Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs (51338 Views)

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by kingGoldust(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

good thinking
the writer never thing about the language ..its different from foreign music
we enjoy some musics here in africa entirely based on street language,slangs and more .
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by flex04(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2020
dake40:

Inside life, Loo tiri 5 alive (You will see 5 alive inside life) and not what you wrote above

All join whats the sense in it
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by mordred44: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2020
On d marlian syd u r wrong.....inside life (lo tiri 5alive)na ryhms wey hin dey try 2 giv
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by geezynoni: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2020
amaniro:

This is called Freestyling in music. Him and Alpha P do that alot. E.g Dumebi, Paloma
Davido freestyles too.
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Commentor: 11:54am On Feb 25, 2020
Standing on the dancefloor

While she's trickin

You are all I want girl

She's a chicken

Montell Jordan.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Obiagu01: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/

I perceive you did science that is why you fail to understand that the difference between music and literature,is the rhythm applied to music.if you did literature,you will know that there's something known as poetic license which means as a poet,you could use word to suit your purpose.and also it shows you have little or no knowledge figures of speech.if not,you wouldn't criticize r.kelly for his use of simile to express himself,and also miss Elliott for using onomatopoeia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AkuluAmu: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

While she's trickin

You are all I want girl

She's a chicken

Montell Jordan.
[/s]
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Ekemeze: 11:57am On Feb 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SavageResponse(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Who cares? Lyrics don't really have to make sense all the time
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

I wish you really understood music...

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Obiagu01: 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/

cold play made use of a figure of speech known as personification.
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by freethinker01: 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
post=86939524:

This remind us of  Bruno Mars – Grenade

There was this line he sang :

'Should’ve known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink
he was recording the whole make out session.lol
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by freethinker01: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
kunmiiii:
You have to make an exception for "Fix You" the lyrical craftsmanship of Chris Martin was great.
"Lights will guide you home" is a metaphor for good souls healing you back to health. They will ‘fix you’ back to your safe zones. So in the chorus, Chris Martin says that he will be her ‘light’ that fixes her back to health.
"Ignite your bones” is also as harmless as rest of the song. This line means that the support you receive from those people around you will restore your energy and give some life into your fading soul. It simply means they are able to re-ignite yourself to former glory.
These lines clearly set the pace, mood and context to the song, and doesn’t deserve to be on that list.
One of my best songs ever. Dude probably doesn't understand the lyrics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Samsimple(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
you claim to be a player but I fvcked your wife.. Hit em up_2pac
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Viicfuntop(f): 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
dake40:

Inside life, Loo tiri 5 alive (You will see 5 alive inside life) and not what you wrote above

And you had to mention the whole post. Lazy man

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by LongThickPenis(m): 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Banana fall on you
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by amaniro: 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
geezynoni:

Davido freestyles too.

Yes. It's an essential part of music
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Liposure: 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
rabazamba:
grin If you likey Karatey I'll teach you Mathematics. What da fuq grin grin
i take u 2 church illuminati

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Ramon92: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
mecuries:
It all falls down to the lack of content write ups from our musicians,they say it as it is forgetting that music is also poetry
yeah, especially those that ve 'blown'. We also have a few who really are lyrically sound but people don't listen to them..
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SouthNigerian: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Felixamos:

I wish you really understood music...

You wish I understand what you understood music to be, is that what yo mean?

Just like I said, music is art so is painting. We all read different meanings to art, same thing with music.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Ramon92: 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
kunmiiii:
You have to make an exception for "Fix You" the lyrical craftsmanship of Chris Martin was great.
"Lights will guide you home" is a metaphor for good souls healing you back to health. They will ‘fix you’ back to your safe zones. So in the chorus, Chris Martin says that he will be her ‘light’ that fixes her back to health.
"Ignite your bones” is also as harmless as rest of the song. This line means that the support you receive from those people around you will restore your energy and give some life into your fading soul. It simply means they are able to re-ignite yourself to former glory.
These lines clearly set the pace, mood and context to the song, and doesn’t deserve to be on that list.
if I remember correctly, he wrote the song when his wife or someone close to him lost someone. He wrote it as an encouragement and that he'll stand by him...

The op doesn't know there is a story behind some songs..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by JastSiryin(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Commentor:

While she's trickin

You are all I want girl

She's a chicken

Montell Jordan.
Nothing wrong with that lyric bruh... Look up the term "Chicken head" cool
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by skyfather09(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Edoloaded:
Let me just drop this here grin grin
Lwkmd..
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SouthNigerian: 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
kingGoldust:

good thinking
the writer never thing about the language ..its different from foreign music
we enjoy some musics here in africa entirely based on street language,slangs and more .

We're caught in the same vibe my guy
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Commentor: 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
JastSiryin:
Nothing wrong with that lyric bruh... Look up the term "Chicken head" cool

Didnt say chicken head and nothing in the song goes on to suggest she's one.
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by cooljoe(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dr Dre 'Never let me slip, 'cause if I slip, then I'm slippin' from the hot jam, Nutn but a G tang
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Papadoh(m): 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
post=86939524:

This remind us of  Bruno Mars – Grenade

There was this line he sang :

'Should’ve known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink
Busted!

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
According to teckno, you can watch movies at shoprite .
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
SouthNigerian:

You wish I understand what you understood music to be, is that what yo mean?

Just like I said, music is art so is painting. We all read different meanings to art, same thing with music.

Or maybe it's because of the genres I listen to..
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by zedman1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Tekno says hi
Hahaha, that Tekno guy, and I heard some time that he studied music, I don't know how true. His lines are almost always meaningless.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
lenghtinny:
I don't recall hearing go to the five alive in soapy....

There's some vernacular mixed up somewhere in between
o ti di five.alive meaning it turned to five alivs
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Liposure: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Timaya: i travel to yankee to go charge my phone Kissdaniel:no be u i carry come, na u i go carry go Tekno: my fone no get charge Davido: money fall on u banana fall on u Olamide: ma kole ma rale Eedriss: migidimigidimigidi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / FM Radio Presenters In Nigeria In the 1980s, '90s And Early 2000s / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.