Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,451 members, 7,846,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS (899 Views)

Protesters Set Fire On Ayatollah Khomeini's Home (Pics) / Protests In Tehran After Iran Admits Shooting Down Plane / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Protests broke out at four universities in Tehran on Saturday after military admitted fatal blunder
Angry crowds demanded the Ayatollah's resignation and full investigation into the disaster
Regime forces cracked down hard on the demonstrators, firing tear gas into the crowds
Iranian air defenses shot down civilian passenger plane carrying 176 people, most of them Iranian citizens
The country was on high alert after targeting US forces with ballistic missiles in bloodless strike
Iranians have gathered in the streets of Tehran to demand the resignation of Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei after the regime admitted it had mistakenly shot down a civilian passenger plane.

Angry crowds gathered on Saturday night in at least four locations in Tehran, chanting 'death to liars' and calling for the country's supreme leader to step down over the tragic military blunder, video from the scene shows.

What began as mournful vigils for Iranian lives lost on the flight soon turned to outrage and protest against the regime, and riot police quickly cracked down, firing tear gas into the crowd.

'Death to the Islamic Republic' protesters chanted, as the regime's security forces allegedly used ambulances to sneak heavily armed paramilitary police into the middle of crowds to disperse the demonstration.

Ukrainian Airlines Flight 752 was carrying 176 people, at least 130 of them Iranian citizens, when it was shot down by hapless Iranian Revolutionary Guard air defense forces shortly after taking off from Tehran on January 8.
Source dailymail UK

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Iran for days claimed that a technical failure caused the crash, before admitting on Saturday that its own surface-to-air missiles brought the plane down.

Iran was on high alert at the time, hours after launching ballistic missiles at U.S. forces in Iraq in a strike that caused no casualties. That missile strike was in retaliation for a U.S. operation that killed powerful Iranian General Qassem Soleimani

On Saturday afternoon, candlelight vigils at universities in Tehran for the victims of Flight 752 began to turn to protests against the regime. Large protests were reported at the universities of Tehran, Sharif Industrial, Amir Kabir, and Allameh.

At Amirkabir University, protesters chanted 'Down with the dictator' and 'shame on IRGC [Revolutionary Guard], let the country go.'

At Sharif University, crowds of outraged Iranians chanted 'commander in chief, resign!' The Ayatollah is Iran's commander in chief.

'Our enemy is right here; They lie when they say it's the US' protesters were heard chanting in one video.

'I now believe the word of the Great Satan,' one protester wrote in Persian on Twitter, apparently referring to the U.S. intelligence reports that blamed Iran for shooting the plane down, which the regime furiously denied at first.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
The crowd also condemned the Islamic Republic's paramilitary internal security force, chanting 'Death to Basij.'

As night fell, riot police attempted to break up the protests with tear gas.

Cops armed with shields and batons tried to disperse the crowds, and police fired water canons into the crowds of protesters.

Anti-regime factions said that the protests reflected the frustrations of Iranian citizens with the government corruption and oppression.

'The protest by thousands of Iranians in Tehran burst the propaganda balloon of the regime regarding Qassem Soleimani's elimination,' said Shahin Gobadi, spokesman of the anti-regime group People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran, in a statement to DailyMail.com.

Gobadi said that the protests 'showed the true sentiments of the Iranians and once again clearly proved that Iran is a powder keg and the Iranian people will not stop until the regime change.'

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Death to the Islamic Republic. Satan really got fvcked up this one.

Thank God Satan has lost Iran.

Iran will steer a new pathway of hatred and tyranny. What a dramatic twist of events to Co fuse the principalities that held Iran bound to become vile, hateful and disastrous.

Now the very pillars of that lifestyle is been attacked in this call for change. Oh the depth of the wisdom of God. God is King. He twisted Saudi in an unexpected way and remove hatred and insanity from the mind of Saudi, now we have a christ-like Saudi who is now opening doors for Church in the nation. What a glorious God is. Its Iran's turn for a change of garment, spirit, heart and lifestyle. But He first attacked the thought system programmed to make the people think and act hatefully. Once a thought-institution is attacked, it means a new culture is about to emerge. Glorious God, I see your hand in the midst of the conflation and altercation doing your great redemptive and correctional work. God is truly King

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:
Death to the Islamic Republic. Satan really got fvcked up this one.

Thank God Satan has lost Iran.

Iran will steer a new pathway of hatred and tyranny. What a dramatic twist of events to Co fuse the principalities that held Iran bound to become vile, hateful and disastrous.

Now the very pillars of that lifestyle is been attacked in this call for change. Oh the depth of the wisdom of God. God is King.

RELIGION HAS SUCCEEDED IN MAKING MOST NIGERIANS BIG FOOLS.

Check out this Video, and think with your Brian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4aQdaxBcM
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
KISSMEAGAIN:

RELIGION HAS SUCCEED IN MAKING MOST NIGERIANS BIG FOOLS.

Check out this Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4aQdaxBcM

This realm of spirituality is of the third heavens. Its not common knowledge. So I take no offense

2 Likes

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Is the Iranian regime going to implode or survive this onslaught from outside and inside?
Kunleweb let's focus on the substance of the issue here thank you
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

This realm of spirituality is of the third heavens. Its not common knowledge. So I take no offense

Why should you take offense. Ain't you a sheep grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by adolfHitler1934: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Is the Iranian regime going to implode or survive this onslaught from outside and inside?

Iran has gone through worse. Study history.

1 Like

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Bros na wetin na. Iran is a wild animal historically and has passed through mad revolutions from as far back as before it changed its name. Its a region cirsed with a curse of perpetual instability. From one generation to the next they must go through these tussles. That's why Iraq and Iran can almost never have peace
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
KISSMEAGAIN:

Iran has gone through worse. Study history.
So you believe it will survive?
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

This is nothing compared to what Iran faced in the 70s and before then.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

You are funny.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

I believed the ayatollah was in absolute control of the country....
KISSMEAGAIN:

You are funny.
How?
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

How do you mean?! Explain please if you truely have the knowledge of history.

1 Like

Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

How?

Your question of course.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

I believed the ayatollah was in absolute control of the country....

Before anything ayatollah Iran has constantly gone through violent protests and fights since as far back as 500 years. Check its history. Iran has an instability problem.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by ojun50(m): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
I no understand dis Iran people
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
KISSMEAGAIN:

How do you mean?! Explain please if you truely have the knowledge of history.

Hahaha na me you want use reverse psychology for. Abeg my battery low.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

I know that apart from hiding behind abstraction such as SPIRITUALITY you have nothing else to show. That is just being dogmatic.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
KISSMEAGAIN:

I know that apart from hiding behind abstraction such as SPIRITUALITY you have nothing else to show. That is just being dogmatic.

Whatever. I don't need your validations on who am I. I won't entertain your delinquent slurs nor give you the attention you crave. Long into the days of Persia, Iran has constantly been embroiled in turmoil. And I don't need to tutor you nada. Syria same way has its own version since the 50s. With that been said, you can excuse me. Chalo
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Before anything ayatollah Iran has constantly gone through violent protests and fights since as far back as 500 years. Check its history. Iran has an instability problem.
Dem get mental skanskan
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Dem get mental skanskan

Dat is Iran for you.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Whatever. I don't need your validations on who am I. I won't entertain your delinquent slurs nor give you the attention you crave. Long into the days of Persia, Iran has constantly been embroiled in turmoil. And I don't need to tutor you nada. Syria same way has its own version since the 50s. With that been said, you can excuse me. Chalo

grin As you can see, it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE after all. It has always been so about that region. Nothing like realms of the third heaven. It's too easy to forecast unrest in certain parts of the world based on evidences of the past.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by kunleweb: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
KISSMEAGAIN:

grin As you can see, it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE after all. It has always been so about that region. Nothing like realms of the third heaven. It's too easy to forecast unrest in certain parts of the world based on evidences of the past.

Trust me. It's beyond your league. I'm drained form the days event. Leave me alone. I'm tired.
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Subduer: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Death to NEPA & their new names
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Trust me. It's beyond your league. I'm drained form the days event. Leave me alone. I'm tired.

And what is that?
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by luluosas(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2020
The regime may survive, but their tactics will change
Re: Protesters In Tehran Clash With Riot Police As They Demand The Ayatollah RESIGNS by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2020
luluosas:
The regime may survive, but their tactics will change
And influence curtailed. I see the West milking the crash for more than it's worth

(1) (Reply)

Spain Deploys Army As 6,000 Migrants Storm Ceuta Enclave (photos) / China Has Taken Over Uganda's Airport And Other Assets / RUSSIA/UKRAINE LATEST: Ukrainian Leader, Zelensky Joins The Army Decks Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.