Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement (3264 Views)

Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement / Bayelsa: Lawyers differ on Supreme Court’s ouster of David Lyon / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Douye Diri On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by chily11: 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
Imo Guber Election: The @OfficialPDPNig is surprised at the judgment of the Supreme Court on the Imo state governorship election describing it as yet another very sad commentary on our nation’s democratic order.

The Party finds it difficult to understand how Senator Hope Uzodinma/APC, who came 4th in the March 9, 2019 governorship election, with just 96,458 votes, will suddenly, by the token of the judgment of the Supreme Court, defeat Gov Emeka Ihedioha/PDP that scored 276,404 votes.

In fact, the @OfficialPDPNig and indeed, most Nigerians are still at a loss as to understand the basis upon which the Supreme Court arrived at its decision.

The party says it is lamentable that the destiny of the people of Imo state is being taken from the governor they chose and voted for and handed over to individuals and a political party that do not have their blessing and mandate and which they rejected at the election.

The people of Imo state are now confronted with the challenge of having a government that they cannot identify with and which cannot connect with them, having not emanated from them.

Moreover, all the gains, including the development and stability already achieved by the people-based government, under Governor Emeka Ihedioha/@OfficialPDPNig administration in the state are now heavily jeopardized.

Indeed, the mournful and despondent ambience that now pervades in Imo state is a loud testimony that the judgment did not reflect the expectation of the people of Imo state as expressed at the polls.

While recognising that the judgment of the Supreme Court is final, the @OfficialPDPNig however urges all party stakeholders in the state to remain united and calm, and await further instruction from the national leadership on this very sad development.

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Joshmodest(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
in politics it's better to be seen as a bad man. than losing power , cos when you lose power it's equal to death .....which is the only thing buhari knows , and one thing Jonathan doesn't ....he relinquished power to the Apc in 2015 , took his eyes off the state politics allowing APC to gather territory , obeying court orders even when they're unfavourable..... all in a bid of trying to be a good man , now buhari is giving not just imo but Nigeria as a whole out to the Apc and the Pdp is toothless !!!
one man the apc is paying 2, 360 naira per month , called manna Bb something , is going to come here now an say God bless the good people of imo state ..
The judge should have put on a face mask and held a gun , cos no justification whatsoever , for this decision.... this is daylight robbery ....
Pathetic !!!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2020

The party says it is lamentable that the destiny of the people of Imo state is being taken from the governor they chose and voted for and handed over to individuals and a political party that do not have their blessing and mandate and which they rejected at the election.

The people of Imo state are now confronted with the challenge of having a government that they cannot identify with and which cannot connect with them, having not emanated from them.

Nothing can be more hypocritical than the above statement credited to PDP. We can remove Imo and replace with Zamfara and see how APC felt when the same Supreme Court through its “token judgement” dashed the state to PDP.

The people of Zamfara rejected PDP at the polls but the state was handed over to the party by the token of Supreme Court judgement. The people of Zamfara have adjusted to life under the party they rejected at the polls, I’m sure the people of Imo will also adjust. Such is life!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by luluosas(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
This Secondus appears to be a CURSE on the PDP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Bethel4Life(f): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hhmm
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Neoteny(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
Is secondus gone yet?
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Bethel4Life(f): 10:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:
The usual wailing.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Eteka1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Rubbish
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by nameo: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=seunmsg post=85802859][/quote]

This is not about the PDP.

Fucck them!!!

It is about a judgement that is strange. Very strange. And capable of putting the judiciary into serious disrepute.

What was the reasoning behind the judgement?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Commentor: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
How can we explain that Secondus is still Chairman of PDP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Bigflamie(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
I don't just understand what's actually happening.

Buhari and co. are really biting more than they can chew. He's gonna be hit hard for his crimes against humanity.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
nameo:

Fucck them!!!

It is about a judgement that is strange. Very starnge. And capable to put the judiciary into serious disrepute.

There is nothing strange in the judgement, it was simply the judiciary correcting the wrongs perpetrated by INEC and PDP.

What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/votes of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move. I shiver at the thought that they almost got away with silencing the electoral choices of over 200,000 valid voters.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by SFSNIPER(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
No level.... cheesy
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Commentor: 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
Can PDP explain how Goodluck Jonathan became governor and president despite never being the prime candidates?

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Donald95(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

There is nothing strange in the judgement. What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/voted of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move.
And as intelligent you think you are, you believe that such votes where cancelled.

Such a pity such amount was wasted on your education

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Donald95:

And as intelligent you think you are, you believe that such votes where cancelled.

Such a pity such amount was wasted on your education

I guess you’re more informed and educated than the seven members of the Supreme Court panel that decided the case unanimously. In case some of you don’t know, Justice Ngwuata also sat on the panel and agreed with the judgement. I guess he’s also APC.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Sirjamo: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joshmodest:
in politics it's better to be seen as a bad man. than losing power , cos when you lose power it's equal to death .....which is the only thing buhari knows , and one thing Jonathan doesn't ....he relinquished power to the Apc in 2015 , took his eyes off the state politics allowing APC to gather territory , obeying court orders even when they're unfavourable..... all in a bid of trying to be a good man , now buhari is giving not just imo but Nigeria as a whole out to the Apc and the Pdp is toothless !!!
one man the apc is paying 2, 360 per month , called manna Bb something , is going to come here now an say God bless the good people of imo state ..
Pathetic !!!!
Story

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Joshmodest(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

There is nothing strange in the judgement, it was simply the judiciary correcting the wrongs perpetrated by INEC and PDP.

What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/votes of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move. I shiver at the thought that they almost got away with silencing the electoral choices of over 200,000 valid voters.
200, 000 valid voters that belong solely to a man who was able to amass just 96 000 votes, in the previous results released by iNEC ....
Apc are slowly wiping out sensible people from Nigeria !!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by realstars: 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
Injustices

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by nameo: 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

There is nothing strange in the judgement. What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/voted of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move.

Who cancelled over 236,000 votes(hope you know what that means) in 388 units( again i hope you know what that number is) in a single state?

INEC?

And was it only Hope's vote that were cancelled?

If 236000 votes were actually cancelled, how come the election was declared conclusive in the 1st place?

Some many questions. And you and I are just guessing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by omenka(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2020

In fact, the @OfficialPDPNig and indeed, most Nigerians wailing Pigs and Idiots are still at a loss as to understand the basis upon which the Supreme Court arrived at its decision.

Fixed.

Ndi Iberibe party. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by chiiraq802(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nigeria is a failed con3....mk dem sell am...I nid my share to play sure 3 odd.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by omenka(m): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Nothing can be more hypocritical than the above statement credited to PDP. We can remove Imo and replace with Zamfara and see how APC felt when the same Supreme Court through its “token judgement” dashed the state to PDP.

The people of Zamfara rejected PDP at the polls but the state was handed over to the party by the token of Supreme Court judgement. The people of Zamfara have adjusted to life under the party they rejected at the polls, I’m sure the people of Imo will also adjust. Such is life!
The nonsensical statement from the hypocrites in chief was well expected. Would have been amazed if it didnt come.

Still waiting for their trademark statements of Democracy being on death row by this judgement.

Such a catastrophe pdp is.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Donald95(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:

I guess you’re more informed and educated than the seven members of the Supreme Court panel that decided the case unanimously. In case some of you don’t know, Justice Ngwuata also sat on the panel and agreed with the judgement. I guess he’s also APC.
[/s]

You and I should be worried that the hope of a common citizen to get Justice in Nigeria (court) has been tampered with.

I remember in 2011 when boko Haram started by killing Igbos, many people supported them by at last, the fire consumed those that started it.

I don't care about APC or PDP, but whoever that wins an election should be allowed to govern.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by WATCHOVER(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Not like Imo where fourth turn to first.
My advice to you is to stop citing zamfara as a case study because the war was in-house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
E pain me .. Mbaka you win.. APC prophet

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by edoairways: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
E pain me .. Mbaka you win.. APC prophet
Mbaka isn't APC prophet. I think the prophecy manifested if not the media would have tarnish his image

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
nameo:

Who cancelled over 236,000 votes(hope you know what that means) in 388 units( again i hope you know what that number is) in a single state?

INEC?

And was it only Hope's vote that were cancelled?

If 236000 votes were actually cancelled, how come the election was declared conclusive in the 1st place?

Some many questions. And you and I are just guessing

Except my memory is now failing me, Imo election was never declared inconclusive.

Please read my initial response very well and get my message. I blamed INEC and PDP for the mess. INEC should take more blame because they have the duty of conducting credible election. I’m very sad that those that cancelled over 200,000 valid votes almost got away with it. Unfortunately, nothing will happen to those that committed the crime.

Again, Uzodinma got the judgement because he was able to prove that over 200,000 valid votes cast for him were unlawfully deducted. Evidence is what matters in the court of law.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by omenka(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bigflamie:
I don't just understand what's actually happening.

Buhari and co. are really biting more than they can chew. He's gonna be hit hard for his crimes against humanity.
Pdp losing a court case is a crime against humanity.

This one is new to us. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

From democracy in danger to this. Very serious increment. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by OVIHINNO(m): 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
nameo:

Fucck them!!!

It is about a judgement that is strange. Very strange. And capable of putting the judiciary into serious disrepute.

I was taken aback with the supreme court judgement initially until I read the details of the judgement.
What's strange about the judgement? The facts of the case has been made bare, Votes in favor of HOPE wrongly cancelled were added back by the Supreme Court. He(Hope) now has the highest number of Votes consequently returned elected!
The question that arises then is, does the supreme court has power to add back votes already cancelled by INEC? From a layman's point view I think answer is YES. Hopefully in the days ahead legal luminaries will elucidate on this matter and the whole contentious issues will be adequately addressed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by nameo: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Except my memory is now failing me, Imo election was never declared inconclusive.

Please read my initial response very well and get my message. I blamed INEC and PDP for the mess. INEC should take more blame because they have the duty of conducting credible election. I’m very sad that those that cancelled over 200,000 valid votes almost got away with it. Unfortunately, nothing will happen to those that committed the crime.

Exactly! It was never declared inconclusive.

Bros, we are not talking about 1000 or 5000 votes here or there but 236,000 votes in 388 units( what is the total number of valid voters and no of units in Imo state).

How is it possible that such a huge number and from such a huge units is cancelled for only one candidate? And none was cancelled for other candidates in these 388 units?

Who cancelled it?

INEC?

Again, does that make any sense to you?

Assuming this happened, it would be the most outrageous crime i.e political fraud, ever conducted in the history of elections in Nigeria and maybe even the world.

How could INEC have been able to succesfully done that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by duwdu: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:

I'm in total agreement with your views. The problem is very disturbing. Hopefully the INEC will have the will and actually guard against such heinous acts by its field officers - or any officer at any level - in the future.

If only the NASS - along with the executive - will help sanitize the system by putting in place an electoral legislation that mitigates all the major loopholes we currently have to grapple with...

P34c3

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Why Did Governor Ganduje Stop Following Tinubu ? ( Pic) / Peter Obi Has Lost Bayelsa Fully. See Why. / The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.