Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) (66240 Views)

My Skin Has Gone Bad. I Need Help! (Disturbing Photos) / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos) / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
No she's not using any medication at the moment. Last malaria med she took was mid dec 2019.

Thank you for your advise.

SURElee:
Is this baby under any medication she might be reacting to that you don't know? Maybe she is reacting to a drug. I remember reacting to tetracycline years ago.

Then again, if you have a personal clipper, use it to barb her hair and take her to the hospital, she needs an appointment with the doctor.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks

solasoulmusic:
Sorry to see this and thoughts are with your little girl I wish her healing boil that plant as lady Sarah said we used it during chicken pox lol though we bathed outside in a secluded area lmao to avoid anyone else contracting it
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
StemcellNigeria:
How old is your daughter?
you read that post at all or na only picture you come view?
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
LadySarah:
It will not pass very tight hairstyles.
I might be wrong though. Just comb her hair and pack in buns with fancy bands.

Boil the red acalypha flower and bath her with it for one week, mion and night
nairaland native doctor cool
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
solasoulmusic:
Sorry to see this and thoughts are with your little girl I wish her healing boil that plant as ladySarah said we used it during chicken pox lol though we bathed outside in a secluded area lmao to avoid anyone else contracting it
exactly
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Just once in a while she use attachments.
During last xmas,yes

Inappropriate.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by J21propertyreal(m): 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Zinnat antibiotics
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by anoziechi(f): 12:14am On Jan 14, 2020
all those people shouting take her to the hospital... what if the person is not buoyant enough to go to the hospital...
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Nellyblaq: 12:21am On Jan 14, 2020
Please,take her to the hospital before its too late
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by chibabypresh(f): 12:27am On Jan 14, 2020
StemcellNigeria:
How old is your daughter?
.i know a proffesional eye doctor that can help u.check my signature.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Novaccines: 12:52am On Jan 14, 2020
LadySarah:
It will not pass very tight hairstyles.
I might be wrong though. Just comb her hair and pack in buns with fancy bands.

Boil the red acalypha flower and bath her with it for one week, mion and night

Herbal remedies are natural
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by fm7070: 1:07am On Jan 14, 2020
Take her to the hospital or get her antibiotics. Ampiclox or Zinat
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by AfroKnight: 1:27am On Jan 14, 2020
It’s sad to see graduates prescribe antibiotics freely on a thread. Those drugs should not be abused at all. You could develop resistance and suffer for it later. Don’t mess with antibiotics.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ismy5000: 2:29am On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:
Please help diagnose this thing on my daughter's head. That thing looks like small small boils all over her head. It pains her alot and she doesnt want anyone to touch her head especially when bathing. She 3yrs old, eats well and very active.

It started 4 days ago and progressed to this stage.

Other Sypmtoms include:

She doesnt sleep well at night becauese of pains on her head.

High temp especially around 1am-5am ( we have been using paracetamol to calm bown the temp)

Little rashes on her neck and lower back.

Her hair doesnt grow evenly (though we have noticed this for a while)

Though my baby was once having something of such while her teeths are coming out. But with antibiotics she was doing fine.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by mu2sa2: 6:25am On Jan 14, 2020
Zoroaster:
Why do nigerians fear going to hospital?
Humongous bill in the face of excruciating poverty!
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by kennyclassic: 6:45am On Jan 14, 2020
Please, what’s the name of the drug and which part of your body was the boil? I have this little boil on my eye that has refused to dry up after taking some drugs.
fastseo:

Let me tell you, there was a time I had boil, I had gone to hospital, taken drugs... Spent over 30,000 naira but this small boil was still shiny and refuse to go. Bought various drugs some where 2500 to 3000. Taken antibiotics.

I had to go to two medical labs still saying same thing and the drugs and injection they prescribed could not do anything.

I had to search online, search for similar images online and I landed here on nairaland. And I saw where one girl like that suffered from same issue and called the drugs she used.... I went to the store to get it for just 350 naira and 3 days that boil dried up... Its over 3 years now.

So don't ask people not to discuss their problems here, it will help thousands if not million of people some day.

Even most doctors do prescribe drugs based on similar cases they have handled before
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by frozen70(f): 7:08am On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:
Please help diagnose this thing on my daughter's head. That thing looks like small small boils all over her head. It pains her alot and she doesnt want anyone to touch her head especially when bathing. She 3yrs old, eats well and very active.

Other Sypmtoms include:

High temp especially around 1am-5am ( we have been using paracetamol to calm bown the temp)

Paracetamol is just a temporary pain reliever not for infection treatment

Pls scrap that hair or use scissors not razor pls, it's very sensitive because of the boils

Take her to government hospital for proper diagnosis

So many infections and diseases are in the air and children are probe to get them because their immune system is too weak at that age to fight any disease

Stop self medication and do the need full

One more thing, stop plaiting that hair for the next one year even after she recoveres, why because, you need to allow the hair to rest so that it can regrow its strength as it looks very weak and the scalp too is too tender
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by richesnaturals: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2020
It's definitely an infection, the girl can use Neem soap and Antifungal cream morning and night . And continue with the antibiotics given at the hospital.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by ojojameso(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2020
pls. just wash with local soda soap and take any antibiotics that is all
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by EdwinChima04(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

Augmentin would go a long way in curing her but you sure needs a doctor prescription so as to know the mg she would be able to take.
Godspeed to her❤
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Donchichi212(m): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Just key in and have faith during the 5nights of glory, I assure you that your daughter will be healed.

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Thank you @ all
I appreciate your concerns.
I say Thank you.

Early this morning i shaved her hair at home and I took her to a doctor friend. Doctor recommended Sporidex & Vit c syrup and that we should discontinue the Ampiclox (moreso it's not Beecham brand)

Those boils are responsible for the temp rise, immune response or something, so i was told.

She hs started using Sporidex, and i believe the boils/infection will be over in matter of days. The boils have even started to dry up just upon using Ampiclox for a day.

No more hair plaiting for now. I hope my wife will listen this time around, seeing what she has done to her scalp.
smiley

I got adi agbon oil too, she will be using it to rub her head. Maybe that's the same thing as coconut oil.

frozen70:

Paracetamol is just a temporary pain reliever not for infection treatment

Pls scrap that hair or use scissors not razor pls, it's very sensitive because of the boils

Take her to government hospital for proper diagnosis

So many infections and diseases are in the air and children are probe to get them because their immune system is too weak at that age to fight any disease

Stop self medication and do the need full

One more thing, stop plaiting that hair for the next one year even after she recoveres, why because, you need to allow the hair to rest so that it can regrow its strength as it looks very weak and the scalp too is too tender
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Irore: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

This is common with babies. She will outgrow it very soon. Bath her clean always making sure her nails are cut. Antibiotics and analgelsics like the paracetamol you've being giving will do. No course for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by queenblossom(f): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

Buy gentamicin and apply on those places. Thank me after 7days
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by nsidav: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
Madam your Child's case is spiritual.

See the Diagnosis:
1. Persistent temperature rise at night is due to fact that she's being cooked.
2. The rashes is likened to what you find in your pot when your food is burnt (food ash).
3.The scalps shows that the food/ whatever reached a boiling point.

Treatment: Paracetamol wont solve the problem as the fever goes when the coven closes for the day. Try alternative counter measure.
If you are not satisfied, consult your doctor.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by raiszy2k(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
Vision2045:

Easy Madam

This is a public forum, Members are from different sphere of life.. she might get needed information here not necessarily the solution, that will equip her in making a better decision

@OP

Get the little girl antibiotic and anti-fungal cream..take her to the nearest pharmacy..the boil on her head is as a result of ingrown hair... Give her a clean cut and let her maintain her hair without any hairdo until she is 5 and use plenty coconut oil for her hair...she will be fine
congrats doctor you just cured your first patient
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by frozen70(f): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:
Thank you @ all
I appreciate your concerns.
I say Thank you.

Early this morning i shaved her hair at home and I took her to a doctor friend. Doctor recommended Sporidex & Vit c syrup and that we should discontinue the Ampiclox (moreso it's not Beecham brand)

Those boils are responsible for the temp rise, immune response or something, so i was told.

She hs started using Sporidex, and i believe the boils/infection will be over in matter of days. The boils have even started to dry up just upon using Ampiclox for a day.

No more hair plaiting for now. I hope my wife will listen this time around, seeing what she has done to her scalp.
smiley

I got adi agbon oil too, she will be using it to rub her head. Maybe that's the same thing as coconut oil.

Thanks be to God, that sporidex is supper for children but very expensive.
As for plaiting her hair, it's a total no ❗❗❗, stand on it

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by kutyjay: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
She is suffering from hair scalp tenderness.
So i will just go straight to the point on how she should be treated.

Home first aid ointments, creams, antiseptics, and dressing materials are often enough to treat basic cases. Long-lasting or painful scalp tenderness should be reported to a doctor.

As so many conditions are linked to scalp tenderness and sensitivity, the course of treatment for each case can vary greatly. Treating the underlying cause of scalp tenderness typically treats the symptoms.

Some form of medicated cream or ointment is likely to be prescribed to manage irritation, pain, and external symptoms alongside other treatments. Medicated washes, shampoos, rinses, and conditioners are also commonly used to help treat scalp tenderness.

In the United States, Minoxidil and laser devices are available over the counter (OTC) or online. Finasteride is another treatment approved the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Studies have shown that it can slow hair loss in 80 percent of cases of hereditary male balding or thinning caused by certain conditions. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for more general cases.

Patients should read directions fully before starting treatment.

If an infection does not clear after one treatment cycle, patients should seek further advice. The same advice applies to over-the-counter dandruff treatments. Pharmacists can help with choosing treatments and address concerns before starting either treatment.

Steps to take to relieve a tender scalp include:

massaging the scalp with fingertips in circular motions
applying ice for 10-minute intervals
using tools to manipulate the scalp like
slowly letting down hair that has been held in a tight position for a long period
Stretching and relaxation techniques can also be helpful for scalp tenderness caused by headaches, muscle soreness, and tension.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by adeblow(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
xavuv:
Yes, well water, and it properly treated. I don't think this issue is water related.

This happened to my neighbor's daughter and he also treats the water. Those water disinfectants don't really work well. Take note

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Mom007(f): 12:31am On Jan 15, 2020
Go and buy her biocine syrup. It will go in less than a week. Its about 3k and only sold in good pharmacy.
Pls, paracetamol is not a curative drug pls, just a temporary measure till you find out what's wrong with your child.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by entaye(m): 11:15am On Jan 15, 2020
Same thing happened to my niece last year ending but she was treated with folic acid n bicco injunction for five days. Nothing to fear as it is only HEAT.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by wizardus: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
sheltcon:

Abi now

Ode..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Wuhan Pool Party In China Sparks Outrage Amidst Covid-19 - Video / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.