Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? (56360 Views)

12 Health Uses Of Aidan Fruits: Tetrapleura Tetraptera (photos) / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by samguru(m): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
The plant is called " ACALYPHA"

very good for treatment of jaundice in babies and also good to treat irregular mensuration.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by gmaribel(m): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Its very effective in treating a certain kind of rash in babies called illa.

Just boil it and use the water to bathe the child.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Tblesd:
I don't even know the name but it looks like the leaf Yoruba used to do Kito drink. I heard it supplies blood to the body
FTC for the first time. This should be a sign of good thing coming. Seun, where are you? I need alert
dem no Dey pay o bro FTC na scam
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by 2fine2fast(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
That’s Red acalaypha. Botanical name Acalypha wilkessia. The extract has been used locally as an antimicrobial. For baby rashes Ela.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by lilybonny(f): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
zoezoelogistics:

Come on. This is far from being ewe dongoyaro.
Teacher Biko don’t teach me nonsense ooh . Lol

smiley cheesy
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by SEGLIZ: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Go buy hibiscus tea and see for yourself. Zobo is simply dried hibiscus flower

AwkaetitiBabe they might have the same colouration but I am telling you what I know.
I don't know the name of this leaf be it English or Yoruba but the one for Zobo is called ìsápá in Yoruba (for clear pronunciation, ìshákpá).
check the previous comments you quoted I mentioned it's use.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
SEGLIZ:

AwkaetitiBabe no kill person o, nobi hibiscus den dey use for Zobo.
besides that is not hibisc us, I don't know name but it is use for èélá in Yoruba land that is the kind of rashes or rash that causes the pinkish colouration of babies skin or pinkish discoloration of on babies skin.
I don't like arguing

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by hiviris: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Pls, I would like to know the name & what it's used for?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by olasaad(f): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enwhen:

CONFIRMED THESE:

Is it pure green ??(cos of the pic)

Is the leaf hard and rough ??( Does the leaf has something like kro kro all over ?)

NO, NO IDEA. but if YES

IT IS USE FOR LOWERING BLOOD PRESSURE.

Actually the flower is red not green. It's called red flower. It is meanly used for baby rashes.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by chuksjuve(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Pls, I would like to know the name & what it's used for?

This is a species of Acalypha wilkesiana popularly called ewe eela in Yoruba .

Used for curing body rashes in children below the age of 5 years ..

Some drink it but it's best you use it to bath the child ..

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by klever18(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's hibiscus flower, popularly used for zobo undecided
wtf?

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Farki: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
madridguy:
White man fake theory....Nigerians medical problems triple when we start neglecting our herbs.

Is that why non African countries have higher life expectancies?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by stealmatic(m): 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
"Ewe dongoyaro"... remedy for malaria and typhoid fever cheesy
kai hanti dats nt dongoyaro leaf,wen u wil be slayn up and dan y wil u knw
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Diego1989(m): 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Openbusiness:
OP shocked, omg, what have you done to yourself? That's called the leaf of Babel. Legend has it that anywhere the leaf is planted, the leprechauns of Olympus and the gnomes of Scandinavia would come and pluck the leaves. Here's the most interesting part: for every time they pluck, the height of whoever planted it will reduce by 1mm. Check yourself, are you shorter than before? cheesy
Lol. Funny
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by kibraaminase(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
it called 'ewe lapalapa pupa' I don't know it's english name but it's used to cure jedijedi

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by nanizle(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
jacoik:
It boost blood. The leaf itself is pure blood when cook. If you did surgery and lost so much. Blood and want to boost it in 12hrs then use the leaf. Just cook and see the magic

Do you know what blood is? undecided
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by eyinola: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
haaahaaaa..this is not dongoyaroo oooo grin
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by SEGLIZ: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
I don't like arguing

yes with that flower on pack you are right on Zobo but that flower is not gotten from that plant post earlier.
this not about argument we all are out to learn. that plant use be in my compound the leaves were harvested by nursing mothers till it went into extinction from my compound except we decide to search for and plant again.
also while I was growing my dad loved flowers so much he planted and for same purpose people collected it.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by adexontop(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Acalypha wilkesiana is traditionally use to treat skin problem very potent against baby rashes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by madridguy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Our major problem started when we abandoned our herbs and root and embrace their own way.

Farki:

Is that why non African countries have higher life expectancies?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enn214(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
See applications cheesy Maybe i go start to cultivate in large quantity
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by SEGLIZ: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
chuksjuve:

This is a species of Acalypha wilkesiana popularly called ewe eela in Yoruba .

Used for curing body rashes in children below the age of 5 years ..

Some drink it but it's best you use it to bath the child ..

Thank you

respect sir.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by arceem(m): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
The marlians should know it nao, they are the best plant science , they deal mostly with leaves�
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Lavisha(f): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
nellyzkid:
The flower is use in curing jundice for children but I can't recall or remember it's name
correct
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by iretemide(f): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
This is called acalypha,it is used for babies that have skin discoloration popularly known as Èla in Yoruba .
They are given minute quantity to drink and mix small quantity with their bathing water.
It is of two types; Acalypha green ( more efficient from experience) and Acalypha Red
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enwhen(m): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
olasaad:

Actually the flower is red not green. It's called red flower. It is meanly used for baby rashes.

KK, thanks Sister.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enn214(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
grandlexuz:
Can you take a picture of the flower it produces? Attach two a more shots showing its stem etc..

check, u'l see some long hairy ones around the leaves
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Tcheck(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
I don't know what it's called but it's used to treat nla in babies. they boil it and give it to the child to drink. it was used for my son.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by xtrim1: 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
Red acalypha. And yes it works like magic in treating skin discoloration on babies.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by siraj1402(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
That is lapalapa pupa, it's use in stopping purging and in the treatment of pile or when one is having stomach issues. Though it's been use for some other advance treatment that I can't mention here.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:

Dongoyaro Jo....dantata ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have HIV I Am Finished. / Fulani Herdsmen Lost Their Cows To Food Poison In Delta / Photo Of A Lady Making Palm Oil Locally Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.