Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? (19286 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Making First Class / 192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
Please dear nairalanders I need your dearly advice

Am a student from a university here in Nigeria, it happens that I got 3.39 as my first gp which makes me unhappy but I didn't allow it to depress me... So the following semester I got 4.75 and now out of 8 semesters in total.. Am done with 4 now and my cgp totals 4.26 ... I have four semesters left.. Can I make it to 4.5? And what gp do I need to keep for each semester left to achieve that.... Thank you

Note: Don't talk about how grade doesn't matter in my life, am quite aware too as am not even planning to work with the degree

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
Don't mind those that say grade doesn't matter. It matters.
From my calculations, seems you can even make 4.6, you just have to read had, and make sure you have A in your project.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by KingAzubuike(f): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
hazan041:

Am a student from a university here in Nigeria, it happens that I got 3.39 as my first gp which makes me unhappy but I didn't allow it to depress me... So the following semester I got 4.75 and now out of 8 semesters in total.. Am done with 4 now and my cgp totals 4.26 ... I have four semesters left.. Can I make it to 4.5? And what gp do I need to keep for each semester left to achieve that.... Thank you

Note: Don't talk about how grade doesn't matter in my life, am quite aware too as am not even planning to work with the degree
Better forget about that school you're wasting your time in and go and hustle. You're not planning to work with the degree and you're spending heavily on it. Money wey you go gather use do business..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Better forget about that school you're wasting your time in and go and hustle. You're not planning to work with the degree and you're spending heavily on it. Money wey you go gather use do business..

Thank you.... But that's not what I needed... You don't expect me to be disclosing my plans on a public forum

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
Snowale:
Don't mind those that say grade doesn't matter. It matters.
From my calculations, seems you can even make 4.6, you just have to read had, and make sure you have A in your project.

Really!? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:

What is this one saying, do you think everything in life is always about money, multimillionaires out there are going back to school, Davido also went back to school, Olusegun Obasanjo also went for his degree, Even professors that have reached the highest post in their Faculties goes back to school to have more knowledge and qualifications, you think all those I mentioned haven't made it in life.

O.P will graduate with first class, he will get a well well paying Job, that can return all the money he had spent in school in less than 2 years, he will also save a lot of money, start a big business and surpass you in whatever business you ventured in

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by 125diCalcitriol: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
U can get there.... Just ensure u smash 5.0 this 4 remaining semesters.

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Thank you
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by kennyjam: 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
do the calculations by assuming Grades for the courses you're to offer

3 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Hahjascho(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
Don't mind the negative comments, "google" has enough answers as to why the importance of good academic records and Education can't be overemphasized.

Check here for my similar answer to a related question
https://www.nairaland.com/5556169/what-grades-combinations-make-first#84475298

If it's possible on paper (i.e when calculated) then it's feasible.

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by DexterousOne(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
hazan041:

All I would advice you is this
In order not to get yourself heartbroken

Do your best
Do not relent

Put in all effort

BUT
Do not expect a first class
It will come to you

But if it does not
You accept it in good faith

Because if you are too expectant
And you pressure yourself

You will not get the first class
And you will be heart broken

But if you put in your best
And have an open mind
You just might clinch it

Good luck

31 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 11:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
DexterousOne:

All I would advice you is this
In order not to get yourself heartbroken

Do your best
Do not relent

Put in all effort

BUT
Do not expect a first class
It will come to you

But if it does not
You accept it in good faith

Because if you are too expectant
And you pressure yourself

You will not get the first class
And you will be heart broken

But if you put in your best
And have an open mind
You just might clinch it

Good luck

Thank u very much

Am doing just that

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by davbravo(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2020
hazan041:

You can still make it. Just keep on doing your best every semester and do not relent in your efforts. I have a classmate that was never on a first class even up till the 1st semester of our final year, but she finally made it in our last semester (a 5 years course). She worked for it and never stopped believing in herself. As I always tell my mentees, make sure you target a 5.0 every semester and if eventually you don't get it you'll end up getting something close to it

11 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2020
davbravo:
You can still make it. Just keep on doing your best every semester and do not relent in your efforts. I have a classmate that was never on a first class even up till the 1st semester of our final year, but she finally made it in our last semester (a 5 years course). She worked for it and never stopped believing in herself. As I always tell my mentees, make sure you target a 5.0 every semester and if eventually you don't get it you'll end up getting something close to it

Thank u very much

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by hazan041(m): 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by edoairways: 12:07am On Jan 15, 2020
It is good you make good grades however skills and experience makes you stand out. A reasonable employer would spend less employing those with skills and experience than those without skills hence they advertise for job experience

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Gideoniteprime4: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2020
just read hard
but dont over do it
you dont wanna end up like this guy

6 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2020
Am a student from a university here in Nigeria, it happens that I got 3.39 as my first gp which makes me unhappy but I didn't allow it to depress me... So the following semester I got 4.75 and now out of 8 semesters in total.. Am done with 4 now and my cgp totals 4.26 ... I have four semesters left.. Can I make it to 4.5? 
YES YOU CAN.
NEVER GIVE UP.

If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
Just do your very best as much as you can and don't confuse yourself by trying to calculate the marks you need in each examination.

All the very best Hazan.

hazan041:
Thank u ma
You are always welcome.
We will be there to celebrate with you soon.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by valarmorghulis: 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Read your book
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by kay29000(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
You can...just try and have a semester where you score all A's...All 5's.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by sunshineV(f): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2020
I need a job. Please help me with a link for IT recruitment. Thanks

For OP question, just study hard and spend money when your mates are doing same. Don't believe ur knowledge and wisdom is enough. I hope u understand me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by RexTramadol1: 11:49am On Jan 15, 2020
Pay for A

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by money121(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2020
OluwaNishola

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Cutezt(m): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2020
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Babybritz(f): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2020
High ...keep up the winning spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2020
Okay...
Read, read well, read hard, be serious, I said read, and you're hear reading what I typed

Read your books like mad undecided
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Xanderlex: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Aim for 5.0 in the remaining 4 semesters. That should be your target. Best of luck
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by vickydankal(f): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2020
There is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC / How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola / Waliyu Olajide Ganiyu Original WAEC Result Lost But Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.