Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? (3654 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by hisexcellency34: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2020
Why do all Jehovah's Witnesses carry this card about?

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by rottennaija(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2020
It's their suicide note prepared by their religion. It's mandatory for every member, else you are thrown out

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by sweetonugbu: 9:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Yeah
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by tonyimadu: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2020
Because the bible in Acts15.20 says But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by EbukaHades10(m): 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
tonyimadu:
Because the bible in Acts15.20 says But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they like kill chickens, cows and whatnots?

Don't these animals contain blood?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
hisexcellency34:

They believe life is in the blood and so it's wrong to receive or give blood.
I think its pertinent that we respect and tolerate each other's religious inclination and doctrines.
In the course of work, I have encountered some JW who needed blood transfusion, was no small event as I met a brick wall.
Long story short, I went back to read through blood transfusion topics on jw.org and I have been better enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
The comments on this thread would surely make for an interesting read as Pentecostals (who somehow think their way is the right way) would come down to cast aspersions yet we do 'odd and laughable ' things like praying for imaginary enemies to die or praying to magically get rich overnight etc
The musulmi too would come to take their chunk off the banter yet they live two faced lives and have a rather questionable inclination.
Let's not get started with the atheists or the irreligious who are like a rudderless ship tossed about on the high sea.
Bottom line: Let's respect each other's beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by hisexcellency34: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Noted with thanks

quaintbloke:

I think its pertinent that we respect and tolerate each other's religious inclination and doctrines.
In the course of work, I have encountered some JW who needed blood transfusion, was no small event as I met a brick wall.
Long story short, I went back to read through blood transfusion topics on jw.org and I have been better enlightened.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Seun(m): 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:
Bottom line: Let's respect each other's believes.
Religious beliefs should be respected to the extent that they are harmless. The more harmful a religious belief is, the less respect it deserves. Beneficial religious beliefs like the belief in honesty and kindness are worthy of respect. Religious beliefs that cause unnecessary deaths are the most harmful in my view, so they deserve the lowest level of respect.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by paxonel(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:

they believe life is in the blood they are rejecting blood which contain life thereby rejecting life?
Any religion making their adherent to reject life at any point they need it is not worth practiced.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Well each dedicated member of my family globally has one! smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by rottennaija(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:

How were you better enlighten?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
rottennaija:

How were you better enlighten?
For starters , bloodless complex surgeries are possible and have been practised by JW in their hospitals. It requires planning and preparation.
There is also autologous transfusion which means if a significant bleed is anticipated, they take out some blood from you and store it up before the surgery, this can be used as needed during surgery.
We also have blood substitutes like plasma which is blood without the cells (cells is the living component of blood). This can be safely used as needed.
Other non-blood products include iron dextran injection and erythropoetin which speeds up blood production.
Their research has shown that their patients fare just as well or better than other patients who receive transfusion.
I knew most of these stuff but ofcus , when giving such sensitive info to a patient, you need to be right with your facts.

https://www.jw.org/en/medical-library/videos/blood-transfusion-alternative-strategies/
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by rottennaija(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:

For starters , bloodless complex surgeries are possible and have been practised by JW in their hospitals. It requires planning and preparation.
There is also autologous transfusion which means if a significant bleed is anticipated, they take out some blood from you and store it up before the surgery, this can be used as needed during surgery.
We also have blood substitutes like plasma which is blood without the cells (cells is the living component of blood). This can be safely used as needed.
Other non-blood products include iron dextran injection and erythropoetin which speeds up blood production.
Their research has shown that their patients fare just as well or better than other patients who receive transfusion.
I knew most of these stuff but ofcus , when giving such sensitive info to a patient, you need to be right with your facts.

https://www.jw.org/en/medical-library/videos/blood-transfusion-alternative-strategies/

How many of these us verified from medical practitioners and authorities? Can you post links to medical experts showing support to these claims?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
rottennaija:

...How many of these us verified from medical practitioners and authorities? Can you post links to medical experts showing support to these claims?
Bros, it appears you didn't watch the video or perhaps you dont understand it. You sound like I need to go out of my way to convince you, to what end?
We are all here to educate ourselves and be educated, I have given you a teaser, why not help yourself to some Google search and be better informed. It's the same quest for knowledge that made me go on to check this stuff out, dont wait for me to spoon feed you.
@bolded, I am a medical expert, I have practised with this, and what I have written up there is applicable in the NHS.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they like kill chickens, cows and whatnots?

Don't these animals contain blood?
Let a Jehovah Witness answer this question. Bloody hypocrites!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by rottennaija(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:

Bros, it appears you didn't watch the video or perhaps you dont understand it. You sound like I need to go out of my way to convince you, to what end?
We are all here to educate ourselves and be educated, I have given you a teaser, why not help yourself to some Google search and be better informed. It's the same quest for knowledge that made me go on to check this stuff out, dont wait for me to spoon feed you.
@bolded, I am a medical expert, I have practised with this, and what I have written up there is applicable in the NHS.

A Medical expert you said but couldn't know the progress made in blood medicine until you had to read from a religious website to get enlightened. And you call yourself a medical expert but couldn't support your writeup from medical journals...

Medical expert who could have typed a few words to answer the question and provide a few links for verification instead launches into an attack that didn't provide any answer. Medical expert my foot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
WINDSOW:
Let a Jehovah Witness answer this question. Bloody hypocrites!

What's there to answer?
Do you have respect for God's word?

God specifically told Noah to eat meat but he must drain the blood before cooking! Genesis 9:4

God specified in his law that Israelites can hunt, and eat wild animals but they must drain the blood before cooking! Leviticus 6:30, 17:13

God's holy spirit specifically told the first century Christians that they may eat meat but they must not eat with it's blood {Act 15:29} notice what the holy spirit said "if you can keep to this instructions, you'll enjoy sound HEALTH".

So true Christians don't have time to waste ARGUING with atheists who have no regard for God's word! Philippians 2:14, Colossians 2:4, Titus 3:9

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Janosky: 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Seun:

Religious beliefs should be respected to the extent that they are harmless. The more harmful a religious belief is, the less respect it deserves. Beneficial religious beliefs like the belief in honesty and kindness are worthy of respect. Religious beliefs that cause unnecessary deaths are the most harmful in my view, so they deserve the lowest level of respect.

Is blood transfusions the only effective risk free mode of medical treatment?

Can you vouch that blood transfusions doesn't cause "unnecessary deaths"?

I taya for "educated people"

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

What's there to answer?
Do you have respect for God's word?

God specifically told Noah to eat meat but he must drain the blood before cooking! Genesis 9:4

God specified in his law that Israelites can hunt, and eat wild animals but they must drain the blood before cooking! Leviticus 6:30, 17:13

God's holy spirit specifically told the first century Christians that they may eat meat but they must not eat with it's blood {Act 15:29} notice what the holy spirit said "if you can keep to this instructions, you'll enjoy sound HEALTH".

So true Christians don't have time to waste ARGUING with atheists who have no regard for God's word! Philippians 2:14, Colossians 2:4, Titus 3:9
The Bible passages u quoted are all bunkum to this argument. You know u guys are hypocrites, you know! Act 15: 29 means drinking blood. How ll a true child of God eat or drink blood or eat food offered to idols? Impossible! Your fact is baseless. Why do some of u guys drink alcohol (mind u I have JW as friends & I tackle them alot)? The way JW portray themselves one ll think they are Holier than the Pope but no, you guys are petty hypocrites! If One get transfused & alive, do u call that a sin? Remember, Jesus shed his blood on calvary for the remission of our sins. JW are hypocrites!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
The Bible passages u quoted are all bunkum to this argument. You know u guys are hypocrites, you know! Act 15: 29 means drinking blood. How ll a true child of God eat or drink blood or eat food offered to idols? Impossible! Your fact is baseless. Why do some of u guys drink alcohol (mind u I have JW as friends & I tackle them alot)? The way JW portray themselves one ll think they are Holier than the Pope but no, you guys are petty hypocrites! If One get transfused & alive, do u call that a sin? Remember, Jesus shed his blood on calvary for the remission of our sins. JW are hypocrites!!!!

Well that's why we do avoid you people when it comes to arguments!

Instead of upholding your own beliefs, you want to tell us what we must believe, yet you people don't even have the guts or time to sit down and discuss God's word!

If you know better than Jehovah's Witnesses, why not go out there and teach people what you know?
Or are you against Jesus' command? Matthew 28:19-20 cheesy
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Well that's why we do avoid you people when it comes to arguments!

Instead of upholding your own beliefs, you want to tell us what we must believe, yet you people don't even have the guts or time to sit down and discuss God's word!

If you know better than Jehovah's Witnesses, why not go out there and teach people what you know?
Or are you against Jesus' command? Matthew 28:19-20 cheesy
The same way u like to force your hypocritical doctrines on non JW. Tell me what I don't know not what I knew.
As far as I am concerned, JW are hypocrites!!!!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
The same way u like to force your hypocritical doctrines on non JW. Tell me what I don't know not what I knew.
As far as I am concerned, JW are hypocrites!!!!

Well it's my pleasure to tell you that YOU DON'T KNOW the meaning of the word FORCE Sir! cheesy

Perhaps what you meant is you've noticed people in your neighbourhood actively doing what Jesus commanded, and after turning down their invitation to join them in worshiping in the right way {Hebrew 10:24-25} you are scared of what might happen to you for turning them down! Hebrew 10:27 embarassed
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Well it's my pleasure to tell you that YOU DON'T KNOW the meaning of the word FORCE Sir! cheesy

Perhaps what you meant is you've noticed people in your neighbourhood actively doing what Jesus commanded, and after turning down their invitation to join them in worshiping in the right way {Hebrew 10:24-25} you are scared of what might happen to you for turning them down! Hebrew 10:27 embarassed
I remember I told one of your hypocrites not to ring my door bell again. I'm cool with my Church teachings. Hanging bags on the arm supported by an umbrella is never an evidence of righteousness. Go tell you other hypocrites I said so!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
I remember I told one of your hypocrites not to ring my door bell again. I'm cool with my Church teachings. Hanging bags on the arm supported by an umbrella is never an evidence of righteousness. Go tell you other hypocrites I said so!

How i wish you're truthful about what you just typed up there? undecided

Someone in your neighbourhood actively preaching and teaching God's word came and rang your doorbell. You told him never to do that again and himself with the partner carried their gbangbajious bags and scram!

I still don't get how FORCE is applied here!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

How i wish you're truthful about what you just typed up there? undecided

Someone in your neighbourhood actively preaching and teaching God's word came and rang your doorbell. You told him never to do that again and himself with the partner carried their gbangbajious bags and scram!

I still don't get how FORCE is applied here!
I don't their doctrine. I would prefer if someone else's share the word of God with me. I don;t want hypocrites who test the word of God with scientific belief.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
I don't like their doctrine. I would prefer if someone else's share the word of God with me. I don;t want hypocrites who test the word of God with scientific belief.

You've not said anything about the FORCE Sir! embarassed
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 10:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

You've not said anything about the FORCE Sir! embarassed
Same way u haven't said anything about been hypocrite sir!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
Same way u haven't said anything about been hypocrite sir!

That's another label best understood by you NOT me Sir!

You're the same person who raised both issues,
FORCE and HYPOCRITE.

Jehovah's Witnesses taught me to settle issues one after the other!

That's why i reserved the "HYPOCRITE" aspect to grasp the case of "FORCE" first! undecided
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

That's another label best understood by you NOT me Sir!

You're the same person who raised both issues,
FORCE and HYPOCRITE.

Jehovah's Witnesses taught me to settle issues one after the other!

That's why i reserved the "HYPOCRITE" aspect to grasp the case of "FORCE" first! undecided
How do u explain some constantly telling u a thing u are in discordance with? Baba, let's save ourselves this dialogue cos neither u nor I ll give in. Besides, I've gat better things to do with my time.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
How do u explain some constantly telling u a thing u are in discordance with? Baba, let's save ourselves this dialogue cos neither u nor I ll give in. Besides, I've gat better things to do with my time.

Confirmed!

False accusations!

Thanks Sir! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself / Where Was God Living Before HE Created Heaven??? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.