Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,407 members, 7,843,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1133364 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 3:55pm On Feb 04
Hannania:
22nd got a date. We're expecting d date from the 22nd to 30th by Friday next week.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DustnSheaButter: 1:24am On Feb 05
Guidelines - PTDF - Scholarship Portal https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/guidelines

Guys apply for this scholarship. One of the benefits is reduced waiting time for VISA appointments
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MOO25: 12:38pm On Feb 05
Please someone should recommend a hotel that is very close to the German embassy πŸ™
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 7:12pm On Feb 05
MOO25:
Please someone should recommend a hotel that is very close to the German embassy πŸ™

There is the Bonny Camp Guest House(three different categories there)

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Roushid: 11:32am On Feb 06
Aj79:

You have to get to the country. Enrol in any school you have admission. Get a Residence address and extend your visa to at least 1 yr. Then you can decide on other things like deferment and change of university in the following Semester

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KellyTech007: 11:35am On Feb 06
Hi . Please I'll like to inquire about something.

How is life over there in Germany?

Has it been easy getting jobs as an international students ?

So far will you interpret Germany as a friendly country ?

Lastly , How is the housing situation ?

The reason I'm asking these questions is cos I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm already questioning my actions for coming here.

I'll appreciate your Response πŸ™
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MOO25: 5:45pm On Feb 06
Aj79:

There is the Bonny Camp Guest House(three different categories there)

Ok, thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bankyproperties: 10:10am On Feb 07
Please in the approval email where they ask you to submit your passport and travel insurance

Please How do we go about the travel insurance please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 10:38am On Feb 07
Bankyproperties:
Please in the approval email where they ask you to submit your passport and travel insurance

Please! when did you submit your document at the German Consulate in Lagos?

I'm still waiting for my AM
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 10:40am On Feb 07
Bankyproperties:

You can register for TK/Mawista/AXA
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 3:00pm On Feb 07
Ademurfz:

Please! when did you submit your document at the German Consulate in Lagos?

I'm still waiting for my AM
I want to ask pls. My appointment should be out this month by God grace, but classes starts September, my question is. If I go for appointment by march will I be asked to book my flight during that time or I will wait till my resumption time. Second question is. Will my visa be issued before that September or till my resumption time. Pls I need clarification.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by djlaqua91(m): 11:31am On Feb 08
KellyTech007:
Hi . Please I'll like to inquire about something.

How is life over there in Germany?

Has it been easy getting jobs as an international students ?

So far will you interpret Germany as a friendly country ?

Lastly , How is the housing situation ?

The reason I'm asking these questions is cos I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm already questioning my actions for coming here.

I'll appreciate your Response πŸ™

Hello,

Life is fine. Cost of living has risen but that's a global problem. Weather on average isn't amazing but Summer and spring is glorious. Bureaucracy would drive you crazy sometimes but we can endure. Hardwork does pay especially if you understand the law of the land. And learning German improves your quality of life ten-folds. Salary here is low compared to the US & the taxes are higher here too. Though cost of living is lower in Germany and the health insurance system is awesome.

Getting jobs as an international student isn't hard. Depends on the type of job. inside a warehouse like Amazon etc. can be done within a short time but office jobs may be harder to get without German language skills. Unless you're in IT, there english can help you land nice office jobs. Internships are available as well. Sometimes, the faculty may pair with institutes and one can take advantage of those.

Germans are not the friendliest people; know this and know peace smiley . Their culture can be cold and direct. They're hard to crack into as friends but once you're in, they're amazing and will defend you to the core. In big cities like Hamburg, Koln, Berlin etc. you will find nearly all nationalities. SO you can make friends with anyone and find your tribe.

Housing can be tough depending on the city. In the bigger cities there is lots of competition for housing so folks may live an hour or more away from the center. some could get lucky and find something within the city in a nice area. depends on luck, networking etc. Also if you have a high budget, getting a house is quicker.

Wish you good luck!

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GodfreyOsondu: 12:09am On Feb 09
Kennie28:
please do you know anyone that got approval mail with sponsorship letter

I even know two people that travelled with SL
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 7:48am On Feb 09
Jessydan54:

I want to ask pls. My appointment should be out this month by God grace, but classes starts September, my question is. If I go for appointment by march will I be asked to book my flight during that time or I will wait till my resumption time. Second question is. Will my visa be issued before that September or till my resumption time. Pls I need clarification.

No you wont be asked to book flight. You will only be asked for an intended travel date when you get AM requesting for your passport and travel health insurance. You can wait till you get your visa before booking a flight.

If your Programme starts in September they a likely to give you AM in July so you can travel August. Best wishes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 10:55am On Feb 09
Please kindly give us Updates of AD
Thank you guys
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 12:47pm On Feb 09
Aj79:

No you wont be asked to book flight. You will only be asked for an intended travel date when you get AM requesting for your passport and travel health insurance. You can wait till you get your visa before booking a flight.

If your Programme starts in September they a likely to give you AM in July so you can travel August. Best wishes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lance008(m): 2:23pm On Feb 09
Please I need help
Which school accepts int student in Germany to apply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lance008(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09
My school accept international student
My agent is behaving like enemy
Please help me
I will be very grateful
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:30pm On Feb 09
Lance008:
My school accept international student
My agent is behaving like enemy
Please help me
I will be very grateful
You don't need an agent for Germany. What's you challenge?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:31pm On Feb 09
Lance008:
Please I need help
Which school accepts int student in Germany to apply
Use Www.Daad.de to search schools
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09
Aj79:
Please kindly give us Updates of AD
Thank you guys
It's meant to be the 30th, but I've seen 22nd to 28th so far. I'm confident it was the 30th today. Next week will be July
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lance008(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09
Hannania:
You don't need an agent for Germany. What's you challenge?
Applying for an affordable school as an international student
Have been having issues with that
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lance008(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09
Hannania:
Use Www.Daad.de to search schools
Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 5:29pm On Feb 09
Hannania:
It's meant to be the 30th, but I've seen 22nd to 28th so far. I'm confident it was the 30th today. Next week will be July

Many thanks as always!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09
Lance008:

Applying for an affordable school as an international student
Have been having issues with that
All public universities in Germany are free even for international students. Only one state charges €1500 per semester, that happens to be the state of Baden-WΓΌrttemberg.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KellyTech007: 12:04am On Feb 10
djlaqua91:

Hello,

Life is fine. Cost of living has risen but that's a global problem. Weather on average isn't amazing but Summer and spring is glorious. Bureaucracy would drive you crazy sometimes but we can endure. Hardwork does pay especially if you understand the law of the land. And learning German improves your quality of life ten-folds. Salary here is low compared to the US & the taxes are higher here too. Though cost of living is lower in Germany and the health insurance system is awesome.

Getting jobs as an international student isn't hard. Depends on the type of job. inside a warehouse like Amazon etc. can be done within a short time but office jobs may be harder to get without German language skills. Unless you're in IT, there english can help you land nice office jobs. Internships are available as well. Sometimes, the faculty may pair with institutes and one can take advantage of those.

Germans are not the friendliest people; know this and know peace smiley . Their culture can be cold and direct. They're hard to crack into as friends but once you're in, they're amazing and will defend you to the core. In big cities like Hamburg, Koln, Berlin etc. you will find nearly all nationalities. SO you can make friends with anyone and find your tribe.

Housing can be tough depending on the city. In the bigger cities there is lots of competition for housing so folks may live an hour or more away from the center. some could get lucky and find something within the city in a nice area. depends on luck, networking etc. Also if you have a high budget, getting a house is quicker.

Wish you good luck!

Thank you for taking out time to respond to my Questions. I really appreciate. I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm feeling so much regrets as regards to not getting a job yet and have to pay bills , Issues with housing here and there. High Tuition fees to pay . I'm feeling devastated already within a very short period of time

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:31am On Feb 10
KellyTech007:

Thank you for taking out time to respond to my Questions. I really appreciate. I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm feeling so much regrets as regards to not getting a job yet and have to pay bills , Issues with housing here and there. High Tuition fees to pay . I'm feeling devastated already within a very short period of time

You expected to pay your tuition fees by working as a student in Canada shocked shocked shocked
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chibulati: 10:19am On Feb 10
Please, am starting my application now, Please I would like to know the semester session I should be aiming at.
I don't want the session to start before the whole visa process is completed...

Please I need your answer on this.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ajeleseujn(m): 11:03am On Feb 10
Hannania:
You can list 10 German schools and I can guarantee you prolly only 2 will give that option. As an Anglophone nation, they don't ideally trust our "study in English". So we have to prove it by writing those exams.

grin

Don't deceive yourself bro. As long as you are an English speaker and your studies are taught completely in English, you don't need any test unless you want to waste your money.

End

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ajeleseujn(m): 11:04am On Feb 10
adeniranfam:

I just have to get a proficiency letter from school before applying right ?

Yes, that's correct.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lastkingsman: 11:07am On Feb 10
tensazangetsu20:

You expected to pay your tuition fees by working as a student in Canada shocked shocked shocked

Hmmm. It's crazy now given that the cost of living has increased, so even if you see the work, saving money now is a big challenge now.

My advice to bro KellyTech007 is to look for work like a mad man. Any available job wey you see, run am. Reach out to Nigerians (or anybody that can help) on ways to secure job as quickly as possible because the money you are without job, the more you go into debt. Bills here is crazy and have to be paid.

On school fees, reach out to your school finance department and explain to them how depreciation of local currency is affecting your ability to pay your tuition balance and see if you can get an extension.

In all, see it as phase and push hard to survive out there. All the best bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (713) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.