Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards (1015 Views)

Naira Marley: Marlians Don’t Do Drugs Unless It Is Prescribed / The Best Cars Frank Edwards Drives (Photos) / I Will Only Change My Music If Someone Offers Me $10million – Rudeboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards by GIFTNAIJA: 2:56am On Jan 13, 2020
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Frank Edward tells Punch about the intricacies of his career and other issues in an interview with them.
He said:
There are so many reasons. Firstly, you have to understand that the industry and ministry is not the same thing. Gospel music is a ministry, the other one is an industry, so it functions fully like that. The gospel ministry is totally different from the secular industry even though you might say that there is a business side of it which makes it similar
in gospel ministry, the business aspect of it is never the focus. I tell people that if you want to make money, don’t do gospel music; you would have a lot of issues. Gospel music means one is reaching out to people through music; the others are strictly entertainment or at least 70-80 per cent entertainment. The company would rather give the opportunity to musicians who sing songs that all religions, including Christians, would dance to, either at a party or in a club. Because the companies are looking for numbers, they would give the brand ambassadorship to someone who everybody loves their music. If the companies give it to gospel singers like me, people who don’t listen to gospel would probably not pay attention. Although I’m a brand ambassador, it is not everything that one must do as a gospel artiste

read more@ https://www.giftnaija.com.ng/dont-do-gospel-music-if-you-want-to-make-money-frank-edwards/

Re: Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards by dangotesmummy: 3:14am On Jan 13, 2020
Well,one thing I know is that secular music comes with wiri wiri money e.g fast money but gospel music is slow and steady money.it won't come immediately as with secular but as your name develops and becomes known globally, your money increases e.g tope alabi
Re: Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards by ehbellsho(m): 4:30am On Jan 13, 2020
Okay. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards by Kingdollar28(m): 5:41am On Jan 13, 2020
wink

My guy no need competitor grin

And u Sabi say naija too like copy-copy...!!

So, nigger wan use brain discourage men.. wink

#wisdom

Re: Don’t Do Gospel Music If You Want To Make Money’ – Frank Edwards by englishmart(m): 6:16am On Jan 13, 2020
This one is indirectly scared of potential competitors. There's enough money to go round.. Where does he get his money from if there's no money in gospel music?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘i’d Rather Share My Husband Than Lose Him To Any Other Woman’ – Sir Shina Peter / Did You Believe This Is Not A Digital Picture But Talent? / Beyonce And Jennifer Lopez Honor Kobe And Gigi Bryant With Their Nail Art Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.