Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police (26933 Views)

Amotekun Not Regional Outfit - IGP, SouthWest Governors Embrace Community Police / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by T9ksy(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Smooyis:
If na regional police nko, wetin wan happen shocked shocked shocked

Abi o jare!!!

In the north, they have their own hisbah security outfit that even arrest the local policeman who doesn't abide by their laid-down rules.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by engrchykae(m): 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Davash222:
Still don’t understand why Afenifere is against the peace of SW.
ohaneze and afenifere have been arrested by Abuja.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by engrchykae(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
mbahdi:
Another armed robbers in waiting
if they are armed robbers,what is fulani herdsmen?
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Pedro334(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Is the pope Catholic or a Catholic?
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by LZAA: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Afamed:

Are you not bold and proud of your heritage? Where in US, have you seen Obiagwu street or a white christened his baby Nnamdi?Typical slave mentality

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by lagdmark(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Is this not same role OPC is supposed to provide? What structure is being used to recruit people into this Amotekun? I hope it wont be filled with Agberos and people who are not psychologically fit to watch their own home much more a neighbourhood or community?
Before nko, the governors will fill their political thugs in Amotekun and use the new breed area boys to terrorise their opponents.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Donald7610: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:
Nigeria with duplication of offices. We have police, FRSC, VIO, OPC, LASMA, Civil Defense, Peace Corp, SARS. . . Now Amotekun. To the government, this is their idea of creating employment. What about creating additional departments in already established outfits and saddle them with specific duties? Why not insist on state/regional police like they have in U.S? Why not invest in technology to curb insecurity in this contemporary times? Why not make advancements to leave the 3rd world phase instead of this continued reinforcement of obsolete methods?
Tomorrow, this folks are going to put up road blocks to extort and maim the locals just as the LASMA boys went. They are going rogue. It is only a matter of time.
Not impressed.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

Free your mind with peace
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by GeoAfrikana(m): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:
Nigeria with duplication of offices. We have police, FRSC, VIO, OPC, LASMA, Civil Defense, Peace Corp, SARS. . . Now Amotekun. To the government, this is their idea of creating employment. What about creating additional departments in already established outfits and saddle them with specific duties? Why not insist on state/regional police like they have in U.S? Why not invest in technology to curb insecurity in this contemporary times? Why not make advancements to leave the 3rd world phase instead of this continued reinforcement of obsolete methods?
Tomorrow, this folks are going to put up road blocks to extort and maim the locals just as the LASMA boys went. They are going rogue. It is only a matter of time.
Not impressed.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

I believe in what you've said. Our existing security agencies need technical, research and statistical departments.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Bakerdav: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
where is ogun and lag state governors ,are they against amotekun?
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Greenback: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Afamed:

Are you not bold and proud of your heritage? Where in US, have you seen Obiagwu street or a white christened his baby Nnamdi?Typical slave mentality

grin

1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by tsdarkside(m): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
yeah yeah....we gerrit.... wink wink
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by AreaFada2: 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Xisnin:
It is a regional police.
Anybody not satisfied can use the lagoon.
I wonder why they are so determined to deny it. Regional police is long overdue. SW region police can easily outshine NPF.

I have been saying for long that unless SW boldly move forward with progressive steps, it will be perpetually held back (hence nothing for other regions to emulate) by the obsolete FG system.

See what Pa Awo did to education, agriculture, infrastructure and other sectors in about 10 years in old WESTERN Region.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by AreaFada2: 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Afamed:

Haba! Afam, I thought you like everything American. I thought you'd recommend Trumpetokun as a good name. grin cheesy
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Each region should take their destinies in their own hands. Amotekun was launched to cover Western Region. No wonder Miyetti-Allah MACBAN quickly banned night grazing and child-hawking.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Afamed: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

Haba! Afam, I thought you like everything American. I thought you'd recommend Trumpetokun as a good name. grin cheesy
We desist inconsequential post

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by ayomide1511(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
ok
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Halopy: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
englishmart:
Some of us think secessionist idea is only of the south east. The south west are stealthily and surreptitiously cooking something suspicious. Let's wait, Oduduwa has a lot to unconceal soon
Like it or hate it, the south west is still the reason why Nigeria is still one, but we believe a restructured Nigeria with regional autonomy is better. The killing of pa Fasoranti's daughter was the straw that broke the camel's back. Southwest has the highest number of educated and intelligent professionals in Nigeria, so we don't make noise. Yorubas are no walk over.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Mrexcell(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:
Not impressed.

This might just be the first step towards the actualization of regional or state police. With time other regions in the south may follow suit then the core north will have no other choice but agree to regional or state police.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Mrexcell(m): 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Afamed:

Are you still wondering, the Hilux contract purchase was not given to them. The real Afenifere died with PA Abraham Adesanya. The present Afenifebi are highest bidder.Since they are not getting patronage from the FG and the state government in the west, any policy is not good to them

But what he said is the reality on ground can this security outfit be able to confront and arrest fulaniherdsmen with dangerous sophisticated weapons like the AK 47?
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by splashbaby(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
englishmart:
Some of us think secessionist idea is only of the south east. The south west are stealthily and surreptitiously cooking something suspicious. Let's wait, Oduduwa has a lot to unconceal soon
You see why Yorubas are more intelligent than the Igbos...They legitimised their aspiration with governments backing. They don't need bloodshed and lots of eyimba nonsense to get things done. Did you noticed the ---Western Nigeria State Government (WNSG) This is sessional agenda with coating of community policing.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by harakiri(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Indirectly he is asking for them to be heavily armed....its so obvious ain't it?
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by ykalhaji(m): 12:16am On Jan 10, 2020
Keemsleek005:

It's simple as far I don't want to be political the truth is afenifere are just a wing of pdp who have lost it, Don't mean to be desrespectful, but I still stand on my opinion don't get Gani Adams invovled, They can pull them from opc and other group but they should be orientated that the outfit is not runed like locally opc but civilized people. My problem is how you can take a pig away from the gutter that won't still go looking for the gutter, 95% of these guys are agbero and they can always misbehave. Well I pray it works for the good of the people.

So the Governors that set it up are not political abi ? Or they can't use it to enforce their own political agendas ? Some of you APC apologists are serious dullards.

If they can get the Amotekun structure and operational process right, devoid of politics and merge it together with OPC, Agbekoyas, the rural farmers, hunters and then a collection of criminal justice professionals from state schools across the SW states and some from the diaspora to help co-ordinate and manage the security apparatus maybe just maybe it can work.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by ykalhaji(m): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2020
Halopy:
Like it or hate it, the south west is still the reason why Nigeria is still one, but we believe a restructured Nigeria with regional autonomy is better. The killing of pa Fasoranti's daughter was the straw that broke the camel's back. Southwest has the highest number of educated and intelligent professionals in Nigeria, so we don't make noise. Yorubas are no walk over.

F×÷k "regional autonomy" give us state and Local Government autonomy and rights.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by mmsen: 12:36am On Jan 10, 2020
So what if they are regional police?

Providing security is the bare minimum of any government.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by darediamond(m): 1:24am On Jan 10, 2020
popsy2:
Not impressed.

All those you mentioned are owned by. Northern Nigeria.
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by darediamond(m): 1:32am On Jan 10, 2020
Lisaint:
I still don't understand
How will Amotekun operate?
Will they be armed?
Apart frm the hilux
What again?

We don't want another set of people blocking the road and collecting #50...
. How will Amotekun work

Now Gov Fayemi is saying something else
Otunba Gani Adams is saying something else

Later now we will start having face-off between police and Amotekun

And that is where the problem is. Police is owned by North to Terrorise and Silence Southerners while Amotekun is truly ours in Southwest.

May Britain never know peace for the useless and diabolical amalgamation to primarily checmate we Oduduwas and Igbos!!
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Keemsleek005(m): 2:28am On Jan 10, 2020
ykalhaji:

So the Governors that set it up are not political abi ? Or they can't use it to enforce their own political agendas ? Some of you APC apologists are serious dullards.

If they can get the Amotekun structure and operational process right, devoid of politics and merge it together with OPC, Agbekoyas, the rural farmers, hunters and then a collection of criminal justice professionals from state schools across the SW states and some from the diaspora to help co-ordinate and manage the security apparatus maybe just maybe it can work.

Clap for yourself did I tell you am an A PC apologist? Pls mind the way you talk to me, I just gave my own opinion cos of what I know about opc and how they behave.pls am not part of you people that disrespect each other. If you want to discuss issues with me and you can't do without respecting people pls count me out. Thanks
Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by olisaEze(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Kudos to the SW for taking action rather than just mouth action. BTW, didn’t the saintly presido promise an end to insecurity in Nigeria? And the best way to achieve that vision was to throw our borders open to all fleeing terrorists in sub Saharan Africa with his intentionally misguided visa on arrival policy! They’ve got their taquiyya, the south better come together and evolve their own or by 2023 'water go don pass garri'!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Amotekun Not Regional Police by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 10, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Is this not same role OPC is supposed to provide? What structure is being used to recruit people into this Amotekun? I hope it wont be filled with Agberos and people who are not psychologically fit to watch their own home much more a neighbourhood or community?

With the salary of 13k , you should guess those who will be employed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet / Fresh $30million Found In Bank Accounts Linked To Patience Jonathan (pic) / NDDC Denies Fraud Rumors, Says Documents Circulating Are Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.