.
One thing I was warned against when I was growing was, never tell your fellow man that he cannot do anything because you may be surprised to see him put his life on the line just to prove to you that he is a man and can do something.
Re: Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by Kingpee2(m): 3:34am On Jan 08, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Really? Not every country has citizens who play with patriotism on social media o. They are born and trained to live and die in defence of their national interest. Even the adversaries of Iran is in awe of their patriotic zeal and it's just a matter of time,the killing of that General will be laid squarely on President Trump and not US as a country sir.
I was referring to the trillions of dollars US spent on weapons...
Re: Iran Launches Missiles On Al-Asad US Airbase In Iraq by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:54am On Jan 08, 2020
Kingpee2:
I was referring to the trillions of dollars US spent on weapons...
Okay. I now understand. I thought you referred to Iran. My apologies

(1) (Reply)

BlackRock, The Firm With $7 Trillion In Assets Under Management / Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak Could Be A ‘black Swan’ That Hurts Retail Sales / It's Official - The UK Has Left The European Union.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.