Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? (3034 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Reason Why Our Prayer Is Not Being Answer And The Solution!!! Pleased Read / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? by BillGatesFan(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2007
Christian Mantra-Prayers

1. LORD JESUS CHRIST, HAVE MERCY ON ME.
This is the most popular form of the Jesus prayer

2. LORD JESUS CHRIST,SON OF GOD, HAVE MERCY ON ME.
A variant recommended by Nicephoros of Mount Athos (12th or 13th Century).

3. LORD JESUS CHRIST

4.JESUS JESUS
This is the shortest variant and the Kernel of the Jesus prayer.for more on trhre Jesus prayer, read: The way of A Pilgrim'Image Books,1977),written by a 19th century Russian pilgrim. Also: The Jesus prayer by A Monk of the Eastern Church( St.Vladimir's Seminary press. 1987)

5. THE "HAIL MARY" and THE " OUR FATHER"
These are the prayers recited on the roman Catholic rosary

6. GLORY BE TO THE FATHER,THE SON,AND THE HOLY SPIRIT( GLORIA PATRI,FILIO,ET SPIRITUI SANCTO)
this Gloria is also part of the Roman Catholic Liturgy.

7.LORD,HAVE MERCY ON US,CHRIST, HAVE MERCY ON US

Part of the Catholic Mas.

8. OM JESU CHRISTU
A prayer recited by Catholics in South India.

HINDU MANTRA-PRAYER

1. HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE
HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE

This is called the Maha(great) Mantra because it is popularly acknowledged in India as the greatest and most powerful mantra.It is most recommended because it contains the essence of all other names.Krishna,the All-Attractive i.e.the supreme personality of Godhead,Rama, the Supreme Enjoyer,i.e. also the supreme Lord,HAre,the Lord's divine energyby which the lord is attained.

2.SRI RAM,JAI JAI RAM
Sri ram, Lord Ramachandra, the supreme lord,specifically as He appears in Valmiki's epic scripture The Ramayana.

3. GOVINDA JAI JAI,GOPALA JAI JAI,RADHA RAMANA HARI GOVINDA JAI JAI.

4.OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA
Om,impersonal aspect of GOD: Namo, I offer obeisances to,Bhagavate,the All opulent Lord,Bhagavan,Vasudevaya,Krishna,the son of Vasudeva;Om,I offer my Obeisances to Bhagavan Sri Krishna, the son of Vasudeva.

5. ON HARI OM

Om,Impersonal aspect of GOD,sometimes spelled AUM: Hari, The supreme Lord.

JUDAIC Mantra-Prayers

1.SHEMA YISRAEL ADONAI ELOHENU ADONAI EHAD.

"Hear,O Isreal,the Lord our God,the Lord is One."

2.RIBONO SHEL OLAM

"Lord of the Universe"

3.BARUKH ATTAH ADONAI

"Blessed art Thou,O Lord."

4.ADONAI ADONAI EL RAHUM VE-HANNUN
"Lord,Lord,merciful and compassionate."

Muslim Mantra-Prayer

1. ALLLAHU AKBAR
"God is great"

2.LA ILAH ILL'ALLAHU
"There is no god but GOD."

3.BISMILLAH IR-RAHMAN IR-RAHIM
"In the name of Allah,the merciful,the compassionate"

4.ALLAH, ALLAH
" God,God"

Buddhist Mantra-Prayers

1.NAMU AMIDA BUTSU
" I offer my obeisances to Lord Buddha"

2. KWANZEON BOSATSU
" O Bodhisatva of compassionate Mercy"

3. OM MANI PADME HUM
"O jewel in the Lotus of the heart!"

Was doing religious research and I found all these, so which one is your best Mantra-Prayers? and Do you think they all are worshiping the same GOD? To me it looks there are, but differnt ways of calling and worshiping, I came to realise that is only a misunderstanding of religion that is making us hate one another,cos in reality to me is the same Living GOD everyone is calling out in veneration and deep devotion.
Re: Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? by thesilent1(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2007
what about:

o se, o se o (3x)
o se o
o se babba
Re: Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? by BillGatesFan(m): 11:47am On May 29, 2007
@thesilent1:Yeah you can add that is good, but then do you thibnk they are all addressing one and the only true GOD?
Re: Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? by thesilent1(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2007
that question can ONLY be answered by the people reciting them i guess. as for me, i can only tell you why I do.

on a different note, would you feel we need to know if there is life on other planets or solar system? i mean if we claim to have God's word, does that mean that we SHOULD know everything about other planets as we do here on earth?

i just keep having this funny thought of seeing all sorts on ressurection day and God asking why we are shocked! did we think we knew everything!!! LOL

PS - I AM A SCI-FI FREAK AND SO I HAVE A LOT OF ISSUES! LOL THIS IS NOT A DOCTRINE PEOPLE!!! SO DO NOT GET ALL THEOLOGICAL ON ME!!!!

(1) (Reply)

If God Is Omniscient, Why The Efforts? / Mohammed: The ONLY Prophet ever Accused Of STEALING / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: God’s Word Is The Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.