Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (60074 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / See How A Woman Escape Bitten By This Snake (viper) In AKABOR, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
YomiTee123:
you are not serious you wicked shaaa cry cry cry [/b]
Google is ur friend
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
virago:
That isn't a black mamba for all those saying it's a black mamba and the black mamba isn't the most venomous snake in the world

God bless you

They forget the great uncle taipan

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
davillian:
Are you ok!? Can't you see the eyes !? And head
The eyes is like urs, so u are venomous, rubbish
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Babaheekmat: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
WendellSimilin:

I'm telling you. A user comes on here, and posts a situation seeking for a very important information and so many useless comments not connected with the topic

Too many kids here on NL.. It's very frustrating

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Dabss(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Sam2310:
ok, what about the pupil?
Is it a venomous or not?
most snakes with an elliptical pupil are venomous. Not all.

I know this particular rat snake, it is 100 percent a constrictor.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Sam2310(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Dabss:

Alright.
Is it possible for a nonvenomous to have fang
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by sotall(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
From the picture, the neck region of that snake can't be easily differentiated from the head, hence it's not triangular.

I usually watch this program on DSTV called " Snake in the city"

My opinion is that it's a cobra

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by lomprico(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mouthgag:
BLACK MAMBA of course

and they are very VERY venomous.

NB: There is nothing like a poisonous snake.
Poisons can only be ingested like food. Snake venoms are usually INJECTED.

no black mamba in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Tenshades(m): 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
lomprico:

no black mamba in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by virago(f): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Gidison:

It isn't correct English. They are venomous and not poisonous. It is not that they taste like poison but they inject venoms that are poisonous.

I guess that was what he was trying to pass across.

Nope , some species of snake actually ingest poison from a poisonous toad and inject it into prey , these snakes inject poison and not venom. I can't remember the name but I'll search for it and post it here
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by davillian(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Madara12:

The eyes is like urs, so u are venomous, rubbish
Don't mislead him
Before he gets bitten by a venomous snake thinking is doesn't have venom

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by byteem: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
COBRA... VERY POISONOUS... SEEK YOUR NEIGHBOURS PERMISSION.. CLEAR THE LAND .. BURN IT AND THROW LOTS OF CABARD THE ONE USED BY YOUR LOCAL PANEL BEATER .. ALSO GET A FUMIGATOR TO FUMIGATE YOUR HOUSE ..BE SAFE
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=Sam2310 post=85759277][/quote]
Uncle Jonah, is that a snake pit??, u are so lost
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by SEGLIZ: 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
TissuePaper:
What a useless forum... Just look at the useless comments on the first page, why are Africans this foolish

when the presidency accused Nigerian youth of laziness and lack of intellect hope weren't one of those that attacked pologthe president over that statement?
if you were one those that attacked the president over that statement dno you now realize you owe an apology to the presidency, as a result of this experience.
they rush post like they have something reasonable but at the end na nuisance them be.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by sirusX(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
WendellSimilin:

Is that what you were asked?

Hunger can make a man hear double. So I had to answer based on belle things

It's not my fault oh cry
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
Dabss:

God bless u man, I can't count how many have seen too, this their breeding season
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
sotall:
From the picture, the neck region of that snake can't be easily differentiated from the head, hence it's not triangular.

I usually watch this program on DSTV called " Snake in the city"

My opinion is that it's a cobra

I watch it too, but that's not a cobra, OP can't say his killed 20 cobra's like that haha, they are not know for group grooming
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by lomprico(m): 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
Tenshades:

cos u havent seen one or u were told they are not in Nigeria?

which one?

e no dey eeeeeeee
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
davillian:

Don't mislead him
Before he gets bitten by a venomous snake thinking is doesn't have venom

Don't say what u don't know
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by castiello(m): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] that’s black mamba very dangerous boss

Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Tenshades(m): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
lomprico:

e no dey eeeeeeee
grin
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Kylekent59: 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
That's a rat snake. You see them at the top of a fence taking heat during the day. They are very active at Night also. Diurnal and can be nocturnal also.

They love waterlogged area with frogs and fishes in it. Rat is also their main target, hence the name "Rat snake"

Their mother lays egg on the spikes of palm tree. Check any palm tree around and you will see its eggs.

If you break it, you will definitely find its baby alive, but cannot crawl.

Cut off branches of a palm tree. Been long though

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
ultimatebas:
That snake is venomous because the head is triangular in shape. The venom glands are normally at the jaws of the mouth thereby making the jaws big hence forming the triangular shape of the head.

Non venomous snakes don't usually have triangular heads.
80% true...but the highly venoumous coral snake and the common krait don’t have triangular head.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
Kylekent59:
That's a rat snake. You see them at the top of a fence taking heat during the day. They are very active at Night also. Diurnal and can be nocturnal also.

God bless you, you know ur snakes
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by nacortic(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Skepticus:

Black mambas have never been found in Western Africa, dumbo!

A lot of you on this forum hardly learn nor bother to learn and would hardly accept correction.

No wonder you are being ruled by equally stupid louts you call leaders.

Back to your topic, The black mambas are restricted only to Southern Africa and their closest relative in Western Africa is the green mamba. The identifying sign of a black mamba is the black colouring of its inner mouth and its very aggressive disposition. It's venom, though very potent isn't as deadly as that of the Cape Cobra.

However, there are many species of snakes (venomous and nonvenomous) that mimic the looks of these mambas

From the photos of the OP here, I'm guessing it's an eastern rat snake or the West African forest cobra.

Stop bothering urself correcting pple dat dont know anything bout snake.
Black mamba are not black dey are grey, black mambas av small heads nd her very fast and as long as 12 to 15ft long and can neva be found in nigeria if it is found might be green mamba but neva black
So ur wasting ur tym educating pple here dat dont know anything bout snakes, it like sayin a polar bear is white

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by akdjr(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
This is Awuse
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Tenshades(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

80% true...but the highly venoumous coral snake and the common krait don’t have triangular head.

Correct.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by davillian(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
Madara12:

Don't say what u don't know
I know what I'm saying a snakes eyes gives them a way
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by EgusiShankly: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
telling from the shape/design of its eyes, it's a venomous snake... but I don't know the name

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mightyhaiz: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Germi9:
I suggest u just go and buy snake anti-venom and keep in your house or pocket,dia one u have killed more than 20 of them,they surely will come for u
anti venom don't turn paracetamol when u fit buy keep for drug chest.. Where u go even see am buy? How u go refrigerate/preserve am? How u wan take administer am. U know how many anti venom dey and which one to give? grin

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Semaj77(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
virago:

Nope , some species of snake actually ingest poison from a poisonous toad and inject it into prey , these snakes inject poison and not venom. I can't remember the name but I'll search for it and post it here

You're right

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mightyhaiz: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
how did u kill it pls.. Am doing a research on effective ways to kill a snake
safaxano

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / I Am A Human Chimera / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.