Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 PM

Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers (23217 Views)

House Of Reps Members Slash Salaries By 50% / Ghanaian President, Ministers Slash Salaries By 30% To Reduce Spending / See The Number Of Months, Abia Workers Are Owed Salaries By Ikpeazu. (2) (3) (4)

Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Blindersoff: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2020

The workers, who claimed they are owed several months of salaries, revealed that they left Nigeria hapless and with only promissory notes instead of monies owed them by Gotel.

Atiku Abubakar and John Chiahemen tour the Gotel Communications compound in Yola, Adamawa. Members of the international team are present.

A handful of international broadcast journalists drawn from CNN, NPR, CNBC and other reputable networks have accused Nigeria's former Vice President and owner of Gotel Africa Media Limited, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, of breaching a one year contract they had with the company as consultants.

The workers, who claimed they are owed several months of salaries, revealed that they left Nigeria hapless and with only promissory notes instead of monies owed them by Gotel.

The affected persons include David Guinan, Ebong Udoma, William Chu, Devon Petley, Susie Iliyan, Teddy Vuong, Hannington Osodo, Kostas Sergiadis and Richard Spiropoulos.

They were all hired between late 2014 and early 2015 by Atiku's company based in Yola, Adamawa State.

According to the team, their mission was to launch an international news channel based in Abuja for Atiku but barely 10 months after they arrived Nigeria, they were forced to leave with major outstanding salaries despite having valid work visas issued by the Nigerian Government.

Narrating his sad ordeal, Chu revealed that all the promises made to them by Atiku's company were never fulfilled.

He said, “Before I left New York, John Chiahemen and Gary Alfonso gave me the rundown of what I'd be doing when I arrived.

“I was told that I'd be based in Abuja for a year. I was told that the project was fully funded, to the tune of several millions of United States dollars.

“I was told that we had a facility ready to build out and funds budgeted for equipment. None of this was true.”

Guinan, who was hired in 2014 to act as Gotel’s Director of Television and Digital Media, said, “I was told to bring my family, my wife and our baby girl, who wasn’t even two years old at the time.

“My contract promised a three-bedroom house in Abuja and a driver. From the moment we landed almost nothing promised was delivered.

“We were immediately placed in substandard accommodations, a motel and unfriendly staff.”

In his remarks, Osodo from Kenya and former producer with Reuters, said, “I lost most of my belongings due to indebtedness.

“My house was repossessed by the bank because of delayed payments by Gotel.

“By the way, I couldn’t make the payments for months because I had banked on the contract I signed that bore the name and bond of Abubakar Atiku.”

Efforts by the affected persons to get their salaries via serial of letters through their lawyers to Gotel and Atiku have yielded no results.

Atiku’s spokesperson, Paul Ibe, didn't respond to calls and text messages to his mobile telephone line by SaharaReporters over the matter.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/09/exclusive-expatriate-workers-accuse-nigerias-ex-vice-president-atiku-abubakar-contract

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Rapmoney(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wetin consign vulture with hair dressing salon?

Who can do can die.

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by ghettokid1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Zombies will soon full here and start asking "is that how he wanted to owe nigeria workers"

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by raumdeuter: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
He don use the money run for election. He was planning to pay the contractor from National treasury

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:03am On Jan 11, 2020
Same Atiku that wants to run and rule Nigeria ?!

Brb anyways.........

Phidel777:
The very same.
Atiku in Aso Rock?!
God forbid bad thing!

allthingsgood:
Atiku the scammer. Scamming wailers since 1999 grin
Lol cheesy
We love this.

77up:
Even you yourself know God saved Nigeria from this vulture once again? His regime as vp ,he privatized many companies belong to Nigeria and now he has haired many international professionals ,plans to uplift his companies at the expense of Nigeria treasury.

You know this but only denying the truth.
You are a wise man.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:03am On Jan 11, 2020
raumdeuter:
He don use the money run for election. He was planning to pay the contractor from National treasury
GBAMsolutely!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by AstroG: 1:05am On Jan 11, 2020
post=85690939:
Same Atiku that want to run Nigeria ?!

Brb anyways.........

What else,if not to spew trash as you always do

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Stalwert: 1:17am On Jan 11, 2020
Atiku needs to sell nnpc asap.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Stalwert:
Atiku needs to sell nnpc asap.

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by tribalmall: 1:29am On Jan 11, 2020
You will agree Nigeria dodged a bullet not voting this Igbo lord.n.savior ?!
ghettokid1:
Zombies will soon full here and start asking "is that how he wanted to owe nigeria workers"

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:25am On Jan 11, 2020
AstroG:

What else,if not to spew trash as you always do
Supporter of criminals, fraudsters, thieves and looters!

80 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Kendumazy(m): 5:54am On Jan 11, 2020
OK
Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by maynation(f): 5:54am On Jan 11, 2020
Common take a chill guys.
This guy just spent billions on an election and he was rigged out.
Some Nigerian lawyers just had their share too. It's normal if he's broke. undecided

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Simplebeauty: 5:55am On Jan 11, 2020

Nothing new.Our politicians have been scamming people since 1960

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by LordGuru1: 5:56am On Jan 11, 2020

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by allthingsgood: 5:56am On Jan 11, 2020
ghettokid1:

But isn't that a relevant question If na buhari de owe now all ur brain and mouth will open to throw insults

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by allthingsgood: 5:58am On Jan 11, 2020
Atiku the scammer. Scamming wailers since 1999 grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:59am On Jan 11, 2020

This is a figment of OPs imagination.. this news is a lie and a scam. Atiku can never owe anybody salary or money. I am sure BMO, BMC, Nairaland zombies formulated this nonsense to tarnish Atiku image. You wont succeed as buhari is far worse.

Sai Atiku/Donfreshmoney 2023

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Osnuf34(m): 5:59am On Jan 11, 2020
He don use una salaries run his presidential ambition. He don share d MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for d pdp primary election in Port Harcourt. Irony of life.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Ustec: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2020
The day this man called atiku ever become the president of this country,
I will forcefully relocate out of this country.
The man is worst than saraki.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by Resrguru: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2020
res

Re: Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers by oboy81: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:
Common take a chill guys.
This guy just spent billions on an election and he was rigged out.
Some Nigerian lawyers just had their share too. It's normal if he's broke. undecided
He is Not Broke.
He Can Not Be Broke.

Arise TV Interview: I Am In The Race To Win - Peter Obi / Ebubeagu Operative Shot Dead At APC Campaign Ground In Ebonyi (Photo) / #EdoDecides: Labour Party's Olumide Akpata Loses Polling Unit