Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,744 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( (28356 Views)

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns / I Think I Am Dying! And I Can't Stop It!! / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
I'm currently 30kg overweight and still adding. I just can't seem to resist food I know I'm going down a very unhealthy path but I can't help eating. Please has anyone been in this situation before and lost weight.

Please how can I overcome the temptation of overeating and lose the excess weight. I don't wanna suffer diabetes or hypertension neither do I wanna die of a heart attack. I'm only 22 years old.

. I already know of the calories consumed and calories burnt thing but I still end up over eating after attempting to count calories. Is there any product that has helped anyone here to lose weight quickly .?

Lalasticlala help me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by ajosegabriel(m): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
try smooking weed and thank me later....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fast! Fast!! Fast!!!
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by dominique(f): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Let's look at the psychological angle. Are you depressed, do you have something weighing you down? Some people turn to foods for comfort. Since you've admitted within yourself that you're a compulsive eater, then part of the problem is solved. Surround yourself with low calorie foods especially fruits. if you must eat something between meals, let it be an Apple or banana. Get a small plate to dish your meals on. It may not work initially as you will want to get second helpings but with determination, you will be satisfied with the smaller portions. And of course start exercising. Get yourself a skipping rope, jog as often as you can and do as many sit-ups and crunches as you can.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Lovetinz(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
I am your opposite.
I am thin and underweight.
How about we arrange a swap-a-meal thingy:
I give you my breakfast - you give me yours. (Mine is usually a coffee cup and 4 bread slices max)
Lunch and Dinner are very light too.
In 2 months, you will need a belt for your boxers, grin
Deal?

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
dominique:
Let's look at the psychological angle. Are you depressed, do you have something weighing you down? Some people turn to foods for comfort. Since you've admitted within yourself that you're a compulsive eater, then part of the problem is solved. Surround yourself with low calorie foods especially fruits. if you must eat something between meals, let it be an Apple or banana. Get a small plate to dish your meals on. It may not work initially as you will want to get second helpings but with determination, you will be satisfied with the smaller portions. And of course start exercising. Get yourself a skipping rope, jog as often as you can and do as many sit-ups and crunches as you can.

I've done that but when the weightloss seems not to be coming on quickly I get discouraged and go back to my unhealthy eating habit. I eat when I feel sad, happy bored! tired,Whatever.
I don't cook presently. I buy all that I eat and no matter how much fruit I eat in a day I don't feel fine till I've binged on some junk food.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lovetinz:
I am your opposite.
I am thin and underweight.
How about we arrange a swap-a-meal thingy:
I give you my breakfast - you give me yours. (Mine is usually a coffee cup and 4 bread slices max)
Lunch and Dinner are very light too.
In 2 months, you will need a belt for your boxers, grin
Deal?

I'm so serious right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 30, 2015
i assure u that I understand exactly what u are going through. I am even sure u don't eat as much as I do, yet I'm not fat. this night alone, I've eaten 2 galas, #70 bread, #70 akara, digestive biscuit. nd I'm cooking rice to eat again cos I'm watching a film and I don't plan to sleep till 2am. this is how I eat on a normal day, if I haven't snacked on a biscuit or soft drink, I don't feel full. But let me share with u 2 ways of how I've managed not to get fat.
1. when I have dis crazy compulsion to eat junks, I eat it well 2 my satisfaction then I go to the toilet to induce vomit. after vomiting the junks, I then eat normal foods like rice, beans etc. it is not a very healthy thing to do but desperate times they say call for desperate measures. After eating all what I've listed above, I've induced vomit, then I'll eat rice nd go to bed.
2. somedays I just decide not to eat at all, especially days I'm very busy and I completely forget about food. if u don't eat for a whole day, d next day u'll feel very light and weak and u start losing weight. u can then eat fruits.
with this methods I've managed not to get fat, nd I still eat alot of junks. A LOT. My friends wonder how I do it

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Jennifer89(f): 5:09am On Oct 30, 2015
op you are the only solution to your problem. discipline your self first learn to control your self when you see food.u have to first reduce the quantity of food you eat

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2015
sanskid:
i assure u that I understand exactly what u are going through. I am even sure u don't eat as much as I do, yet I'm not fat. this night alone, I've eaten 2 galas, #70 bread, #70 akara, digestive biscuit. nd I'm cooking rice to eat again cos I'm watching a film and I don't plan to sleep till 2am. this is how I eat on a normal day, if I haven't snacked on a biscuit or soft drink, I don't feel full. But let me share with u 2 ways of how I've managed not to get fat.
1. when I have dis crazy compulsion to eat junks, I eat it well 2 my satisfaction then I go to the toilet to induce vomit. after vomiting the junks, I then eat normal foods like rice, beans etc. it is not a very healthy thing to do but desperate times they say call for desperate measures. After eating all what I've listed above, I've induced vomit, then I'll eat rice nd go to bed.
2. somedays I just decide not to eat at all, especially days I'm very busy and I completely forget about food. if u don't eat for a whole day, d next day u'll feel very light and weak and u start losing weight. u can then eat fruits.
with this methods I've managed not to get fat, nd I still eat alot of junks. A LOT. My friends wonder how I do it

I've come across this method on the Internet but I'm never really successful at inducing vomiting and I'm a little bit scared of the side effects of a burnt out oesophagus and damaged teeth due to the constant exposure to gastric acid.

11 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2015
Jennifer89:
op you are the only solution to your problem. discipline your self first learn to control your self when you see food.u have to first reduce the quantity of food you eat

If it were as easy as you typed it,I wouldn't be at this point.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by dominique(f): 7:30am On Oct 30, 2015
sanskid:

That's bulimia you're putting yourself through. very soon It will get so bad that you will vomit everything you eat without inducing the vomit. Soon you'll be vomiting stomach acids burning your throat and rotting your teeth in the process. Just 'Google Bulimia nervosa' to learn more about what this terrible condition does to it's victims with pictures.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by jnrbayano(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2015
How can a fatty like me provide a useful advice to you? It will be hypocritic to say the least. Its a case of native doctor making people rich and yet remaining in an abject penury. cheesy

Well, the most important part of weight loss is the admittance of this weight condition and the resolve to shed it off of which is not lacking in you. Kudos.

While you struggle to stay away from too much eating, exercising should come in handy. I play football when I can and it helps a whole lot.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 30, 2015
K
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by englishmart(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2015
go and sit down jare
Your problems are over. Get a cup of cement, mix with 2cl of water, take 1tea spoon every hour.

If symptoms persist after 1 day, consult your doctor

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 30, 2015
I wish I could help you bro. The safest thing to do now is to send me a mail so we can arrange on how you can be sending me those foods you are eating. If you don't, you go round like kungfu panda o.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by simplemach(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Take two cups of diluted acid every morning for two months to burn the excess fats.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Exercise and diet. The key word is discipline. You have to discipline your body. Control your body and don't let it control you. Find time to exercise everyday. Join a gym around you, if you are in lagos you pay less than 7k monthly. Try and tell your body 'no, not now'. And trust me your body will adapt..

Again the key word is Discipline

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2015
go and de WORM UR BODy d best solution

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by bronzegoddess(f): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Eyah
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by gamaliel121(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Shiittt.. Sorry mate
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Dahveydson(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Workout as you eat.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Dindondin(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Pics or adonbiliv you!
Last Bullet
The only solution is to discipline ya self with eati g.
If over eating gives you over weight, reduce the way you eat!
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Yipes!

Well, my good friend, the solution to any addiction is to stop consuming the addictive substance....ie stop eating.....and stop eating.....until you wake up one morning and find yourself surrounded by lots of beautiful people playing harps, and singing ....Worthy!

Ok....here is the stuff you need to do.

But before we start....find out why you want to lose weight. Your aim should be for health purposes....not for looking like a runway model.

1.Stop looking down on yourself. You are not the only 30kg overweight person in the world.

2.Drink plenty of water. Lots of water....when you are hungry.

3.Eat breakfast late.....as late as 11 am .

4.Eat more fruits and veggies. Stock the freezer with fruits, and veggies....so that when you need to snack, you reach for the fruit, not for the cake, or the beer.

5.Cast away bread. (I should too).

6.Eat low fat subsititutes. Like margarine....replace it with Flora light for example. And diet sodas instead of sugary sodas. (You may want to ditch the whole soda show.

7.Read about how others lost weight.....eg Huffington Post I lost weight has lots of amazing stories.

8.Exercise. Start by running 50 kilometers every day (ok...that was a joke!). Seriously.....start by walking every day.....and keep walking . Start with 30 minutes, then one hour and then four hours.

If you want to run.....couch to 5K is a good programme. Google for it.

Join a gym (yes, even me too!)...if you have the cash.

9.You tube is your friend for exercise videos, tips, etc. (Adrian Bryant has a good youtube video ).

10.One more thing......YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL. You are going to endure long periods when the weight does not come off. You are going to eat that cake, or drink that beer. But whatever you do, never ever ever give up.

This is a long time journey.

Here is an inspiring story here

P.S.....If you still want a pill.....and you have N20000 to spend per month.....try Xenical(Orlistat).But you still have to exercise......

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Pavore9: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Have bitterleaf perpetually in your mouth!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by addikt(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Wow ], what a good problem!!!

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by BIDEEN: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Food no dey kill sokeep
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Creamz(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
When you get the urge to eat something, just take fruits. They are low in calories so you wouldn't get fat. And they are good for you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Akwasi(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2015
Go and see your doctor. Don't try to get professional help on this forum because they will just encourage you to die

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Juliaann(f): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2015
Pray and fast for 30days

I mean dry fasting o

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by VickyRotex(f): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Akwasi:
Go and see your doctor. Don't try to get professional help on this forum because they will just encourage you to die

Gbam!!! Good Advice.

What works for A, might not work for B.

Besides, don't starve yourself. Starving yourself will actually make you gain more weight. It builds fat round the stomach wall.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by marleyboy1991: 7:37am On Oct 30, 2015
Try smoke a blunt in the morning..one in the afternoon and one in the evenning...you will reduce your weight.....and I don't see anything wrong in you eating....one thing I know for sure is that you can't eat more than what your stomach can take.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fastest Way To Lose Weight? / Nigeria Man Share His 2023 Weight Loss Achievement (Photo) / Twins Conceived Naturally Can Have Two Biological Fathers — Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.