Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? (28396 Views)

Lose Weight Without Stop Eating? It's Posible / Ovulation Period : Teach Me Ow To Count Plssssssss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by wyt(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2010
my fiancee just open up to me on her sexuality, as she usually have painful and irregualar mensural flow that some times last for 10 days. i got currious as she said that she hav visited hospital but it still occures.i was reading on the subject of mensuration and ovulation and i came accross this:

[b]Menstruation
Menstruation is a spontaneous cyclic (monthly) physiological shedding of internal lining of uterine cavity (endometrium) due to invisible interplay of female hormones. In simple terms, it is a regular monthly bleeding which a woman experiences.The first menstruation occurs usually at the age of 12 – 15 years.It is also called as ‘menarche’. For the past couple of decades, the age of menarche is gradually declining with improvement of nutritious and environmental conditions.

[b]Once, the menstruation starts, it continues cyclically at an interval of 22 – 35 days with a mean of 28 days.[/b]Physiologically, it stops during pregnancy and lactation.[/i]Ultimately, it ceases between the ages of 45 – 50 years when menopause sets in.

The duration of menstruation (menses) is about 4 – 5 days and the amount of blood loss is estimated to be 20 – 80 ml with an average of 50 ml.
The menstrual discharge consists of mainly a dark altered blood, mucus, womanly epithelial cell fragments of endometrium, prostaglandin, enzymes and bacteria.

Usually, at the midcycle, a mature egg is released (ovulation). If it gets fertilised, the menses ceases. Thus the absence of menstruation suggests that pregnancy has occurred. Link to signs and symptoms of pregnancy in confirming pregnancy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ovulation
Ovulation is a process by which a mature egg (mature Graffian follicle after secondary oocyte is releases) is released from the surface of ovary to be available for fertilisation viz. conception.

Usually only one mature egg is released in each ovarian cycle.

In relation to the menstrual period, the event occurs 14 days prior to the expected date of menses. However, menstruation can occur without ovulation.

Fertility is very high during mid cycle, for the same reason.[/b][i]

pls can c somone advise me for on this
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by richdadeze(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2010
menstruation and ovulation are two different things entirely. definitely, a woman can menstruate without ovulating.
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by wyt(m): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2010
i think ovulation is laying of egg(overy) while mesuration is busting the egg due to no fgertilization. if this is true, pls how can a lady be pregnant without ovulating yet she mensurates?
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by diamondc(f): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2010
A woman cannot mensurate without ovulation cos if there is no busting of unferilized egg were wil d blood come from
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by amarula(f): 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2010
it is very possible to menstruate and not ovulate especially in females who have a condition called have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. u can Google it up just to be sure
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by wyt(m): 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
@ amarula

thanks as i just gogled it and it look like it. i'll discuse with her to see if the symtom enumerated affetcts her. i will keep you posted on the development.
Re: Is It Posible For One To Mensurate Without Ovulation? by Drabrah(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2017
wyt:
i think ovulation is laying of egg(overy) while mesuration is busting the egg due to no fgertilization. if this is true, pls how can a lady be pregnant without ovulating yet she mensurates?

diamondc:
A woman cannot mensurate without ovulation cos if there is no busting of unferilized egg were wil d blood come from

1st, Menstruation is not "bursting of egg" cos d egg (ovum) is microscopic in size. Hence, even if it bursts u won't see any bleed.
Also, Ovulation is not "laying egg" per say even tho d process is similar (our women no be fowl mbok). Ovulation is rather d release of matured egg for fertilisation wt a sperm, & this occurs monthly (abt 14 days to nxt menses as earlier stated).
The blood released during menstruation results frm d breakdown of d inner lining of d womb (endometrium) wen pregnancy does not occur & it's composition has bn given. Fact is, during menses, this layer of d womb is shed off. Thereafter, it starts building up again in preparation for pregnancy after d nxt ovulation buh if pregnancy doesn't occur d cycle continues. In essence, a woman's body preps 4 pregnancy monthly buh undo every prep if pregnancy doesn't come. A woman can menstruate wtout ovulation cos they r diff (though related) events as ovulation takes place in d ovary while menstruation occurs in the uterus (womb). This scenario is called Anovulatory menstruation and, yes a woman ll not get pregnant (naturally) is she doesn't ovulate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Preventing Gas Explosions At Homes And Plants / Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.