Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed (52374 Views)

Three Drones Downed After Explosions Heard In Iran’s Isfahan: State Media / War On Gaza: Israeli Protesters Demand Netanyahu’s Resignation / Iran Seeks The Help Of America To Analyze Downed Plane's Black Boxes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by goslowgoslow(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
blowjohn:

Well, look at it from this angle:
do u think iranians are being oppressed or not in their leaders?
Good question but I can really say. If however they are being oppressed that is strictly their internal problem. Nigerians are equally oppressed in their own country.

1 Like

Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Kinikini: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
May God heal those who harbour so much venon that they can't sleep. May they realise a coin will forever have two sides and the two sides have no reason to be bitter with themselves because the coin is not a whole without the two sides.

Realtord43:
Iran citizen know better now! but some terrorist in north nd southwest(moslem afonja) think the know iran affair more than its citizen. God will continue to bless and strengthen TrumP so we can have peace on mother earth angry
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Dybala11(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayjay69:
to say that their enemy is not USA clearly shows you this group of individuals are most likely sponsored by western forces.

what happened was inexcusable regarding the shooting down of the plane and I feel that the only way forward is to offer full and commensurate compensation for the families of the individuals involved. may God almighty rest their souls. a similar incident happened in 1988 when USS Vincennes shot down Iran Air Flight 655 and till date the US Government has never accepted responsibility, although the settled the relatives involved to the tune of over $100m.

but to say USA is not an enemy of Iran or the Iranian people shows how daft whoever made such a statement is. the USA and its allies have continually imposed sanctions on the Islamic republic of Iran since 1979, for what you may ask, for the fact that they seized the initiative to direct the affairs of their country as they deemed fit.

these sanctions have actually affected the poorest and middle class citizens of this country more than they have affected the elite class and I do not know whatelse Iran has done other than maintain their right to be a sovereign nation. agreed they have sponsored proxy groups that fight for iranian interests the world over but is that not what other countries do all in the name of maintaining a stranglehold on the world. all is fair in love and war. one side does not have a right to accuse the other of wrong doing especially when the accuser is as bad as the accused.

and the plane would never have been shot down in the first place if Trump had not killed the General and escalated tensions in that region.
Oga, your argument is not from objective reasoning. Do you think things will be this calm if the US military crashed an airplane containing it's citizens by mistake, think of the consequences and fallouts of such an act on the US government and the US military at large, if such an act was proved to have been there doing?
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Dybala11(m): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
goslowgoslow:

Good question but I can really say. If however they are being oppressed that is strictly their internal problem. Nigerians are equally oppressed in their own country.
Very true bro, let's face our problems too as Nigerians, we have our fair share of oppression from the government and it's agencies too
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by luluman: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
arantess:
Nigerians need to replicate this
When the mumus in Naija will even attack them for saying what they want.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Galadimabawa: 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
After saying on Saturday that he was “inspired” by the courage of the demonstrators, U.S. President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday: “To the leaders of Iran - DO NOT KILL YOUR PROTESTERS. Thousands have already been killed or imprisoned by you, and the World is watching. More importantly, the USA is watching. Turn your internet back on and let reporters roam free!”
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by seangy4konji: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Us will never allow the world to rest.

I see no reason why USA must meddle with every four try..is it a must to go and disrupt different could tries?Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Vietnam,Cuba,water,Yemen,Oman,Somalia everywhere. They must leave their house house and destroy another country by force by fire..

I tire for that country..if you know the way they are meddling with affairs on Nigeria also..CIA all over Lagos.. Collecting bribes and assassinating people codedly.

I no deh go that USA for anything..when was last time you hear say Japan leave yokoha go deh meddle with affair or Haiti's ?na only USA.

Be policing everybody..people get tired and voice out.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by APOSTLECHUMA: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
IRAN IS AN APPRENTICE SUPER POWER.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by BOBAN2710: 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
arantess:
REPLICATE IT FOR WAT slowpoke?
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by kayjay69(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
I see where you are coming from my bro and I agree that my argument is not bulletproof.

Thanks for pointing this out to me, I appreciate.
Dybala11:

Oga, your argument is not from objective reasoning. Do you think things will be this calm if the US military crashed an airplane containing it's citizens by mistake, think of the consequences and fallouts of such an act on the US government and the US military at large, if such an act was proved to have been there doing?
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by golddare: 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash/our-enemy-is-here-iran-protesters-demand-that-leaders-quit-after-plane-downed-idUSKBN1ZA0X6

Arab spring loading. This is a wicked regime, imagine what they would have done if they actually have nuclear weapon. Killing innocent souls just like that.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Skodiswayze(m): 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Fine there are good and bad people, buh muslims are extremists

shamsin6300:
You see how passionate Muslims are?
But people likes to judge Islam because of B/haram, ISIS e.t.c
We all know that not every1 is destiny to make Heaven.
Even in your own family there are good and bad people.

Proudly a Muslim
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by EdiskyHarry: 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Opiletool:
US don dey chook hand. Another Lybian strategy to down Iranian government.
honesty you are making sense
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by shamsin6300(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
CrestMan:

FACT:

Not all muslims are terrorists(Including You) but all terrorists are muslims wink

U get it wrong bruh.
There re other religions in diz terrorism just dt most of dem re hiding under Islam 2 commit their crime.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Stanzar7: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Western Media Propaganda

Terrorists sympathizer spotted
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by bizzibodi(m): 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
I advice Iranian military to go & beg istrael defence force to teach them how to shoot & intercept missiles. grin
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Legendguru: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
HMMmm
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by SirKomA(m): 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
goslowgoslow:

And what of the stupid action taken by the USA?

Do you see killing a terrorist a stupid action? SMH
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Kingspin(m): 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
arantess:
Only Aboki Almajiri protest can save Nigeria.

But unfortunately, that part of the country is deaf and dumb.

The only language they understand is killing.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by uyplus(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
shamsin6300:
You see how passionate Muslims are?
But people likes to judge Islam because of B/haram, ISIS e.t.c
We all know that not every1 is destiny to make Heaven.
Even in your own family there are good and bad people.

Proudly a Muslim

These are Shi'as and not the devilish and Satan incarnates called the Sunni's!
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Rosskii: 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
jaxxy:
Truely the Us is not the enemy. Iran shud embrace the right policies and perhaps change its leadership, this error was a costly mistake that shud never have happened and they must learn from it.

Do you know the history of the Iranian revolution of 1978 which brought in the Ayatollahs, and the US role in bringing it about?

Lemme guess. You haven't a clue.

The problem with you Nigerian youth is that you don't study or research issues. You just blab off the top of your head in response to the impulses generated in you by the western media version of reality.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by YoungLionken(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
kjhova:

Hi bro,

The skepticism from some of us isn't about Trump. As Trump came, he will go. It is about US foreign policy & US relations with weaker countries, irrespective of the administration in power in Washington.

America's reach to even the most obscure corners of this world can be so shocking that there is no telling where they cannot engineer an anti-govt protest. Both the CIA and Peace Corp have operatives in virtually all nations of the world who can be handy in launching and/or hijacking and funding anti-govt protests or even revolution against any other world govt.

This said, America's control over the international media space is even more daunting.

Think of it this way. Since the beginning of this latest Iran Crisis, let's review how you have interfaced with the events through the media:

- You heard/read that there is an "Iran Crisis" from CNN/Yahoo News/Reuters/AFP/BBC or their local affiliates in your country. Meanwhile people in Iran don't know any Iran Crisis. They only know the "American Aggression" which is how it is reported over there.

- You hear the US point of view directly from US operatives (POTUS, Sec. of Defense, Sec. of State, White House spokespersons, etc.) via western media while your only access to Iranian opinion is filtered through this same medium, heavily edited and deliberately slanted to their preference.

- You hear severally that Iran is a "regime", Soleimani is a terrorist, Iran is a terror state.

All of these from the same sources you are exposed to. Even when you google to fact-find, the algorithm that channels results to you still run through America. Without holding brief, it is fair to say that Iran is a democracy and the current admin of Rouhani is not a regime. Soleimani, as head of the Iran elite guard is not a terrorist. He is a government agent doing the bidding of his sovereign nation Just like Donald Runsfeld & Dick Cheney did for America in coordinating the US attack on Iraq, just like Mike Pompeo & Mark Esper are doing for America in the current involvements in Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon etc. There are many Iraqis/Iranians who would see George W. Bush and Cheney as terrorists for the atrocities they perpetrated on Iraq but don't have the media spread to convince you of this nor the military reach to drop a bomb on their heads.

I am quite sure that the Iranian protesters love their country and have the right to demand good governance from their leaders. I am also sure that they are smart enough not to want America's help in removing their government or invading their country. Libya isn't so long ago as an example of how that will end.

One could see your high level of intelligence in your written piece. I can't help but to commend you smiley

However, D. Trump/America isn't as bad as the Arabians always paint them to be. For short,try and conduct a research on the atrocities of the dead general against America,any country that values its citizens would either do same or worse. Hope you knew how Nigerians reacted during the previous xenophobic attacks coordinated in several parts of SA,and the hate majority of us still have against them by extension?

I don't just get my information from the aforementioned only, I also get first hand info from my very good friend from Iran(a communication expert). I learnt a lot from happenings within Iran that are kept from the media space...
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by ServantsOfTruth: 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
Islam is the religion of the devil all they do is to kill, rape and do drugs

Homosexuals can block me

Fools
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Rosskii: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
YoungLionken:

One could see your high level of intelligence in your written piece. I can't help but to commend you smiley

However, D. Trump/America isn't as bad as the Arabians always paint them to be.

Excuse me, America slaughtered 1 million ''Arabians'' over a pack of lies that one of their leaders had weapons of mass destruction. This was done partly to conquer the country and seize control its oil resources, away from a recalcitrant Saddam Hussein, who sought absolute national independence.

Today, Saddam is demonized by the western media. Just as Mugabe is demonized. Just as any 'third world' leader is demonized who tries to challenge white supremacist policies adversely affecting their nations.

Of course, because you are brainwashed by the western media, you don't see things the way I just outlined. To you, the militant Arab response to this western emasculation is simply the agitators being ''troublemakers'' and ''terrorists''.

But if you had been born in those regions, you would not consider yourself or your comrades as ''terrorists'' or ''troublemakers''. You would regard them as freedom fighters with every fibre of your being, knowing the full history of the region inside out, from birth.

So you cannot be an independent observer of the international situation if you cannot place yourself through knowledge and empathy, into the direct situational conditions of each party.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Snapchat: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

IF IT IS NIGERIA CAN ANY 0NE GUESS WHAT THE POLICE WILL DO TO THE PROTESTERS

Same Iran government that kills it's citizens without pity. Make further research, they worse pass naija.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by oonix(f): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash/our-enemy-is-here-iran-protesters-demand-that-leaders-quit-after-plane-downed-idUSKBN1ZA0X6
so this is how these guys will nuke the whole world by mistake if they have nuclear power..lol
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Khaleell001(m): 10:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
arantess:
it should be replicated on you and you alone. Nonsense!
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by jaxxy(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
Rosskii:

Do you know the history of the Iranian revolution of 1978 which brought in the Ayatollahs, and the US role in bringing it about?

Lemme guess. You haven't a clue.

The problem with you Nigerian youth is that you don't study or research issues. You just blab off the top of your head in response to the impulses generated in you by the western media version of reality.

U have a point make it, trying to talk anybody down is achieves nothing, u don’t know everything also, I never said the us are saints or haven’t made mistakes in foreign policy in the past and recently bt atleast they try not to continue on such wrong policies once they realize it was wrong. Obama fixes the Cuba relations to sm point, trump is fixing the North Korea relations already. Iran shud stop leaving in the past and work on new and better policies/relations. Look at what has happened now. It’s a disaster.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by YoungLionken(m): 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
Rosskii:

Excuse me, America slaughtered 1 million ''Arabians'' over a pack of lies that one of their leaders had weapons of mass destruction. This was done partly to conquer the country and seize control its oil resources, away from a recalcitrant Saddam Hussein, who sought absolute national independence.

Today, Saddam is demonized by the western media. Just as Mugabe is demonized. Just as any 'third world' leader is demonized who tries to challenge white supremacist policies adversely affecting their nations.

Of course, because you are brainwashed by the western media, you don't see things the way I just outlined. To you, the militant Arab response to this western emasculation is simply the agitators being ''troublemakers'' and ''terrorists''.

But if you had been born in those regions, you would not consider yourself or your comrades as ''terrorists'' or ''troublemakers''. You would regard them as freedom fighters with every fibre of your being, knowing the full history of the region inside out, from birth.

So you cannot be an independent observer of the international situation if you cannot place yourself through knowledge and empathy, into the direct situational conditions of each party.

You know,it baffles me to know that you're outrightly supporting countries who are not even at peace within themselves.

You even mentioned Saddam Hussein (just like mentioning Sani Abacha,Adolf Hitler). If you don't know about the infamous atrocities of Hussein,then you should try and ask.

Let's not say it as if America is witch-hunting anybody or country. What about Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait,to mention a few. We read about how some people were already speculating that it could be Donald Trump who launched an attack on that plane, considering the number of Iranians as casualties. Some were already throwing oral tantrums against Trump, only for later news to prove the opposite that it was even a missile launched by the Iranian government, and Trump was vindicated.

It's an open secret that majority of Nigerians (including myself) are against Buhari. Charlie boy,Nnamdi Kanu and some other heavy Weights have on several occasions, protested against the Buhari led administration (2face made an attempt)So Sowore held a nation wide REVOLUTIONARY protest against Buhari. Now, (let's assume to be in Iran's shoes)if peradventure Sowore's protest coincided with the America-Nigeria rift, won't you have assumed at once that it has everything to do with D. Trump?

The truth is, you would always have problems with people when you're BAD...
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by goslowgoslow(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
SirKomA:

Do you see killing a terrorist a stupid action? SMH
Please define a terrorist. Once you did not allow America to siphon your resources they will label you a terrorist. What is American business on another man's soil if not to steal their oil? And you expect those people to fold their hands while their resources are stolen.
The number one terrorist nation in the world is America, they created every other terrorist.
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Insectkiller: 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
ijaw1stson:
An eye for an eye... Just when they were getting the recognition and international sympathy they craved for, they bleeped up

That's to tell u that:

Evil will always an evil man/group.

They killed 176 innocent people with missile for NO rwason

Soleimani was never liked by d Iranians..

The Iranians are over suppressed by their leadership without any benefit..
The citizens are dieing softly..

The earlier they cry out d better..
Re: 'Our Enemy Is Not US ': Iran Protesters Demand Leaders Quit After Plane Downed by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
Iranian authority performed so poorly and I am waiting for those who. were drumming for WWIII with all kind of useless theories. This Iran is a total disgrace from the stampede that killed many of their people during Tue soleimani funeral procession to donning. an aircraft carrying its own citizens right there in Tehrain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Earthquake hits Turkey and Syria, 1,400 Killed (Pictures, Video) / Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment / India Issues Final Warning To Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.