Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1120362 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:23am On Feb 12
Imoleaje123:
Hello Hannania, thank you for all of the messages and information here.
So I got an appointment date for 20th
Booked: June 06 2022
Got a date: Jan 26 2024
AD: Feb 20
But my SL letter isn’t ready, as my sponsor didn’t get any close date. He got date for March 11.
I should still attend my interview right?
And to which email should I send this to the immigration at least to inform them before hand?
no matter what u should attend the interview,explain ur condition at the interview,u will be given a deadline to submit ur sl
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:27am On Feb 12
peacy05:
For those that have gone for interview please will there be an issue if motivation letter was addressed to the school rather than the embassy? And if the date was 2022 instead of 2024?
first off,your date in the letter should even be that of ur interview date not just any date

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 9:49am On Feb 12
Imoleaje123:
But my SL letter isn’t ready, as my sponsor didn’t get any close date. He got date for March 11.
And to which email should I send this to the immigration at least to inform them before hand?

You can send an email to them explaining your situation in a straightforward way, and how you hope for a favorable response. If possible take any document proof that his appointment is on March 11, so they give you enough deadline. U can use this email and they will likely respond within the day. info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de

Note: you should prepare for the interview as they would like tell u to still come and you will be given a deadline to submit it. Make sure the deadline is at least a month.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 9:55am On Feb 12
V
peacy05:
Everything is written there but the thing is the motivation letter was addressed to the school rather than the embassy

Just retype the letter and Make sure the letterhead addresse is that of the German Embassy. End it with your name and signature and interview date below
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imoleaje123: 10:01am On Feb 12
Thanks for your responses.
I have emailed them but no reply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 11:13am On Feb 12
Good day, between Expario and Fintiba which is better to do block account? And how can I transfer the money?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 11:15am On Feb 12
Imoleaje123:
Congratulations on your AD.No need to send an email. Attend your interview. The Visa Officer will give you 2 to 4 weeks to provide the letter. Just explain to him/her why it's not ready. It's best you take evidence of the appointment date for that SL from your sponsor if it's possible, but it's not necessary. I'm just saying, incase. This has been th case for countless people since late last year. Congratulations ahead wink
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by peacy05: 11:34am On Feb 12
Will I be asked to send in a new motivation letter to the embassy?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GodfreyOsondu: 12:11pm On Feb 12
Imoleaje123:

When did your sponsor book?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imoleaje123: 12:22pm On Feb 12
Thank you so much Hannania

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imoleaje123: 12:23pm On Feb 12
He booked in dec/Jan, I don’t know the preside date.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 1:27pm On Feb 12
peacy05:
Will I be asked to send in a new motivation letter to the embassy?
have u gone for the interview?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by peacy05: 2:45pm On Feb 12
User321:
have u gone for the interview?
Yes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eghosa100: 8:14pm On Feb 12
Imoleaje123:
when do you intend to travel to Germany? Answer this important question.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jandminded: 4:16am On Feb 13
Hannania:
There are multiple. Please Google search them. Daad.de is also a good place to search

Please do you know of TestAs exam that Uni-assist requires?

Do you know if it's compulsory?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 7:41am On Feb 13
Jandminded:

Please do you know of TestAs exam that Uni-assist requires?

Do you know if it's compulsory?
It's for BSC applications

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jandminded: 8:04am On Feb 13
Hannania:

Alright thank you smiley
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jandminded: 8:45am On Feb 13
Hannania:

For someone that wants Winter Semester, can he apply now?

I'm not seeing the option at Uni-assist, only summer semester.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 2:13pm On Feb 13
Good afternoon all. Pls with the Ecowas travel certificate do someone still need a resident permit to stay in that country? Because I think saw a place they said ypu can stay in that country for 2years as long as the certificate is valid. A friend of my want to use the certificate to apply for visa to another country. Is it possible pls?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jandminded: 2:14pm On Feb 13
Jessydan54:

The joy in my heart knows no bound.. to know that they are already in June and I booked July 14th makes me happy. After the long wait I will be giving appointment very soon. I still have two admission intact, one gave me a new admission offer letter December for 2024/2025 why the other admission was deferred.

Howfr bro, please how did you go about applying for admission for your school in Germany?
Since you have already gotten admission, please can you give me ideas on how you applied, as to cut my admission seeking wandering short.

I've been moving from page to page online.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:59pm On Feb 13
Jandminded:

Not all schools use Uniassit. Remember it cost $70 for the first application, and 30 for the rest. This is the right time to apply for winter admissions. Use DAAD.de to search for schools. When you have a school in mind, then you can use the platform and search them directly on uniassit

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13
Jessydan54:
Good afternoon all. Pls with the Ecowas travel certificate do someone still need a resident permit to stay in that country? Because I think saw a place they said ypu can stay in that country for 2years as long as the certificate is valid. A friend of my want to use the certificate to apply for visa to another country. Is it possible pls?
The passport is for free and easy entry to west African neighbouring countries. To stay there, you need the nation's residence permit. That permit has to be issued and lapse for 6 months before you can use it for Embassy applications for most of the German consulates in West Africa. Benin republic, Ghana etc

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:42pm On Feb 13
Hannania:
The passport is for free and easy entry to west African neighbouring countries. To stay there, you need the nation's residence permit. That permit has to be issued and lapse for 6 months before you can use it for Embassy applications for most of the German consulates in West Africa. Benin republic, Ghana etc

Thank you dear
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:43pm On Feb 13
Jandminded:

Howfr bro, please how did you go about applying for admission for your school in Germany?
Since you have already gotten admission, please can you give me ideas on how you applied, as to cut my admission seeking wandering short.

I've been moving from page to page online.

I used Uni-assist for my both admission

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 11:05pm On Feb 13
Jandminded:

They are mostly not open. Some will start firt of March and so on!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 12:32am On Feb 14
Depends on the course. Most schools have started their application for winter. Just few has ended and some will end on 1st of March

Aj79:

They are mostly not open. Some will start first of March and so on!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by djlaqua91(m): 11:20am On Feb 14
KellyTech007:

Thank you for taking out time to respond to my Questions. I really appreciate. I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm feeling so much regrets as regards to not getting a job yet and have to pay bills , Issues with housing here and there. High Tuition fees to pay . I'm feeling devastated already within a very short period of time

You're welcome. I've heard about issues regarding Canada. Best to decide if you gonna stick it out there and relate with NIgerians on ground for proper info to navigate life there or you prep a backup exit plan to somewhere you feel is better. But do your research thoroughly. Wish you all the best.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by djlaqua91(m): 11:27am On Feb 14
Jandminded:

I admire the way you responded to the guy.

Please I'm done with computer science in Nigeria.
I intend to study in Germany or UK, Germany as first choice. On or before September this year.

But I've just been wandering online, but decided to use nairaland to get information.

Please do you know where i can start? Any info or hint.

I'm into IT.

Hi,

It's best you read through this thread. I know its a lot, but its what I did when I started my journey. I didn't use any agents & got most of my info from here. Honestly, getting admission isn't the issue, it's securing a visa interview appointment at the embassy. If you recently graduated with a first-class (not sure about 2:1), you will have better chances at Category-A. Otherwise, waiting times for Category-B are taking up to 18 months or thereabouts.

Search for your studies at daad.de or 'uni-assist website'. Ensure your program is in English 100% to avoid wahala. Also, make research on the school or town in question. Where you reside here sometimes determines your quality of life as an immigrant. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 11:28am On Feb 14
Hello guys !! I booked an Ap july 13th 2022
From look of things my Ad will be around march or April this year.
Problem is i have an appointment with the Austrian embassy for legalization of my documents on feb 21th this month and this process will take about 8 to 12 weeks b4 i will be handed back my documents.
What if i submit my documents at the Austrian embassy and my Ad comes up can i go for my interview without my original documents?
Please respond guys
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jandminded: 1:46pm On Feb 14
djlaqua91:

Hi,

It's best you read through this thread. I know its a lot, but its what I did when I started my journey. I didn't use any agents & got most of my info from here. Honestly, getting admission isn't the issue, it's securing a visa interview appointment at the embassy. If you recently graduated with a first-class (not sure about 2:1), you will have better chances at Category-A. Otherwise, waiting times for Category-B are taking up to 18 months or thereabouts.

Search for your studies at daad.de or 'uni-assist website'. Ensure your program is in English 100% to avoid wahala. Also, make research on the school or town in question. Where you reside here sometimes determines your quality of life as an immigrant. Goodluck.
Thanks for the information Bro.
18 months is a lot for someone that is seeking to start in 2024 Winter semester.
What if i get the admission and don't get to meet up with the Visa interview appointment, would the admission be voided?

As for research on town, i tend to Google the cities the Universities on Daad.de shows me, as to know if its a town or City, and their population also.

I feel that cities would give better opportunities than towns, i don't know if my feelings are actually valid?

As for research on the school, i don't know the aspect i should concentrate on, since i believe foreign schools are somewhat standard on a general scale.

I didn't graduate with a first class, and i don't know if the wait is worth it for a visa interview, or for me to seek admission in UK or another country altogether.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 2:27pm On Feb 14
Jandminded:

Thanks for the information Bro.
18 months is a lot for someone that is seeking to start in 2024 Winter semester.
What if i get the admission and don't get to meet up with the Visa interview appointment, would the admission be voided?

As for research on town, i tend to Google the cities the Universities on Daad.de shows me, as to know if its a town or City, and their population also.

I feel that cities would give better opportunities than towns, i don't know if my feelings are actually valid?

As for research on the school, i don't know the aspect i should concentrate on, since i believe foreign schools are somewhat standard on a general scale.

I didn't graduate with a first class, and i don't know if the wait is worth it for a visa interview, or for me to seek admission in UK or another country altogether.

In terms of admission, if you get admission winter 2024, u can contact the school to defer, or you can enroll online before your appointment date comes near.

For this whole German process after using Daad u can try research online and Google universities in, or near big cities in Germany with or without tuition or uni-assit. U can also follow by searching for 'Nigeria students in Germany' telegram groups to get more info.

While waiting for Visa interview, apply for scholarships and other countries as plan B

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 2:36pm On Feb 14
Iamlanky:
Hello guys !! I booked an Ap july 13th 2022
From look of things my Ad will be around march or April this year.
Problem is i have an appointment with the Austrian embassy for legalization of my documents on feb 21th this month and this process will take about 8 to 12 weeks b4 i will be handed back my documents.
What if i submit my documents at the Austrian embassy and my Ad comes up can i go for my interview without my original documents?
Please respond guys
u

Try to findout the recent timeline for legalization of documents in Austria embassy.
Also find out the exact monthand week your appointment may come out using the recent schedule . Check telegram groups. They keep track of this.
If u have a window of opportunity to do both then better.

One more option is if Austria is your main choice and u have started legalization before ur AD comes out, you can do either of this
1. Send an email to embassy and tell them your original document are not available and you will submit it after interview.you may be given a deadline.
2. You cancelled your interview and send them an email to reschedule you. Someone who did this was successful. No guarantee though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (711) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.