Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? (56361 Views)

12 Health Uses Of Aidan Fruits: Tetrapleura Tetraptera (photos) / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by joceey(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
AbiBuruji722:
It's used for baby rashes

Dont mind them its use for baby rashes just like she said

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by colizee(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
Flower kó flour ni
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Ormorlehwah(f): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
Some called it red flower, it is to as herb for babies rashes,you can cook it with the outer part of onions, the baby can drink it and also use for bathing.
It also work for typhoid or malaria, when you cook with pap water,lemon grass and other.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Ormorlehwah(f): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
SEGLIZ:

AwkaetitiBabe they might have the same colouration but I am telling you what I know.
I don't know the name of this leaf be it English or Yoruba but the one for Zobo is called ìsápá in Yoruba (for clear pronunciation, ìshákpá).
check the previous comments you quoted I mentioned it's use.
yes you are right, some Yoruba call it ewe zobo/ flowa pupa, but it is not the real zobo leaf.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Farki: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
madridguy:
Our major problem started when we abandoned our herbs and root and embrace their own way.

Herbs and roots have their place, like eating yam to increase likelihood of birthing twins. But please in the name of whatever diety you worship don't use 'agbo' to treat serious ailments like HIV and Diabetes. Their claims are unverified and untested and might even cause more physical harm like liver damage or interfere with medicines. I hope the people selling 'ABC Herbal mixture' from their Toyota Corolla are listening.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Kingluqman(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Your neighbors saabi better thing, I'm sure those your neighbors coming for this flower are Yorubas...we Yorubas like herbal concoction, if I'm right I think this should be Botuje pupa as Yorubas call it
Omo agba! Hor karey lai

Ewe lapalapa/iyalode pupa ni. Only know the spiritual uses grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Perfecttouchade: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Kingluqman:
Omo agba! Hor karey lai
[b][/b]

Ewe lapalapa/iyalode pupa ni. Only know the spiritual uses grin grin
gbaayi brother cheesy Hor Karey Lai make me remember my old folks grin Karey Lai

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Obascoetubi: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
"Ewe dongoyaro"... remedy for malaria and typhoid fever cheesy
no English name?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by AK284(m): 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
The name of the plant family is Red Acalypha

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Perfecttouchade: 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Obascoetubi:
no English name?
English name is " don't go Yaro grin
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Mbenny(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's hibiscus flower, popularly used for zobo undecided
zobo is from red sorrel plant
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Newmans: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
This flower looks like one in the clinacantus family's.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Rushtec(m): 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
haba. zobo is not a leaf or flower sir
AwkaetitiBabe:
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Mbenny(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
nellyzkid:
The flower is use in curing jundice for children but I can't recall or remember it's name
you are right i use to see people used it on there new born babies
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by AK284(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Pls, I would like to know the name & what it's used for?

This plant(red Acalypha) is not too red because it not under direct sunlight,it a plant that love sunlight to bring out the maximum red colour
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Correcton(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ewe Oyinbo simple
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by firebaby(f): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ewe lapalapa i think
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by PharmNG: 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's Acalypha wilkesiana. The yorubas call it "ewe eela"
It's used to treat fungal skin infections particularly in infants. the leaves are boiled/brewed in large pots and used to bathe the infected child daily.

Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by true4dtruth: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
Are you keeping malice with those people coming to pluck it in your compound...if no, your best bet is to ask them for the usage. You don't have to post a minor qst that simply asking those plucking it can give answers to.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by adagba001: 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Dont know the name but people use it to cure Jedi Jedi in new born babies
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mfm04622: 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:

Wrong!!!
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
ANDROID PHONE FOR SALE.

Brand/Model: Gionee m6, mini.

Details includes;

Dual Micro-SIM
Display Type : AMOLED
Screen Size: 5.1-6 inches
Resolution: 1080 x 1920
RAM: 1 GB
Storage Capacity: 16 GB
Card Slot :MicroSD, up to 256 GB
Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0
Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2
Operating System: Android
Colour: Black

Telephone: 08162504225

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by causimalbarka(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:

It is called Lapa pupa.. I dont know it English name.
It is use for fever..
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Mekanus(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That shit ain't no hibiscus ma'am.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by davidtemi(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
zoko ni grin undecided
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by anuofGod(f): 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
SEGLIZ:

AwkaetitiBabe no kill person o, nobi hibiscus den dey use for Zobo.
besides that is not hibisc us, I don't know name but it is use for èélá in Yoruba land that is the kind of rashes or rash that causes the pinkish colouration of babies skin or pinkish discoloration of on babies skin.

Very true
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by anuofGod(f): 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
tolu99:
Though i dont know the name of the flower, but it is being used to clear heat rashes on babies. Yoruba calls the heat rashes "eela".

That's true.
They call it flower pupa (red flower).
It's cloves that is used in making zobo.
This flower is boiled and used in bathing babies to clear rashes on their body (eela and alefo).
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by tfelicityk(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
I learnt it used to bath new born baby some kind of skin rashes...
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by abbey12: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
That is hibiscus, if chewed raw it lowers blood pressure. Too much of it can be dangerous though.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by farem: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
"Ewe dongoyaro"... remedy for malaria and typhoid fever cheesy

Do you mean what you are saying or just want to write something?
Dongoyaro kò, Dongo-mallam ni!
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by DaSailor: 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
Abeg bros where your house dey make I come collect some oo, need am for my baby who is having the rash since Saturday. I serious o.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mikaelzX(m): 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
Openbusiness:
OP shocked, omg, what have you done to yourself? That's called the leaf of Babel. Legend has it that anywhere the leaf is planted, the leprechauns of Olympus and the gnomes of Scandinavia would come and pluck the leaves. Here's the most interesting part: for every time they pluck, the height of whoever planted it will reduce by 1mm. Check yourself, are you shorter than before? cheesy
which book or movie have you just finished watching?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have HIV I Am Finished. / Fulani Herdsmen Lost Their Cows To Food Poison In Delta / Photo Of A Lady Making Palm Oil Locally Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.