Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1109286 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by blessedbest: 7:42pm On Feb 17
Please I need guidance, I applied to three schools through uniassist. One of the schools sent me a letter that I am hereby admitted as a German language student in preparation for my chosen degree course.
Direct admission to the above-mentioned course is not currently possible.

Please note that the University Duisburg Essen does NOT offer preparatory German classes. You are
responsible for choosing a private language school, all of which are subject to a fee and for which
application is necessary.

Please what should I do at this stage??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sweetval: 9:21pm On Feb 17
If one gets admission in Germany for masters, can he go with his wife and children?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 1:11am On Feb 18
Hello guys, i have problem with my DOB on waec and i graduated with first class in computer science. Can i use my old neco with art subject to apply for masters ? Hope they won't be any issue with the subjects in art and degree in computer science?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:36am On Feb 18
sweetval:
If one gets admission in Germany for masters, can he go with his wife and children?

Short answer, No. Even for family reunion purpose, it is very highly unlikely hence the supposed duration for a Master is 2 years.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:38am On Feb 18
adeniranfam:
Hello guys, i have problem with my DOB on waec and i graduated with first class in computer science. Can i use my old neco with art subject to apply for masters ? Hope they won't be any issue with the subjects in art and degree in computer science?

Apply with both and a document correcting that 'problem'.
But if NECO results satisfy conditions for your BSc degree, then you can go ahead with NECO only.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 1:38am On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

Short answer, No. Even for family reunion purpose, it is very highly unlikely hence the supposed duration for a Master is 2 years.
wow I want to do Msc so I can't go with my child?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goodman023: 1:49am On Feb 18
So, if I get this very well, people that have first class undergraduate can easily get a visa appointment time at the German embassy within a year or two of submitting their application? While people with second class upper can get it within two years?

Can anyone explain this to me?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:45am On Feb 18
blessedbest:
Please I need guidance, I applied to three schools through uniassist. One of the schools sent me a letter that I am hereby admitted as a German language student in preparation for my chosen degree course.
Direct admission to the above-mentioned course is not currently possible.

Please note that the University Duisburg Essen does NOT offer preparatory German classes. You are
responsible for choosing a private language school, all of which are subject to a fee and for which
application is necessary.

Please what should I do at this stage??

Clearly, your course is partially in German, and you were offered a provisional admission pending when you get required level of German, B1 maybe.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:47am On Feb 18
goodman023:
So, if I get this very well, people that have first class undergraduate can easily get a visa appointment time at the German embassy within a year or two of submitting their application? While people with second class upper can get it within two years?

Can anyone explain this to me?

RECENT first class applicants get earlier, used to be a few weeks (partly depending on the date of start of study.

Visit the appointment booking website for official details. But please do not ask me for the link.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:53am On Feb 18
Kennie28:
wow I want to do Msc so I can't go with my child?

Yes as the mother. But enquire on the blocked account or sponsorship requirements. Importantly, enquire from your school on the child assistance services rendered (e.g. Kita) depending on the age of the child.

Any other adult member of the family will have to go through the family reunion process with current wait period of up to 1.5 years.

More correctly, https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service/buergerservice/FAQ.

It says you can bring your family if your study exceeds 1 year. You have to be in Germany, get your permit, before your spouse can for family reunionification. As at when they're likely to be issued appointment date, you're about 1.5 years into your master programme.
It now largely depends on your local authority to decide if they would approve your family to join you for the hypothetical programme period. Although you can stay 3-4 years for a MSc.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 8:17am On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

Yes as the mother. But enquire on the blocked account or sponsorship requirements. Importantly, enquire from your school on the child assistance services rendered (e.g. Kita) depending on the age of the child.

Any other adult member of the family will have to go through the family reunion process with current wait period of up to 1.5 years.

More correctly, https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service/buergerservice/FAQ.

It says you can bring your family if your study exceeds 1 year. You have to be in Germany, get your permit, before your spouse can for family reunionification. As at when they're likely to be issued appointment date, you're about 1.5 years into your master programme.
It now largely depends on your local authority to decide if they would approve your family to join you for the hypothetical programme period. Although you can stay 3-4 years for a MSc.
Thanks very much, it's just me and my daughter and I booked family reunion visa category for her
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:30am On Feb 18
adeniranfam:
have u tried going to waec office office to correct said error or u can go with an affidavit to the embassy
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goodman023: 8:49am On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

RECENT first class applicants get earlier, used to be a few weeks (partly depending on the date of start of study.

Visit the appointment booking website for official details. But please do not ask me for the link.

Wow. So someone that made his first class in 2016 isn’t qualified?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 11:58am On Feb 18
goodman023:

Wow. So someone that made his first class in 2016 isn’t qualified?
No he isn't except it's recent session the person fall under category B but scholarships and PHD students fall under category A
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goodman023: 1:32pm On Feb 18
fancyto:
No he isn't except it's recent session the person fall under category B but scholarships and PHD students fall under category A

Ohhh.. wow people going for PhD falls under category A for urgent visa appointments even if they don’t have scholarship or funding?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:16pm On Feb 18
goodman023:

Ohhh.. wow people going for PhD falls under category A for urgent visa appointments even if they don’t have scholarship or funding?

Yes. By the way, PhDs are largely funded.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goodman023: 5:58pm On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

Yes. By the way, PhDs are largely funded.

Yeah but you can only get it if they advertise the project..without projects there’s no funding
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 6:50pm On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

Apply with both and a document correcting that 'problem'.
But if NECO results satisfy conditions for your BSc degree, then you can go ahead with NECO only.
I am going for masters and someone said i need only transcript. Does it mean i can apply for masters without waec?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 6:52pm On Feb 18
fancyto:

How does this scholarship work
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 6:53pm On Feb 18
User321:
have u tried going to waec office office to correct said error or u can go with an affidavit to the embassy
Waec stopped changing dob
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 10:15pm On Feb 18
MrAAA2:

If it's a little child they may consider because of the vulnerability of the child but for dependant they don't allow o. Not just Germany the whole Schengen may be that's why a lot are single here. I heard UK use to before but they stopped it this year..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lance008(m): 10:32pm On Feb 18
Please house I hope to moved to Austria from Austria I move to Germany please hw possible is that

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:28am On Feb 19
adeniranfam:

I am going for masters and someone said i need only transcript. Does it mean i can apply for masters without waec?

That's incorrect. Your WAEC stands as University Entry Qualification (irrespective of your BSc), therefore would be required.

The DOB issue may not be looked into, but can't your NECO stand in? Otherwise, get a supporting document regarding the age issue on your WAEC.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:29am On Feb 19
Lance008:
Please house I hope to moved to Austria from Austria I move to Germany please hw possible is that

Possible, but basically, you will go through the same student visa procedure as in Nigeria (potentially very shorter embassy waiting period). It will require blocked account or sponsorship, visa application and a demonstration of why you are leaving Austria for Germany.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 10:49am On Feb 19
Lance008:
That's the easiest because it's in the Schengen region, you get a residency in Austria and you can apply easily for work or study in germany. They don't do interviews maybe ask some few questions and you good.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 12:19pm On Feb 19
Please this is urgent please someone should help me with a sample of letter of motivation. Please how do you write a research proposal for admission into Msc when you haven't even started the course
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chibulati: 1:38pm On Feb 19
MrAAA2:

So if am applying for any school now, which semester and year should I be looking at, if the visa process will be taking something close to 2 year?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 4:19pm On Feb 19
Lance008:
Here's the process for Austria:

- Authenticate your documents at MOE
- Apply for a date at the Austrian Embassy for verification of your authenticated Documents(200k fixed price)

- When the verification is done, you'd be called to legalize your documents. This cost €80 per document. If you're going for masters, please legalize just transcripts, BSC certificate and WAEC. Some please do for all which will cost more.

- When you have your documents legalized, you can now apply for schools which is easy.

- With your admission ready, you'll send the embassy an email for visa appointment which takes only 3 weeks.

Now lets do a sample calculation, The authentication at MOE will cost you around 20 - 30k plus the 200k for verification, and then the current exchange rate used at the Austrian Embassy for Euros is 121k for €80. For 3 documents, that's 360k. Total will be roughly 600k.

Go ahead and think about semester fee, residence permit fee, accomodation, and finally flight. The rough part is the verification and legalization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 4:20pm On Feb 19
Please house finally my AM has arrived. I need help on how to go about the proof of health insurance for three months.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19
Ademurfz:
Please house finally my AM has arrived. I need help on how to go about the proof of health insurance for three months.
Congratulations! How many weeks did it take?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lastkingsman: 4:31pm On Feb 19
Hannania:
Here's the process for Austria:

- Authenticate your documents at MOE
- Apply for a date at the Austrian Embassy for verification of your authenticated Documents(200k fixed price)

- When the verification is done, you'd be called to legalize your documents. This cost €80 per document. If you're going for masters, please legalize just transcripts, BSC certificate and WAEC. Some please do for all which will cost more.

- When you have your documents legalized, you can now apply for schools which is easy.

- With your admission ready, you'll send the embassy an email for visa appointment which takes only 3 weeks.

Now lets do a sample calculation, The authentication at MOE will cost you around 20 - 30k plus the 200k for verification, and then the current exchange rate used at the Austrian Embassy for Euros is 121k for €80. For 3 documents, that's 360k. Total will be roughly 600k.

Go ahead and think about semester fee, residence permit fee, accomodation, and finally flight. The rough part is the verification and legalization.

There's an update on authentication of documents

https://twitter.com/Oludeewon/status/1759586139109810271?t=PfNOQLmXUtleZ8kQZOEHVg&s=19

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 4:43pm On Feb 19
I booked an appointment on November 21, 2023.
I received an email with the appointment date on November 24, 2023.
My appointment date initially was December 18, 2023, but their network saver was down, and I was rescheduled to December 21, 2023.

I was told the processing period for my research visa for my PhD will take 2 months.

I received the approval mail today to send proof of health insurance for three months.

Hannania:
Congratulations! How many weeks did it take?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.