Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads (1813 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / 5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by SHABZ: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Dear All,

I've heard strange stories of civilians being harassed on roads by security personnel for driving cars with (army) green colours.

Is this actually true? Can you share any experience if you've been a victim before?

Thanks
Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by nlPoster: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
No idea.
Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by dawnomike(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
SHABZ:
Dear All,

I've heard strange stories of civilians being harassed on roads by security personnel for driving cars with (army) green colours.

Is this actually true? Can you share any experience if you've been a victim before?

Thanks
It is illegal to use such colour for your car in Nigeria... It is reserved for the military!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by SHABZ: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
dawnomike:
It is illegal to use such colour for your car in Nigeria... It is reserved for the military!!!

Thanks. I thought as much, but wasn't sure of the legality of it
Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by id4sho(m): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
SHABZ:

Thanks. I thought as much, but wasn't sure of the legality of it
it's in the law
Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by SHABZ: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
id4sho:

it's in the law

Thanks for the confirmation
Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by Fentanyl: 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
SHABZ:
Dear All,

Thanks

there are specific shades and hues of green which the law refers to as army green, any green outside those shades is perfectly legal to own and use

but you know naija and illegalities, expect one ignorant law enforcement officer to harass you even when your green is not specifically prohibited by the law

Re: Army Green Cars On Nigerian Roads by SHABZ: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Fentanyl:

there are specific shades and hues of green which the law refers to as army green, any green outside those shades is perfectly legal to own and use

but you know naija and illegalities, expect one ignorant law enforcement officer to harass you even when your green is not specifically prohibited by the law

Thank you brother. The threat of harassment by an ignorant law enforcement officer is very real

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Are Our Vulcanizers Responsible For Some Road Accidents? / 10 Most Reliable Used Cars Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.