Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? (2200 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by mcdokwe(m): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
I done enter o!

Even though this had been coming and going as side talks, it got to a head last December when mama called me for an "important talk" only for her to delve into the marriage sermon. Thank God a someone visited and interrupted that session, everyone got busy and we never had that time till I ran away from home.

Now almost every elderly person I have a little discussion with, marriage must enter am. Nobody dey even ask me whether I done see food chop na to go pay ogbenge list come carry woman wey fit they tell me everything wey the neighbour do for him wife wey I no dit do.

Girlfriend I no kwukwuma get.

Please this can't be just me passing through this, who else is in my shoes and how do you survive?

5 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by drmikeadams(m): 11:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
mcdokwe:
I done enter o!

Even though this had been coming and going as side talks, it got to a head last December when mama called me for an "important talk" only for her to delve into the marriage sermon. Thank God a someone visited and interrupted that session, everyone got busy and we never had that time till I ran away from home.

Now almost every elderly person I have a little discussion with, marriage must enter am. Nobody dey even ask me whether I done see food chop na to go pay ogbenge list come carry woman wey fit they tell me everything wey the neighbour do for him wife wey I no dit do.

Please this can't be just me passing through this, who else is in my shoes and how do you survive?
grin cheesy grin. No be only u ,but dem go shock wen I no marry Las las

4 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
Use the normal reply naa

"The economy is hard"...or tell them "Buhari"

They'll understandly sharparly that you are broke and still hustling. Don't go and mumusciously marry when shi shi no dey your trouser grin grin

But on a serious note, when my guys ask me.."Guy how far you na, how your way naa?..where madam naa?"
I always tell them.."Guyss..make we calm down, 12 never nack if 11 never nack, things are not smooth...buhari grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by FreeMejoor1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
My brother, your own is even small.

My family pastor has been calling my phone, I have been ignoring.
I already know that marriage talks is part of what he's calling me for.
Last he told me, he got married & he was earning 30k.

I don't know what my parents discussed with the man.
Pesin wey never feed well, na him wan marry?

Last year they tried to introduce me to one girl, i Japa!
Before i enter one chance.

13 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Ladylite: 12:12am On Jan 14, 2020
Truthsayer009 wow your pastor didn't know times had changed ni. Also many of these get their notion from bishop oyedepo and the story is not even complete.

The best way to handle marriage talks is to ask them to contribute money for your wedding. Then you will see the True hypocritical nature in man. They all just want to push other people, they do not really care.

6 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by pryme(m): 12:45am On Jan 14, 2020
mcdokwe:
I done enter o!

To the elders, tell them you will let them know when its time.

To your peers, Tell them its none of their concern.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 14, 2020
Ladylite:
Truthsayer009 wow your pastor didn't know times had changed ni.

Asin, wetin Adele no go see for other side.

I feel like all our parents and old folks are all in the same WhatsApp group, they think alike.

Best is to ignore, not to seem disrespectful.

3 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Ladylite: 1:09am On Jan 14, 2020
truthsayer009:

Asin, wetin Adele no go see for other side.

I feel like all our parents and old folks are all in the same WhatsApp group, they think alike.

Best is to ignore, not to seem disrespectful.

Yes ooo president bubbu was not their president back then and naira to dollar in their days was less than $100 and its time we unlearn what they taught us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by mcdokwe(m): 5:37am On Jan 14, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin cheesy grin. No be only u ,but dem go shock wen I no marry Las las
lol, abeg o
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by mcdokwe(m): 5:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Okpa042:
Use the normal reply naa

"The economy is hard"...or tell them "Buhari"

They'll understandly sharparly that you are broke and still hustling. Don't go and mumusciously marry when shi shi no dey your trouser grin grin

But on a serious note, when my guys ask me.."Guy how far you na, how your way naa?..where madam naa?"
I always tell them.."Guyss..make we calm down, 12 never nack if 11 never nack, things are not smooth...buhari grin grin
lol, some of this people no go even ask you whether you done chop, las las dem go say woman dey bring blessing

2 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Raalsalghul: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
mcdokwe:
I done enter o!

Typical black man mentality!

They won't proffer self development paths, ways on garnering side incomes or how to start a business, rather they'll push you to get married, breed and add to the already bloated population of this shit hole.

In all honesty, I regret being born in this continent. angry

Spits! angry

Cc; Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by pocohantas(f): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
truthsayer009:
My brother, your own is even small.

My family pastor has been calling my phone, I have been ignoring.
I already know that marriage talks is part of what he's calling me for.
Last he told me, he got married & he was earning 30k.

I don't know what my parents discussed with the man.
Pesin wey never feed well, na him wan marry?

Last year they tried to introduce me to one girl, i Japa!
Before i enter one chance.

Keep quiet. Go and marry.

Nigerian used evening newspaper.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
Go and marry so they'll see their grandchildren.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by edoairways: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Who would feed them?

2 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
edoairways:

Who would feed them?
You know these things simply fall into place as long as both parents ain't jobless
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by jieta: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
mcdokwe:
I done enter o!

See my partner in crime

I don't even know if am making a mistakes but i really want to settle down but i don't have a serious relationship.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by sholay2011(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
This is not a major reason to marry as touching as it sounds. It's more important to be, and find the right person, and regardless of whatever marital status, to be happy.

Everyone keeps asking questions as if life is a grocery list: "Hope you've finished school?" "You don't have a job ni?" "Where is the wife naa (or husband as it applies)?" "So, what are you doing now?"

No one ever asks if you're happy. And life is never a competition. Everyone's time will come. The best you can do is pray for your children's marital life.

11 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by sholay2011(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
You know these things simply fall into place as long as both parents ain't jobless
Like it fell into place for all the Nigerian couples with jobs...
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by mcdokwe(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
jieta:
See my partner in crime

I don't even know if am making a mistakes but i really want to settle down but i don't have a serious relationship.
nna mehn, I have
even nursed the idea of meeting someone today and getting married next week.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by jieta: 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
mcdokwe:
nna mehn, I have
even nursed the idea of meeting someone today and getting married next week.
Boss this is not a joking matter to be sincere with you i really want to settle down in fact i will be relocating back to my state to see if i can meet some one.

my business is moving very well where i am but world people will not let me rest on marriage. it's becoming embarrassing to me.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by mcdokwe(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
jieta:
See my partner in crime

the Lord is your muscle. All is well that ends well

1 Like

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by faithfull18(f): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol.
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Pavore9: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Am just laughing...... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Octopusssy(f): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
pocohantas:

LMAO
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Octopusssy(f): 9:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
So men too get pressured to marry? After now they will come here to call women 'old cargo', meanwhile in reality they are too poor to marry so they come online to transfer the agression.

Nonsense and broke bachelors

*spits angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
sholay2011:

Like it fell into place for all the Nigerian couples with jobs...
Are u happy?
Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by We4all: 1:03am On Jan 15, 2020
mcdokwe:
I done enter o!

If you're of marriageable age and not yet married, your parents will surely pester you. Just make them understand that the economy is hard, and you will get married when you're able to take care of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Raalsalghul: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2020
pocohantas:

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Raalsalghul: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:

Typical first grade example of a sheeple! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Typical first grade example of a sheeple! undecided
Wareva. I'm sure ur dad was rich when he had you, did u starve?

2 Likes

Re: Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? by Raalsalghul: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Wareva. I'm sure ur dad was rich when he had you, did u starve?

In a way, I did and he was a victim of all this "go and get married with whatever you have" rhetoric.

As if you yourself will marry a promising guy, talk less of a broke one. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Invitation Card / My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder / What Happened That Made You Realized You Don't Have A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.