Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner (74142 Views)

Iran Says Nothing Will Be Left In Israel If It Dares To Attack Iranian Territory / Iran Says It Struck Bases Of A Dissident Militant Group In Pakistan(photos) / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by monerozi5590: 7:41am On Jan 11, 2020
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
KingAzubuike was the worst of them. When i say her post i simply left the thread, some no just get sense

He always claim to know it all but dude don't know shit.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by crafteck(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
IneedOT:
Face of Felix , Nairaland dead meat seler

He's crazy but if this is really his pic. Its not proper to unravel it no matter the grievances... Not proper

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Btruth: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
I knew it all along. I'm not surprise afterall.

sad
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by SouLPoison(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
This people in power don't care,how can you shoot down a plane and say it's a mistake,the thing about this tussle now is people who are the architect of the duel won't participate in the war front but give orders to their follower's to carry out their mission (example of the rich controlling the poor) .

so what if it were to be the airlines of one of the world powers ?

i fear this missile targeting planes might just be the beginning
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
livebyday:
[s][/s]

I don't think you have the ability to reason in clear objective terms

Just read the nonsense you wrote. This is absolute trash and it's amazing you typed this rubbish
I think he was trying to bring to light the disastrous possibilities of what war could unleash on people not that he is trying to take sides or blame any party. To err is human; this isn't the first time a passenger plane has been mistakenly shot down and it likely won't be the last. The day the plane crashed, Iranian local news reported they shot down a US drone that flew into their airspace. But they turned out to be wrong as we can see now.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by luckyehis: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
This is really sad. With all these innocent souls lost with a single human mistake.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by salford1: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2020
Cutehector:
Iran must pay for this.. !
Sadly, only payment would be the compensation, reconciliation and healing to families of the victims.

To those calling for war, this is an example of what happens in a war time. Some missiles would even miss their target and fall off or reroute. There will be collateral damage, friendly and enemy fires.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by brashear: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2020
obedience4:
people are saying a us warships shut an Iranian plane
but that was in the 1988
you cant compare the technology we have now
new radars ,GPS .. new guidance missile packages to make sure
target are track up to when they are taking out
a plane that left your country airport.. you then mistake it for a hostile object..
Iran sucks .
Up until now, no technology has been able to identify an airplane in the air. it has always been some kind of simulation.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by daprofo: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2020

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2020
omlueh:
Please where is kingazubuike and his likes, they should come and see what we've been talking about,is this the same Country that want to fight the Israeli and the American, I pity you all simply identification they can get, so when it comes to the real War what will happen food for thought terrorist in making.

Bro, next time please do take out time to proof-read what you type before submitting. It helps.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by coputa(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

I am really shocked that this is true.

Which kain yeye mistake be that?

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

This is the reason America is policicing those countries especially the Arab/Islamic regions,they re not matured enough to control sophisticated nuclear war head,unfortunately thats Russia's biggest market

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by brashear: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
daprofo:
Is this film tricks in some Hollywood movie or what? : shocked

You shoot at an airplane because you saw it approach a sensitive military post?
A plane in your own country?
Don't you have security gadgetry to identify the plane?

Iran is a shit hole country!
Bunch of religious fanatics and terrorists!
It has just been confirmed.

They cannot even manage and monitor their airspace!
Common airspace o!
And they want nuclear weapons so that they will waste humanity!
God forbid!

UN should as a matter of urgency sanction those rascals!
See as you dey display ignorance for public.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Whyem15: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
Richnerd69
As at the time this you posted this, the Ukrainian president had not yet confirmed it and the investigation was not yet concluded. So you were misinforming people about an event for which you had no basis to back your claim

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lwise(m): 7:46am On Jan 11, 2020
Empiree:
what's the big deal here?. Same happened when mini war started btw Russia and Ukraine and Western powers backed Ukraine. In the process, Ukraine passenger aircraft was hit by missile accidentally and Russia eventually claimed responsibility. It was accident and families were compensated.

This just happened 3 to 5yrs ago. It is not a yardstick to start blaming Ayatollah, Iran or whatever. All they need to do is compensate the families. Remember there were more Iranians in the flight as well. So NL "war analysts" shouldn't start using this avenue to support attacks on Iran.

Mistakes happen

Oga you are so dummmp,can't they check with the airport authority before shooting down a plane they couldn't identify.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by brashear: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2020
coputa:
This is the reason America is policicing those countries especially the Arab/Islamic regions,they re not matured enough to control sophisticated nuclear war head,unfortunately thats Russia's biggest market
Lmaooo at not matured enough
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Trump2020: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2020
Shibaraba:
No be all toys Pikin dey use play.
Pikin fit play with spoon we go leave am
He fit play with plate we go look am
When he start to play with knife na that time elders dey join mouth collect am.
For if he no use am wound others he go use am wound himself
If he cry and him parents put mouth the elders go gather correct the parents. Beat the Pikin join sef so that he no go use knife play again.

I don't need to explain this
You are wise, wiser than the idiot we have as a leader.

God bless your gray hair
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by zoedew: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2020
asahnwaKC:
Really sad....in anger try to control your temper....now see the tragedy they have cursed ....life that can't be given bk....even Iranians 88...plus the ones killed in stampede.....ok we are watching

It is beyond anger. It is a sickening mindset that acts before thinking!

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Btruth: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2020
Shibaraba:
No be all toys Pikin dey use play.
Pikin fit play with spoon we go leave am
He fit play with plate we go look am
When he start to play with knife na that time elders dey join mouth collect am.
For if he no use am wound others he go use am wound himself
If he cry and him parents put mouth the elders go gather correct the parents. Beat the Pikin join sef so that he no go use knife play again.

I don't need to explain this
only the wise can understand you jare my brother.

Thank you.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by hAlexandro(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2020
shocked undecidedjesus you killed over 170 people your citizens inclusive and you called it a mistake woe unto you

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by obedience4(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2020
Edusouls:
Shut up you Nigerian fools, American aggression was to blame for the error, and besides you educated illiterates check history American navy ship accidentally shot down Iranian passenger plane killing all 256 on board in the 1980s, Ukraine accidentally shot down passenger airline carrying mostly Dutch passengers 175 all died during their conflict with Russia in 2014, so once there is millitary tension such accidents are bound to occur, no wonder they say Nigeria has unemployable graduates now I confirm..a country of educated fools..

thank God you send 1980s can you compare the technology we have now with us then in the 1980s, after the downing of the Iranian plane.. planes started using the transponder civilian transponder.. on radar you can easily differentiate between a military plane and a civilian one .. by their transponder they send signals by the speed and trajectory of a plane you will know
and beside while the case is so sad is that the plane left and Iranian
airport a plane that left your airport then you said the plane was a hostile plane
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by abeeee(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2020
optimusprime2:

Apparently you didn't understand my sarcasm... fyi Farsi is Irans language.
I know what Farsi is and I know you were trying to sarcastically cover your error
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by SamOyovwi: 7:50am On Jan 11, 2020
They already have nuclear weapons for long
sotall:
Just imagine!

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lomprico(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2020
hope all the terrorists shouting that USA has nuclear weapon and yet does not want Iran to own. hope u see why USA don't want them to own on. just imagine. angry

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by NaijadrivaCars: 7:51am On Jan 11, 2020
IneedOT:
Face of Felix , Nairaland dead meat seler

I can bet you that is not MannaBbq. I won't tell but that isn't she.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by hope4nigeria(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

you can imagine, Israel was right, terrorist will not be allowed to have nuclear weapon

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by SamOyovwi: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2020
They already have
Bigflamie:
And this is a country that really want to have nuclear weapon

Us. should start massive bombings on their uranium enrichment sites asap.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2020
raumdeuter:
They said it was engine failure until the US showed satellite images

Thats the saddest part. A country that cannot even own up to it own mistake and result to lie. If US didn't improvise with its intelligence Iran would have kept on denying it
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Trump2020: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
Muric is a local mumu organization. They haven't gone international
If Yoruba Moslems catch you eeehhhh
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by SamOyovwi: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2020
They already have
herzernIsHere:
Iran must not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon!
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by saajus: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2020
US military won't even treat civilian casualties alone, they also treat those wounded bad guys. My Brother, sometimes those Commanders have to take tough decisions in split seconds. What will you do in this scenario:
5 dangerous Terrorists have a good solid plan that will take out 500 people in the next 5minutes. From the intelligence you gathered, there is no way you can arrest them alive cos they are also suicide bombers. These terrorists are living with 3 civilians. These civilians know they are bad guys but they just can't report them because they are close relatives (father, mother, brother). Your rocket can get to them in 2mins but it may take out their 3 family members with them. If you want to send a team of Soldiers it will take 30mins to drive. Remember in 5 mins, they will kill 500 people.

-- I know that scenario is not really well composed. Just want you to have a snippet of what those Commanders are going through in the hands of terrorists in the middle east that don't even value their own lives, talkless of family members.

Tbh, I am not in full support of them going to that region in the first place but they are there now and they have to clean up the mess.

Sterope:
According to other reliable sources, most of these civilians have no choice in the matter and inaccurate snd indiscriminate airstrikes. Would they have done the same if they were US citizens?

How have they handled civilians casualties and the consequences from these attacks? These terrorists they are fighting, are they not also the result of military intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Israel and Hezbollah issue is complicated. The ones caught in the middle of that madness, are the poor Palestinians.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by mvem(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2020
voskia:
Iran is living on borrowed time..and if allowed to completely possess chemical weapons,would quickly end dis world .. my God save us all.
Nuclear weapons are more deadly than Nuclear weapons...And if its chemical weapons it is far easier to get. They actually shot down the plane in error and US did similar some years ago and Russia recently during the Ukrainian war...It is a bad thing sha and will surely pay millions for it
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by ojaysam25(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2020
na was o, just because they wanted revenge for one Citizen,they end up killing over 100 of their own citizens...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Russian-Major General Roman Kutuzov Killed By Ukrainian Forces. GRAPHIC PIC. / Robert Mugabe Gets A New Haircut - Zimbabweans Mock Him On Social Media / 10-Foot-Long Alligator Stuns Residents In Florida

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61