Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers (56195 Views)

NIMC: Wrong Disengagement From Service / N-power Disengagement: What Next? / First Banks Carlos Act Of Mass Disengagement Of Contract Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by PHIPEX(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2020
The obvious truth is that this program is unsustainable in the long run and a poor way to manage resources. If the entire sum these people were paid over this 2-3 years were given as lump sum to half of them as loan or grant to start their business, it would have paid them more and the economy too. Many of them would have started employing others by now. The govt only fed them for 3 years and wants to keep feeding more people. Same applies to NYSC

5 Likes

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Obiaksnews: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2020
From the beginning it was stated that the program was supposed to last for two years, it was categorically stated on the website. so your statement is totally uncalled for.
SouthSouth1914:
Use and dumped! More expository wailing for them. Welcome back and enjoy the change

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by UnknownQueen(f): 9:11am On Jan 09, 2020
Why worry when you can pray.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Roon9(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2020
ITbomb:
I like how they told the obvious truth
They were extended because of election, election don finish, they are now on their own

I was shocked when I read that grin
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Obiaksnews: 9:12am On Jan 09, 2020
The money paid to the beneficiaries was not just money dormant in the fed. govt's account, these monies were budgeted for, it ran along as recurrent expenditure for the govt. Meaning the govt don't have that lump sum to pay out at once.
PHIPEX:
The obvious truth is that this program is unsustainable in the long run and a poor way to manage resources. If the entire sum these people were paid over this 2-3 years were given as lump sum to half of them as loan or grant, it would have paid them more and the economy too. Many of them would have startedemploying others by now. The govt only fed them for 3 years and wants to keep feeding more people.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Beolly(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2020
galaxy2020:
When they are disengaged, what next for them? Me, think it's better federal government empower these set of individuals by providing grants for them to start up something on their own, after been disengaged.

You refused to read the content of the report before commenting.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by demoBaba: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2020
ITbomb:
I like how they told the obvious truth
They were extended because of election, election don finish, they are now on their own

Don't say what you don't kwn, those are the new set of NPower they collect 30k every month without doing much.
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by oloyede90(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Who said there's no man know man in N power ?
wiseone28:
Make them go so that other people can also benefit of govt money...
At least if this is the only thing in Nigeria person get without man know man grin

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
if a core and very important federal government parastatal such as NEPA can be rendered defunct and decommissioned, how much more N-power. anything is possible.
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by chloedogie(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2020
galaxy2020:
When they are disengaged, what next for them? Me, think it's better federal government empower these set of individuals by providing grants for them to start up something on their own, after been disengaged.

You guys cant read beyond the topic line. Didnr you read this?

Part of the plan, according to him, is to allow the participants access to loans of between N30,000 and N100,000 to start up small and medium scale businesses

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by ufotty2001: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2020
See graduate. Go and look for a skill u refused
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Naruto87(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2020
I still stand by the fact that some ''naija youths are lazy'' the npower programme was a chance for economic development but some just used to money to flex or sustain themselves.. Instead of using it for further productivity, especially those in nagro emerging having access to free land and some farm tools, what I expected was for some to pull their resources together and start something overtime. This was a chance for like minded youths to work together and not just leave on d 30k but am glad some gained from the initiative while for those who felt the program is useless while still receiving the 30k I hope u don't regret your words when it stops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Lyoncrescent: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2020
Total waste of 144 Billion Naira. That money should have been spent on primary education, primary health care and the university teaching hospitals. I dont get how spending 144 billion naira on 200,000 people over two years helped the economy. If this is the best way to spend 144 billion naira i two years then GOD help us. When you add the school feeding thing and the tradermoni, you just have a feel that this government is focusing more on the icing to make them look good rather than the underlying cake itself.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by chloedogie(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2020
Beolly:

You refused to read the content of the report before commenting.

So many lazy youths out there little wonder why this country isnt progressing. They dont read beyond the topic line and they can analyse till next week forming know it all. Can you imagine after govt spelt out so many plans on ground to empower them after being disengaged that boy is still saying they should empower. Some of them just want to talk. So sad.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by fatymore(f): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
coolfatymore kiss kiss kiss kiss
this is 2020
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Keemsleek005(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2020
Pls people should learn how to read and understand . Simple unless you just want to be mischievous .
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Shemadex(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2020
fastseo:
“But they must go. They have to go. Government cannot sustain it. Government has to graduate some so that they can enroll other people too.”
Dog u be
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by akin9ja78(m): 9:31am On Jan 09, 2020
They should just retire and take the loan
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by FloxySmart(f): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2020
When will they start enrolling others? Anybody?
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by DTalented(m): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2020
fatymore:
More unemployed people.

God help us
Were they previously employed? You call Npower employment?
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by naijazee2: 9:33am On Jan 09, 2020
Really Gbege cry cry lipsrsealed undecided embarassed
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by wiseone28: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2020
oloyede90:
Who said there's no man know man in N power ?
I did
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by fatymore(f): 9:39am On Jan 09, 2020
DTalented:

Were they previously employed? You call Npower employment?
at least they were paid money
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by ITbomb(m): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2020
demoBaba:

Don't say what you don't kwn, those are the new set of NPower they collect 30k every month without doing much.
And they should have been disengaged when their time was up, not extending their time for political reasons knowing fully well that they are not "doing much"

Is that the 3m jobs yearly that they promised?
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by freeze001(f): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2020
The news says the government plans loan access from range of 30,000 - 100,000 naira to set up small businesses. Paltry in my opinion.
galaxy2020:
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by freeze001(f): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2020
wiseone28:
Make them go so that other people can also benefit of govt money...
At least if this is the only thing in Nigeria person get without man know man grin

Is it really without man know man?
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by freeze001(f): 9:49am On Jan 09, 2020
Hehehe...you like story sha. Shebi na this Naija abi anoda one? Old age will come and go, report or analysis, you no go see.

Reference:
So when will the post mortem take place.... When will the accounts be closed.... When will the final report be made as to cost/benefit, impact on socio-economic statistics such as unemployment figures, productivity, etc. So that we can assess whether it was an overwhelming success or yet another collosal waste of resources... Nigerians should demand that.
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Edyice: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2020
Nothing is more painful

Happy new year grin cool
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by jeromestarks: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2020
How do I enroll please?
Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Funkybabee(f): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2020
You guys try, jut give them a little added to their saving.... I'm sure, it will help them to start something

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Ladycewhy(f): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2020
I knew it was only a matter of time. Anyway,it was a project,was never intended to be permanent. It has outlived its usefulness,in my opinion,it was a waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers by Funkybabee(f): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
I think government should just be using this money as an empowerment for any graduates that wanted to start a business after nysc or IT for ond or Teaching practice for Nce...

That's how our youths can be productive and even help the economy to grow because this will results to exposure of responsibility...

ABI when you graduated, and you are saying u are idle while people know very well that u must have collect like 300-400,000 from government after ur prgrm.

It will encourage accountability

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife / Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.