Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Olamma, The Mystic Child - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Olamma, The Mystic Child (748 Views)

Olamma, The Mystic Child( 2) / The Mystic Four / Mystic Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamma, The Mystic Child by Chikezie1245: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2020
”I feel I could kill. I feel that I might like it. And I know that this should scare me. But it doesn’t. It excites me. I’m in Plato’s cave, watching the shadows and fraught with the desire to hunt what casts them.”

— Nenia Campbell, Fearscape( Horrorscape# 1)

★★★

THE whooshing of the wind and the loud banging of the door against the doorsill startled Olamma from her sleep. She fluttered her eyes open and rose up from the mat spread on the cold, concrete floor. Ordinarily, a child of her age would have let out a shrill cry upon waking up and not seeing her mother or any member of her family around. She was called ‘Agadi Nwanyi’ (Old Woman) by the members of her family because of her unusual calm disposition and wisdom. She hardly played with her mates, hardly talked and hardly smiled. Her father once said that the gods had come to sojourn in his family in the form of his daughter.

She took the lantern from the centre table where it was kept and stepped outside through the door that was left ajar. She knew that this door was always locked at night, and, so, it was strange to see it open, with her parents and siblings no where to be found.

The cold, violent wind blew on her face as she stepped outside. She gasped, and tightened her grip on the lantern handle. As if ready for a fight, the wind blew again with a greater force, shook the tree branches so hard that they swayed, rustled and shed their leaves. Then, the light in the lantern went off.

Olamma shuddered and bent her head in the dark. She dropped the lantern on the ground, and lifted her face with the blazing eyes of a nocturnal beast to find her elusive assailants and fight them squarely.

More on>>> www.illufik.com

Re: Olamma, The Mystic Child by 198800Mam(m): 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
NYC 1, MORE UPDATE
Re: Olamma, The Mystic Child by silverlinen(m): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
Update pls ooo

Op abeg com and update us
Re: Olamma, The Mystic Child by ItzKennybest67(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Following oo
Re: Olamma, The Mystic Child by Ann2012(f): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
Following
Re: Olamma, The Mystic Child by gracile(f): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
*grabs a seat and sips zobo

(1) (Reply)

John Boyega to Star in Tomi Adeyemi’s Yoruba History Movie / Vacancy!! Vacancy!! Vacancy / I Was Almost Lynched By A Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.