Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

All About Computers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / All About Computers (2921 Views)

All About Computers / BIOS Password Zinox INEC Computers / Laptop Computers Are Now Relatively Cheap, Get One For Yourself, Friend; Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Computers by CompuQaz: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2020
End of Support for Windows 7

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
Imagine you in a boxing ring with someone weighing more than you weigh. He knocked you down and the crowd cheer you to get up, you got up and get knocked down again and you were cheered to get up, this happened again and again and you always find your feet to get up.
Please tell me who'll be more spirited and motivated to win?

Yes in life we get knocked down over and over again but we must motivate ourselves to get up and continue fighting so that perhaps

A lesser weighed boxer might defeat a weightier boxer;
A disadvantaged person might become successful;
A racer who is lagging behind might win the race;

It's all about rising again to achieve desired goal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Get FREE support services for your Computer when you contact CompuQaz on WhatsApp

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2020
Common Keyboard shortcut Keys

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Scary!! Security company Sophos has warned of a new ransomware by hackers that can attack Windows systems by attacking Gigabyte drivers and launching a second driver which will disable any running antivirus on your PC.

The ransomware called RobbinHood uses a security vulnerability found in Gigabyte drivers in 2018. This vulnerability is used to access the device and deploy the ransomware.

Sophos said "The software uses a third-party driver co-signed by Microsoft to modify the kernel file to load its own unsigned malicious driver and remove the secure application from the kernel."

Victims of RobbinHood had to pay to have their files unlocked. Failure to pay and the amount could rise up to $10,000/day.

This ransomeware is scary so PC users should continue to use strong security software to stop attacks and also make sure they get regular security patches from their vendors.

Re: All About Computers by Amicable24: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
CompuQaz:
Get FREE support services for your Computer when you contact CompuQaz on WhatsApp

hi Compuqaz, please how do I undo the ease of access on windows 7. I don't like the way my screen is appearing

cc: Computerboy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
By saying undo, do you mean you have disabled Ease of Access and want to bring it back?

Amicable24:

hi Compuqaz, please how do I undo the ease of access on windows 7. I don't like the way my screen is appearing

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
But if you have tampered with the contrast in Ease of Access:

Just go to PC Settings --> Ease of Access --> And turn OFF High contrast
Hope it helps?

Amicable24:

Re: All About Computers by Amicable24: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
CompuQaz:
But if you have tampered with the contrast in Ease of Access:

Just go to PC Settings --> Ease of Access --> And turn OFF High contrast
Hope it helps?

Thanks for your response. I've gotten my real screen back cheesy

I didn't see anywhere to turn OFF the High contrast and that was indeed the problem because each time I go back to the ease of access menu, the high contrast is always checked, even after unchecking it, it still shecks itself somehow when I go back to see it. I just changed my PC's appearance (I chose a different wallpaper/screen appearance) and it went back to normal.

Thanks once again
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2020
Happy to read that your display is now back to normal. And thanks for contacting CompuQaz

Amicable24:

Thanks for your response. I've gotten my real screen back cheesy

I didn't see anywhere to turn OFF the High contrast and that was indeed the problem because each time I go back to the ease of access menu, the high contrast is always checked, even after unchecking it, it still shecks itself somehow when I go back to see it. I just changed my PC's appearance (I chose a different wallpaper/screen appearance) and it went back to normal.

Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2020
Unauthorized use of someone's password can result in big losses whether monetary or otherwise.

CompuQaz is conducting a survey to help people use very strong but easy to remember passwords.

Please help us complete this survey by clicking on the link below

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3Q7SFHG
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2020
Intel Core CPUs or AMD Ryzen CPUs?
Which one is a masterpiece for you?
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
CORONA VIRUS

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

The deadly Corona Virus termed Covid-19 is a deadly illness which causes cold, fever, and problems with breathing.

Signs of someone infected with the virus are coughing and sneezing. When someone coughs or sneezes into the air, a person standing within an arm's length or two of the infected can contact this illness.

PREVENTION
Avoid touching of face or mouth with unwashed hands;
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water;
Use sanitizers;
Do not touch or go close to someone infected;
Report suspected cases to authorities;

TOGETHER LET'S JOIN HANDS TO FIGHT THIS VIRUS

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, RISE AGAINST COVID-19

CompuQaz Cares!

1 Like

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2020
CoronaVirus is deadly! Stay Home!

Re: All About Computers by highcurrent: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
hi compuqaz
how do I properly install either chrome or Mozilla on a desktop. should I use disc or download directly?
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
If you have a strong antivirus software on your PC, you can download the free version of either chrome or mozilla and they're both available in 64bit and 32bit (check your system properties to know which you're running)

ELSE

We will advise you to install either browser from a compact disc

Hope we have made you make the right decision?

highcurrent:
hi compuqaz

how do I properly install either chrome or Mozilla on a desktop.
should I use disc or download directly?
Re: All About Computers by highcurrent: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
CompuQaz:
If you have a strong antivirus software on your PC, you can download the free version of either chrome or mozilla and they're both available in 64bit and 32bit (check your system properties to know which you're running)

ELSE

We will advise you to install either browser from a compact disc

Hope we have made you make the right decision?

ok.thanks
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:45am On May 01, 2020
How to effectively clean and service your computer (PC)

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 5:36pm On May 20, 2020
Common Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows and Mac PCs

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Our Abeokuta Service Center got a job to supply one of our Customers with brand new computer screen for his Computer Systems. After we deliver and installed the brand new screen, the customer accused us for stealing one of the component in the computer system because it turned that component no longer worked and customer told us it was working a week before. So we were surprised hearing this from the Customer because we have terms which we operate our business and we will never defraud our customers.

We insisted that the component is the customer's and that perhaps it has malfunctioned prior and sighted the scenario that a Computer you properly shut down the night before may not come up the next morning because Technology can be funny atimes.

We therefore offer to go any length to prove the faulty component is actually his at no cost to the customer. When done, we were able to prove to the customer the component he claimed is not his actually belong to him.
When he saw the proof, he accepted and apologized. We therefore asked him to clear our name that we're not fraudsters else we will take legal actions. He afterwards retracted his allegations.

At CompuQaz Computer Service Center we will NEVER defraud our customers and we will always try our best to make our customers happy.

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Visit CompuQaz Service Center to install FREE anti-virus software on your personal computer for free

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Did your Hard Drive crashed ? Or your storage Drive got formatted/deleted/corrupted with important documents on it?
Not to worry, you can send us the Drive for anlysis to estimate percentage of expected successful recovery and quotation FREE of charge

At CompuQaz we can recover data from Hard Drive, SSD, SD card, microSD card, SDHC card, Flash Drives, camera memory etc

If you're within Abeokuta in Ogun State contact CompuQaz Computer Service Center at No 81 Osoba Way adjacent Precious Pharmacy, Oke-ilewo Abeokuta Ogun State

But if you're outside Abeokuta, you can mail, ship or send us the Drive through any other means just make sure it's securely packaged to avoid further damages

OR
Call/Whatsapp at +234-907-394-9269

And we'll analyse the Drive and send you a quotation before we begin work on the Drive usually within 48 hours

Re: All About Computers by Idrisk19(m): 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
CompuQaz:
Did your Hard Drive crashed ? Or your storage Drive got formatted/deleted/corrupted with important documents on it?
Not to worry, you can send us the Drive for anlysis to estimate percentage of expected successful recovery and quotation FREE of charge

At CompuQaz we can recover data from Hard Drive, SSD, SD card, microSD card, SDHC card, Flash Drives, camera memory etc

If you're within Abeokuta in Ogun State contact CompuQaz Computer Service Center at No 81 Osoba Way adjacent Precious Pharmacy, Oke-ilewo Abeokuta Ogun State

But if you're outside Abeokuta, you can mail, ship or send us the Drive through any other means just make sure it's securely packaged to avoid further damages

OR
Call/Whatsapp at +234-907-394-9269

And we'll analyse the Drive and send you a quotation before we begin work on the Drive usually within 48 hours

how can i format my system? proedures please.
Window7
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
First thing first... Can you make System Changes in BIOS?
IF YES,
Proceed to change 1st Boot to Storage Drive that contains Windows 7 image file or backup copy and let the system boot into the Drive and follow appropriate instructions (please note that Microsoft has discontinue Windows 7, but you can get an ESU if you have copy of Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise. Also note that Microsoft still temporary allow you to download and install Windows 7 even after end of support)
IF NO,
Contact CompuQaz Computer Service Center for your installations at No 81 Osoba Way Oke-ilewo Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Idrisk19:

how can i format my system? proedures please.
Window7
Re: All About Computers by Lilusm: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
CompuQaz:
Tell me, I can recover deleted files on my PC using the Partition Recovery software. I read the instructions, there is nothing complicated in this procedure.
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Well that's great if you can recover deleted files but data recovery is in two parts, viz: software and physical data recovery. Do not attempt physical recovery unless you have experience and know what you're doing.

Lilusm:

Tell me, I can recover deleted files on my PC using the Partition Recovery software. I read the instructions, there is nothing complicated in this procedure.
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 12:27am On Sep 13, 2020
A LIST OF THE SERVICES WE OFFER AT COMPUQAZ ICT & COMPUTER SERVICES

1. COMPUTER REPAIRS: Get reliable and professional repairs for your personal and work computers

2. DATA RECOVERY SERVICES: We know how valuable and important your data are to you. Get a quotation within 48 hrs for FREE for your damaged/corrupt storage device(s)

3. COMPUTER ICT MAINTENANCE SERVICES FOR SMALL AND LARGE BUSINESSES: Because we know the cost implication and how time consuming computer ICT downtimes can be, we have flexible maintenance plans you can choose from to ensure your business do not suffer interruption/damages caused by but not limited to malfunctioning computer parts, corrupt/damaged storage Devices, voltage sags & imbalances, virus & malware attacks, missed security updates & patches

4. PROCUREMENT SUPPLY & INSTALLATION OF COMPUTER ICT EQUIPMENT:
We guarantee you sales and supply of computer ICT infrastructure that best meet your personal and/or business requirements. Be rest assured of a wonderful procurement experience backed with authorised after-sales support when you choose us as your supply and installation partner

5. CLOUD STORAGE & BACKUP: Cloud storage offer low cost and safe storage of your valuable data, we ensure regular and scheduled upload of your valuable data to the cloud in a secured manner

Contact us @
No 84 Osoba way adjacent Precious pharmacy along Jide Jones Oke-ilewo Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
+234-907-394-9269

1 Share

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 3:13am On Sep 18, 2020
How Best to Use Uninterruptuble Power Supply (UPS) to Increase Its Useful Life

UPS give you the time to safely power down and protect sensitive electronic Devices like Computers, Servers, Video game consoles etc. from damages when there is blackout/surge.

Many of our customers say most UPS in the market are fake that they hardly give the required backup time specified by the manufacturer when used after just few months during power blackouts, but the truth is that most people use the UPS the wrong way.

Some people continue to use their UPS till the UPS battery goes dead after power outage/blackout. Also some wants to use it up to its specified backup-time immediately there is a power failure/blackout regardless of whether the battery is charged for the amount of time recommended by the manufacturer.
And others incorporate UPS of lower power rating to the intended load and so on.

Before you shop for a UPS, you need to know your requirements and where you want to use the UPS, the amount of backup time needed etc. For example the type and size of UPS you need in area where you experience frequent power surges and in areas where you only need longer backup time is different from the area where you just need enough backup time to save work and shut down the Computer or turn off the Device.
As an example if you want to power a Desktop PC with a UPS, assuming the power supply unit of the computer is 400W then you need to go for a UPS having 1.6 x 400W = 640VA, which is approxiately 650VA (standard). Next you need to determine the backup time you need for the Device/equipment.
Backup time (h) = [ battery capacity (Ah) * 0.9 * 10.5 * battery quantity (EA) ] / UPS power (W)
OR you can check backup time estimate tables from the UPS manufacturer

There are three main design of UPS, and you should go for the one that will best suit your needs
i. Standby UPS: It charges the battery and then waits for the mains power to go out. When that happens, it automatically switches to the battery backup

ii. Line interractive UPS: Similar to Offline UPS but has special transformer embedded. This transformer help the line interactive UPS correct brownouts, voltage sags, overvoltage problems without draining the battery.

iii. Online UPS: This is the most expensive type of UPS because it includes extra electronic circuitry which allow it to repeatedly filter the mains power through the battery system. This type of UPS totally isolates the Devices attached to it from the mains power. Hence, stabilizing the electric power your Device(s) is exposed to, which protects sensitive equipment from surges and drops in voltage.

Conclusively, before you go out and shop for a new UPS you need to do your calculations and know the requirements so you can buy the UPS that best meet your requirements in order to serve the intended purpose(s).

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2020
As demand for internet and sharing connectivity get bigger, there will be need for a more robust Network Security

One of such is Zero Trust Network access (ZTNA) which focussed on the identity of the user, the device and the the application, and not on the IP addresses or physical location of the device

With this, policies on access to an organizations' resources are greatly enforced and more secure
Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2020
Microsoft just released a security update for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19042.685 called 20H2 (KB4592438) ... This build will be applied to users on October 2020 Update and it fixes a System vulnerability which prevents applications that run as a SYSTEM account from printing to "FILE:" ports.

If you are on October 2020 Update, apply the update NOW!

And if you are not, make sure henceforth that your application or services run as a specific user or service account

Re: All About Computers by CompuQaz: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Year 2020 has been a very unpredictable and surprising year with the global outbreak of #covid-19 and recent #EndSars protests in Nigeria.

No doubt all these unforseen events have had negative effects on businesses large or small.
Some businesses folded up, some laid off staff and some resulted to pay-cuts due to reduction in revenue caused by restrictions in movements.

IT departments in business organizations became redundant during the lockdown making it difficult to properly maintain IT infrastructure.
As businesses prepare to reopen, we at CompuQaz ICT are offering businesses large or small a 15-days FREE Emergency Computer IT Support Plan. Within this period we will respond to any emergency call to repair damages done to your Computer IT infrastructure absolutely FREE. And we believe by doing this businesses will be able to run an off-site emergency IT department at a reduced budget and consequently increasing the profit margin of the business.

Call or Whatsapp us @ +234-907-394-9269

*Terms and Conditions Apply*
#covid-19
#businesses
#maintenance
#IT
#support
#computer
#Endsars

(1) (2) (Reply)

HP 15 Notebook Gaming PC For Sale / Your It Administrator Has Prevented You From Browsing This Url. / Ntdetect Failure,pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.