Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. (4613 Views)

Naira Crisis Suits Must Be Decided Today - Supreme Court / Secondus, Peter Obi, Abaribe Protest Against Supreme Court Judgement In Abuja / Tribunal: APC Big Wigs In Court Awaiting Judgement In Atiku/PDP Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 2:38am On Jan 13, 2020
Tambuwal is likely to lose his seat as over 1000 policemen deployed ahead of supreme court judgement slated for today. No police to Kano and Imo. I think the judgement is passed even before the commencement of the supreme court hearing.

1 Like

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 2:42am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:
Tambuwal is likely to lose his seat as over 1000 policeman deployed ahead of supreme court judgement slated for today. No police to Kano and Imo. I think the judgement is passed even before the commencement of the supreme court hearing.
I dont think so.i feel ihedioha will instead lose his seat.out of the two one must go and i prefer ihedioha

5 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by itsme01: 4:12am On Jan 13, 2020
lets wait and see, Sokoto is an APC state no doubt

2 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by godwinkessi: 4:14am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

I dont think so.i feel ihedioha will instead lose his seat.out of the two one must go and i prefer ihedioha

Are u from imo? What did Ihedioha do to u?

1 Like

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 5:06am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

If you follow sokoto election, you will know that the court would rule against Tambuwal. There were some cancelled votes which are far more than 345 votes between the 1st and the 2nd. There should have been a rerun.

3 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by helinues: 5:08am On Jan 13, 2020
Me smell something meaty about todays judgement.. Tambuwal election will be upheld

3 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 5:13am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

Nah, I think the apex court ruling against Uche has voided the votes he garnered in AA party as the was no candidate presented by that party. So if you remove those votes, Ihedioha will have gotten the said 2/3 of LGs which was the bone of contention for the cancellation of that election.

2 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 5:39am On Jan 13, 2020
helinues:
Me smell something meaty about todays judgement.. Tambuwal election will be upheld
Lol....then why so much beefing up the security situation of the state just because you wan to pass a judgement. And it's only in that state amongst the states that would know the fate of their Governors today??
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by helinues: 5:50am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

Lol....then why so much beefing up the security situation of the state just because you wan to pass a judgement. And it's only in that state amongst the states that would know the fate of their Governors today??

What if the security agents had received intelligent about possible disruption of the judgements?

1 Like

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by DaminKilyn: 6:00am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
lets wait and see, Sokoto is an APC state no doubt
[/s]
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by abitex577(m): 6:20am On Jan 13, 2020
Watching in 3D
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 6:32am On Jan 13, 2020
helinues:

What if the security agents had received intelligent about possible disruption of the judgements?
Yeah, disruption should the sitting Gov loses, hence the need to beef up the security of the state. We are saying same thing nah
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by orisa37: 7:35am On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the update. NIGERIA GOD IS WATCHING, NOTING AND JUDGING FOR HIS GLORY.
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 9:02am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

Nah, I think the apex court ruling against Uche has voided the votes he garnered in AA party as the was no candidate presented by that party. So if you remove those votes, Ihedioha will have gotten the said 2/3 of LGs which was the bone of contention for the cancellation of that election.
No sir,am not talking about that two third spread.am talking about uzodinma's case where his results from 388 units were omitted.that case is solid

2 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

If you follow sokoto election, you will know that the court would rule against Tambuwal. There were some cancelled votes which are far more than 345 votes between the 1st and the 2nd. There should have been a rerun.
Are you forgetting that in the main election,it was inconclusive leading to a rerun and during a rerun,there cannot be another rerun.whoever leads wins according to inec guidelines

1 Like

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2020
godwinkessi:

Are u from imo? What did Ihedioha do to u?
He's an illegal governor

2 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by macolino(m): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2020
Ihedioha should get ready to vacate the Douglas House..He never won that Election.

3 Likes

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

No sir,am not talking about that two third spread.am talking about uzodinma's case where his results from 388 units were omitted.that case is solid
But if they are added, will it be able to lead Ihedioha
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

But if they are added, will it be able to lead Ihedioha
Yes,if added he will have 300,000 votes placing him ahead but i dont know if it will give him the spread
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by ogmask: 9:49am On Jan 13, 2020
I'm particularly interested in Imo state.
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by chukel(m): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

you don't even understand the concept of 2/3rd spread
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 10:35am On Jan 13, 2020
chukel:
you don't even understand the concept of 2/3rd spread
It's you who don't understand the concept of 2/3 spread. Remove the votes garnered by Uche Nwosu and see if Ihedioha will not get 25% in 14 out of 21 LG in IMO state. But with Uche Nwosu votes he was able to get 25% in only 12 LGs which is not up to 2/3 of the entire LGs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by vicdom(m): 10:38am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

Yes,if added he will have 300,000 votes placing him ahead but i dont know if it will give him the spread
Then he has a valid case. But I ask, on what basis were the units votes omitted??
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

Then he has a valid case. But I ask, on what basis were the units votes omitted??
Good,were heading somewhere.you are very reasonable and objective.inec couldn't provide reasonable basis for all the 388 units.in some units,they claimed that there was overvoting and that they arrived at this decision through the card reader records meanwhile the supreme court defines overvoting as when total valid votes exceeds registered voters not accredited voters and this was re-echoed again last ween in the judgment affirming ikpeazu's election.
Again,the cancelation were done from the collation points meanwhile the electoral act empowers only the presiding officers to do so at the units and any result emanating from polling units stands except set aside by the courts.
The burden of proof is usually on the petitioner but from the evidences of hope,this shifted to inec which has failed to rebute it.inec never produced any counter results to disprove that of hope.

1 Like

Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by sosospence(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

No governor is losing out rightly today.
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

It's you who don't understand the concept of 2/3 spread. Remove the votes garnered by Uche Nwosu and see if Ihedioha will not get 25% in 14 out of 21 LG in IMO state. But with Uche Nwosu votes he was able to get 25% in only 12 LGs which is not up to 2/3 of the entire LGs.
That two third spread angle is no longer tenable with the removal of nwosu and based in the supreme court ruling in zamfara unless they will find a way to validate the votes and give it life
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by chukel(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2020
vicdom:

2/3rd spread is not with respect to any other candidate. But with respect to total votes cast in each of the LGAs
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by garfield1: 10:50am On Jan 13, 2020
sosospence:
No governor is loosing out rightly today.
Don't be surprised if one loses but going by supreme court antecedents and body language,they love affirmation
Re: I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. by sosospence(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2020
garfield1:

Don't be surprised if one loses but going by supreme court antecedents and body language,they love affirmation
There will be no total loss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Abba Kyari’s Location, As Lagos Govt Confirms, He’s Not / Check Out APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu's Look (pic) / Northern Youths Burn Nigerian Flag, Lament Northerners Feeding On Leaves Under T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.