Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

This Company Is A Scam! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Company Is A Scam! (16600 Views)

Please, Who Knows This Company "Dreamworks Direct" / Who Knows This Company! / This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:17am On Jan 14, 2020
So I was helping a friend of mine who recently moved to Abuja to hunt for jobs online and I came across this ad on Instagram. I followed the details and added the number on WhatsApp, then I sent a message mentioning my reason for adding which was to enquire about job vacancies as posted on the ad.
The person said there are always jobs but I would have to subscribe. I was not clear at first, so I asked for explanations.
He said I would have to pay 5k for subscription fee and then he would add me to the WhatsApp group where I would see real job vacancies and be able to get a job in no time. (Of course I knew it was scam, based on my experience.)
I declined and said he was running a scam company. I am not interested.
He got upset and said he would deal with me.
Do I know who he is, blah blah.
I deleted and blocked his number.

He sent me text messages saying he would deal with me.
I realised I was dealing with a frustrated scammer.

In less than ten minutes, I got like 100 new messages on WhatsApp. Young ladies and guys texting me to plead to be added to the ushering position they heard I was in charge of.

I was surprised and asked questions. To my surprise Mr Jeremiah, "the scammer" had posted my number on the WhatsApp group telling everyone I had an ushering job for today and the pay was 6k cash. I felt pity for the innocent youths sending me their best pictures with information about their height etc, so I decided to explain everything to them in a brief message which I copied and posted for everyone who messaged me about the ushering job.

Honestly, the number is ranging from 300-400 people.

It is so sad that the government is so reluctant to do anything about the high unemployment in the country, making all these people vulnerable to scammers.
The attachment below have his number and Instagram page so everyone can beware and know that he is running a scam company, so you don't go and pay 5k for nothing.

The scammer's number : 08167164581

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:26am On Jan 14, 2020
These!

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:29am On Jan 14, 2020
These

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:32am On Jan 14, 2020
These is the much I can post.

It's a chore screen grabbing all these chats and posting here.

So everyone should be careful. That's my point!

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by 1kworks: 2:42am On Jan 14, 2020
That's nice what you did.
I can only imagine how much they must have amassed already. Keep exposing them.

I honestly didn't know there were ladies looking for 6k per day jobs oh yet they'd act like 20k is nothing when u take em out. sad Good thing is isn't all of em

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:52am On Jan 14, 2020
1kworks:

I honestly didn't know there were ladies looking for 6k per day jobs oh yet they'd act like 20k is nothing when u take em out. sad Good thing is isn't all of em

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Greyworld: 2:59am On Jan 14, 2020
How do people feel comfortable spending someone else's money ?

Now here lies my issue with Nigeria, Every active Sim is registered with a picture linked to it, every bank account is linked so a bvn, which also have pictures and details

so how can someone pull such stunts and walk. ordinarily I expect his/her picture all over the place with a bounty on his/her head. Clearly written "dead or alive"

9 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 3:02am On Jan 14, 2020
Greyworld:
How do people feel comfortable spending someone else's money ?

Now here lies my issue with Nigeria, Every active Sim is registered with a picture linked to it, every bank account is linked so a bvn, which also have pictures and details

so how can someone pull such stunts and walk. ordinarily I expect his/her picture all over the place with a bounty on his/her head. Clearly written "dead or alive"

Sadly. He has been hiding his face.

I asked some girls in the WhatsApp group if they can send me his picture. They all said they don't know what he looks like, meanwhile they paid the 5k for the jobs. So sad.

Guess cause of desperation, nobody bothered to ask for his pic, so they don't miss the job.

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Greyworld: 3:08am On Jan 14, 2020
slimdamatrix1:

I asked some girls in the WhatsApp group if they can send me his picture. They all said they don't know what he looks like, meanwhile they paid the 5k for the jobs. So sad.

Guess cause of desperation, nobody bothered to ask for his pic, so they don't miss the job.

See my point... through the account they paid into to the bank can bring his full ID.(that's why BVN) even if he used another person's account, the police can start tracking them from there.

They can't just keep scamming young innocent (maybe naive) Nigerians trying to make ends meet. it really hurts

4 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 3:11am On Jan 14, 2020
Greyworld:

See my point... through the account they paid into to the bank can bring his full ID.(that's why BVN) even if he used another person's account, the police can start from their.

they can't just keep scamming young innocent (maybe naive) Nigerians trying to make ends meet. it really hurts

You are right.
With his BVN he can be traced, but we all know it is a long thing as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Going to the bank, they may ask for police statement. The police sef may ask for bribe or something to motivate them.

The system honestly does not favour us. Sadly!

6 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by skyhighweb(m): 3:27am On Jan 14, 2020
atleast now we know lot of girls wanna work even if its little moni, but dey paid 5k each damn

ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by lonelydora: 5:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Are you interested in making money??

Okay, I’m Mrs faith from Binomo investment!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by y3mi(m): 6:12am On Jan 14, 2020
Nigeria - the zoo where the security agencies do not work thereby allowing the criminal-minded among the animalized to prey on others who are just trying their best to survive.

As it keeps occuring here, if this were to have happened in a normal country the culprit would have been caught and jailed.

I could remember here on Nairaland the story of one big time scammer who after receiving responds from the fake job ads aimed at desperate job seekers which he sends out on Facebook, claiming he is the Personal Assistant to the billionaire - Mike Adenuga, as one of his companies is sourcing for employees, only to ignore the males jobhunters to focus on his targets - the females by replying and inviting them over to an hotel for an interview, coerces them with lies that until they sleep with him they can't get the juicy jobs been the he remains the only person standing between the boss and the job, once the unsuspecting lady gives in, he records their video by the flick of a switch that triggers a camera rigged to the fan of the hotel room. The lady whom the job has been promised gets home with the joy of becoming an employee soon in this zoo but only to revieve a message in her Facebook inbox of compromising photos of what happened, with the threat of sending more to all her Facebook friends and the video to her husband else she sends so, so and do amount for it to be deleted. This arsehole was living big, fresh and fat off of married women's ordeal for years until one brave Igbo wife decided to damn his threat and had him reported to the police she has trusted connection to, even despite releasing the video to her husband, thereby ruining her marriage life, the greedy SoB was still led on to think he would get the agreed money just to have all the photos/video deleted, and so he was nabbed. I pray in my heart that lady is rewarded with good tidings by the universe or karma somehow, whoever she is, she might have her marriage destroyed for the risk she took but she certainly has no idea of how many she has saved by her act of valor. I wish the zoo police force aren't as corrupted like and by the govt. folks at the top, for them alone can't fix the country if they understand the power they wield.

OP great job, I wish everyone like you who listened to their instinct to detect job offers with scam-alert can take time out that to warn the rest just as you've done, victims would be reducing, but I can understand the effort it will require to do so, not to talk of the already frustrated unemployed people. So, kudos to you.

PS
Edit your post by adding the scammer's phone number(s) for everyone to see.

9 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by ZAWs: 6:39am On Jan 14, 2020
slimdamatrix1:

Even if he posts one, how would you know its him?
He's not a celebrity or an important figure.
The truth is that, these guys would always gets away with whatever they do.
All thanks to the high level of some Nigerians desperation.

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by PapalsBull(m): 9:30am On Jan 14, 2020
lonelydora:
Are you interested in making money??

Okay, I’m Mrs faith from Binomo investment!

grin grin
They are all over Facebook and other sites. People always sending their numbers that they are interested. I really feel sorry for these gullibles youths who fall for their scam.

Is it desperation, get rich quick or the lack of job (which we all know)?

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Holycity(f): 9:52am On Jan 14, 2020
scammers everywhere
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Daviddson(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2020
Chai gringrin This is funny. That scammer guy must have been a stand-up comedian before he decided to venture into a side biz of scamming

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2020
But "I can't date or marry a guy that earns 30k monthly."

Social media: the soil based for fakeness and lies.

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by anslemarinze52(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
I just remembered when one Micheal Godson texted me on facebook claiming his from binomo investment that any amount I pay the company doubles it for me........ he said if I pay 20k in less than one hour I'll see alert of 60k,i was like wow.
I told him to pay the 20k for me when I get the 60k I'll double it for him and send him 40k.

CAN YOU IMAGINE AFTER I SENT HIM THAT MESSAGE THIS GUY BLOCKED ME..... I WAS LIKE IT ME YOU WANT TO SCAM ABI....... SCAMMERS EVERYWHERE BEWARE
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Remnita(f): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
I will like to address this issue
Firstly,Reddnut is scam
Reddnut is a job website where we provide job opportunities for students and graduates,go and make your research about it ..
This guy message me to apply for a job
And I told him the rules of the website
It’s subscribe and get updates and also be added to the Reddnut Private group where we send the jobs with their full details
I’m yet to even explain to him ,he started ranting to say it’s scam
Scam in what way if I may ask?

I have been sending updates since the last 4 years
I’m only asking you now to do me a Favour by proving Reddnut is scam
If you cannot prove it,then you have no right to call me scam
Those are part of the testimonies below
I remain Anita Oluremi
CEO Reddnut
Just Incase you need jobs in Abuja
Ushering and full time jobs for guys and girls with OND,HND and BSc
Kindly contact us on 08167164581..WhatsApp only ���

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by lanreabbey(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:
Firstly,Reddnut is scam
Reddnut is a job website where we provide job opportunities for students and graduates,go and make your research about it ..
It’s subscribe and get updates and also be added to the Reddnut Private group where we send the jobs with their full details

I remain Anita Oluremi
CEO Reddnut

jessssuuuuuub Kristtiii grin ,,,Dis country ehn... OPERATION SCAM THE SCAMMER,,, dis one can Defend ehn

3 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by mamatwiny(f): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
Goodness me.

Please add the following to confirm scam sites;
http://job.cnpc.com/
Zantaggroup.com
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by lanreabbey(m): 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
please o,,,where is it possible to work from Wednesday to Saturday,,, who go do Monday en Tuesday work undecided
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:
Firstly,Reddnut is scam

I remain Anita Oluremi
CEO Reddnut

The fact that you can come and agree that you actually asked for money for subscription proves my point.
You're a scammer!

It is left for Nigerians to decide.
As a good person, I have done my part by alerting everyone about the activities of your scam company.

4 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Remnita(f): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
Kindly send the screenshot where I asked you to pay 5,000
I did not even ask you to pay me money but you cane here to defame my company
I’m a lady not a Guy
And here is my Facebook page Anita Oluremi
Lol!
I’m waiting for the screenshot of our conversation where you I aksed you to pay 5,000
If you cannot prove David Harrison,Slimdamatrix be ready to hear from my lawyers
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:
I’m a lady not a Guy
Lol!
I’m waiting for the screenshot of our conversation where you I aksed you to pay 5,000
If you cannot prove David Harrison,Slimdamatrix be ready to hear from my lawyers

Lmao.

I am waiting to hear from your ghost lawyers.
I ended the chat and blocked you. My mistake. I should have kept that as evidence.
Regardless, you are still running a scam company.

Posting my number like I have jobs to offer these vulnerable boys and girls.

If you were real, would you play with people who paid you to join your scam whatsapp group?

Would you take them for granted by lying to them that I have jobs for them? Seriously?

I will not respond again but I will post on Instagram,Twitter, Facebook and YouTube warning everyone about your scam company.

1 Like

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by carter009(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
am telling you ooooo
1kworks:

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by lanreabbey(m): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:
I’m a lady not a Guy
Lol!
Hey Aboki,,, You Are A Scammer grin

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by Aturitoroman: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
Wow
Re: This Company Is A Scam! by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:
Firstly,Reddnut is scam

I remain Anita Oluremi
CEO Reddnut

Why did you post a job seekers number & ask other jobseekers to contact him? Please explain

2 Likes

Re: This Company Is A Scam! by lanreabbey(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Remnita:

Wow dis Scammer get Lawyer?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancies At Akwa Ibom State College Of Education / Do Online Job Applications Ever Work? / National Orientation Agency(noa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.